Spatial structure and development of settlements in the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
This article explores the spatial structure and development of settlements comprising the Saint Petersburg agglomeration. Previous studies and database sources, which were never used before (the Federal Tax Service [FTS] database and SPARK-Interfax), are analysed to reveal factors in the economic development of metropolitan areas as well as to understand how ...
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
This article presents a modern interpretation of the concept of ‘geoeconomic situation’ as applied to one of the most important centers of the Baltic region — the St. Petersburg agglomeration. The coastal location of the agglomeration and close connections with the Leningrad region make it possible to consider the Saint Petersburg coastal region (Baltic Area) as a whole. The article sets out not only to verify, confirm, and explain the features of the geoeconomic position of the coastal region, but also to describe the contiguous geoeconomic space. The position of the ...
Geodemography of the Saint Petersburg Suburbs
... centre of Saint Petersburg, between the isochrones of forty- and ninety-minute transport accessibility. Lying at a distance of approximately 60 km from the city centre, the two-hour travel time band marks the border of both the commuter zone and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration. A new settlement system is emerging within the suburban area of Saint Petersburg — the most economically, demographically, and socially vibrant territory of Russia’s North-West.
Degusarova V. S., Martynov V. L., Sazonova I. E. ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... 2014, Saint Petersburg.
15. The World According to GaWC 2012, 2012, available at: URL://www.lboro.ac.uk/gawc/world2012t.html (accessed 5.06.2015).
16.Kuznetsov S. V., Lachininsky, S. S. 2014, Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 79—92. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-7.
17. Zhabrev, А. А., Mezhevich, N. M. 2010, Geojekonomicheskoe polozhenie Sankt-Peterburga i Leningradskoj oblasti v konce XX — nachale XXI veka: ot periferijnoj bar'ernosti ...
Twin cities: a new form of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region?
3. Korneevets, V. S. 2010, Mezhdunarodnaja regionalizacija na Baltike [International regionalization in the Baltic Sea], Saint Petersburg.
4. Svetogorsk-Imatra: «dvojnoj gorod» [Svetogorsk-Imatra: «dual city»], Official internet site of the Leningrad ... ..., Berg, P. O. The Øresund Region Building. Copenhagen, Copenhagen Business School, p. 53—65.
17. Lundén, T. 2007, Border agglomerations in the Baltic area: obstacles and possibilities for local interactions, Geographica Helvetica, Vol. 62, no. 1, ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
..., during the post-Soviet period, coastalisation has become city-centred and regionally/locally selective with a focus on the agglomerations of the Baltic, Caspian, and partly Azov- Black Sea coasts. The multi-scale phenomena of ‘inverse coastalisation’ ... ... numerous factors and explores prospects of the further coastalisation of population in the Kaliningrad and Leningrad regions and Saint Petersburg. The author argues that against the background of increasing socioeconomic risks — particularly due to the change ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... and the private sector], Moscow.
8. Vetrenko, L. D. 2000, Upravlenie rabotoj morskogo porta [The operation of the seaport], Saint Petersburg, 264 p.
9. Vypiraylo, A. 2011, Prioritetnye napravlenija sovershenstvovanija gosudarstvenno-chastnogo partnerstva ... ... formirovanija i razvitija morskih portovyh aglomeracij [Organizational — economic bases
of formation and development of the sea port agglomerations], Vestnik tihookeanskogo
gosudarstvennogo jekonomicheskogo universiteta. Jekonomika i upravlenie [Bulletin of ...