On Russian/Nordic Investment Competition in the Baltic States
... Ambassador: Russian obstructed for Swedish companies], 2015, Agentstvo jekonomicheskoj informacii PRAJM [Business News Agency PRIME], available at: http://www.1prime.ru/state_regulation/20150306/804132680.html (accessed 07.03.2015).
Russian capital, the Baltic States, Nordic capital, investment, market development theory, energy, banking, real estate, the regional dimension, the investment climate, EU
Human capital of young public and political figures: A resource approach
This article analyses human capital of young public and political figures in modern Russian society. Based on the methodology of resource approach and the methods of modern statistics, the author identifies three groups of young public and political figures: political leaders, political activists, and social activists, which makes it ...
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
... International Relations], no. 7, p. 73—81.
6. Lanko, D. A. 2014, Russian-Estonian relations: a medium-term forecast, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 34—40. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-1-3.
7. Matsalu, E. 2014, Rossijskij kapital stuchitsja v Jestoniju [The Russian capital is knocking Estonia], Delovye Vedomosti [Business Bulletin], 26 June, available at: http://dv.ee/novosti/2014/06/26/rossijskij-kapital-stuchitsja-v-estoniju (accessed 01.11.2014).
8. Mezhevich, N. М. 2007, Rossijsko-jestonskaja granica: istorija ...
Kantian Ethical Humanism in Late Imperial Russia
...., 1961. Renaissance Thought: The Classic, Scholastic, and Humanist Strains. New York: Harper Torchbooks.
Kunitsyn, A. P., 1966. Pravo yestestvennoye [Natural Law]. In: I. Ia. Shchipanov, ed. 1966. Russkie Prosvetiteli ot Radishcheva do Decabristov [Russian Enlightenment from Radishchev to the Decembrists], Volume 2. Moscow: Mysl’, pp. 204-351. (In Russ.)
Marx, K., 1976. Capital. A Critique of Political Economy, Volume 1. Translated by B. Fowkes. London: Penguin Books.
Mezhuev, V. M., 1977. Kul’tura i istoriya [Culture and History]. Moscow: Politizdat. (In Russ.)
Nesmelov, V. I., 1971. Nauka o cheloveke: В 2 т. [Science ...
An Attempt to the economic and geographical analysis of the differentiation of the Russian Federation subjects on of the level and dynamics of the retail trade development
The level and dynamics of development of retail trade in the context of the subjects of the Russian Federation are highly differentiated. Differentiation is influenced both by the income level of the population and by other factors, since there is no functional dependence between per capita income and the volume of per capita retail trade. Even ...
The population of the Kaliningrad region and the digital economy: a sociological analysis
..., I. G., Goloshchapova, L. V., Ivashina, N. S., Shichiyakh, R. A., Petrova, L. I., Tkachev, B.P. 2020, The Paradigm of Human Capital Development Capable of Adapting Innovations in the Transition to a Digital Economy, International Journal of Civil Engineering ... ....14705/rpnet.2016.eurocall2016.549
29. Soldatova, G. U., Rasskazova, E. I. 2014, Psychological models of digital competence of Russian adolescents and parents, Natsional’nyi psikhologicheskii zhurnal [National psychological journal], no. 2 (14), p. 27—35 ...
The Welfare State (Social State) in the Russian Federation as a Constitutional Principle and its Practical Implementation
... authors of the article have made several suggestions regarding pragmatic realization of the constitutional principle of the Welfare State (Social State), and also regarding further modernization of the existing projects of social innovations in the Russian Federation.
Salenko Alexander, Navagina Tatiana
Welfare State, Social State, maternity (family) capital, Charge-Free Far Eastern Hectare, International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, Russia
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
... Vestnik Baltijskogo federal'nogo universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic federal University], no. 3, p. 143—151. (in Russ.)
4. On the Special Economic Zone in the Kaliningrad Region and on Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation: Federal law 16-FZ, dated 10 Jan. 2006 (as amended on 11.03.2016.), available at:
. (accessed 29.06.2016). (in Russ.)
5. About the state support of organizations that are making investments in the form of capital investment in the Kaliningrad region: law of the Kaliningrad region No. 171 dated 15 July 2002, available at
. (accessed 29.06.2016). (in Russ.)
6. The Government of the Kaliningrad region. Official portal, 2016, available ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... The Kaliningrad dilemma: a 'development corridor' or a 'double periphery'? The geopolitical factor of the development of the Russian exclave on the Baltic Sea, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 4—12. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2010-2-1.
24. Shastitko A. 2009, Competitiveness ... ... of Regions from an Evolutionary Perspective, Regional Studies, no. 38 (9), p. 1001—1014.
26. Capello, R. 2009, Territorial capital and regional development. In: Capello, R., Nijkamp, P. Handbook of Regional Growth and Development Theories, Cheltenham,...
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
... Mathematics and Statistics, no. 51, p. 272—280.
31. Anderson, H., Gyamfi, S., Stejskal, J. 2019, Efficiency of intellectual capital generation: a DEA analysis of selected EU regions. In: Mezinárodní kolokvium o regionálních vědách, Velké Bílovice,... ... development of the region in the context of digitalization (on the example of the Novgorod region), Voprosy innovacionnoj jekonomiki [Russian journal of innovation economics], vol. 9, no. 3, p. 865—874. doi:
. (In Russ....
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... knowledge of ecology and nature management.
1. Message of the Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on November 30, 2010, 2010, Rossijskaya gazeta, no. 271, 01.12. 2010. (In Russ.)
2. Alekseev, S. V., Aleksandrova,... ... Petersburg], St. Petersburg, Krismas+, 150 p. (In Russ.)
3. Animica, E. G., Sharygin, M. D. 2007, Higher education — the strategic capital of Russia, Vestnik Permskogo universiteta, no. 6, p. 46—54. (In Russ.)
4. Benavides, L. G., Arredodo, V. 1992, To a ...
Innovative development of Russian coastal regions: north–south divergence
... innovation systems of northern and southern coastal regions within the same country. The geographical scope of the study is four Russian coastal territories: Murmansk and Arkhangelsk in the Baltic Sea region and Rostov and Krasnodar in the Azov-Black Sea ... ... assessment of heterogeneity of innovative development at municipal and interregional levels, using four groups of indicators: human capital, economic growth and clustering, innovation and digitalisation, and quality and standards of living. All these components ...
Sustainable development of the city territorial capital: adaptive policy through the geography of knowledge
... part of the production process, it is more appropriate to consider the knowledge generation at the level of a city where the city is the most important urbanized scientific regional centre. This study aims to assess the territorial distribution of Russian cities by their ability to generate new scientific knowledge with the subsequent development of recommendations for managing their territorial capital as the basis of competitiveness. For Russia, the solution to this problem is most relevant in the view of a wide variety of cities and the impossibility and even danger of using unified approaches to their development. The large territory ...
Ports of Eastern Baltic and Russian transit policy: competition and cooperation
34. Williamson, O. E. 1985, Behavioral Assumptions. In: Williamson, O.E. (ed) The Economic Institutions of Capitalism. Firms, Markets, Relational Contracting, N.Y., The Free Press, p. 44—52.
35. Porter, M. E. 1985, The Competitive ... ... REGNUM, 07.01.2018, available at:
(accessed 20.04.2020) (in Russ.).
43. Goloviznin, A. 2018, Russian ports do not have enough capacity to take everything from the Baltic. Interview with Business Petersburg, Director of ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... Russian agricultural land in the twentieth century and postagrogenic revegetation and soil], Moscow, GEOS.
10. Makhrova, A. G., Golubchikov, O. Yu. 2012, Rossijskij gorod v uslovijah kapitalizma: social'naja transformacija vnutrigorodskogo prostranstva [Russian city in the conditions of capitalism: social transformation intra space], Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta, Ser. 5. Geography, no. 2, p. 26—31.
11. Mironenko, N. S., Sorokin, M. Yu. 2001, Faktory szhatija geograficheskogo prostranstva [Factors compression geographical space],...
The Baltics and Russian North-West: the Core and the Periphery in the 2000s
... remoteness from the center. The analysis shows that in the countries and regions studied, population concentrates in the capitals and capital areas, whereas the periphery loses population at a fast rate. The centripetal movement is especially pronounced with the ... ... chastjah subektov RF posle 1990 goda [Behavior of the сoncentration of the population in the central parts of the subjects of the Russian Federation since 1990]. In: Artobolevsky, S. S., Sintserov, L. M. (eds.), 2008, Transformacija rossijskogo prostranstva: ...
Correlation-regression analysis of bitcoin characteristics
... is devoted to the phenomenon of a money surrogate, introduced in the form of a bitcoin, a popular cryptocurrency. The purpose of the research is to study the influence of the price-per-unit value of the cryptocurrency on the indicator of the market capitalization of the bitcoin cryptocurrency through correlation-regression analysis. As a result of the research, the author becomes the first to prove the direct dependence of the mentioned indicators, namely, a strong relationship between the price ...
Russian Population Ethnic Structure: Trends and Transformations
... of growing complexity of the ethnic identity structures and the processes of modernization, which occur at different rates in Russian and national regions. Based on the 2010 census data, the article analyses the differences in polyethnicity between the ... ... Vendnina, O. I. 2005, Migranty v Moskve: grozit li stolice jetnicheskaja segregacija? [Migrants in Moscow: whether threatens the capital of ethnic segregation?], Moscow.
4. Karr, E. 1990, Istorija Sovetskoj Rossii: bol'shevistskaja revoljucija 1917—1923 ...
International agreements on investment relations with Russian participation
This article analyses international investment contracts with Russian participation. The author considers universal and regional contracts and bi-lateral agreements on the encouragement and mutual protection of capital in-vestments. The main guarantees provided to both Russian investors abroad and to foreign investors in the Russian Federation are identified.
1. Инвестиционное законодательство : сборник нормативных актов / сост. Ю. В. Лазарева. М.,...
Kant as the German Theorist of the French Revolution: the Origin of a Dogma
Razumny, V. A., 2008. The Reality of the Fantastic. Vestnik Rossijskogo filosofskogo obshchestva [Bulletin of the Russian Philosophical Society], 2, pp. 217-220. (In Rus.)
Rosenkranz, K., 1840. Geschichte der Kant’schen Philosophie. In: I.... ...
Shulyatikov, V. M., 1908. Opravdanie kapitalizma v zapadnoevropejskoj filosofii (ot Dekarta do Je. Maha) [The Justification of Capitalism in Western European Philosophy (from Descartes to E. Mach)]. Moscow: Moskovskoe knigoizdatelʼstvo. (In Rus.)
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... specialization of interregional relations which are characteristic of the border regions of the Northwestern Federal District of the Russian Federation. The article offers cross-border specialization indices for each border region of the Northwestern Federal ... ... cross-border specialization, and in particular foreign investment and business activities with the participation of foreign capital.
1. Alaev, E. B. 1983, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija. Ponjatijno-terminologicheskij slovar' [Social and economic ...
On the historical context of innovative development in Russia
... the modernisation idea in Russia. The relevance of this work lies in theidentification of the features of the transition of Russian society into a new phase, which reflects the trends of global innovative processes.
1. Golubovich, А. D., Idrisov, А.... ... New World Order], Polis, no. 2, p. 10—31.
5. Bashkatova, А. 2011, Ottok kapitala i utechka mozgov — vmesto razvitija [Capital flight and brain drain — instead of development], Nezavisimaja gazeta [Independent newspaper], 9 June.
Migration of researchers in the Baltic region: a forecast and factors
The importance of this research relates to the need for increasing the human capital of Russian science and for assisting the spatial development of the country, particularly, its border areas. This study tests several hypotheses. The first one holds that the outflow of researchers will reduce over the next few years. Others concern factors ...
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... the basis of the methodological structure of the so-called Stanford model developed by G. Almond and P. Bourdieu's theory of capital. This article reconstructs the course of political changes in the Republic of Lithuania at the initial stage of its independence,... ... dependence of today's policies of the Baltic States on the key choices made by the authorities at the turn of 1980s—1990s. Today, Russian political science lacks concrete regional studies into the issues of changes of elites in the context of research on the ...
Coastal and western border centers in the system of large cities of modern Russia: socio-economic and innovation development.
The article reflects the results of a study of large Russian cities (with a population of more than 100 thousand people, as well as smaller cities with the status of regional capitals), emphasizing two strategically important groups: coastal centers and cities of the Western borderlands of Russia. Having applied economic-statistical analysis for 6 indicators (average salaries and per capita measures of the number of organizations ...
Structural Changes in the Economy of the Russian Northwest: Spatial Dimension
This paper identifies and explains the trends in the economic transformations in the Russian Northwest (NWFD). It studies the changes in the structure of the gross regional product (GRP) and economic specialization of the NWFD regions. The authors suggest approaches to managing structural changes in the economies of the NWFD regions. ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... sovmestimosti gipotezy Filipsa s rossijskim rynkom truda [Theoretical aspects of compatibility hypothesis Phillips with the Russian labor market], Izvestija Irkutskoj gosudarstvennoj jekonomicheskoj akademii [Proceedings of the Irkutsk State Academy ... ... О. 1996, Jekonomicheskie instituty kapitalizma. Firmy, rynki, «otnoshencheskaja» kontraktacija [Economic Institutions of Capitalism. Firms, Markets, "relational" contracting], Saint Petersburg.
30. Shastitko, А. Е. 2010, Novaja institucional'naja ...
Employment in the Kaliningrad region in comparison with the nearest regions of Russia and with the average Russian level
... российско-белорусского пограничья / под ред. А. П. Катровского, Ю. П. Ковалева. Смоленск, 2017.
Gumenyuk L. G., Sibireva N. I., Fedorov D. G.
the Kaliningrad region, the Pskov region, the Smolensk Region, the Russian Federation, employment, unemployment, value added, human capital
Geography of knowledge: clustering national competence centres of Russia
While transiting to an innovation economy, cities are the most important centres of concentration of intellectual capital. However, their distribution around the territory of the country is not even. Various Russian cities also demonstrate significant differences between the systems of new scientific knowledge reproduction. The article focuses on the mesoscale study of spatial patterns in concentration of national centres of competence. The scientific centres ...
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
... (accessed 20.10.2015).
14. Rosstat Rostovskoj oblasti RF [The Federal State Statistics Service of the Rostov region of the Russian Federation], 2016, available at: http://rostov.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_ts/rostov/resources/56d86200483036ea845ea4ed3bc4492f/Ин.... ... О. 1996, Jekonomicheskie instituty kapitalizma. Firmy, rynki, «otnoshencheskaja kontraktacija» [Economic Institutions of Capitalism. Firms, Markets, "relational contracting"], St. Petersburg, 702 p.
18. Ulyukayev, А. V. V 4 monogorodah ...
The role of trade and economic factors in English-Russian relations of the second half the of the 19th/beginning of the 20th century
... упадка ввоза русской пшеницы в Англию и о средствах к поднятию русского экспорта в эту страну. СПб., 1903.
Sergeev V. V.
English-Russian relations, trade and economic ties, capital investment, second half of the 19th/beginning of the 20th century.
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
... worthwhile. Apart from the measures aimed at strengthening the region’s economic base, it is necessary to increase the symbolic capital of Kaliningrad to achieve harmonious development of Kaliningrad identity.
1. Baltijskij uzel [Baltic node], 2001, Nezavisimaya ... ....2014).
9. Drobizheva, L. М. 2012, Rossijskaja identichnost' i soglasie v mezhjetnicheskih otnoshenijah: opyt 20 let reform [Russian identity and harmony in interethnic relations: experience of 20 years of reform], Vestnik Rossijskoj nacii [Bulletin of ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... Ye. G., Sharygin, M. D. 2007, Vysshee obrazovanie — strategicheskij kapital Rossii [Higher Education — Russia strategic capital], Vestnik Permskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Perm University], no. 6, pp. 46—54.
2. Benavides, L. G., Arredodo,... ... Ginsburg, А. I., Sheremet, N. А. 2011, Kompleksnyj sputnikovyj monitoring morej Rossii [Complex satellite monitoring of the Russian seas], Moscow, IKI RAN, 480 p.
14. Levitin, А. V. 2006, Algoritmy. Vvedenie v razrabotku i analiz [Algorithms. Introduction ...
The territorial structure of productive forces of Russian North-West in the 2000—2010s
... 2007], 2007, Moscow, Federal State Statistics.
7. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli. 2010 [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators. 2010], 2010, Moscow, Federal State Statistics.
8. Rossijskij statisticheskij ezhegodnik 2010 [Russian Statistical Yearbook 2010], 2011, Moscow, Federal State Statistics.
Martynov Vasily, Sazonova Irina
North-West, productive forces, regional development, fixed capital assets, investments, income, standard of living
Socially efficient entry barriers?
Stagnation of the Russian economy lends a new urgency to the question of whether reserves of competition incentives can be used to overcome the ... ...
(accessed 03.07.2016). (In Russ.)
7. Williamson, O. 1996, Ekonomicheskiye instituty kapitalisma [The Economic Institutions of Capitalism]. (In Russ.)
8. Shabalov, I., Shastitko, A., Golovanova, S. 2016. Raspredelenie riskov v infrastrukturnyh proektah ...
On the competence approach to the development of “Psychology of health” master’s programme at IKBFU
... профессиональном образовании // Educational Technology & Society. 2007. Vol. 10, № 3. URL:
http://ifets.ieee.org/russian/depository/v10_i3/pdf/3_Ibragimov.pdf (дата обращения: 30.08.2012).
2. Концепция развития ... ... Alimpieva A. V. Formation of self-preserving behaviour in the educational system as a contribution in the development of human capital // The role of human capital in the development of the countres and regions of central and eastern
Europe. Torun, 2010....
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... Kuznetsova, T. Yu. 2019, The coastal microdistricts of the Baltic region: the spatial aspects of development, Ekonomika regiona [Economy of Region], no. 15 (1), p. 137—150. doi 10.17059/2019-1-11 (In Russ.)
5. Druzhinin, A. G. 2020, The strongholds of Russian coastal borderlands: economic dynamics amid geopolitical turbulence. Balt. Reg. 2020. vol. 12, no. 3, p. 89—104. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2020-3-6.
6. Palmowski, T., Tarkowski, M. 2018, Baltic Cooperation in Marine Spatial Planning, Balt. Reg....
Comparative analysis of students’ collective consciousness in the Russia-EU and Russia-China border regions: mathematical modelling
... attention. It is the collective consciousness that shapes human activity, the results of which largely determine the development of countries and their regions. The authors study the spiritual sphere of regions, the inner world of people, who are human capital. This study is particularly important in relation to Russian youth, who have become one of the most active social groups. The public demand for the analysis of collective consciousness has been constantly growing. The authors argue that there are regional differences in collective consciousness, which are ...
Kant and the Problem of Revolution. A Report of the International Conference (Kaliningrad, 9—10 November 2017)
... Higher School of Economics], vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 113—122. (In Russ.)
Marx, K. 1981, Das philosophische Manifest der historischen Rechtsschule, in: Marx, K., Engels, F., Werke, Bd. 1, Berlin, pp. 78—85.
Weizsäcker, E. U. v., Wijkman, A. 2018, Come On! Capitalism, Short-termism, Population and the Destruction of the Planet. A Report to the Club of Rome, New York.
Kant, theory of revolution, Russian Revolution, concept of the state, right of sedition, relation of morality and politics, problem of freedom
L. Yu. Kornilaev
Competitive effects of low trade barriers: evaluations for the Kaliningrad region
International trade is an important factor affecting competition in domestic markets. Considering the vastness of Russian territory, one can expect the pro-competitive effect to vary from region to region. This analysis tests the hypothesis that the unique geographical position and economic status of the Kaliningrad region contribute to the rapid development of international ...
Interdiscursivity as a linguocreative appropriation of discourses: the avant-garde and Andrey Tarkovsky
... chelovek [Philology and Human], 2, pp. 57—70 (in Russ.).
Likhachev, D. S., 1979. Poetika drevnerusskoi literatury [Poetics of Old Russian Literature]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Lipovetskii, M., 2008. Modernism and the avant-garde: kinship and difference. Filologicheskii ... ... University], 15, pp. 95—104 (in Russ.).
Pêcheux, M., 1982. Language, semantics, and ideology. New York.
Pêcheux, M., 1999. Capital truths. Linguistics, semantics, philosophy. In: P. Sériot, ed. Kvadratura smysla. Frantsuzskaya shkola analiza diskursa ...
Kant and His Heritage in Belarusian Philosophy of the Soviet and Post-Soviet Periods
... Kant]: Proceedings of the International Seminar and International Conference: In 2 Parts. Part 1. Kaliningrad: Immanuel Kant Russian State University Press, pp. 87-98. (In Rus.)
Volfson, S. Y., 1923. Dialekticheskij materialism. Kurs lekcij [Dialectical ... .... (In Rus.)
Volfson, S. Y., 1935. Kul’tura i ideologiya zagnivayushchego kapitalizma [Culture and the Ideology of Decaying Capitalism]. Parts 1-2. Moscow and Leningrad: OGIZ. (In Rus.)
, Т. G.,
The later works of Boris Porshnev in foreign historiography
22. Garritano G. Borìs Fëdorovič Poršnev, O načale čelovečeskoj istorii, Mosca, “Mysl”, 1974 // Studi Storici. 1975. Anno 16, № 2. Р. 564.
23. Heer N. W. The Non-Bolshevik Left and the Idea of Political Opposition // Windows on the Russian past. Essays on Soviet historiography since Stalin / ed. by S. H. Baron and N. W. Heer. Columbus, 1977. P. 157—170.
24. Heitz G. Der Zusammenhang zwischen den Bauernbewegungen und der Entwicklung des Absolutismus in Mitteleuropa // Zeitschrift ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
Reinvigorating Russia’s development strategy requires a comparison between the social development of the Russian Federation and other Baltic region states, some of which are world leaders in terms of living standards. The most popular tools for country comparison are composite indices that take into account various components affecting the quality of life....
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... the implementation of the study «The Baltic Sea Region in the focus of development strategies of the European Union and the Russian Federation », 2012, Center for Cross-Border and Interregional Cooperation of the Higher School of Economics, St. Petersburg,... ....04.2016). (In Russ.)
15. Musterd, S., Marcińczak, S., van Ham, M., Tammaru, T. 2016, Socioeconomic segregation in European capital cities. Increasing separation between poor and rich, Urban Geography, p. 1—22. DOI: 10.1080/02723638.2016.1228371.
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
..., Material'naya tsivilizatsiya, ekonomika i kapitalizm, XV—XVIII vv. T. 2. Igry obmena [Material civilization, economy and capitalism, XV—XVIII centuries. T. 2. Exchange games.], Moscow, 672 p. (In Russ.)
10. Mahan, A. T. 1890, The Influence of Sea ... ... 23, p. 421—37.
12. Savitskiy, P. N. 1997, Kontinent-Okean (Rossiya i mirovoy rynok). Kontinent-Evraziya [Continent-Ocean (Russian and world market). Eurasia Continent], Moscow, p. 398—418.
13. Cowen, D. 2009,Neil Smith after Geopolitics? From the ...
Territorial differences in the innovative development of Sweden, Finland, and the North-western federal district of the Russian Federation
... considers the innovative component of the economies of Sweden, Finland, and the Noreth-western federal district (NWFD) of the Russian Federation. The authors present the results of a comparative analysis of research and technological potential of the regions ... ... innovative processes in the NEFD, Sweden, and Finland (which corresponds to the centreperiphery model).
1. Kapital strany [Capital of the country], available at: http://kapital-rus.ru/articles/article/180465 (accessed 24 May 2012).
2. Regiony Rossii....
An Assessment of the Economic Performance of the EU Baltic Region States
... developed (Germany, Denmark, Finland, and Sweden) and Eastern European countries (Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia) during the integration of the latter states into the EU. Performance dynamics is analyzed for eight EU Baltic Sea Region countries. Three Russian Baltic regions constitute a control group. The authors conduct a production-function-based comparative analysis of development dynamics in individual countries to identify distinctive features for each group. Despite a rapid growth of Eastern ...
The Anglo-Saxon traditions in the educational system: educa-tion as a commercial enterprise
Since the 1990s, especially after Russia joined the Bologna Process in 2003, Russian education has been adopting the key features of the US educational system, having acknowledged its greater efficiency in comparison to the Soviet one. Russian reformers, however, often overlook the substantial socio-cultural differences between ...
From the History of the Kokand branch of the Volga-Kama Commercial Bank
... tool of ‘colonialism’ – both Western and Russian. Using archival data, I prove that the financial institutions of the Russian Empire took into account local circumstances and encouraged exportoriented production. I examine interbank correspondence,... ... гг. XIX в. — 1917 г.). Душанбе, 1990.
Alimjanov B. A.
Kokand, Volga-Kama Commercial Bank, Turkestan, empire, capitalism, modernization