Pechora scrolls: St. Augustine’s miracle of the revelation of the Elder
... no. 4, pp. 108—163.
Malyshev, V. I., 1940. Svedeniya o sobraniyakh rukopisey i staropechatnykh knig v nekotorykh gorodakh severnykh oblastey [Information about the collections of manuscripts and early printed books in some cities of the northern regions]. Trudy otdela drevnerusskoy literatury [Proceedings of the Department of Old Russian Literature]. Moscow, Leningrad. Vol. 4, pp. 247—253 (in Russ).
Malyshev, V. I., 1955. Arkheograficheskaya ekspeditsiya v Ust-Tsilmskiy rayon Komi ASSR [Archaeographic expedition to the Ust-Tsilmsky district of the Komi ASSR]. Trudy otdela drevnerusskoy literatury [Proceedings ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... razvitii [Continental-oceanic dichotomy in international and regional development], Novosibirsk, 369 p. (In Russ.)
3. Druzhinin A. G., Lachininsky S. S., Krasnov A. I., Sorokin I. S., 2016, Polarization of the settlement system in the coastal zone of the Leningrad Region in 1989—2015, Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedenii. Severo-Kavkazskii region. Seriya: estestvennye nauki [News of higher educational institutions. North-Caucasian region. Series: natural sciences], no. 3 (191), p. 58—65. (In Russ.)
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... «Primorskiy faktor» v sotsial'noekonomicheskom razvitii territorii (na materialakh Kingiseppskogo rayona Leningradskoy oblasti) ["Seaside factor" in social and economic development of the territory (on materials of the Kingisepp district of Leningrad region)], Yantarnyy most. Zhurnal regional'nykh issledovaniy [Amber bridge. Regional Studies Journal], no. 3, p. 22—41.
48. Druzhinin, A. G. 2008, Yug Rossii: integratsionnye prioritety v prostranstve Bol'shogo Prichernomor'ya [Southern Russia: integration ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... phenomena of ‘inverse coastalisation’ and ‘quasicoastalisation’ are analysed and relevant cases are considered. The author identifies numerous factors and explores prospects of the further coastalisation of population in the Kaliningrad and Leningrad regions and Saint Petersburg. The author argues that against the background of increasing socioeconomic risks — particularly due to the change in Russia’s geostrategic priorities — the coastal zones remain crucial to the new configuration of the ...
The Evolution of Settlement Areas of Ingrian Finns in Northwest Russia in the Second Half of the 20th Century
... Census 2010], 2013, Vol. 5. Petrozavodsk, 233 p.
12. Nacional'nyj sostav i vladenie jazykami, grazhdanstvo naselenija Leningradskoj oblasti: Itogi Vserossijskoj perepisi naselenija 2002 goda [National structure and language skills, citizenship of the Leningrad Region: Results of the National Population Census 2002], 2007, Vol. 7, St. Petersburg, 197 p.
13. Nacional'nyj sostav i vladenie jazykami, grazhdanstvo naselenija Leningradskoj oblasti: Itogi Vserossijskoj perepisi naselenija 2010 goda [National structure ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
In this article, I consider individual aspects of the economic security of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region amid the geo-economic uncertainty observed since 2014. The object of the study is the economic and technological sustainability of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region given geo-economic risks and growing challenges to economic security. To ...
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Leningradskoj oblasti na period do 2013 goda i strategicheskoj perspektivy do 2025 goda (v stadii razrabotki, Postanovlenie Pravitel'stva Leningradskoj oblasti ot12.12.2008 goda № 394) [Socio-economic development of the Leningrad region for the period up to 2013 and the strategic vision to 2025 (under development, the Governmental ot 12.12.2008 Leningrad region, № 394)].
17. Oblastnaja dolgosrochnaja celevaja programma «Podderzhka realizacii programm prigranichnogo i mezhdunarodnogo ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
.... 1, p. 29—35. (In Russ.)
21. Pokshishevsky, V., Fedorov, G. 1988, The fundamentals of population geography and settlement within the World Ocean, Geografiya okeana: teoriya, praktika, problemy [Geography of the ocean: theory, practice, problems], Leningrad, p. 148—161. (In Russ.)
22. Regions of Russia. 2016, 2016, Moscow. (In Russ.)
23. Slevich, S. B. 1988, Okean, resursy i khozyaistvo [Ocean, resources and economy], Leningrad. (In Russ.)
24. Druzhinin, A. G. (ed.) 2016, Sotsial'no-ekonomicheskoe razvitie primorskikh regionov Evropeiskoi ...
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... a modern interpretation of the concept of ‘geoeconomic situation’ as applied to one of the most important centers of the Baltic region — the St. Petersburg agglomeration. The coastal location of the agglomeration and close connections with the Leningrad region make it possible to consider the Saint Petersburg coastal region (Baltic Area) as a whole. The article sets out not only to verify, confirm, and explain the features of the geoeconomic position of the coastal region, but also to describe the contiguous ...
The new locations of rare vascular plant species in the conservation areas of the “Vepsian forest” nature park and their immediate vicinity (the Tikhvin district of the Leningrad region)
This article offer information about the locations of rare vascular plant species in the eastern part of the Leningrad region (the Tikhvin district) on the territory of the "Aschozersky", Urya-Kanzhaya", and "Carboniferous Outliers" conservation areas of the "Vepsian Forest" nature park and their immediate vicinity. Isoëtes echinospora ...
Current Issues in the Geodemographic Studies in Russia
... Agafonov, N. T. 1970, O tipah demograficheskoj obstanovki v rajonah SSSR [The types of demographic situation in the regions of the USSR], Materialy V Sezda Geograficheskogo obshhestva SSSR [Proceedings of the V Congress of the USSR Geographical Society], Leningrad, p. 31—32.
2. Agafonov, N. T. 1982, Regional'naja jekonomiko-demograficheskaja obstanovka: Osnovnye polozhenija koncepcii [Regional economic and demographic situation: the basic concepts]. In: Social'naja geografija Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Social geography of the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad,...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
39. The territorial body of the Federal State Statistics Service of the Republic of Karelia, available at: http://krl.gks.ru (accessed 11.02.2015).
40. The territorial body of the Federal State Statistics Service of the city of St. Petersburg and Leningrad region, available at: http://petrostat.gks.ru (accessed 11.02.2015).
41. The territorial body of the Federal State Statistics Service of the Pskov region, available at: http//pskovstat.gks.ru (accessed 11.02.2015).
42. The territorial body of the Federal ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... (accessed 01.03.2014).
21. Makhnovskii, D. Е. 2006, Rajonirovanie jekologo-jekonomicheskih processov v Sankt-Peterburge, Leningradskoj oblasti i na Severo-Zapade Rossii v uslovijah globalizacii [Zoning ecological and economic processes in St. Petersburg, Leningrad Region and the North-West of Russia in the context of globalization], Regional'naja jekologija [Regional ecology], no. 3—4 (27).
22. Mikhailov, S. V. 1957, Jekonomiko-geograficheskoe polozhenie morej SSSR [Economic and geographical situation of the ...
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
... tematiki kak obekt bibliograficheskoj dejatel'nosti [Documentary stream social dimension as the object of the bibliographic], Leningrad.
7. Gordukalova, G. F. 1991, Sohranim li professional'noe soobshestvo? [To maintain the professional community?] Sovet,... ... thesis], Saint Petersburg.
10. Klemeshev, A. P. 2011, A comparative assessment of the innovation potential of the Baltic Sea region countries, Baltic Region, no. 2 (8), p. 43—48. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-5, available at: http://journals. kantiana....
Structural and Functional Characteristics of the Spatial Development of Rural and Urban Areas in the Northwestern Economic District
... i investicionnoj politike [State Committee of the Pskov region on economic development and investment policy], available at: http://economics.pskov.ru/ (accessed 24.01.2014).
4. Investicionnyj portal Leningradskoj oblasti [Investment portal of the Leningrad Region], available at: http://lenoblinvest.ru/ (accessed 24.01.2014).
5. Investicionnyj portal Novgorodskoj oblasti [Investment portal of the Novgorod region], available at: http://econominv.novreg.ru/ (accessed 24.01.2014).
6. Koncepcija dolgosrochnogo ...
The Baltic Finnish Peoples Divided by State and Administrative Borders: Territorial Development of the Karelians, Vepsians, and Setos
... territorial and demographic development of small ethnic groups. The article analyses the case of three Baltic Finnish peoples living in the Russian North-West and divided by borders of different levels: Karelians (Finland, the Republic of Karelia, and the Leningrad and Tver regions), Vepsians (the Republic of Karelia and the Leningrad and Vologda regions), and Setos (Estonia and the Pskov region). The analysis is based on the cartographic and statistical demographic data, as well as the results of a complex expedition made ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
.... Zhabrev, А. А., Mezhevich, N. M. 2010, Geojekonomicheskoe polozhenie Sankt-Peterburga i Leningradskoj oblasti v konce XX — nachale XXI veka: ot periferijnoj bar'ernosti k subcentral'noj kontaktnosti [Geo-economic position of St. Petersburg and Leningrad region at the end of XX — beginning of XXI century: fr om the periphery to the barrier subtsentralnoy sociability], Vestnik Rossijskoj akademii estestvennyh nauk [Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences], Saint Petersburg, no 4, p. 40—42....
Opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region
... landshafty transgranichnyh territorij (na primere Karel'skogo pereshejka). In: D'jakonov, K. N. Landshaftovedenie: teorija,metody, regional'nye issledovanija, praktika: materialy XI mezhdunar. landshaftnoj konf. Moskow, pp. 725—726.
9. Levchenkov, A. V. ... .... A. 2006. Territorial'naja organizacija naselenija. Moskow.
19. Semenov-Tjan-Shanskij, V. P. 1928. Rajon i strana. Moskow; Leningrad.
20. Chistjakov, E. G. 2007. Territorial'naja organizacija naselenija. Moskow.
21. Fedorov, G. M., Zverev, Ju. M. ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... Gidrometeoizdat, 354 p.
10. Ivanov, V. A., Pokazeev, K. V., Sovga, Ye. Ye. 2006, Zagrjaznenie Mirovogo okeana [Pollution of the oceans], Moscow, Maks Press, 163 p.
11. Klemeshev, A. P., Federov, G. М. 1998, Obrazovanie i regional'noe razvitie [Education and regional development], Kaliningrad, 117 p.
12. Coplan-Dix, I. S. 1968, Osnovy statisticheskoj obrabotki i kartirovanija okeanograficheskih dannyh [Fundamentals of statistical analysis and mapping of oceanographic data], Leningrad, Gidrometeoizdat, 129 p.
13. Lavrova, О. Yu., Kostjanoj, А. G., Lebedev, S. А., Mityagina, M. I., Ginsburg, А. I., Sheremet, N. А. 2011, Kompleksnyj sputnikovyj monitoring morej Rossii [Complex satellite monitoring of the Russian seas],...
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... innovacii [Strategy for development of border regions: tradition and innovation], Kursk, p. 230—235.
8. Koncepciya socialno-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya Leningradskoy oblasti na period do 2025 goda [The concept of the socio-economic development of the Leningrad region to 2025], 2013.
9. Kropinova, Ye. G., Zaitseva, N. A. 2015, Razrabotka scenariev razvitiya turizma v Kaliningradskoi oblasti do 2030 goda [Development scenarios for the development of tourism in the Kaliningrad region until 2030], Regionalnye issledovania ...
Twin cities: a new form of cross-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region?
3. Korneevets, V. S. 2010, Mezhdunarodnaja regionalizacija na Baltike [International regionalization in the Baltic Sea], Saint Petersburg.
4. Svetogorsk-Imatra: «dvojnoj gorod» [Svetogorsk-Imatra: «dual city»], Official internet site of the Leningrad Region, available at: http://www. lenobl.ru/gov/municipal/svetogorsk/double (accessed 10 July 2011).
5. Self, P. Goroda vyhodjat iz svoih granic [City out of its borders], 1962, Moscow.
6. Sergunin, A. A. 2003, Vneshnie faktory rossijskoj regionalizacii ...
The effect of railway network evolution on the Kaliningrad region’s landscape environment
..., Stepen' transformacii landshaftov [The degree of transformation of landscapes]. In: Orlenok, V., Fedorov, G. Kaliningradskaja oblast'. Atlas [Kaliningrad region. Atlas], Kaliningrad, p. 28-29.
25. Semenov-Tyan-Shansky, V. P. 1928, Rajon i strana [Regions and countries], Moscow – Leningrad.
26. Skopin, А.Yu. 2001, Vvedenie v jekonomicheskuju geografiju [Introduction to economic geography], Moscow.
27. Skopin, А.Yu., Hagget, P. 2005, Obshhaja geografija: global'nyj sintez [General Geography: Global Synthesis], Pearson Education....
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... formation of such territorially localised innovative networks, as the Helsinki — Saint Petersburg — Tallinn and Tricity (Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot) — Kaliningrad — Klaipeda transborder innovative clusters. The city of Saint Petersburg and the adjacent Leningrad region, as well as the Kaliningrad region can become innovative development corridors between Russia and the EU and, eventually, develop into the ‘economic growth poles’ of the Russian Federation.
1. Baranova, Yu. V. 2012, O mezhdunarodnom sotrudnichestve ...
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... Vzaimodejstvie gorodskih i sel'skih mestnostej v regional'nom razvitii [«Saratov» 2005
Interaction of urban and rural areas in regional development], Moscow, p. 4—23.
14. Patsiorkovsky, V. V. 2010, Sel'sko-gorodskaja Rossija [Rural-urban Russia], Moscow,... ... Geodemograficheskaja obstanovka: teorija i metodicheskie osnovy [Geo-demographic situation: theory and methodological foundations], Leningrad, 112 p.
16. Fedorov, G. M. 1985, Geodemograficheskaja tipologija [Geodemographic typology], Leningrad, 152 с.
Cultural and landscape zoning in the North- West Russia
... research was conducted in the framework of cultural geography — a relatively recent field of geography. This article considers the problems of geographical study of cultural landscapes of the North-West Russia, which includes Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad, Novgorod, Pskov, and Kaliningrad regions. This article sets out to develop and test the methodology for historical and cultural zoning at the mesogeographical level. The research and practical significance of the work lies in the identification of the features of formation of cultural ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... istoricheskikh territorii [Problems of the origin and development of unique historical territories], Moscow. (in Russ.)
6. Lappo, G. M. (ed.) 1994, Goroda Rossii [Towns of Russia], encyclopedia, Moscow. (in Russ.)
7. Darinsky, A. V. 1979, Leningradskaya oblast' [Leningrad Region], 2nd ed., Leningrad. (in Russ.)
8. Istoricheskaya geografiya Rossii XVIII veka [Historical geography of Russia of the XVIII century], 1981, Part 1. Goroda, promyshlennost', torgovlya [Cities, industry, trade], Moscow. (in Russ.)
9. Historical ...
Innovation performance of Russia’s Northwestern regions: a comparative evaluation
... advancements. Juxtaposing composite resource availability indices and innovation performance aided in devising a typology of regions and analysing changes in the position in a composite evaluation matrix. The findings demonstrate that Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad region comfortably outperform the other northwestern regions in innovation. Regression and correlation analysis reveals that innovation performance depends crucially on earlier achievements and currently available resources. The Novgorod region, however,...
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... existing differences between the rural and urban population in the provision of banking, public, information and communication services as the basis for activating the innovation process. The study is carried out on urban and rural municipalities of the Leningrad region. Special attention is paid to the spatial factor in concentration of service renders. It is revealed that there is a significant gap in innovation susceptibility both between urban and rural settlements, and within rural settlements, depending ...
Spatial structure and development of settlements in the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... bezopasnosti regionov zapadnogo porubezh’ya Rossii [Problems of economic security of the regions of the western border of Russia], Kaliningrad, 267 p. (in Russ.).
2. Lachininskii, S.S. 2018, Some aspects of economic security of Saint- Petersburg and the Leningrad region under conditions of geoeconomic uncertaint, Balt. Reg., vol. 10, no. 3, p. 136—149. doi:
3. Voroshilov, N.V. 2017, Opportunities and prospects for self-development of municipalities, Problemy razvitiya ...
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
In this paper, we look at the interregional cooperation in adjacent areas. Specifically, we focus our attention on the cluster of regions formed by the city of St. Petersburg, the Leningrad region and the Republic of Karelia. All three areas face a number of challenges when it comes to international trade: challenges that are shared and that require strategic coordinated solutions from regional decisionmakers. One of such solutions, for ...
Institutional approach to assessing the transition to a circular economy: the case of the Kaliningrad region
... Zhilishchnoe khozyaistvo i kommunal’naya infrastruktura [Housing and utilities infrastructure], no. 1, p. 96—108 (in Rus.).
17. Alksnis, E. D. 2019, Improvement of state policy in the field of disposal of solid household (municipal) waste in the Leningrad region, Vestnik sovremennykh issledovanii [Bulletin of Contemporary Research], vol.3, no. 6, p. 16—24 (in Rus.).
18. Reichenbach, J. 2008, Status and prospects of pay-as-you-throw in Europe-A review of pilot research and implementation studies, Waste ...
Crimea in the legacy of B. D. Grekov, fellow of the Academy of Sciences
... others were hard and lean. This article presents archive materials and other publications to analyse the stages and episodes of the scholar’s life and oeuvre in Crimea.
1. Office of the Federal Security Service of Russia for St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region, Arсhive №P 49829. T. 1: Po obvineniyu Vvedenskogo A. A. i drugikh [Vol. 1: On charges of Vvedensky A. A. and others].
2. Bukhert, V. G., 1994. Letters from B. D. Grekov to S. D. Sheremetev. Otechestvennye arkhivy [Native archives], 3.
An assessment of the potential impact of the construction of a deepwater seaport on the hydrological regime of the Vistula lagoon
... which could lead to the flooding of the territories adjoining the mouth of the Pregolya river, increase in salinity, extinction of hydrobionts, and destruction of the ecological systems.
1. Volcinger, V. E. Pjaskovskij, R. V. 1977. Teorija melkoj vody. Leningrad.
2. Velander, P. 1964. Chislennoe predskazanie shtormovyh nagonov. Leningrad,pp. 10—46.
3. Sergeeva, L. G. 2005. Povyshenie urovennoj poverhnosti morja i temperatury vozduha v jugo-vostochnoj chasti Baltijskogo morja kak projavlenie global'nyh ...
The Estonian diaspora in South-West Russia in the 1920—30s: migration results
This article analyses the spatial features of the settling of Russian Estonians in the Northwest region at the “zenith” of diaspora on the basis of 1920, 1926, and 1939 censuses. The author identifies the principal settling ... ... preconditions for the rapid decline of the diaspora.
1. Administrativno-territorial'noe ustrojstvo Leningradskoj oblasti. 1933. Leningrad.
2. Bjulleten' Leningradskogo oblastnogo otdela statistiki. 1928. № 20. Aprel'-ijun'.
3. Vsesojuznaja perepis' naselenija ...
Population Change in the Neighbouring Regions of Russia and the European Union States
... regions and cities. The most adverse demographic situation is observed in the borderlands of the Baltics, a slightly better one in Poland and Finland. As to Russia’s border regions, a population increase is characteristic of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad and Kaliningrad regions. Yet, a number of cities in the immediate vicinity of the border face a population decline. The demographic situation could be improved by more active transboundary collaborations and by the border serving increasingly as a contact area rather ...
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... and Their Role in Increasing the Efficiency of International Business Activities, Balt. Reg., Vol. 6, no. 3, p. 45—57. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2014-3-4.
11. Bazhenov, Yu. N., Podshuveit, O. V. 2012, Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development, Balt. Reg., Vol. 4, no. 1, p. 52—59. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-6.
12. Baransky, N. N. 1980, Nauchnye printsipy geografii [Scientific principles of geography], Part ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... border area], available at: http://www. finrusinno. ru/kuvat/Tmoipa/lpr%20inno%20esite_rus_esite_web.pdf (accessed 10 September 2012).
6. Final cluster analysis. Identification of cross-border economic clusters in transborder region of St. petersburg, Leningrad region and Ida-Virumaa, 2008, Narva Business Advisory Services Foundation, St. Petersburg Information and Analytical Center, Synergy International Ltd, available at: http://rus. kohtla-jarve. ee/ uploads/ documents/valissuhted/projektid/2/cd/en/final....
The ethnic aspects of demographic processes in the Baltic region states
This article focuses on the problems pertaining to the regionalisation of geo-demographic situation in the Baltic region. Particular attention is paid to the influence of ethnic factors on the parameters and trends of demographic processes. The author comes to a conclusion about the achievement of demographic homeostasis in most ethnos-nations in the Baltic region....
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... zone of the European part of Russia. The authors hold that transboundary clustering takes priority in the Baltic coastal region — nine of the 56 clusters identified are located in the Kaliningrad region and another eight in Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad region. The authors describe major catalysts and immanent inhibitors in coastal zones. The former include a high density of coastal economies, proximity to international markets, and better logistics and communications. The inhibitors comprise geopolitical ...
Socioeconomic typology of Russia’s coastal regions
... 1988, Osnovy geografii naselenija i rasselenija v predelah Mirovogo okeana [Basics of geography and population resettlement within the world's oceans]. In: Geografija okeana: teorija, praktika, problemy [Ocean Geography: theory, practice, problems], Leningrad, p. 148-161.
5. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli 2002 [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators in 2002], Moscow, Rosstat , 863 p.
6. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli. 2014 [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators. 2014], Moscow, Rosstat , 900 p.
7. Friedmann, J. 1967, A general ...
Interorganisational networking as the principal form of technological, innovative and research cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region
... sotrudnichestva [Organizational and economic forms of international scientific and technical cooperation], JL, A. A. Zhdanov Leningrad State University.
7. Vasin, V. А., Mindeli, L. E. 2011, Prostranstvennye aspekty formirovanija i razvitija nacional'noj ... ....Yu. 2012, The methodological bases of comparative evaluation of scientific and technological potential of Russia and the EU: regional and international aspects, Balt. Reg., no. 4(14), p. 16-28. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-4-2.
9. Vsemirnaja istorija ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... 1991, Geopoliticheskoe polozhenie Jestonskoj SSR: mify i real'nost' [The geopolitical position of the Estonian SSR: Myths and Reality]. In: Politicheskaja geografija i sovremennost'. Regional'nye i prikladnye aspekty [Political geography and modernity. Regional and applied aspects], Leningrad.
11. Samonis, V. 1995, Transformacija litovskoj jekonomiki: ot Moskvy k Vil'njusu i ot plana k rynku [The transformation of the Lithuanian economy from Moscow to Vilnius and from plan to market], Warsaw.
12. Grigoryev, L. М. 2005, Konkurencija ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... natural population increase (decrease) in the postcommunist part of Baltic Europe (the federated state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, West Pomeranian, Pomeranian, and Warmian-Masurian Voivodeships, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, the Kaliningrad and Leningrad region, and the federal city of Saint Petersburg) in 2002—2011. The study uses standard methods of demographic analysis, the data provided by national statistical services and Eurostat. All regions analysed are characterised by a low stationary phase ...
Spatio-temporal patterns of knowledge transfer in the borderland
... models of knowledge integration taking place between Russia’s northwestern regions and the countries that their border. The study covers six territories of the Northwestern federal district (the Republic of Karelia, St Petersburg, and the Kaliningrad, Leningrad, Murmansk, and Pskov regions); five regions of the Central federal district (Belgorod, Bryansk, Voronezh, Kursk, and Smolensk); and one region of the Southern federal district (Rostov). The methodology of the study consists of using information from the Scopus abstract and ...
Some features of external migration processes in the coastal regions of the Western borderlands of Russia
... countries: first of all, Finland, Estonia and Norway. The coastal position becomes an attractive factor for all the studied regions, except for the northern ones. The border can also affect the migration adversely both in the northern regions, and in the Leningrad region, St. Petersburg. The southern regions of Russia and the Kaliningrad region are the only ones to use their border position to make up the natural population decline at the expense of bordering states. Most regions are growing due to migration. The ...
Geodemography of the Saint Petersburg Suburbs
... The formation of the settlement system of the Saint Petersburg suburbs started with the foundation of the city, and continues to this day. Today, their spatial structure is shaped by the current administrative border between Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad region — a product of the territory’s development in the Soviet period of Russia’s history. The lengthy process of border formation has given it a peculiar character. The most vibrant and attractive areas of the suburbs are located at a distance ...
Lutheranism in Finland: past and present
... Evangelichesko-lyuteranskaya cerkov' Finlyandii. Kratkij istoricheskij ocherk [Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland. A brief historical overview], Leningrad, 34 p.
6. Pravoslavnye prixody v Finlyandii rastut i molodeyut [Orthodox parishes in Finland and growing younger], ... ... Xristianskaya ojkonimiya Vologodskoj oblasti (opyt informacionno-geograficheskogo issledovaniya [Christian oikonymy Vologda region (geographic information and experience in the research journal], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... [Bulletin of the Russian new university], p. 37-45.
7. Granberg, А. G. 2001, Osnovy regional'noj jekonomiki [Fundamentals of Regional Economy], Moscow, 495 p.
8. Azarzhevskaya, V. S. 2005, Sovremennye problemy funkcionirovanija gradoobrazujushhih predprijatij ... ... Finansovo-kreditnye metody regulirovanija investicionnyh rynkov [Financial and credit management practices of the investment markets], Leningrad, 120 p.
16. Mirovaja jekonomika — jekonomika Rossii [The world economy — the economy of Russia], available at: ...