Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... материалы международ-ной конференции. In: Fedorov, G. M., Emelyanova, L. L. (eds.), 2008, Migracija i social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie stran regiona Baltijskogo morja [Migration and
socio-economic development of the Baltic Sea Region], Kaliningrad, p. 56—75.
3. Emelyanova, L. L. Kretinin, G. V. 2008, Formirovanie Kaliningradskogo sociuma i problema migracii [Formation of Kaliningrad society and the problem of migration], Kaliningradskie arhivy [Kaliningrad archives], no. 8, p. 159—166....
Reflections on the history of the Kaliningrad region
... Kaliningradskaya oblast': uchebnoe posobie dlya shkol'nikov. 10—11 klassy [History of Western Russia. Kaliningrad region’s: Educational handbook for pupils]. Moscow.
9. Klemesheva, M. A., 1991. Ocherki istorii kraya [Essays on the history of the region]. Kaliningrad.
10. Kretinin, G. V., 2007. Istoriya Zapadnoi Rossii. Kaliningradskaya oblast': uchebnoe posobie dlya shkol'nikov. 8—9 klassy [History of Western Russia. Kaliningrad region’s: Educational handbook for secondary school teachers. 8—9 klasses] ...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
... (accessed 15.09.2012).
11. Federal State Statistics Service, 2013, available at: http://www.gks.ru (accessed 15.12.2013).
12. Klemeshev, A. P., Mau, V. A. (eds.), 2011, Strategii razvitija Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Strategy development of the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant State University of Russia, 472 p.
13. Strategija social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Kaliningradskoj oblasti na dolgosrochnuju perspektivu. Postanovlenie Pravitel'stva Kaliningradskoj oblasti ot 02 avgusta 2012 goda № ...
Improving Human Resource Training Policy for the Balanced Economic and Demographic Development of the Kaliningrad Region
... 900 p.
12. Sagradov, A. A. 2005, Jekonomicheskaja demografija [Economic demography], Moscow, INFRA-M, 256 p.
13. Klemeshev, A. P., Mau, V. A. (eds.), 2007, Strategii razvitija Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Strategy for the Development of the Kaliningrad Region], Kaliningrad, 472 p.
14. Strumilin, S. G. 1925, Problemy jekonomiki truda: ocherki i jetjudy [Problems of labor economics: essays and etudes], Voprosy truda [Labor issues], Moscow, 225 p.
15. Trud i zanjatost' v Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Work and employment ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
12. Voloshenko, K. Yu., Gimbitsky, K. K., Kuznetsova, A. L., Fedorov, G. M. 2015, Modelirovanie regional'noj sistemy dolgosrochnoj ustojchivosti Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Modelling of long-term sustainability of the regional system of the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University Publishing.
13.Modernizacija jekonomiki. Gosudarstvennaja programma Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Modernization of the economy. The State Programme of the Kaliningrad region], 2014, Resolution of the Government ...
Human Resource Efficiency as a Development Factor for the Kaliningrad Economy
... Kaliningradskoj oblasti trudovymi resursami [Economic and demographic outlook and the prospects for the economy of the Kaliningrad Region Human Resource], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 3, p. 53—59.
16. Fedorov, G. 2011, La region de Kaliningrad, future “couloirs de developpement”, La Resurgence de la Russie? AGIR, no .45, Fevrier, p. 97—110.
17. Fedorov, G. 2014, The concept of geo-demographic situation and geodemographic typology of the subjects of the Russian Federation....
The assessment of research and technical potential in the framework of the innovative model of development of regional economy
... Kaliningradskoj oblasti, 31 p.
8. Nikitin, M. A., Ivchenko, V. V., Bespalov, V. A. and Poljakov, S. G. 2005, Nauchno-tehnicheskij i innovacionnyj potencial Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Scientific, technological and innovative potential of the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, Izdatel'stvo Rossijskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta imeni I. Kanta, 125 p.
9. Svedenija ob innovacionnoj dejatel'nosti organizacii v 2008 godu Statisticheskij bjulleten' [Information about the organization of innovative activity in 2008 ...
The role of the Kaliningrad region in the development of Russian-German relations
Germany is one of the principal partners of the Russian Federation. The Kaliningrad region plays a significant role in the development of partnership between the two countries, but the existing opportunities for development are not fully exploited. This article analyses the development, current state and prospects of an increasing role ...
Changes in the cultural landscape of the Kaliningrad region’s periphery in the 19th/20th centuries
10. Gosudarstvennyj Arhiv Kaliningradskoj Oblasti [State Archive of the Kaliningrad Oblast], F. 297, Op. 7, D. 266, L. 67.
11. Orlyonok, V. V. (ed.), 2002, Geograficheskij atlas Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Geographical Atlas of the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, 276 p.
12. Gusev, А. L., Maslov, V. N. 2006, Istorija sel'skogo hozjajstva Kaliningradskoj oblasti [The history of agriculture of the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, 464 p.
13. Kalutskov, V. N. 1995, Problemy issledovanija kul'turnogo ...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... the special economic zone (SEZ) functioning. The key method of analysis is the comparison of data on the generation of gross regional product and regional foreign economic activities (including export and import of goods and moving goods from/into the Kaliningrad region to other Russian regions). It results in a conceptual CFMER, which is assessed as of 2011. The availability of additional — as compared to a regular region — data on commodity flows in the framework of the SEZ transitional period makes it possible ...
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
With its exclave status, the Kaliningrad region has been drawing attention of many researchers in different fields. Yet the prospects for cooperation between the region and neighbouring communities in Poland and Lithuania, which once constituted an integrated social, economic and political space,...
The effect of railway network evolution on the Kaliningrad region’s landscape environment
... existing Kaliningrad railway network is to a great degree the legacy of the earlier, pre-war times. Today, its primary function is to provide international cargo and passenger transportation. Two types of railway infrastructure are identified in the Kaliningrad region – modern (functioning) and relic (abandoned) ones. In the Kaliningrad region, the process of land reclamation of the railway system starts when the maintenance of railroads is discontinued, which is followed by the formation of primitive soils ...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... 2005, Otsenka chuvstvitel'nosti dyunnykh prirodnykh kompleksov (na primere Kurshskoy kosy) [Evaluation of the sensitivity of the natural dune complexes (for example the Curonian Spit)], Environmental problems of the Kaliningrad region and the Baltic region, Kaliningrad, p. 119-123.
2. Antonova, E. V. et al. (eds.), Orlenok, V. V. et al. (red.), 2002, Geograficheskiy atlas Kaliningradskoy oblasti [Geographical Atlas of the Kaliningrad Region], Kaliningrad, 276 p.
3. Gradostroitel'nyy kodeks Rossiyskoy Federatsii ...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... risks presented by industrial agriculture and other types of land use.
1. Fedorov, G. M. (ed.), 2016, Atlas poslevoennyh izmenenij na territorii sovremennoj Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Atlas of post-war changes on the territory of the modern Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, 36 p. (In Russ.)
2. Borodin, E. V., Churin, D. A., Chernyshkov, P. P. 2014, Influence of dynamics of waters on biomass and distribution of biological resources of a pelagiala of the southern parts of the Atlantic and Quiet oceans, Vestnik ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
This article considers the development of integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships in 1946—2016. The authors set out to identify the main results of Russian-Polish cross-border cooperation in the context of the changing historical and political paradigms in the Baltic region. The authors ...
The development of the industrial port complex of the Kaliningrad region
Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad region requires new scenarios and ways of functioning of the regional economy. Based on recent regional studies, the author proposes to resume the discussion of alternative strategies for the development of the Kaliningrad region. One of the most promising ...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
This study undertakes a contextual analysis of economic and legal risks associated with investment in the Kaliningrad region. The authors emphasise the importance of public-private partnership (PPP) in minimising such risks in order to enhance the region’s attractiveness and to solve development problems. PPP has never been studied as a means to minimise regional investment ...
The identity and collective memory of Kaliningraders in recent Polish studies
This paper is a review of recent Polish studies on identity and collective memory in the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation. Polish authors have analysed the development of Kaliningrad regional identity – a process closely related to collective memory changes and politics of memory. Scholars have explored the ‘identity dilemmas’ of Kaliningraders,...
The concepts of enclave and exclave and their use in the political and geographical characteristic of the Kaliningrad region
... globalized world], Kaliningrad, Immanuel Kant State University of Russia.
5. Fedorov, G. M., Zverev, Yu. M. 2002, Social'no-ekonomicheskoe i geopoliticheskoe razvitie Kaliningradskoj oblasti [Socio-economic and geopolitical development of the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad State University.
6. Саstel (du), V. 2007, De Königsberg à Kaliningrad: L’Europe face á un nouveau «Départament d’Outre terre» russe sur la Baltique, Paris, L’Harmattan.
7. Joenniemi, P., Dewar, S. and Lyndelle,...
Federal Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region: an Assessment of Risks and Opportunities
... economic statistics, and propose a forecast for human resources development with and without taking accounting for the migration. The article identifies both the opportunities relating to the implementation of the Federal Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region in view of the current social and economic situation and the risks associated with the first stage of the programme implementation (2007—2013). Possible migration risks are considered from the perspective of cultural studies and management research....
The historical and geographical evolution of the enclavity of the Kaliningrad region
This article considers the origin, development, change in the status, and extinction of enclave and exclave formations in the territory of the modern Kaliningrad region. The author offers information on their socio-economic and political features. The article identifies enclave (exclave) problems peculiar to them, including the land access (passenger and cargo transit) of the metropolis to the isolated territory,...
The foreign policy of Poland and the Kaliningrad region in 1989—2012
This article sets out to analyse the role of the Kaliningrad region in the Polish foreign policy after 1989. The analysis focuses on the political and regional determinants, which had the greatest impact on the Poland-Kaliningrad region relations. The methodology used in the article is not unusual for political ...
Cross-Border Cooperation in the Kaliningrad region: Problems and Prospects
Since the accession of Poland and Lithuania to the EU, the nature, forms and content of their border cooperation with the Kaliningrad region have fundamentally changed. There is a tendency towards strengthening the neighborhood policy. The already gained extensive and varied experience of the participation of the Kaliningrad region in the IN-TERREG Programme contributed to the socio-economic ...
The Amber Industry: Development Сhallenges and Combating Amber Trafficking in the Baltic Region
... tomorrow], no. 4, p. 56—67. (in Russ.)
9. Podgorny, N. A., Rener, N. A. 2010, Ugolovno-pravovaya otvetstvennost' za nezakonnyi oborot yantarya v Kaliningradskoi oblasti [Criminally-legal responsibility for illegal turnover of amber in the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, 139 p. (in Russ.)
10. Rener, N. A. 2016, Criminalistic characteristics of illicit trafficking in amber, Rossiiskii sledovatel' [Russian Investigator], no. 12, p. 5—7. (in Russ.)
11. Art. 7.5 "Unauthorized extraction of amber"....
Local Border Traffic as a Form of Visa Liberalisation and Territorial Development
... main results of Russia/EU cooperation. The authors have conducted a brief historical analysis of this area of relations. The visa “regionalisation” is considered in the context of identifying the key actors of the EU — Russia negotiations: the Kaliningrad region, Germany, Poland, and Lithuania. In their analysis, the authors rely mostly on primary sources: intergovernmental agreements on simplified border traffic, border-crossing statistics for the Kaliningrad region in the framework of the local border ...
Cross-border cooperation in tourism between the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region
The border location of the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region is a prerequisite for active cooperation at different institutional levels. The development of cross-border cooperation between the Kaliningrad region and the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship was launched in 1992, when the first agreements on international ...
The role of small and semi-medium-sized towns in solving the problems of regional development
The article focuses on the problems related to the disparities in the settlement system of the Kaliningrad region, the problems of small and semi-mediumsized towns, and the role of such towns in solving the regional development problems of the Kaliningrad region. The author analyses the Lithuanian experience of revitalizing small towns. The article outlines ...
Workers’ settlements in the Kaliningrad region and their subsequent renaming in 1946—1947
... the defeat of Nazi Germany. As a result, the local toponymy changed completely. The author analyses the documents from the State Archive of the Russian Federation, the Russian State Archives of Socio- Political History, and the State Archive of the Kaliningrad Region to trace the Russianisation of German toponyms. The decision to establish workers’ settlements in the Kaliningrad region was discussed in September 1946 — July 1947. Local authorities sought to create more settlements of the kind. However, ...
The Regional Committee of the CPSU in the system of agricultural authorities in the two post-war decades: The case of the Kaliningrad region
The paper analyzes the role of the CPSU’s Kaliningrad Regional Committee in agricultural management in the Kaliningrad region in 1946—1965. The author estimates the performance of the Regional Committee in distributing powers between regional administrative structures, coordinating actions with Union authorities,...
The Youth in Kaliningrad, Gdansk and Klaipeda: Geopolitical Vision of the World, Identity and Images of the Other
This work juxtaposes the analysis of the federal discourse on the exclave position of the Kaliningrad region in 1994—2012 based on the screening by the Nezavisimaya gazeta and the results of surveys of students at the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University and the Universities of Gdansk and Klaipeda using a similar questionnaire. Students of all three ...
Network Modelling of Transboundary Cooperation between Russian and Belarusian Regional Enterprises: the case of the Kaliningrad and Grodno Regions
... Belarus based on the case of the Kaliningrad and Grodno regions. The model is developed on the basis of the well-known and widely accepted PERT. It covers the three main stages of the whole transborder cooperation process identified in the case of the two regions — the Kaliningrad and Grodno: organisational and analytical support, methodological and technological support, and the development of a complex cooperation programme. The working version of the model includes approximately 150 events. As to its purpose, it ...
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
... and the Russian Federation often discussed in the international dialogue. The three years of LBT mechanism have shown its practical significance for the development of research and cultural contacts, cooperation between municipalities and NGOs of the Kaliningrad region and the borderland (Pomeranian and Warmian-Masurian) voivodeships of Poland. When considering retail trade as a structural element of economy, it is important to address the differences in the effect LBT has had on the development of this sector ...
On the programme of research development in the exclave region
This article focuses on the development of research in the exclave region. The authors offer a programme of research development in the Kaliningrad region. The article describes the principal lines of implementation of priorities of modernization and technological upgrade of regional industries.
1. Bil'chak, V. S., Duplenko, N. G. 2008. Predprinimatel'stvo regiona.Kaliningrad.
2. Bil'chak, V. S....
The special economic zone in the Kaliningrad region: towards a more effective legal regime
In this article, I aim at identifying the main trends in the development of the laws on the special legal regime of entrepreneurship in the Kaliningrad region. I address the problems of the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in the Kaliningrad region and provide recommendations for improving its legal regulation. I analyse the 12 years experience of the practical application of the federal law on the regional ...
The aderoid factors in the development of the Kaliningrad region
... ponjatijno-terminologicheskij slovar' [Social and economic geography: the conceptual and terminological dictionary], Moscow.
2. Fedorov, G. М. 2008, Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Kaliningradskoj
oblasti [Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, Izdatelstvo RGU im. I. Kanta.
socioeconomic development of the Kaliningrad region, development factors, aderoid factors
Strategic planning of small towns development in the Kaliningrad region
The article examines some geographical features of strategic planning of small cities in the Kaliningrad region. The article reveals institutional and secondary measures for perfection of strategy and improvements of investment attractiveness of small towns in the Kaliningrad region.
проблемы развития полусредних ...
Evaluation of GRP change in the exclave Russian region on the Baltic (1995—2016)
... regional product (GRP) play a crucial role in assessing the level and pace of regional development. Given the economic and statistical research of analytical material covering 1995 - 2016,the article compares the dynamics and structure of the GRP of the Kaliningrad region to the corresponding indicators of the aggregate GRP of the Russian Federation subjects. Changes in the regional GRP are linked to the specifics of the regional economic development in different years. The achieved level and structure of the Kaliningrad ...
Crossborder and trans-border cooperation of medium-sized cities of Kaliningrad region in Baltic Sea Region
The forms of crossborder and transborder cooperation of mediumsized cities of Kaliningrad region in Baltic Sea Region are described. The
description of wto European Union’s instruments for international cooperation in Baltic Sea Region is presented. The short analysis of participation of medium-sized cities of Kaliningrad region in projects ...
Three development strategies of the Kaliningrad region (1991—2018)
After the demise of the USSR the Kaliningrad region became a Russian exclave, geographically separated from the rest of Russia by foreign states. The development of the region became dependent on external factors, including Russia’s political relations with foreign countries, NATO and EU. Geopolitical ...
Interregional and cross-country flows of labor resources in the Kaliningrad region: factors and vectors in the contemporary Eurasian context
The article focuses on the urgent issues of the labour resourses repeoduction in the Kaliningrad region as a result of interregional and international labor migration for the last years. Reducing the number of own labor resources in changing external and internal conditions for the regional socioeconomic system determines the urgency of migration ...
Königsberg Cathedral and Kant’s tomb in Soviet Kaliningrad
... the context of politics of memory pursued by the regional authorities. Changes in the attitudes towards the German historical and cultural heritage of former East Prussia are traced. The supplement contains 16 documents from the State Archive of the Kaliningrad region, 14 of which are published for the first time.
1. Klemesheva, M. A. 2000, O sud'be Korolevskogo zamka [The fate of the Royal Castle], Kaliningradskie arhivy [Kaliningrad archives], no 2, p. 179—191.
2. Kostyashov, Yu. V. 2002, Kto spas usypal'nicu ...
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... mirovoy turistskiy rynok [Tourist regional studies: the impact of regional integration on the world tourist market], Moscow, p. 176.
4. Bolychev, O., Gumenyuk, I., Kuznetsova, T. 2015, Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands, Balt. Reg., no.4 (26), p. 135—149. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2015-4-8.
5. Generalnaya shema razmescheniya ob’ektov I infrastruktury turizma v razvitie Shemy territorialnogo planirovaniya Respubliki Karelia [General layout ...
The Factors, Formats, and Avenues of Cooperation between St. Petersburg and the Kaliningrad Region in Today’s Eurasian Geo-Economic Context
... geopolitical situation and Big Eurasia plunging into geoeconomic uncertainty, Russian regions are working towards new interregional collaborations and looking for partners in other markets. Russia’s outposts in the Baltic — St. Petersburg and the Kaliningrad region — play a central communicative role in relations with European countries. An exclave under transport and logistics blockade, the Kaliningrad region is increasingly seeking new areas and forms of cooperation with St. Petersburg. In this study,...
On the discovery of rare and extinct plant species in the Kaliningrad region
This article focuses on the history of some rare species in the Kaliningrad region. The authors provide information on new locations of the species’ occurrence in the Kaliningrad region. The article contains a schematic map of new discoveries of rare and extinct species in the Kaliningrad region. A geobotanical analysis of ...
Macroalgae Suggested for Inclusion in the New Edition of the Red List of the Kaliningrad region
This article is the very first description of macroscopic algae suggested for inclusion in the list of species protected in the Kaliningrad region. The regional significance of our findings relates to the preparation of the second edition of the Red List of the Kaliningrad region. The previous 2010 edition lacked an algae section due to the scarcity of pertinent research. In this work, we ...
The Kaliningrad region in Polish scientific research
This article offers an overview of the leading Polish research centres focusing on the political, social, and economic aspects of the Kaliningrad region.
1. Achremczyk, S. 2005. Komunikaty Mazursko-Warmińskie, № 3.
2. Baryła, T. 2000. Polska w Europie, N 34.
3. Baryła, T., Hojszyk, W., Wojnowsk,i E. 2004. Obwód Kaliningradzki Federacji Rosyjskiej. Wybór dokumentów 1994—2004. Olsztyn....
The Kaliningrad Region: Challenges of the Exclave Position and Ways to Offset Them
The recent geopolitical shifts and Russia’s response to them have had a significant impact on the Kaliningrad region. This has created new challenges and warranted a revision of the old ones. The article investigates the reaction of the region’s economy to the challenges of its exclave position and considers possible measures to offset related problems in the ...
Two perspectives on the 'Kaliningrad issue'
This interview with two former special presidential representatives for the Kaliningrad region (Dmitry Rogozin, representing the Russian party and Gediminas Kirkilas, representing the Lithuanian party) recounts the EU-Russia negotiations on the Kaliningrad region and the enlargement of the European Union in the early 2000s. The interview ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
Network cooperation — the most efficient form of unlocking the economic and natural potential of territories — is rapidly developing in Russia under the influence of global processes. Due to its unique geopolitical position, the Kaliningrad region is one of the regions where such networks develop at both the regional and international levels. When studying such forms of cooperation, the traditional methods of social sciences as research tools are not sufficient, which is explained by the ...
Kaliningrad Architectural Landscape as a Tourist Attraction
... architectural landscapes.
1. Analiticheskaja zapiska po itogam vyborochnogo obsledovanija naselenija Kaliningradskoj oblasti s cel'ju monitoringa sostojanija turistskoj otrasli [Analytical Report on the results of a sample survey of the population of the Kaliningrad region in order to monitor the state of the tourism industry], 2014, Kaliningrad.
2. Belintseva, I. 1996, Osobennosti reguljarnoj planirovki Kjonigsberga v XIII-XX vv. [Features regular layout of Konigsberg in XIII-XX centuries.], «Zapad-Vostok: Iskusstvo ...