Developing geotourism with a focus on geoheritage in a transboundary region: the case of the Curonian Spit, a UNESCO site
... outreach. The authors view the methodology for geo-tour design as an example of heritage preservation and propose a new tourist trail — the Geological and Geomorphological Chronicle of the Baltic Sea. This tour acquaints sightseers with the nature of the Curonian Spit National Park, a unique geological and geomorphological feature whose landscapes are a product of centuries-long human-nature interactions. Twenty years ago, in 2000, the conservation area was listed by UNESCO as a place of considerable natural significance....
A comparison of the condition of the sand hopper Talitrus saltator Montagu, 1808 groups depending on the ecology of the Vistula and Curonian Spits’ coast
... университета им. И. Канта. 2014. № 1. С. 107—115.
7. Barnard J. L. The Families and Genera of Marine Gammaridean Amphipoda.Washington, 1969. P. 463—472.
Nikitina S., Seledtsov V.
Talitrus saltator, population figures, Vistula Spit, Curonian Spit, recreational load.
The state of the marine groups flea Talitrus sal-tator Montagu, 1808 Curonian spit
This article argues that the population index of talitrid groups on the coast of the Curonian Spit (the village of Lesnoi) in April-September of 2011 improved in comparison to those of 2001—2003, which is indicative of a considerable positive effect of a reduction in recreational pressure on the Curonian Spit and its beaches.
Deformations of the marinve coastline of the Curonian spit (South-Eastern Baltic Sea) during autumn-winter season of 2018—2019
A northern storm with a wind speed of up to 23 m/s, lasting 10 hours, with a wave height of 7—8 m, accompanied by a rise in sea level by 0.7 m, hit the coast of the Southeastern Baltic Sea in January 2019. The coast of the Russian part of the Curonian Spit was selectively eroded. The most significant erosion was recorded in the near border part of the coast (the foredune retreated from 1 to 4.7 m), as well as in the root section, where the foredune broke through and the adjacent territory was flooded....
Vegetation succession in Svinoye Bog (south of the Curonian spit, Russia)
In this article, we present an analysis of the taxonomic diversity of plant macro-remnants retrieved from the peat deposits of Svinoye Bog in the southern part of the Curonian Spit, Russia. The initial mire formation stage is probably associated with the alder carrs and stretches of Phragmites, which were successively replaced by fen, transition mire, and raised bog communities. Based on a diagram of the botanical composition ...
The evolution of functioning zoning of the Curonian Spit national park
This paper presents a retrospective analysis of functional zoning as a tool of environmental management in the Curonian Spit national park (Kalinin-grad region) from its establishment to the present day. The author considers gradual changes in the composition of functional areas and the proportion of zones with different protection regimes.
Генеральный план ...
Assessing spatial and temporal changes in the landscape vulnerability in the Kaliningrad region as an element of sustainable spatial planning
... spatial planning in the Kaliningrad region and its municipalities.
1. Volkov, I. I. 2005, Otsenka chuvstvitel'nosti dyunnykh prirodnykh kompleksov (na primere Kurshskoy kosy) [Evaluation of the sensitivity of the natural dune complexes (for example the Curonian Spit)], Environmental problems of the Kaliningrad region and the Baltic region, Kaliningrad, p. 119-123.
2. Antonova, E. V. et al. (eds.), Orlenok, V. V. et al. (red.), 2002, Geograficheskiy atlas Kaliningradskoy oblasti [Geographical Atlas of the Kaliningrad ...
The modern natural-anthropogenic prerequisites for the transformation of eolian coastal-marine natural complexes
This article offers the results of an analysis of natural and anthropogenic impacts on eolian coastal marine natural complexes of the Curonian and Vistula spits. The authors identify the contribution of natural and anthropogenic factors to the transformation of the spits’ natural complexes.
1. Бадюкова Е. Н., Жиндарев Л. А., Лукьянова С. А. и др. Особенности ...
The density of the even-toed ungulates in the Curonian Spit national park (based on the population monitoring data)
This article estimates the density of eventoed ungulates in the Curonian Spit national park and their distribution in the studied area. The density was calculated through the method of pellet count. The census of the mammal pop-ulation through the method of drive count was conducted alongside the daily monitoring of population....
The assessment of the antioxidative status of plants of different ecological groups growing on the Curonian spit
This article analyses the endogenous level of antioxidants in the plants growing on the Curonian spit. The authors distinguished two groups of plants with the highest content of anthocyans and the water-soluble antioxidants in plant tissues and determined a positive correlation dependency between the anthocyan content and the level of carotenoids ...
Principles and structure of ecological and geographical Atlas of a national park (on the example of the national park «Curonian Spit»)
The possibility of creation of Atlas for specially protected area of nature is seen from a complex approach. The original structure and content of complex «Curonian Spit» National park are presented for the first time.
атлас Калининградской области / гл. ред. В.
В. Орленок. Калининград: Изд-во КГУ; ЦНИТ, 2002. ...
Suspended particulate matter within the Kaliningrad coastal zone: distribution, transport, composition
... Curonean spit was studied with electron microscopy. The biogenic fraction dominates in the suspensions, including colonies of cyanobacteria, diatoms and dinoflagellates. The suspended matter composition changes from the Sambia Peninsula toward to the Curonian Spit: iron content rises along with a decrease in total number of mineral particles.
Bubnova E. S
the Baltic Sea, suspended particulate matter, sediment transport, mineral composition, abrasion, deposition, human activity
Shore ground monitoring methodology
16. Bobykina V. P., Stont Zh. I. Winter Storm Activity in 2011—2012 and Its Consequences for the Southeastern Baltic Coast // Water Resources. 2015. Vol. 42, № 3. P. 371—377.
17. Boldyrev V., Bobykina V. The Coasts of the Vistula and Curonian Spits As Transboundary Territory // Transboundary waters and basins in the South-Eastern Baltic / ed. B. V. Chubarenko. Kalininhgrad, 2008. P. 226—238.
18. Brükman R. Beobachtungen über Strand verschiebungen an der Küste des Semlands. 11 Brüsterort,...
Geosituational Modelling of Coastal Marine Systems
... conditions of climatic changes on the basis of modern information technologies, Geografiya XXI veka [Geography of the 21st century], Kaliningrad, p. 62—73. (In Russ.)
22. Shidlovskaya, Yu. А. 2015, Evolution of functional zoning of national park Curonian Spit], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 1, p. 72—78. (In Russ.)
23. Barinova, G., Koroleva, Y., Krasnov, E. 2012, Indicative Modeling and spatial evaluation of air pollution risk. In: Kremers, H., Susini, A. (eds.), Risk models and ...
Opportunities for eco-tourism development in the Kaliningrad Region (focusing on the pilot Russian part of the territory adjacent to the Vistula (Kaliningrad) and the Curonian Lagoons)
... development of natureoriented types of tourism. It presents the areas with the highest potential for eco-tourism and a list and a map of the most important sites on the South-East coast of the Baltic Sea (Russian part). The research emphasizes "Curonean Spit" National Park as a "pilot" area for sustainable tourism development in the Kaliningrad region.
1. Территориальная комплексная оценка градостроительного планирования ...
The lichen flora of Zadovskoye raised bog in the Slavsk district of the Kaliningrad region
... им. В. Л. Комарова АН СССР. 1955. Сер. 3 : Геоботаника, вып. 10. С. 225—329.
14. Питеранс А. В. Лишайники Латвии. Рига, 1982.
15. Dolnik Ch., Petrenko D. E. Lichens of the Southern Curonian Spit in the Baltic Sea // Бот. журн. 2003. Т. 88, № 2. С. 41—59.
16. Дедков В. П., Андреев М. П., Петренко Д. Е. Аннотированный список лишайников Калининградской области ...