Environmental aspect of the current Arctic Strategy of Sweden
The article considers the environmental aspect of the current Arctic Strategy of Sweden. Despite the general predominant environmental vector, objective results of the Swedish Arctic Strategy remain quite frugal. As the leading environmental European power, Sweden was not able to present a comprehensive environmental ...
Legal regulation of activities in the Arctic in the context of sanctions
The article explores the sanction factor impact on the legislative framework regulating Russian and European joint economic activities in the Arctic. The fundamental documents on the joint projects with the European Union get analyzed in the context of the sanction factor. The paper focuses on changes in the legislative framework for Russian — EU joint activities, as well as relevant restrictions....
The current state of the climate system of the Kaliningrad region and global warming
In this article, I examine climate change facts relating to study objects of different scales, particularly, the Arctic, which serves as an indicator of global processes taking place across the planet. I track long-term fluctuations in the climatic parameters of the Kaliningrad region. Further, I estimate the rate of temperature change in Kaliningrad and other locations ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... otkazat'sja ot EvroPRO [Germany calls on Poland to abandon the European missile defense], available at: http://www.belvpo.com/ru/32388.html (accessed 10.09.2015).
3. Konishev V. N., Sergunin A. A. 2014, Voennaja bezopasnost' Arktiki [Military security of the Arctic], Nacional'nye interesy: prioritety i bezopasnost' [National interests priorities and safety], p. 56—64, available at: http://ormvd.ru/pubs/15530 (accessed 12.07.2014).
4. Gensek NATO privetstvuet reshenie Niderlandov osnastit' sudna radarami ...
On the role of Arctic cod in the nutrition of abundant bird species of the Barents Sea
This article analyses the role of Arctic cod—the most abundant representative of Arctic fish fauna in the food web of the Barents Sea ecosystems. The author estimates the degree of its consumption by the most abundant seabirds-ichthyophagist (northern fulmar, Brünnich's guillemot, ...
The development of ideas about the formation of Arctic sea fauna and its biogeographical connections
The author arrives at a conclusion on the vast biogeographical connections of the Arctic, Atlantic and Pacific faunas in the Phanerozoic faunas on the basis of the comparative analysis of modern and ancient communities of invertebrates and the changes in their habitats.
Беклемишев К. В.
Экология и ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... programming for the Russian maritime activities], Morskaja politika Rossii [Russian Maritime Policy], June.
7. Konovalov, A. M. 2011, Transportnaja infrastruktura rossijskoj Arktiki: problemy i puti ih reshenija [Transport infrastructure in the Russian Arctic: Challenges and Solutions]. In: Dynkin, А. А. Ivanov, I. S. Evroatlanticheskoe prostranstvo bezopasnosti [Euro-Atlantic security], Moscow, LENAND.
8. Konovalov, A. M. Fedorenko, N. M., Baturova, G. V. 2008, Rejtingovanie federal'nyh celevyh programm ...
A methodology for research on international cooperation on marine environment protection: application of the Baltic Sea practices to the northern seas
... ru/novosti/203386> (Accessed 10 September 2010).
5. Press-reliz VII Mezhdunarodnogo kongressa po istorii okeanografii. 2003.Sentjabr'. Kaliningrad.
6. Cit. po: Kalamkarjan, R. Ja. 2006. Filosofija mezhdunarodnogo prava. Moskow.
7. Petersen, N. 2009. The Arctic as a New Arena for Danish Foreign Policy:The Ilulissat Initiative and its Implications. In: Danish Foreign Policy Yearbook 2009. [online] Available at: <www. diis. dk/sw82334.asp> (Accessed 10 September 2010).
Joint modeling of elastic and acoustic waves in the Arctic
Numerical solutions of seismic prospecting problems in the Arctic is presented. Results of numerical modeling of the explosive impact on the iceberg and earthquake impact on the oil storage are considered as well. The complete system of equations describing the state elastic body and a system of equations describing ...
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... Kaliningrad. (In Russ.)
13. Rydén, L., Migula, P., Andersson, M. 2003, Environmental Science Understanding, protecting and managing the environment in the Baltic Sea Region, Baltic University Press, Uppsala, 824p.
14. Ionov, V. V. 1997, Centre for Baltic and Arctic studies at St. Petersburg state University as a national node of “University GIS network” in Russia, Limnologica — Ecology and Management of Inland Waters, Vol. 29, no. 3, p. 332—334. DOI: 10.1016/S0075-9511(99)80024-3.
15. Research works ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... 2007—2013 Kolarctic ENPI CBC, KEEP Knowledge and Expertise in European Programmes, available at: http://www. territorialcooperation. eu/frontpage/project_programme/43/2007 %20-%202013 %20Kolarctic%20ENPI%20CBC (accessed 12 September 2012).
25. Project — Arctic Materials Technologies, KEEP Knowledge and Expertise in European Programmes, available at: http://www. territorialcooperation. eu/frontpage/show/6457 (accessed 16 September 2012).
26. Project — Coastal environment, technology and innovation in ...
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
... the Wake of the Entrepreneurial Turn in Swedish Policies (1991—2019), Sustainability, no. 12, p. 1—27. doi: 10.3390/su12125217.
4. Demiroglu, O. C., Lundmark, L., Saarinen, J., Müller, D.K. 2019, The last resort? Ski tourism and climate change in Arctic Sweden, Journal of Tourism Futures,vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 91—101. doi: 10.1108/JTF-05-2019-0046.
5. Pashkevich, A. 2017, Processes of Reinterpretation of Mining Heritage: the Case of Bergslagen, Sweden, ALMATOUIRSM Journal of Tourism, Culture and ...
Russian-German research and academic cooperation in the Arctic
This article is dedicated to the stages of development of international research cooperation in the framework of research and education projects focusing on the study of marine and polar territories of the Russian Federation and the Federative Republic of Germany. The largest and most stable projects are the establishment of the Russian-German laboratory of polar and marine research named after the Russian polar explorer of German origin, Otto Schmidt, — OSL — on the premises of AARI, the Russian-German...
Typological differences between the coastal regions of Russia's Western borderlands
... has not been sufficiently studied, it has received increasing attention in the last two decades. The article focuses on the economic features of 11 federal subjects of the Russian Federation located along its maritime borders in the west of the Arctic, Baltic and Azov-Black Sea basins. The regions under study vary from each other, but each of them plays a vital role in the country's economy. The author aims to identify their typological differences in order to improve federal and regional ...
New discoveries of Aspicilia lichen in the Urals
... Vol. 16. P. 341—350.
3. Paukov A. G., Trapeznikova S. N. Lithophilous lichens of Middle Urals // Folia Cryptog. Estonica. 2005. Fasc. 41. P. 81—88.
4. Foucard T. Svenska skorplavar. Interpublishing. Stockholm, 2001.
5. Thomson J. W. American Arctic Lichens. 2 : The Microlichens. Madison, 1997.
6. Селиванов А. Е. Лишайники заповедников «Басеги» и «Вишерский» (Пермская область) // Новости систематики низших ...
The influence of latitudinal gradient on sugar concentration in the nectar of Taraxacum officinale Wigg.
This article analyses the dynamics of sugar concentration in the nectar of Taraxacum officinale Wigg. in the arctic, boreal and temperate zones of Russia. The author arrives at the conclusion that the sugar productivity of flowers analysed changes throughout the day. The average sugar production in T. officinale flowers increases towards the North.
Microelement content in lichen hypogymnia physodes in the forests of the Kaliningrad region
... use of epiphytic lichens as indicators of air pollution in a boreal forest region, Nothern Finland // Flora. 1980. Vol. 169. № 4. P. 255—281.
2. Nash T. H. III, Gries C. The response of lichens to atmospheric depo-sition with an emphasis on the Arctic // Sci. Total Environ. 1995. Vol. 160/161. P. 737—747.
3. Бязров Л. Г. Лишайники в экологическом мониторинге. М., 2002.
4. Garty J. Biomonitoring atmospheric heavy metals with lichens: theory and application ...
Segmentation of multi-temporal radar images of earth covers
... decoding of forest regions by SAR images // Proceedings of SPIE. 1999. Vol. 3983.P. 200-205. doi:10.1117/12.370493.
12. Bryksin V. M., Filatov A. V., Yevtyushkin A. V. Using of SAR data and DInSarPSInSar technique for monitoring Western Siberia and Arctic // Журнал радиоэлектроники. 2012. № 6. С. 1—53.
13. Барталев С. А., Ершов Д. В., Лупян Е. А. и др. Возможности использования спутникового сервиса ...
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
Southeast European and Black Sea Studies. 2007.
Knudsen O. F.
Cooperative security in the Baltic Sea Region // Chaillot Papers. 1998. № 33.
Masegosa C., José L.
Regional Security — building in
, The Barents Euro — Arctic region //
Northern Studies Programme. 1998. № 12.
Back to the Future: Instability in
after the Cold War // International Security. 1990. Vol. 15. № 1.
The resurgence of the ‘Region’ and ‘Regional ...
International relations of the North-West federal district of the Russian Federation and the New North concept
... Secure Europe in a Better World. European Security Strategy. Adopted at the European Council meeting in Brussels, December 12, 2003. P. 1. [online] Available at: <http://ue. eu. int/solana/docs/031208ESSIIEN. pdf > (Accessed 15 January 2011).
24. Arctic Window in the EU’s Northern Dimension. [online] Available at: <gh.gl/uk/news/govern/ arcticwin. htm > (Accessed 15 January 2011).
25. Foreign Ministers' Conference on the Northern Dimension Helsinki, 11—12 November 1999. [online] Available ...
Implementation persistent scatterers interferometry in MATLAB environment on a high performance computer cluster
... месторождений углеводородов // Записки Горного института. 2010. Т. 188. С. 145—152.
17. Bryksin V. M., Filatov A. V., Yevtyushkin A. V. Using of SAR data and DInSarPSInSar technique for monitoring Western Siberia and Arctic // Журнал радиоэлектроники. 2012. № 6. С. 1—53.
18. Hooper A., Spaans K. StaMPS MTI Manual. URL: http://radar.tudelft.nl/~ahooper/stamps/StaMPS_Manual_v3.2.pdf (дата обращения: 20.01.2012).
19. Zakharov ...
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
..., Vol. 1, p. 101—116.
25. Kaplan, T., Ruffle, B. 2011, Which way to cooperate, The Economic Journal, T. 122, Vol. 563, p. 1042—1068.
26. Parente, G., Shiklomanov, N., Streletskiy, D. 2012, Living in the New North: Migration to and from Russian Arctic Cities, Focus on Geography, T. 55, Vol. 3, p. 77—89.
27. Ramamohan Rao T. V. S. Estimating the parameters of Principal Agent Models, Journal of Quantitative Economics, T. 13, Vol. 1, p. 27—52.
28. Ronen, J., Yaari, V. 2007, Demand for the ...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... pochvenno-gruntovyh uslovij Respubliki Karelija [Application of GIS technology in the study of climatic and soil conditions of the Republic of Karelia], Vestnik Severnogo (Arkticheskogo) federal'nogo universiteta, Serija «Estestvennye nauki» [Vestnik of Northern (Arctic) Federal University, Natural Sciences], no. 1, p. 22—27.
16. Arefiev, N. V., Fedorov, M. P., Badenko, V. L., Osipov, G. K. 1997, Metodika jekologicheskogo monitoringa gorodskih territorij s primeneniem GIStehnologij [Methodology for environmental ...
Project approach in transboundary tourism-and-recreation region building: the case of Karelia
... cross-border tourism region of the South-Eastern Baltic, Pskovskii regionologicheksii zhurnal, no. 17, p. 53—59 (in Russ.).
23. Prokkola, E.-K. 2007, Cross-border Regionalization and Tourism Development at the Swedish-Finnish Border: “Destination Arctic Circle”, Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, vol. 7, no. 2, p. 120-138. doi:
24. Palmowski, T., Fedorov, G.M. 2020, The potential for development of Russian-Polish cross-border region, Geography, Environment,...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
.... Druzhinin, A. G. 2016, Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation, Balt. Reg., Vol. 8, no. 2, p. 57—67. DOI: 10.5922/2079—8555—2016—2—5.
32. Pilyasov, A. N. 2016, Cities-bases of the Arctic frontier. In: Kotlyakov, V. M., Streletsky, V. N., Glezer, O. B., Safronov, S. G. (ex. eds.) Voprosy geografii, no. 141. Problemy regional'nogo razvitiya Rossii, Moscow, p. 503—528. (In Russ.)
33. Baklanov, P. Ya. (ex. ed.) 2012, Tikhookeanskaya ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... [Continental-oceanic dichotomy in the international and regional development], Novosibirsk.
6. Bocharova, L. K. 2010, Razvitie morskogo hozjajstva Rossii v Arktike: utochnenie strategicheskih prioritetov [Development of marine economy of Russia in the Arctic: refine the strategic priorities], candidate dissertation thesis, Moscow.
7. Voytolovsky, G. K. 1973, Geografija morskih putej i promyshlennogo rybolovstva [Geography of sea routes and commercial fishing], Moscow.
8. Ghoghoberidze, G. G. 2010,...
Cultural types and the perception of current environmental risks by local communities of the Baltic Sea region
... groups is made. It is concluded that the proposed model is methodologically promising and there is a need for differentiated risk-communication strategies.
1. Smit, B., Hovelsrud, G., Wandel, J. 2008, CAVIAR: Community Adaptation and Vulnerability in Arctic Regions, University of Guelph, Department of Geography, Occasional Paper, no. 28.
2. Budzyte, A.; Balzekiene, A. 2018, Public perceptions of institutional responsibility in climate change risk in Baltic Nordic countries, Journal of Security and ...
Opportunities for sustainable economic development of the coastal territories of the Baltic Sea Region in the context of digital transformation
... Shanghai Jiaotong University (Science), no. 25, p 409—416. doi: 10.1007/s12204-020-2206-z.
28. Plakhotnikova, M., Anisimov, A., Kulachinskaya, A., Mukhametova, L. 2020, The impact of digitalization of the economy on the development of enterprises in the Arctic. In: Fedyukhin, A., Dixit, S. (eds.) Sustainable Energy Systems: Innovative Perspectives, 29—30 October 2020, Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation. doi: 10.1051/e3sconf/202022001041.
29. Klemeshev, A. P., Korneevets, V. S., Palmowski, Т.,Studzieniecki,...