Text localization as a task of translation
Today, the term ‘localization’ is used in many studies of translations and adaptation of various Internet resources. Foreign translation agencies specialize both in translation services, and in the projects for the localization of various resources, and this fact emphasizes ...
Translation of non-equivalent words during the localization of computer games
... lexis in the translation of computer games from Russian into English. The research is focused on the types of nonequivalent lexical units typical of game discourse and their translation into the Russian language.
1. Esselink B. A practical guide to localization. John Benjamins Publishing, 2000.
2. O’Hagan M., Mangiron C. Game Localization: Translating for the global digital entertainment industry. John Benjamins Publishing, 2013.
3. Bernal-Merino M. On the Translation of Video Games // The Journal ...
Lexical chellenges of computer games translation
... lexical challenges in the process of translation, in particular, interpretation of context-independent and context-dependent words, non-equivalent words and neologisms, and “false friends of the translator”.
1. O’Hagan M., Mangiron C. Game Localization: Translating for the global digital entertainment industry. Amsterdam ; Philadelphia, 2013.
2. Bernal-Merino M. On the Translation of Video Games // The Journal of Specialized Translation. 2006. № 6. P. 22—36.
3. Dunne K. J. Perspectives ...