The liberal concept of freedom in the conservative teachings of K. N. Leontyev and L. A. Tikhomirov
This article considers the reception of the liberal concept of freedom in Russian conservatism as exemplified by K. N. Leontyev and L. A. Tikhomirov. Reasoning in the framework of Russian philosophical organicism, each philosopher insists on his own approach to analysing social phenomena. It is ...
Rationality in liberal philosophical theories
This article suggests that rationality has to be treated as one of the basic categories of liberal philosophy. Together with freedom and equality, rationality lies at the anthropological core of liberalism, which makes it stand out among other political theories. The development of the main models of rationality relied upon by various liberal ...
Kant between liberalism and conservatism
Kant has a reputation of one of the chief proponents of political liberalism. However, some of his important ideas can qualify as conservative. Their consequences are reaching far enough to sug¬gest a reevaluation of Kant as an unconditional liberal. Kant's generally liberal understanding of aims and values of a political ...
Some aspects of John Rawls’s first principle of justice
... spravedlivosti Djona Roulsa) [Justice as contract (critical analysis of the John Rawls’ theory of justice)], in: Problemy politicheskoi filosofii [Issues of political philosophy]. Moscow. S. 69—85.
2. Kuzmina, A. B. 1998, Ideya spravedlivosti v liberal’noi tradicii [Idea of justice in liberal tradition]. Moscow.
3. Rawls, J. 2006, Spravedlivost’ kak chestnost’ [Justice as fairness] // Logos [Logos]. No. 1 (52). S. 35—60.
4. Rawls, J. 2009, Teoriya spravedlivosti [A theory of justice]....
Bogdan Kistiakovy’s Project of “State of the Future” as Synthesis of the Ideas of Liberalism and Socialism
This article is devoted to the correlation between liberal and socialist ideas in the social and philosophical conception of the prominent methodologist of social sciences and a Neo-Kantian legal theorist Bogdan Kistyakovsky. The author stresses the uncertainty of both the definition of liberalism and ...
The interpretation of the ideas of I. Kant’s treatise Perpetual Peace in the modern liberal democratic peace theory
... framework of their concept, the analysis shows that the democratic peace theory misinterprets many ideas of Kant.
1. Babst D. Elective Goverments — A Force for Peace // The Wisconsian Sociologist.1964. Vol. 3, № 1. Р. 9—14.
2. Doyle M. W. Kant, Liberal Legacies and Foreign Affairs // Philosophy and Public Affairs. 1983. I, II (12). Р. 205—235, 323—353.
3. Geis A., Müller H., Wagner W. (Hg.) Schattenseiten des Demokratischen Friedens.Zur Kritik einer Theorie liberaler Außen- und Sicherheitspolitik....
On the development of a western worldview in the context of the journal “Vestnik Evropy” in the correspondence between Alexey Veselovsky and Alexander Pypin
... important record of Alexey Veselovsky's autobiography and the whole epoch of the end of the 19th — the early 20th century.
epistolary heritage, journalism, Alexey N. Veselovsky, Alexander N. Pypin, Herald of Europe, Westernism, liberalism