Teutonic Order in French Historiography
The article examines the evolution of French historiography of the Teutonic Order. The author reviews key works of contemporary
French historians of the Order.
. Тевтонские рыцари / пер. А.
И. Вишневского. СПб., 2008.
. Средневековый ...
Origins and beginnings. The Livonian Rhymed Chronicle as a reference point for literature in the Teutonic Order
... German heroic epic poetry is often stressed. The established perspective, which distorts the image of the Chronicle, requires adjustment. This literary study into the Chronicle’s text complements research on the development of corporate identity in the Teutonic Order.
1. Arnold U. De primordiis ordinis Theutonici narratio. Anfänge der Deutschordens-Geschichtsschreibung // Scriptores rerum Prussicarum. Frankfurt a/M., 1968. Bd. 6.
2. Bäuml F.H. The Oral Tradition and Middle High German Literature // Oral ...
N. M. Karamzin: On the History of Using the Koenigsberg Archives in his Work on the History of the Russian State
... Russian chronicles, embassy documents, and diplomatic correspondence. He was among the first historians to turn to foreign sources, and to that end had to obtain copies of the documents shedding light on the relations between the Moscow State and the Teutonic Order in the first quarter of the 16th century. In the following years and up to the present time, however, both Russian and German researchers have been paying little attention to the analytical aspect of the Russian historiographer’s work. The article ...
The Battle of the Ice: On the ‘Svinfylking’ or ‘flying wedge’
... Kurowski F. Der Deutsche Orden. 800 Jahre riterliche Gemeinschaft. Hamburg, 1997.
28. Tumler M. Der Deutsche Orden. Wien, 1955.
29. Wartberge H. Die livlandishe Chronik. Aus dem Lateinichen ubersetzt von Ernst Strehlke. Berlin ; Reval, 1864.
history, Teutonic Order, Battle of the Ice, historical reconstruction
The execution of Henry Monte and the Prussian motif of “double death”
... Chroniken des Deutschen Ordens. Frаnkfurt-am-Main, 2008.
19. Rousselle M. Die Besiedlung des Kreises Preuβisch-Eylau in der Ordenszeit //Altpreuβische Forschungen. 1926. H. 2.
«double death» rite, Henry Monte, Patollo, Potrimps, Balts, Teutonic Order, paganism.
The condition of cultural heritage sites in the Kaliningrad region
... are either ruined or close to this condition. The author stresses the need to take urgent measures to preserves such sites or organise professional reconstruction.
culture, architecture, history, East Prussia, World War II, Russian Orthodox Church, Teutonic Order