Tolstoyan colonies in England in the late 1890s
This article considers the history of establishment of first Tolstoyan colonies in England, the inner life of those colonies and the relationship between Russian emigrants and English colonists.
Correlation of theory and practice in victorian policies: Edward Derby case
... Politics, 1852—1886. Basingstoke, 1998.
16. Hawkins A. Forgotten Prime Minister: the 14th Earl of Derby, Vol. 1, Ascent, 1799—1851. Oxford, 2007.
17. Hawkins A. Victorian Political culture. Oxford, 2015.
18. Hilton B. A Mad, Bad, and Dangerous People? England 1783—1846. Oxford, 2006.
19. Hunt Т. Defining John Bull: Political Caricature and National Identity in Late Georgian England. Aldershot, 2003.
20. Larsen T. A People of One Book: The Bible and the Victorians. Oxford, 2011.
21. Malmesbury, earl ...
The English Theme on the Pages of N. M. Karamzin's Messenger of Europe (Vestnik Yevropy) in 1802—1803
... Messenger of Europe founded by N. M. Karamzin who was the publisher, editor and author of most articles of this literary and political journal in 1802—1803. The paper presents a systematised survey of the publications on the most important developments in England’s foreign and domestic policy. Special attention is paid to the articles in the Messenger of Europe concerning various aspects of Britan’s struggle against Napoleonic France. Those articles help to understand what N. Karamzin deemed worthwhile ...
The theoretical aspects of history of social and cultural adaptation of Russian emigrants in England in the 1870s—1890s
This article considers the basic directions and research tasks of the study of Russian emigration to England in the 1870s-1890s, defines such important concept as “Russian diaspora”, and examines the methodology of the study of social and cultural adaptation of Russian emigrants.
Главные центры русской ...