Environmental aspect of the current Arctic Strategy of Sweden
The article considers the environmental aspect of the current Arctic Strategy of Sweden. Despite the general predominant environmental vector, objective results of the Swedish Arctic Strategy remain quite frugal. As the leading environmental European power, Sweden was not able to present a comprehensive environmental ...
Reputation and status in Denmark’s strategic culture
... importance of studying the connection between status and structural factors within a given alliance.
Nevertheless, Copenhagen continues to seek new ways to pander to Washington, including by taking measures to improve domain awareness systems in the Danish Arctic and Atlantic territories in the vicinity of Greenland and the Faroe Islands. This is evidenced by Denmark’s adoption in February 2021 of a special Arctic defence agreement totalling 1.5 billion Danish Kroner (220 million dollars), which includes ...
Migration attractiveness of the coastal zone of Russia’s North-West: local gradients
....17323/1811-038X-2020-29-3-28-50 (in Russ.).
31. Korovkin, A.G., Dolgova, I.N., Edinak, E.A., Korolev, I.B. 2015, Assessment of the state and prospects for the development of labor markets and migration relationships in the regions of the Russian Arctic, MIR (Modernizatsiya. Innovatsii. Razvitie) [WORLD (Modernization. Innovation. Development)], vol. 6, no. 4—1, p. 213—222 (in Russ.).
32. Sukneva, S.A., Nikulkina, I.V. 2017, Tax Mechanisms of Economic Development and the Improvement of ...
The current state of the climate system of the Kaliningrad region and global warming
In this article, I examine climate change facts relating to study objects of different scales, particularly, the Arctic, which serves as an indicator of global processes taking place across the planet. I track long-term fluctuations in the climatic parameters of the Kaliningrad region. Further, I estimate the rate of temperature change in Kaliningrad and other locations ...
On the role of Arctic cod in the nutrition of abundant bird species of the Barents Sea
This article analyses the role of Arctic cod—the most abundant representative of Arctic fish fauna in the food web of the Barents Sea ecosystems. The author estimates the degree of its consumption by the most abundant seabirds-ichthyophagist (northern fulmar, Brünnich's guillemot, ...
Legal regulation of activities in the Arctic in the context of sanctions
The article explores the sanction factor impact on the legislative framework regulating Russian and European joint economic activities in the Arctic. The fundamental documents on the joint projects with the European Union get analyzed in the context of the sanction factor. The paper focuses on changes in the legislative framework for Russian — EU joint activities, as well as relevant restrictions....
The development of ideas about the formation of Arctic sea fauna and its biogeographical connections
The author arrives at a conclusion on the vast biogeographical connections of the Arctic, Atlantic and Pacific faunas in the Phanerozoic faunas on the basis of the comparative analysis of modern and ancient communities of invertebrates and the changes in their habitats.
Беклемишев К. В.
Экология и ...
Forms of International Cooperation in Environmental Education: the Experience of Saint Petersburg State University
... Kaliningrad. (In Russ.)
13. Rydén, L., Migula, P., Andersson, M. 2003, Environmental Science Understanding, protecting and managing the environment in the Baltic Sea Region, Baltic University Press, Uppsala, 824p.
14. Ionov, V. V. 1997, Centre for Baltic and Arctic studies at St. Petersburg state University as a national node of “University GIS network” in Russia, Limnologica — Ecology and Management of Inland Waters, Vol. 29, no. 3, p. 332—334. DOI: 10.1016/S0075-9511(99)80024-3.
15. Research works ...
A methodology for research on international cooperation on marine environment protection: application of the Baltic Sea practices to the northern seas
... ru/novosti/203386> (Accessed 10 September 2010).
5. Press-reliz VII Mezhdunarodnogo kongressa po istorii okeanografii. 2003.Sentjabr'. Kaliningrad.
6. Cit. po: Kalamkarjan, R. Ja. 2006. Filosofija mezhdunarodnogo prava. Moskow.
7. Petersen, N. 2009. The Arctic as a New Arena for Danish Foreign Policy:The Ilulissat Initiative and its Implications. In: Danish Foreign Policy Yearbook 2009. [online] Available at: <www. diis. dk/sw82334.asp> (Accessed 10 September 2010).