Towards a classification of transboundary tourist and recreation mesoregions in the Baltic region
... Federation, Quaestiones Geograhhicae, no. 33 (2), p. 79—86.
15. Studzieniecki, T., Palmowski, T., Korneevets, V. 2016, The System of Cross-border Tourism in the Polish—Russian Borderland, Procedia Economics and Finance, no. 39, p. 545—552.
16. Manakov, A., Kondrateva, S., Terenina, N. 2020, Development of cross-border tourist and recreational regions on the Karelian section of the Russian-finnish border, Balt. Reg., vol. 12, no. 2, p. 140—152. doi:
The Baltic Finnish Peoples Divided by State and Administrative Borders: Territorial Development of the Karelians, Vepsians, and Setos
....ru/free_doc/new_site/perepis2010/perepis_itogi1612.htm (accessed 12.12.2014).
5. Klementiev, Е. I. 1991, Karely [Karels], Rasy i narody [Races and peoples], no. 21, p. 192—207.
6. Kochkurkina, S. I. 1982, Drevnjaja korela [Ancient Korella], Leningrad, 215 p.
7. Manakov, A. G. 2011, Dinamika jetnicheskih i konfessional'nyh granic k jugo-zapadu ot Pskovskogo ozera do HH veka: istoriko-geograficheskij analiz (k voprosu o proishozhdenii setu) [The dynamics of ethnic and religious boundaries to the south-west of ...
Cultural and landscape zoning in the North- West Russia
... teoreticheskie i regional'nye issledovanija: Tretij jubilejnyj vypusk trudov seminara «Kul'turnyj landshaft» [Cultural Landscape: theoretical and regional studies: Third anniversary issue proceedings of the seminar "Cultural Landscape"], Moscow.
8. Manakov, А. G., Evdokimov, S. I. and Grigorieva, N. V. 2010, Zapadnoe porubezh'e Rossii: geograficheskie aspekty stanovlenija i razvitija Pskovskogo regiona [Porubezhe western Russia: geographical aspects of the formation and development of the Pskov ...
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
... tourism-and-recreation mesoregions: Sweden-Norway-Denmark, Middle Sweden-Norway, Sweden-Norway-Finland, Middle Sweden-Finland, and South Sweden-Finland. The number of tourists visiting cross-border mesoregions indicates the degree of development of the latter.
Manakov A., Krasilnikova I., Ivanov I.
tourism industry, international tourism, tourist flow, Covid-19, cross-border region
Changes in the structure and geography of tourist flows during the COVID-19 pandemic
... Poland and Germany where the domestic tourist flow in 2021 did not revert to 2019 levels. This conclusion was made based on the index of substitution of domestic tourism for inbound flows from July to September 2021 compared to the same period of 2019.
Manakov A. G., Krastev V. K., Krasilnikova I. N., Ivanov I. A.
Covid-19, domestic tourism, tourist flow, tourist flow structure, inbound tourist flow substitution
Development of cross-border tourist and recreational regions on the Karelian section of the Russian-Finnish border
... and is followed by the North Karelian microregion. The authors conclude that these two microregions are at the initial stage of their formation and, therefore, can be regarded as parts of one microregion — Russian-Finnish Northern microregion.
Manakov, A. G., Kondrateva, S. V., Terenina, N. K.
cross-border region, tourism, recreation, Republic of Karelia, Finland
Territorial structure of the denominational space of the South-East Baltic
... denominational shields and contact zones between them. From a practical viewpoint, these components suggest a new variant of the territorial differentiation of the Baltic region. This variant has only limited relevance to ethnic and socioeconomic zoning.
Manakov, A. G., Dementiev, V. S.
denominational space, North-West Russia, Baltic States, Belarus
Estimating the Development of the Latvian - Estonian - Russian Transboundary Tourism and Recreation Region
... recreation microregions is assessed as ‘below average’. The results of the study can be used in preparing recommendations for the development of transboundary microregions within the Latvian-Estonian-Russian tourism and recreation mesoregion.
Manakov A. G., Golomidova E. S.
transboundary region, tourism, recreation, Pskov region, Estonia, Latvia
Population Ageing as a Sociodemographic Problem in the Baltic Region
17. World Population Prospects: The 2015 Revision, Methodology of the United Nations Population Estimates and Projections, 2015, NY, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs Population Division.
Manakov A. G., Suvorkov P. E., Stanaitis S.
demographic forecast, population ageing, Baltic Sea region
Changes in the ethnic composition of the population of North- West Russia in the 18th -19th centuries
... Российской империи 1897 г. Распределение населения по родному языку, губерниям и областям. URL:
= (дата обращения 20.11.2015).
Manakov A. G.
historical geography, time slices, changes in the ethnic composition, population, North-West Russia
The influence of the border position of the Pskov region on the socio-cultural values of the population
... Изд-во КГУ, 2004.
сотрудничества. Вып. 17 (42): Регион в условиях глобализации / под ред.
А. П. Клемешева. Калининград: Изд-во КГУ, 2004.
border position, population identity, stereotypes, kinship and friendship, cross-border contacts, cooperation prospects, barrier type border, oppositional identity model