The trajectories of university education modernisation with the use of contemporary forms of international university cooperation
. The Developing World of Borderless Higher Education: Markets Providers, Quality Assurance and Qualifications. Paris, UNESCO, 2002.
University goes Bologna: Trends in Hochschullehre. Vienna, 2009.
Trade and Development Report 2003.
World Investment Report 2002.
Global Educational Digest. 2006.
Transborder regionalisation in the conditions of globalisation
Globalisation creates favourable conditions for the formation of transborder regions through enhancing communication. This process involves industrial, transport, trade and other enterprises as well as education, culture and research institutions, which develop multiple links. The formation of cross-border regions is facilitated by the regional policy of the European Union, which encourages the development of connections ...
Liability of legal entities for tax crimes according to the Russian and US legislations
This article considers the topical issue of introduction of criminal liability of legal entities for tax crimes in Russia. The authors analyse criminal liability of legal entities for tax evasion according to the US legislation.
1. Успенский А. В. Уголовная ответственность за уклонение от уплаты налогов по новому УК // Финансовые и бухгалтерские консультации. 1997. № 3.
2. Волженкин Б. В. Экономические преступления. СПб., 1999.
3. Наумов А. В. Российское уголовное право. Общая часть : курс лекций...
The theoretical aspects of adapting the Kaliningrad region’s economy to the WTO requirements
.... Присоединение России к ВТО: основные обязательства, возможные последствия : монография / под рук. С. Ф. Сутырина. СПб., 2012.
Ivchenko V., Demenok Ya.
World Trade Organisation, features of Kaliningrad regional economy as an exclave territory of Russia, special economic zones, a model of economic adaptation to the WTO requirements.
An analytical approach to the industrial composition of the Kaliningrad region’s economy
... socio-economic, and investment performance. It is concluded that the gross regional product shows steady growth, structural differences from the national average are insignificant, manufacturing produces the greatest output, and wholesale and retail trade is dominated by real estate operations.
1. Развитие экономики Калининградской области в ключевых показателях системы национальных счетов за 2012 год. Аналитическая ...
The English Theme on the Pages of N. M. Karamzin's Messenger of Europe (Vestnik Yevropy) in 1802—1803
... Россия и Запад. 1996. № 6.
England, the Messenger of Europe (Vestnik of Europe) journal, N. M. Karamzin, British rivalry with France, the Threaty of Amiens, debates in the British Parliament, maritime superiority of Britain, England’s world trade
Chapters of the institutional economic history of Königsberg/Kaliningrad
... (with a particular focus on the institutional development problems) of the former East Prussia from Antiquity to present days. The authors tackle the issues of the economic history of amber, the role of the Hansa League in the development of medieval trade, the QWERTY-effects in the rail gauge standards, and the peculiarities of the development of the Kaliningrad region in the post-Soviet period
Камни: мистика и реальность.
The prioritising of functional immunity criteria
In the course of establishing legitimate limitations and control over trade navigation in the open sea, the need to define the nature of vessel's activity is of utmost importance for the ascertainment of vessel's immunity. At the same time, today, the international legislator establishes two criteria of the commercial character ...
Baltic Factor in Russia-France Relations
... of the Russian Empire, Polish emigrants residing in France became the stumbling block for the development of Russia- France relations. The article explores the role of P. de Barante, Ambassador of France to Russia and describes France and Russia’s trade and economic interests in the Baltic Sea region. The authors conclude that the specificity of Russia-France bilateral relations became more apparent during the First and Second World Wars. However, the Baltic factor has lost its relevance over time....
On certain groups in the Soviet outbound tourism (on the example of the Kaliningrad region)
... define the functional aim and effectiveness of use of specialized tourist groups in the structure of outbound tourism in the Kaliningrad region. For this purpose, the author examines the available archive materials of the Kaliningrad Regional Council of Trade Unions and the Regional Council of CPSU (Communist Party of the USSR), analyzes relevant publications. Particular attention is drawn to the implementation of the mission of tourist groups aboard, following the specialized routs. The author identifies ...
Investment attractiveness of Russian enterprises from the perpsective of transnational corporations
... мирового хозяйства: учеб. пособ. М., 2006. C. 376.
5. Bartlett C. A., Ghoshal S., Beamish P. W. Transnational Management // Text, Cases, and Readings in Cross-Border Management. 5th ed. Irwin, 2008. P. 840.
6. Dunning J. H. Trade, Location of Economic Activity and the Multinational Enterprise // B. Ohlin, P.-O. Hesselborn, P. M. Wijkman (eds.). The International Allocation
of Economic Activity. London, 1977. P. 395—418.
7. Hymer S. The Large Multinational Corporation ...
The features of choosing an institutional development trajectory in Eastern Europe in the 16th—17th centuries: Moscovy and the Polish — Lithuanian Commonwealth
... [Powerproperty in medieval Russia], Ekonomicheskij vestnik Rostovskogo gosudarstven nogo universiteta=TERRA ECONOMICUS, Vol. 2, no. 4, p. 111—133, available at:http://sfedu.ru/evjur/data/2004/journal2.4.pdf (accessed 20 December 2010).
13. Doroshenko, V. 1974, Trade and agrarian development in the Baltic provinvs 15th—19th centuries, Tallin.
14. Skazkin, S. D. 1958, Osnovnye problemy tak nazyvaemogo «vtorogo izdanija krepostnichestva» v Srednej i Vostochnoj Evrope [The main problem of the so-called "second ...
The role of transit in the economy of Latvia
... results of an opinion poll conducted at Latvian transit enterprises regarding their future development and offers an overview of the main seaports and the Rīga international airport. The author examines the issue of Russia’s accession to the World Trade Organization and its impact on the Latvian transit, the prolongation of EU sanctions against Belarus, and the use of Latvian transport infrastructure for handling the non-military cargo traffic to/from Afghanistan. In conclusion, a forecast of ...
Finland’s policy towards the USSR in the 1980s—at the beginning of the 1990s in the Finnish historiography
... uhka-ja tulevaisuuskuvat 1989—1993. Pro gradu-tutkielma, Helsingin yliopisto, tammikuu 2014.
15. Rentola K. When to move? Finland and the Disintegration of the Soviet Union // Northern Europe in the Cold War, 1965—1990. East-West Interactions of Trade, Culture and Security. Aleksanteri Cold War Series. 2016. № 3. P. 268—286.
16. Seppinen J. Mahdottomasta mahdollinen. Suomen tie Euroopan unioniin. Jyväskylä, 2001.
17. Suomi J. YYA-sopimuksen voimassaoloajan ennenaikainen pidentäminen vuonna ...
The linguistic representation of subjective time in Florian Illies’s novel Generation Golf zwei
... temporal markers bus also various textual modifications of the ‘TIME – RESOURCE’ metaphor and the ‘TIME – EVENT’ metonymy. An important landmark in the life of the generation was September 11, 2001, the day of the terrorist attack on the World Trade Centre in New York. That day heralded a transition of German society from spiritual hibernation to a new mode of measuring historical time.
1. Бекишева Е. В. Репрезентация категории времени в медицинской ...
Localization of large business in coastal zones as a factor of transboundary clustering (on the example of the European part of Russia)
... dispersed forms in their development.
1. Agenda 21 of ocean geography // Geography, oceans and coasts towards sustainable development / Vallega A. [et al.]. (eds.) Milano, 1998. P. 17—116.
2. Pak A., Majd F. Integrated coastal management plan in free trade zones, case study // Ocean and Coastal Management. 2011. № 54. P. 129—136.
3. Green D. Issues in coastal zone management. UK: Thomas Telford Press, 2009.
4. Druzhinin Alexander G., Gorochnaya Vasilisa V., Dets Igor A. et al. Trans-aquatorial ...
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
... capitalism: features and results], digest of articles, Moscow, p. 11. (In Russ.)
5. Koroleva, A. V. 2016, Sostoyanie i perspektivy torgovo-ekonomicheskogo sotrudnichestva Rossii i Evropeiskogo soyuza v regione Baltiiskogo morya [Status and prospects of trade and economic cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the Baltic Sea region], PhD Thes., available at:
default/files/dissertaciya_koroleva.pdf (accessed 21.12.2016). (In Russ.)
6. Kulkov, V. M. 2014, Parameters ...
Russia’s energy geostrategy in the Baltic Sea region
... 9 January 2013).
12. Muzlova, G. 2012, Perspectivy morskogo eksporta nefti [Prospects of Marine Oil Exports], available at: URL: http://www. morvesti. ru/analytics/index. php?ELEMENT_ID=16641 (accessed 16 January 2013).
13. HSBC Global Connections Trade Forecast Update Russia, available at: available at: http://www. hsbc. ru/1/PA_1_1_S5/content/russia/about_us/news/pdf/ HSBC_Trade%20Forecast_Russia_Feb2012_en. pdf (accessed 16 January 2013).
14. Van der Meulen, E. F. 2009, Gas supply and EU-Russia ...
Historical memory in the age of globalization: the case of Russian- Estonian relations
... We Forget": The Politics of Memory and Australian Military Intervention, International Political Sociology, Vol. 4, no. 3, September, p. 287—302.
19. Needham, R. 1978, Primordial Characters, Charlottesville.
20. Ouellet, J. 2004, Authority, Trade and Ideas: Using Systems Theory to Understand Borders and Identity. In: Khudoley, K., Lanko, D. (ed.), Borders, Identities and Nationalism: Understanding the Relationship, St. Petersburg, p. 16—37.
21. Waltz, K. 1999, Globalization and Governance: ...
The Belarus Business Environment as Assessed by the Management of Leading Finnish Companies Operating in the Country
... Transparency International: Corruption Perceptions, 2012, available at: http://issuu.com/transparencyinternational/docs/cpi_2012_report?e=2496456/2010281 (accessed 14.09.2014).
20. UNCTAD: World Investment Report, 2014, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, available at: http://unctad.org/en/PublicationsLibrary/wir2014_en.pdf (accessed 14.09.2014).
21. Wetherley, P., Otter, D. 2008, The business environment: themes and issues, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
22. Worthington, I....
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
... remain outside the bloc. Russia, the legal successor of the USSR, is neither a NATO, nor an EU member. The authors explore similarities and differences between countries of the Baltic Sea region in terms of their territory, population, GDP, foreign trade turnover and the number of regular armed forces. The article stresses the importance of international cooperation in increasing the growth rates of economic development of all countries of the Baltic Sea region.
1. Gutnik, А. P. Kemeshev, А....
Framework for the Analysis of Geography of Transnational Corporations Investments Abroad
27. Schlunze, R. D. 1992, Spatial Diffusion of Japanese Firms in West Germany and West Berlin from 1955 to 1989, Geographical Review of Japan, Series B, Vol. 65, no. 1, p. 32—56.
28. Vernon, R. 1966, International Investment and International Trade in the Product Cycle, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 80, no. 2, p. 190—207.
Kuznetsov A. V.
foreign direct investments (FDI), transnational corporation (TNC), dynamic localisation concepts, geography of companies
Socially efficient entry barriers?
... institutsionalniy analiz [Administrative barriers in the economy: an institutional analysis], Moscow, IIF “Spros” KonfOP. (In Russ.)
2. Golovanova, S. V. 2014, Mezhdunarodnaya torgovlya i razvitie konkurentsii na natsionalnyh tovarnyh rynkah [International trade and the promotion of competition on national product markets], Moscow, TEIS. (In Russ.)
3. Golovanova, S., Shastitko, A. 2016, Intermediary: They Are Not What You Think They Are. Lessons in Economic Policy, Ekonomicheskaya Politika, no.1, p. 43—60....
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... 1979, Leningradskaya oblast' [Leningrad Region], 2nd ed., Leningrad. (in Russ.)
8. Istoricheskaya geografiya Rossii XVIII veka [Historical geography of Russia of the XVIII century], 1981, Part 1. Goroda, promyshlennost', torgovlya [Cities, industry, trade], Moscow. (in Russ.)
9. Historical towns of Russia: preservation and development, 2011, Anal. Report. Council of the Fed. Fed. SOBR. Russia. (in Russ.)
10. Istoricheskie goroda SSSR [Historical towns of the USSR. New and old], 1987, Moscow. (in ...
Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region
... management: integrated policies, 1993, OECD, Paris.
2. Green Paper. Towards a Future Maritime Policy for the Union: a European Vision for the Ocean, 2006, COM, no. 275 final, 7.6.2006.
3. Pak, A., Majd F. 2011, Integrated coastal management plan in free trade zones, a case study, Ocean & Coastal Management, no. 54, p.129—136.
4.Small, C., Nicholls, R. J. 2003, A global analysis of human settlement in coastal zones, Journal of Coastal Research, Vol. 19, no. 3, June 2003, p. 584—599.
5. Strategija ...
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... role of cross-border cooperation in the system of interregional interaction between border regions. We present a system of indices to describe cross-border specialization of interregional interaction in certain fields, namely investment, international trade, tourism, and migration. Cross-border specialization determines the role of cross-border cooperation in regional external relations. The empiric data we have gathered is used to develop and implement a pilot assessment of cross-border specialization ...
Russia’s energy policy in the Baltic region: a geoeconomic approach
... ru/upload/iblock/e68/Zhiznin%20Stanislav%20_7-17.pdf (accessed 22 March 2013).
4. Eurostat, available at: http://epp. eurostat. ec. europa. eu/portal/page/ portal/statistics/ search_dat abase (accessed 20 March 2013).
5. Vneshnjaja torgovlja [Foreign trade], Oficial'nyj sajt Goskomstata RF [Official site of Goskomstat of the Russian Federation], available at: http://www. gks. ru (accessed 20 March 2013).
6. Russia and EU-27: main statistics, Eurostat, available at: http://epp. eurostat.ec. europa....
The Amber Industry: Development Сhallenges and Combating Amber Trafficking in the Baltic Region
... article explores theoretical aspects of the legislative policy on combating illegal amber extraction and trafficking. The authors focus on the relevant law enforcement practices and hold that administrative sanctions for unauthorised amber extraction and trade are not fully effective in Russia. The authors stress the need for introducing criminal liability for a repeated offence and outline opportunities for using forensic gemological examination of amber and amber products.
1. Annual Social Report 2016,...
A Königsberg society of friends without Kant
... communication and leisure bringing together both nobility and aristocracy and ordinary curious citizens. The reasons behind this phenomenon were the geographical, geopolitical, and cultural and historical position of Königsberg — a large provincial trade and cultural centre of East Prussia. The focus of the article is the historical and documentary analysis of the group ‘portrait’ of the participants of Königsberg meetings described in the novel Lebensläufe nach aufsteigender Linie by Theodor ...
Opportunities and Challenges of Large Investment Projects in the New Economy: the Port of Ust-Luga
... informacija, snabzhenie, konkurencija [RISK: resources, information, procurement, competition], no. 1, Vol. 2, p. 645—650.
20. Ust' Luga: realizacija proekta kompleksnogo razvitija morskogo torgovogo porta [Ust Luga project of integrated development of sea trade port], 2012, 23 June,
Kingisepp-segodnja [Kingisepp-today], available at: http://www.xnetbbecbrbp5ahkja1ae7v.
xn--p1ai/news/publication-185/ (accessed 29. 03.2015).
21. Fedorov G. M., Korneevets V. S. 2009, Trans-Border Regions in the System ...
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
... Critical Perspectives and Perspectives on the Critical. In: Whitman, R. (ed.), Normative Power Europe: Empirical and Theoretical Perspectives, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, p. 226–247.
29. Meunier, S., Nicolaidis, K. 2005, The European Union as a trade power. In: Hill, C., Smith, M. (eds.), International relations and the European Union, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
30. Moravscik, A. 2002, The Quiet Superpower. Newsweek, 17 June, available at: http://www.princeton.edu/~amoravcs/commentary....
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... integracii na mirovoy turistskiy rynok [Tourist regional studies: the impact of regional integration on the world tourist market], Moscow, p. 176.
4. Bolychev, O., Gumenyuk, I., Kuznetsova, T. 2015, Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands, Balt. Reg., no.4 (26), p. 135—149. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2015-4-8.
5. Generalnaya shema razmescheniya ob’ektov I infrastruktury turizma v razvitie Shemy territorialnogo planirovaniya Respubliki ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... Development Report 2000. Human Rights and Human Development, 2000, available at:
23. Human Development Report 2005. International cooperation at a crossroads: Aid, trade and security in an unequal world, 2005, available at:
24. Human Development Report 2010 The Real Wealth of Nations: Pathways to Human Development, 2010,...
Russia-EU energy efficiency cooperation in the Baltic region: the untapped potential
A stereotypical understanding of EU-Russia energy relations is often reduced to trade in oil and natural gas, which downplays the importance of energy efficiency cooperation. Such cooperation is promoted within the Energy Charter and its Treaty, Partnership and Cooperation Agreement, Energy Dialogue, Common Economic Space, Partnership ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... 2014, Looking at the future of the mediterranean urban regions: demographic trends and socioeconomic implications, Romanian journal of regional science, Vol. 8, no. 2, p. 74—83.
3. Pak, A., Majd, F. 2011, Integrated coastal management plan in free trade zones, a case study, Ocean and Coastal Management, no. 54, p. 129—136.
4. Cohen, J. E., Small, Chr., Mellinger, A., Gallup, J., Sachsm J., Vitousek, P. M., Harold, A. 1997, Mooney Estimates of Coastal Populations, Science, New Series, Vol. 278,...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... geography of the world Ocean], Leningrad.
34. Agglomerations, 2014, City population, available at: http://www.citypopulation. de/ (accessed 12.04.2014).
35. Alexandersson, G., Norstrom, G. 1963, World shipping. An economic geography of ports and seaborne trade.
36. Couper, A. D. 1972, The geography of sea transport, London.
37. Maritime affairs, 2014, European Atlas of the Seas, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/atlas/maritime_atlas/#lang=EN;bkgd=5:0.75;mode=1;pos=11.754:53.652:4;theme=2:0....
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
..., A. F., Salvati, L. 2014, Beyond urban-rural dichotomy: Exploring socioeconomic and land-use processes of change in Spain (1991— 2011), Applied Geography, no. 55, p. 87—95.
19. Pak, A., Majd, F. 2011, Integrated coastal management plan in free trade zones, a case study, Ocean and Coastal Management, no. 54, p. 129—136.
20. Hilderbrand, L.P, Norrena, E. 1992, Approaches and progress toward effective integrated coastal zone management. In: Marine Pollution Bulletin, p. 94—97.
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
... "to the reserved places Lakeland." The official website of the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in the Russian Federation, available at:
(accessed 24.01.2017). (in Russ.)
16. The water route "Trade route Navinskogo merchant", available at:
(accessed 18.11.2016). (in Russ.)
17. Kaliningrad Region and Poland will develop a common tourist routes, available at:
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... 2007, Latyshi okazalis' mudree nas [Latvians have proved wiser], Biznes & Baltija [Business & Baltics], no. 113 (3236), June 15th.
31. Kozlov, О. 2014, Osobennosti vneshnetorgovyh svjazej stran Baltii i Rossii (1991–2012 gg.) [Features of foreign trade relations of the Baltic States and Russia (1991-2012], Vlast' [Power], no. 3.
32. Chetyrehmesjachnyj gruzooborot portov stran Baltii umen'shilsja na 6,4% [The four turnover of Baltic ports decreased by 6.4%], 2015, Buhgalterskie novosti [Accounting ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... York, Palgrave Mcmillan, 202 p.
50. Olejniczak, K. 2008, Mechanizmy wykorzystania ewaluacji Studium ewaluacji średniookresowych INTERREG III, Warszawa, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Scholar.
51. Pak, A., Majd, F. 2011, Integrated coastal management plan in free trade zones, a case study, Ocean and Coastal Management, no. 54, p. 129—136.
52. Paliepa, J. 2011, The origin of the Baltic and Vedic Languages Baltic Mythology Interdisciplinary Treatise, Bloomington, Author House.
53. Palmowski, T. 2003, Delimitacja ...
Electric energy cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and the role of Russia in it
This article examines cooperation in the electric energy sector in the Baltic region. The author explores the existing undersea HVDC power exchange projects. It is emphasised that cooperation in the electric energy sector is concentrated largely in the EU member states despite earlier plans to establish the Baltic energy ring, which would also include Russia and Belarus. The author stresses that one of the most acute problems for the EU today is overcoming isolation of the energy systems of the Baltic...