Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... On the other hand, the receiving society also faces a serious transformation as a result of the changing population size and structure, the emergence of new elements in culture, rules of behaviour, and the development of new attitudes.
1. Emelyanova,... ... Analiz prostranstvennoj mobil'nosti naselenija Kaliningradskoj oblasti i voprosy migracionnogo regulirovanija [Analysis of the spatial mobility of the population of the Kaliningrad region and the issues of migration control], Region sotrudnichestva [Region ...
‘Many years to the invincible’: The axiological meanings of the spatial and temporal images in Boris Pasternak’s poem ‘Neoglyadnost’/’ Spanlessness’
This article is an attempt to expose and analyse the chronotopical structure of Boris Pasternak's poem ‘Neogliadnost’/’Spanlessness’, written in 1944. The axiological meaning of spatiotemporal images in the poet's Weltanschauung is evaluated within a broader context of Russian language and culture. It is argued ...
Strategic opportunities for economic development of the Baltic Sea coastal zones and sea industrial and port complexes
Nowadays, one of the principal dimensions in attraction of the world economy structures is coastal territories as spaces where marine potential of a state is most pronounced. In this respect, it is vital ... ... of the efficacy of its marine economic complex development with using the indicator methods as a multi-factor and multi-level spatial system. The proposed system is applied to a complex analysis of coastal territories of the Russian Baltic, the estimation ...
Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region
... areas of Russia, Germany, and Poland and the entire territories of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. New spatial forms of international economic cooperation develop in the region. The region is not homogeneous in terms of socioeconomic ... ... there are certain differences in the areas and the intensity of international cooperation. The article sets out to identify structural characteristics of the Baltic Sea region. This requires studying practices of transnational and transboundary cooperation ...
Geography of inbound tourism and transboundary tourism-and-recreation region-building in Sweden
... Outdoor Recreation and Tourism, no. 17, p. 84—92. doi: 10.1016/j.jort.2017.01.003.
9. Petersson-Forsberg, L. 2014, Swedish spatial planning: A blunt instrument for the protection of outdoor recreation, Journal of Outdoor Recreation and Tourism, no. ... ... Sweden, Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, no. 33, p. 71–78. doi: 10.1515/bog-2016-0025.
11. Farsari, I. 2018, A structural approach to social representations of destination collaboration in Idre, Sweden, Annals of Tourism Research, no. 71,...
Coastal and western border centers in the system of large cities of modern Russia: socio-economic and innovation development.
... Kuznetsova T. Yu. The influence of the Sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region // Baltic Region. 2017. № 2. Р. 4—18.
20. Huang J., Lu X. X., Sellers J. M. A global comparative analysis of urban form: Applying spatial metrics and remote sensing // Landscape and urban planning. 2007. № 82 (4). Р. 184—97.
21. Limonov L. E., Nesena M. V. Structural and economic typology of large Russian cities // Regional Research of Russia. 2016. № 6 (2). Р. 144—155.
22. Mikhaylova A. A., Gorochnaya V. V. Innovation diffusion in coastal agglomerations of Western Russia // The 13th International ...
The Soteriological Aspect of the Murals in the Kaliningrad Cathedral of Christ the Saviour
The article explores the main principles behind modern church paintings. The author examines the key factors affecting the structure of mural paintings and pays special attention to their semantic content. The main objective of the analysis is to identify ... ... wisdom]. Moscow.
5. Lidov, A. M., 2009. Ierotopiya. Prostranstvennye ikony i obrazy-paradigmy v vizantiiskoi kul'ture [Hierotopy. Spatial icons and images-paradigms in Byzantine culture]. Moscow.
6. Losskii, V. N. and Uspenskii, L. A., 2014. Smysl ikon [Meaning ...
Lutheranism in Finland: past and present
The article focuses on the spatial and temporal differentiation of Lutheranism in Finland. The study aims to identify historical and geographical features ... ... religion tends to strongly affect the system of values and worldview prevalent in society. The article describes the administrative structure transformation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland. It is argued that Finnish Lutheranism emerged in 1923....
Moscow and its region: structural and functional transformations
... modern world. The author identifies the main trends as Moscow’s dependence on global geopolitical transformations, growing spatial and other forms of mobility resulted in a decline of its population’s reflection. At the same time, the Greater Moscow ... ... loses its social capital. The general outcome of this process may be seen in an intense merge of natural, social and technical structures that results in a transformation of modern mega-city into a very complex sociobiotechnical system (hereafter the SBT-system) ...
The image schema of “border” and its lexical representations in the Russian language: modifications of space
This article deals with the “border” concept, which is considered with the help of Russian language material from the cognitive point of view: as a prototypical spatial object and as a functionally important schema for the structuring of different parts of linguistic world image relating to space.
1. Бабенко Л. Г. Предисловие // Концептосфера русского языка: ключевые концепты и их репрезентации ...
«The images of water» in the structure of oniric spaciopoetics of K. Ishiguro’s novel «The buried giant»
The article is dedicated to the spatial organization of one of Ishiguro's latest novels "The Buried Giant". The authors focus on the process of changing of the aesthetic paradigm taking place in modern prose and affecting the foundations of its poetics. Special attention ...
An assessment of the ecological condition of Lake Vištytis using various hydrobiological indices
This paper presents the results of an assessment of the ecological state of Lake Vištytis using the most widely applied hydrobiological indices based on structural indicators of benthos. They include the Shannon index of species diversity, Pantle-Buck saprobity index, Balushkina chironomid index, Goodnight — Whitley oligochaeta index, Balushkina integral index, and Bakanov combined index. Spatial distribution maps were drawn for each indicator.
1. Балушкина Е. В. Оценка качества вод и состояния водоемов и водотоков Северо-Запада России по характеристикам ...
Demographic Ranking of the Baltic Sea States
... study lies in the acute need to modernise the tools for a more accurate and comparable reflection of the demographic reality of spatial objects of different scales. This article aims to test the methods of “demographic rankings” developed by Yermakov ... ... The method is based on the principles of indirect standardisation of the major demographic coefficients relative to the age structure.The article describes the first attempt to apply the method to the analysis of birth and mortality rates in 1995 and ...
The archetypal space of the palace in E. Zola’s novel «The Ladiesʼ Paradise»
... between current influences and generally valid archetypes. Special attention is given to the image of the Palace and to its spatial model, which works in the novel as a specific meaning-generating mechanism. The image of the Palace is viewed through ... ... for the second half of the XIX century. It is as well regarded in its archetypical function, which organizes the artistic structure of the novel. Besides, the archetypical function of the image of the Palace makes it possible to bring the text to a ...
Commodity flow model for an exclave region: Rent-seeking in the ‘transitional period’ of the special economic zone
... conceptual model of the regional economy’s functioning merely increasing the opportunities for rent extraction. The authors predict structural imbalances in the exclave economy at the microlevel, in particular, the article analyses the conceptual model of rent ... ... 20. Kolomak, E. 2013, Neravnomernoe prostranstvennoe razvitie v Rossii: ob'jasnenija novoj jekonomicheskoj geografii [Uneven spatial development in Russia: an explanation of the new economic geography], Voprosy jekonomiki [Problems of
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... international politics: to the question of modeling the process of regionalization, Studia Humanitatis Borealis, no. 1 (2), p. 30—41. (In Russ)
12. Lachininskii, S. S., Lachininskii, А. S., Semenova, I. V. 2016, The geoeconomic factor in formation of spatial structure of the St. Petersburg coastal area, Regional Research of Russia, Vol. 6, no. 4, p. 323—331.
13. Mezhevich, N. M. 2003, The Baltic region: constructivist specifics and political results. 2003, Megaregion — Network Confederation, available ...
Some aspects of time verbalisation in the English and Russian languages
... Quantitative Linguistics.1994. Vol. 1, № 3. P. 189—194.
30. Evans V. The meaning of time: polysemy, the lexicon and conceptual structure// Journal of Linguistics. 2005. Vol. 41, № 1. P. 33—75.
31. Haspelmath M. From space to time. Temporal Adverbials ... ... psychological and typological issues in cognitive linguistics. Amsterdam ; Philadelphia, 1999. P. 107—127.
37. Traugott E. C. Spatial expressions of tense and temporal sequencing: a contribution to the study of semantic fields // Semiotica. 1975. 15: 3....
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... state, region and a company or a university. This article considers the level of development of knowledge-based economy in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland at each of the three levels, as well as descripes the spatial differentiation of innovative activity within the Baltic region. The analysis is done on the basis of national and international research, as well as statistical data on the intensity of research and development, structure of research expenditure, human capital in the field of advanced technologies, and the methods of institutional support for innovative activity. The authors characterise the role of business, university, and authorities — which constitute the ...
The Development of Russian Social Geography: Challenges, Trends, Priorities
... and results of a multi-scale territorial social and economic dynamics, and the limits of the field (with its organizational structure, possibilities and practitioners desperately falling behind the times). The aim of this article is to analyze the post-soviet ... ... the community of social geography researchers, and points out the directions of future research: fundamental issues of Russian spatial planning, Russian positioning in both global and local (Eurasian) contexts.
1. Sushhiy, S. Ya., 1994, Ocherki geografii ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... the growing role of tourism and recreation in socioeconomic development and the persisting problem of the national economy’s spatial organisation amidst the absence of a clear-cut regional policy. The authors stress the discrepancy between the distribution ... ... Fedorov, G. M., Mikhailov, A. S., Kuznetsova, T. Yu. 2017, The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 9, no. 2, p. 4—18. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2017-2-1.
26. Carriere, F., Pinchemel,...
Identifying Key Stakeholder Groups for Implementing a Place Branding Policy in Saint Petersburg
... interests of stakeholder groups. It is essential to realize that each region is unique in its own way. Territories differ in the structure of stakeholders, their influence on regional development, and the range of leverages over regional decision-makers. ... .... 1, p. 1—18. DOI:
34. Silva Oliveira, E. H. 2015, Place branding in strategic spatial planning: A content analysis of development plans, strategic initiatives and policy documents for Portugal 2014—2020,...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
This article explores the current condition and spatial dynamics of the key socioeconomic processes in the coastal zone of the European subcontinent at the turn of the 20th century.... ... transports maritimes, Paris.
coastal regions, Europe, EU, socioeconomic development, maritime industry, territorial structure of economy, gross regional product, population
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... Leningrad, 342 p.
10. Gogoberidze, G. G. 2008, Struktura i svoystva morekhozyaystvennogo potentsiala primorskoy territorii [Structure and properties of marine economic potential of the maritime area], Vestnik Baltiyskogo federal'nogo universiteta im.... ... morskogo prostranstvennogo planirovaniya v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Possible applications of the principles of ICZM and marine spatial planning in the Russian Federation], Regional'naya ekologiya, no. 1—2, p. 141—144.
29. The Situation in Europe’s ...
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... morja v sinopticheskom diapazone prostranstvenno-vremennyh masshtabov [The dynamics of the Baltic Sea in the synoptic range of spatial and temporal scales], 2007, Saint Petersburg, Gidrometeoizdat, 354 p.
10. Ivanov, V. A., Pokazeev, K. V., Sovga, Ye. Ye.... ... 2006—2010 years.]
35. Federov, К. N. 1983, Fizicheskaja priroda i struktura okeanicheskih frontov [The physical nature and structure of oceanic fronts], Leningrad, Gidrometeoizdat, 296 p.
36. Chinapah, V., Lefsted, Ya.-I., Weiler, G. 1990, Razvitie ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... Środkowej // Biuletyn Geograficzny. 2002. № 1. P. 23—33.
57. Swiaczny F. Demographic change in Germany and reversal of spatial ageing patterns // Baltic Region. 2010. № 4 (6). P. 37—47.
58. Vallin J., Andreev E., Meslé F. et al. Geographical ... ... Środkowowschodniej 1989—2000. Pułtusk, 2005.
60. Yemelyanova L. L. International cross-border migration in South-East Baltic: factors, structure, consequences // Baltic Region. 2010. № 4(6). P. 55—64.
Baltic Europe, natural increase/decrease