Russian Socio-Economic Geography: Status, Challenges, Perspectives
... geografii [Modeling in the socio-economic geography], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky Journal], no. 19.
17. Nosonov, А. М. 2011, Teorii prostranstvennogo razvitija v social'no-jekonomicheskoj geografii [Theories of spatial development in the socio-economic geography], Pskovskij regionologicheskij zhurnal [Pskov regionologichesky Journal], no. 11.
18. Regiony Rossii. Osnovnye harakteristiki subektov Rossijskoj Federacii [Regions of Russia. The main characteristics of the Russian Federation],...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... real'nost' [Compression space: Myths and Reality]. In: Artobolevsky, S. S., Sintserov, L. M. (eds.), Szhatie social'no-jekonomicheskogo prostranstva: novoe v teorii regional'nogo razvitija i praktike ego gosudarstvennogo regulirovanija [Compression of the socio-economic area: a new theory of regional development and its practice of state regulation], Moscow, p. 32—48.
2. Edinyj gosudarstvennyj reestr pochv Rossii [Unified State Register of Russian soil], available at: http://atlas.mcx.ru/materials/egrpr/content.html (accessed 10.03.2015).
The territorial structure of productive forces of Russian North-West in the 2000—2010s
... 2007], 2007, Moscow, Federal State Statistics.
7. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli. 2010 [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators. 2010], 2010, Moscow, Federal State Statistics.
8. Rossijskij statisticheskij ezhegodnik 2010 [Russian ... ... Yearbook 2010], 2011, Moscow, Federal State Statistics.
Martynov Vasily, Sazonova Irina
North-West, productive forces, regional development, fixed capital assets, investments, income, standard of living
The Role of Tourism in the Development of Russia’s Northwestern Border Regions
... prigranichnyh territoriy: tradicii i innovacii [Strategy for development of border regions: tradition and innovation], Kursk, p. 230—235.
8. Koncepciya socialno-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya Leningradskoy oblasti na period do 2025 goda [The concept of the socio-economic development of the Leningrad region to 2025], 2013.
9. Kropinova, Ye. G., Zaitseva, N. A. 2015, Razrabotka scenariev razvitiya turizma v Kaliningradskoi oblasti do 2030 goda [Development scenarios for the development of tourism in the Kaliningrad region ...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
3. Gosudarstvennaja programma Rossijskoj Federacii «Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Kaliningradskoj oblasti do 2020 goda». Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva RF № 461-r ot 27 marta 2013 goda [State Program of the Russian Federation
«Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad region until 2020.» RF Government Decree № 461-r dated March 27, 2013], available at: http://gosprogrammy. gov.ru (accessed 10.01.2014).
4. Kaliningradskaja oblast' v cifrah [Kaliningrad Region in Figures], 2013, Kaliningrad,...
Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
... the country’s total area and 9.5 % of its population. This article aims to trace the patterns of city distribution across the region, to assess the conditions of differently populated cities and towns, and to identify sustainability trends in their socio-economic development. Population change is a reliable indicator of the competitiveness of a city. As a rule, a growing city performs well economically and has a favourable investment climate and high-paid jobs. The analysis revealed that population change occurred ...
Cross-border Specialization of Interregional Interaction: Applying New Assessment Methods
... cooperation of the Murmansk region (Government of the Murmansk region from 10.06.2008 N 263-PP)].
15. Programma social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Kaliningradskoj oblasti na 2007—2016 goda (Zakon Kaliningradskoj oblasti № 115 ot 28 dekabrja 2006 g) [Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad region in 2007—2016 years (KO Law № 115 of December 28, 2006)].
16. Programma social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Leningradskoj oblasti na period do 2013 goda i strategicheskoj perspektivy do 2025 goda (v stadii razrabotki,...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... the pre-perestroika and post-reform Russia], Sociologicheskie issledovanija [Sociological studies], no. 2, p. 25—32.
5. Gershanok, G. А. 2006, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja i jekologicheskaja emkost' territorii pri ocenke ustojchivosti ee razvitija [Socio-economic and ecological capacity of the territory in the assessment of the sustainability of its development], Jekonomika regiona [The region's economy], no. 4, p. 166—180.
6. Gosudarstvennyj doklad Minprirody Rossii "O sostojanii i ob ohrane okruzhajushhej sredy Rossijskoj Federacii v 2011 godu" [State report Ministry of Russia "On ...
Innovation centres as growth points for smaller towns and rural areas
... prospects of research and technology cooperation between Lithuania and the Russian Federation, Baltic Region, no. 2 (8), p. 55—63. doi: 10.5922/2079—8555—2011—2—6.
Belova Anna, Levchenkov Andrei
innovation centers, rural areas, small cities, socio-economic development
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... sciences, Moscow, Sovet po izucheniju proizvoditel'nyh sil (SOPS).
2. Baturova, G. V. 2011, Regional'nye morehozjajstvennye klastery kak osnova social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija primorskih territorij [Regional marine economic clusters as a basis of socio-economic development of coastal areas]. In: Zhyharevych, B. S. (ed.). Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii. Doklady uchastnikov IX Obshherossijskogo foruma «Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii» [Strategic planning in ...
Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad region
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
....shtml (accessed 12 August 2013).
12. Vinokurov, E.Yu. 2007, Teorija anklavov [Theory of Enclaves], Kaliningrad.
13. Gosudarstvennaja programma RF «Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Kaliningradskoj oblasti do 2020 goda» [Russian State program «Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad Region 2020»], 2013, available at: minregion.ru (accessed 16 August 2013).
14. Zverev, Yu. M. 2010, The Kaliningrad region: the characteristics of the 2008—2009 economic crisis and possible ways of overcoming it, Balt....
Semi-Medium-Sized cities of North-West Russia as drivers for regional development
The article discusses the semi-medium-sized cities (with a population from 20 to 50 thousand people) and their functions in five regions of the North-West Federal District of the Russian Federation; the socio-economic areas formed by the semi-medium-sized cities are clearly represented. As an example, five semi-medium-sized cities of the Kaliningrad region are considered, the role of each city in regional development and regional settlement system is revealed. The author analyses participation of the Kaliningrad semi-mediumsized cities in projects of cross-border cooperation; shows trends of territorial interaction between the semi-medium-sized cities ...
The development of a Russian-Polish cross-border region: the role of the Kaliningrad agglomeration and the Tri-City (Gdansk—Gdynia—Sopot)
... Baltic Federal University are playing an important role in the development of Russian—Polish relations. Although the intensity of cross-border ties has decreased in recent years amid tensions between Russia and the West, there is hope that bilateral socio-economic benefits will encourage the restoration and development of collaborations and the Russian—Polish cross-border region will continue to evolve.
Palmowski T., Fedorov G. M.
cross-border cooperation; cross-border region, Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad agglomeration, Tri-City, Gdansk, University of ...
Towards a Stable and Dynamic Economy in the Kaliningrad Region
... innovation potential of the Baltic Sea region countries, Balt. Reg., no. 2, p. 43—48. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2011-2-5.
9. Koncepcija dolgosrochnogo social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda [The concept of long-term socio-economic development
of the Russian Federation for the period till 2020], 2009, Russian Ministry of Economic Development, available at: http://economy.gov.ru/minec/activity/
sections/fcp/rasp_2008_N1662_red_08.08.2009# (accessed 06.01.2015).
10. Kuzmin, D. ...
The Development of Russian Social Geography: Challenges, Trends, Priorities
... culture in the social geography: expert opinions, analysis, concepts],Rostov-on-Don, 536 p.
15. Druzhinin, А. G., Shuvalov, V. E. (eds.), 2010, Teorija social'no-jekonomicheskoj geografii: sovremennoe sostojanie i perspektivy razvitija [The theory of socio-economic geography: the current state and prospects of development], Collection of materials of the international scientific conference, Rostov-on-Don, 2010, 4—8 May, Rostov-on-Don, 475 p.
16. Karaganov, S., Makarov, I. 2015, Povorot na Vostok: itogi i zadachi [Turning to the East: results and objectives],...
Сultural landscapes and socio-economic conditioning of modern landscape development
... interpretation of ordinary landscapes: geographical essays. N. Y., 1979. Р. 164—192.
42. UNESCO. URL:
(дата обращения: 11.03.2017).
cultural landscape, cultural-landscape zoning, socio-economic conditioning, landscape development
Application of dimension reduction methods in objects homogeneity evaluation: airport network analysis
An application of dimension reduction methods in the analysis of the phenomena of socio-economic systems by analyzing the choice of direction of development of socio-economic development is considered. In particular it is shown that the use of algorithms dimension reduction methods the probability of error when estimating posterior probabilities of belonging to the class of homogeneous objects, obtained in the ...
Geopolitical turbulence and its economic and geographical projections: the case of Russia’s western border regions
The socio-economic development of countries and world regions during recent decades has been affected by the confrontation of global and regional centres of power, their growing geoeconomic and geopolitical rivalry, accompanied by increasing geopolitical turbulence. The ...
Socioeconomic typology of Russia’s coastal regions
... Leningrad, p. 148-161.
5. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli 2002 [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators in 2002], Moscow, Rosstat , 863 p.
6. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli. 2014 [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators. 2014], Moscow, Rosstat , 900 p.
7. Friedmann, J. 1967, A general theory of polarized development, Ford Foundation, Urban and Regional Development Advisory Program in Chile.
8. Klemeshev, A., Fedorov, G. 2005, From an isolated exclave – to a “development corridor”. Alternative development strategies of the Russian exclave on the ...
Monotowns: A Quantitative Analysis
... available at: http://www. ufz-kemerovo.ru/home/informaciya/statistika. aspx (accessed 27.01.2016).
3. Zakon «O territorijah social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija v Rossijskoj Federacii » ot 29 dekabrja 2014 g. № 473-FZ [The law "On Territories of socio-economic development in the Russian Federation" dated 29 December 2014 # 473-FZ], 2014.
4. Zubarevich, N. V. 2010, Regiony Rossii: neravenstvo, krizis, modernizacija [Regions of Russia: the inequality crisis, modernization], Moscow, 160 p.
5. Indeks cen ...
Exclavity as a challenge and a resource for foreign positioning of the Kaliningrad region
The exclusive position of the Kaliningrad region is a fundamental geopolitical factor in its socio-economic and socio-cultural development. Given the region’s foreign positioning, exclavity is both a challenge and a resource. Guided by the principles of factor analysis, through the method of principal components, the author puts forward several theses regarding the possibilities ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... 01.02.2017). (In Russ.)
4. Baklanov, P. Ya. 1987, Formation of aqua-territorial economic complexes and areas in the Far East. In: Primorskie regiony: geograficheskie i sotsial'no-ekonomicheskie problemy razvitiya [Primorye regions: geographical and socio-economic development problems], Vladivostok, p. 84—93. (In Russ.)
5. Bezrukov, L. A. 2008, Kontinental'no-okeanicheskaya dikhotomiya v mezhdunarodnom i regional'nom razvitii [Continental-oceanic dichotomy in international and regional development], Novosibirsk....
Typological differences between the coastal regions of Russia's Western borderlands
... identified (according to the selected typological features reflecting the main natural and socio-economic characteristics of the regions) then GRP level, structure and growth rates were considered. The analysis resulted in the overall assessment of the socio-economic situation in regions of different types. Considering the typological features of the regions, the prospects for their future development based on the strengthening of the coastal factor are outlined.
Fedorov G. M.
coastal region, coastal position, gravitational force of the sea, development factor, typology of regions, west of Russia
The historical and geographical evolution of the enclavity of the Kaliningrad region
... to solve the problems of the only Russian exclave region in view of the experience of its historical “predecessors”.
1. Vinogradova, M. V. 2007, Osobennosti social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Vostochnoj Prussii v 1933—1939 [Features of the socio-economic development of East Prussia in 1933—1939], Kaliningradskie arhivy [Kaliningrad archives], Vol. 7, Kaliningrad, p. 149—160.
2. Vinokurov, E. Ju. 2007, Teorija anklavov [The theory of enclaves], Kaliningrad, Terra Baltika.
3. Vostochnaja Prussija. S ...
Structural and Functional Characteristics of the Spatial Development of Rural and Urban Areas in the Northwestern Economic District
....novreg.ru/ (accessed 24.01.2014).
6. Koncepcija dolgosrochnogo social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Rossijskoj Federacii na period do 2020 goda (utverzhdena rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva RF ot 17 nojabrja 2008 g. N 1662-r) [The concept of long-term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020 (approved by governmental decree on November 17, 2008 N 1662-r)], 2008, available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_law_90601/?frame=1 (accessed 24.01.2014).
7. Lappo, G. М....
Assessment of the Socio-economic Development of Russian Regions: an Overview of Approaches
... administrative, ranking and scientific ones. Each type of assessment has its own parameters – the subject of assessment, frequency, tools, specific methodology, and others. The authors stress the necessity of a more systemic approach to assessing the socio-economic development of the Russian Federation based on the principles of sustainable development.
1. Социально-экономические показатели РФ в 1991—2016 гг. URL:
Improving Human Resource Training Policy for the Balanced Economic and Demographic Development of the Kaliningrad Region
... Development Tool or Institutional Trap? Baltic Journal of Economics, Vol. 13, no. 2, p. 113—130.
19. Fedorov, G. 2014, The concept of geo-demographic situation and geo-demographic typology of the subjects of the Russian Federation, Bulletin of Geography, Socio-economic Series, no. 25, Toruń, Nicolaus Copernicus University Press, p. 101— 114. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12775/BGSS.2014.032.
20. Klemeshev, A., Fedorov, G. 2005, From an isolated exclave — to a “development corridor”. Alternative development strategies of the Russian exclave on the Baltic Sea, Kaliningrad, 194 p.
human resources, professional education, economy, economic and demographic problems, exclave region, balanced development
The project "Greater Eurasia" among the factors of development of the exclave of the Kaliningrad region
... economic-statistical, economic-cartographic and graphoanalytical analysis — and critically reviews a wide body of literature on the problem. It is shown that the exclave position of the Kaliningrad region makes it difficult to justify a long-term strategy of its socio-economic development. Most of the previously developed strategies were based on export and / or import-substitution, proceeding from the advantageous geographical position in the coastal zone and the region’s proximity to economically developed countries and ...
Human Resource Efficiency as a Development Factor for the Kaliningrad Economy
... geodemographic typology of the subjects of the Russian Federation. In: Shimańska, D. and Środa-Muravska, (ed.) Bulletin of Geography., Socio-economic Series, no. 25, p. 101—114. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12775/BGSS.2014.032.
18. Fedorov, G., Korneevets, V., ... ... Russia in the transborder region South-Eastern Baltic, Coastal Regions, no. 19, 68 p.
human resources, economic development, economic and demographic relations, Kaliningrad region, economy restructuring
Factors and features of innovative development of the Republic of Crimea
... innovative development of a region is the essential condition for increasing its competitiveness. The reintegration of the Republic of Crimea into the Russian Federation requires considerable efforts aimed at overcoming external geo-economic barriers in socio-economic development, as well as at revitalizing the economic activities of enterprises, including production highly demanded innovative items. Given the new information concept of the Republic of Crimea the paper attempts to analyze the features of territorial ...
Current Issues in the Geodemographic Studies in Russia
... goda. Odobrena rasporjazheniem Pravitel'stva Rossijskoj Federacii ot 24 sentjabrja 2001 goda N 1270-r [Concept of Demographic Development of the Russian Federation for the period until 2015. Approved by the Federal Government on September 24, 2001 N 1270-p],... ... 129—136.
14. Osnovnye pokazateli social'no-jekonomicheskogo polozhenija Rossijskoj Federacii v 2012 godu [The main indicators of socio-economic situation of the Russian Federation in 2012], 2013, Rossijskaja gazeta, 13 March.
15. Praktikum po geodemografii ...
The coastal factor in spatial development programmes for the municipalities of the Kaliningrad region
... settlement system, which incorporates both the growing cities of the Kaliningrad agglomeration and areas of low population density, the latter located primarily along the bays. These circumstances determine what effect the coastal factor has on the socio-economic development of a certain municipality in the Kaliningrad region. We believe that the municipalities that use this factor to a limited degree do not fully realise the potential of their geographical location. Alongside employing other development resources,...
Intensification of Russian role in trans-border cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
Cross-border cooperation between administrative and municipal districts enlarges fast in the Baltic Sea macroregion. Intensification of Russian regions’ participation in such cooperation as well as formation of trans-border socio-economic systems may shift their development to the innovative type.
Oding N. Yu., Fedorov G. M.
transborder cooperation, Baltic Sea macroregion, innovative
development, cooperation, euroregions, integration, recipient, pan-European economic space.
The boundaries of the territorial community
... Technological dynamism in industrial districts: An alternative approach to industrialization in developing countries? N. Y. ; Geneva, 1994. P. 91—142.
37. Becattini G. The industrial district as a creative milieu // Industrial Change and Regional Development / ed. by G. Benko, M. Dunford. L., 1991. P. 102—114.
38. Becattini G. The Marshallian industrial district as a socio-economic notion // Industrial Districts and Inter-firm Cooperation in Italy / ed. by F. Pyke, G. Becattini, W. Sengenberger. Geneva, 1990. P. 37—51.
39. Bellandi M. Decentralized industrial creativity in dynamic industrial districts // Technological ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... [Southern seas of the USSR: geographical problems of research and development], Leningrad, p. 39—50. (In Russ.)
25. Druzhinin. A. G. (ed.) 2016, Sotsial'no-ekonomicheskoe razvitie primorskikh territoriy Evropeyskoy chasti Rossii: faktory, trendy, modeli [Socio-economic development of coastal areas of the European part of Russia: factors, trends, models], Rostov-na-Don, 236 p. (In Russ.)
26. Romanenko, A. A. 2005, Seaports, transport fleet and shipbuilding in Russia. In: Morekhozyaystvennyy kompleks Rossii [Seaports,...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... organisation makes it possible to take into account not only the organisational features of the network itself, but also their connections to the related contextual conditions. It is an integrated approach, thus, it makes it possible to forecast the development of a certain network form in case of a change in the conditions or factors affecting it.
1. Alaev, E. B. 1983, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija: ponjatijno-terminologicheskij slovar' [Socio-economic geography: conceptual and terminological dictionary], Moscow, 350 p.
2. Baklanov, P. Ya. 2009, Territorial'naja struktura hozjajstva i jekonomicheskoe rajonirovanie [The territorial structure of the economy and economic zoning]. In: Shkirina,...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... district in Russian-Finnish research cooperation], Balt. reg., no. 3 (13), p. 161—168. doi: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-3-11.
22. Strategija social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Severo-Zapadnogo federal'nogo okruga na period do 2020 goda [Strategy for Socio-Economic Development of the North-West Federal District 2020], available at: http://minregion.ru/activities/territorial_planning/strategy/federal_development/szfo/ (accessed 6 January 2013).
23. Transgranichnoe sotrudnichestvo [Cross-border cooperation], available ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... coastal areas], Vestnik Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. I. Kanta [Vestnik Immanuel Kant State University of Russia], no. 3, p. 31—42.
40. Anuchin, V. A. 1982, Geograficheskiy faktor v razvitii obshchestva [The geographical factor in the development of society], 334 p.
41. Druzhinin, A. G. 2011, Ot gumanizatsii k neogumanizatsii rossiyskoy sotsial'no-ekonomicheskoy geografii: trendy, problemy, prioritety [From the humanization to a neo-humanization of oRussian socio-economic geography: trends, challenges, priorities], Yuzhno-rossiyskiy forum: ekonomika, sotsiologiya, politologiya, sotsial'no-ekonomicheskaya geografiya, no. 1, p. 34—51.
42. Druzhinin, A. G. 2004, Ekonomicheskiy potentsial primorskoy zony: ...
Innovation Capacity of Russia and the Baltics: a Comparative Approach
... (Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 20.12.2012 N 2433-r) [On approval of the state program of the Russian Federation, "The development of science and technology" for 2013—2020 (Decree of the RF Government of 20.12.2012 N 2433-p)], legal-reference ... ... legal-reference system "GARANT".
16. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli. 2011 [Regions of Russia. Socio-economic indicators. 2011], 2011, Moscow, Rosstat.
17. Regiony Rossii. Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli. 2012 [Regions ...
The aderoid factors in the development of the Kaliningrad region
... Social'no-ekonomicheskaja geografija: ponjatijno-terminologicheskij slovar' [Social and economic geography: the conceptual and terminological dictionary], Moscow.
2. Fedorov, G. М. 2008, Social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie Kaliningradskoj
oblasti [Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad region], Kaliningrad, Izdatelstvo RGU im. I. Kanta.
socioeconomic development of the Kaliningrad region, development factors, aderoid factors
Cross-Border Cooperation in the Kaliningrad region: Problems and Prospects
... Kaliningrad region have fundamentally changed. There is a tendency towards strengthening the neighborhood policy. The already gained extensive and varied experience of the participation of the Kaliningrad region in the IN-TERREG Programme contributed to the socio-economic development of the region. The new financial tools should be linked to the regional development strategies of the neighboring territories. Efficient use of both Russian and the EU funds will help develop a new technology for regional development of North-West ...
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... crossborder cooperation programmes, expert interviews, and relevant analytical reports. Special attention is paid to programme-based interregional and cross-border cooperation as the most efficient form of collaboration for accelerating integration and socio-economic development in border areas. Based on their evaluation of the major achievements, the authors conclude that Russian-Polish cross-border cooperation has been successful. Yet, there is a need for developing a long-term empirical model of Russian-Polish ...
Cross-border cooperation between nongovernmental organisations in the Pomeranian and Warmian-Masurian voivodeships
... Województwa Pomorskiego [Marshal Office of the Pomorskie], 30.11.2012, available at: http://urzad. pomorskie. eu/pl (accessed 15 February 2013).
18. Strategia rozwoju społeczno-gospodarczego województwa pomorskiego na lata 2005—2020 [Strategy for socio-economic development for years Pomeranian 2005—2020], 2011, Urząd Marszałkowski Województwa Pomorskiego [Marshal Office of the Pomorskie], 30.11.2011, available at: Pomorskiego. http://urzad.pomorskie. eu/res/umwp/dokumenty/srwp_tekst_jednolity_ostateczny_180705....
Innovative development priorities of the major coastal agglomerations of the European part of Russia
... regional innovation systems. The study focuses on the agglomerations in 5 coastal regions of Russia: Murmansk, Arkhangelsk, Kaliningrad, Rostov regions, and Krasnodar Territory. The author evaluates the place of coastal and inland agglomerations in the socio-economic and innovation-technological space of the sample regions and determines the development priorities in the aspect of prominent innovation demand and its role in the regional innovation strategy. It is revealed that the coastal agglomerations concentrate a significant innovation potential of the coastal regions, and their size ...
In pursuit of an innovation development trajectory of the Kaliningrad region
... date back to the Soviet period, paying particular attention to the subsequent change in the framework conditions. I show that a new innovation trajectory requires taking into account the economic and geographical position of the region, its level of socio-economic development and economic specialization. My findings could contribute to both improving the national policy on managing innovation processes in Russian regions and developing the concept of regional innovation systems as regards research into their life ...
Institutional support for the strategic management of regional development
... system-and-function-based methodology for institutional support for strategic management of regional development. The author offers an empirical analysis and proposes recommendations for updating and establishment of institutions of strategic management of socio-economic development at the federal and regional levels.
1. Лопатников Л. И. Экономико-математический словарь. М., 2003.
2. Новиков К. Добрый совет // Российская газета. 2011. 17 нояб....
Innovative development of Russian coastal regions: north–south divergence
Coastal regions are territorial social systems whose socio-economic and innovative development is strongly influenced by the factor of coastalisation. The effect of movement to the sea determines the dynamics of settlement systems as well as their economic and infrastructure development. This holds for transport, logistics, information ...
The assessment of labour demand of Russian economy in view of the prospective regional socio-economic development
... outlining the needs of Russian regions for additional inflow of migrant workers. It is necessary to take into account both the contemporary socioeconomic situation in the regions and their prospective opportunities for accelerated transition
to innovative development. The article offers a system of indices and a scheme of the assessment of Russian economy's labor demand. With the help of the methodology developed, the constituent entities of the Russian Federation are ranked on the basis of priority of ...