Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... 2012, Rossijskij gorod v uslovijah kapitalizma: social'naja transformacija vnutrigorodskogo prostranstva [Russian city in the conditions of capitalism: social transformation intra space], Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta, Ser. 5. Geography, no. 2, p. 26—31.... ... [Geography], no. 48.
12. Nefedova, T. G. 2008, Rossijskaja periferija kak social'no-jekonomicheskij fenomen [Russian periphery as a socio-economic phenomenon], Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 5(20), p. 14—31.
13. Nefedova, T. G. 2003, Sel'skaja ...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
... customs privileges planned for 2016 form the basis for the import substitution manufacturing and will significantly affect the conditions of regional economy development. Implementation of the Strategy for the Socioeconomic Development of the Region will ... ... do 2020 goda». Rasporjazhenie Pravitel'stva RF № 461-r ot 27 marta 2013 goda [State Program of the Russian Federation
«Socio-economic development of the Kaliningrad region until 2020.» RF Government Decree № 461-r dated March 27, 2013], available ...
Trends in population change and the sustainable socio-economic development of cities in North-West Russia
... District is a Russian macro-region that is a unique example of a model region. It accounts for 10 % of the country’s total area and 9.5 % of its population. This article aims to trace the patterns of city distribution across the region, to assess the conditions of differently populated cities and towns, and to identify sustainability trends in their socio-economic development. Population change is a reliable indicator of the competitiveness of a city. As a rule, a growing city performs well economically and has a favourable investment climate and high-paid jobs. The analysis revealed that population ...
Russian Northwest: An integral Assessment of the Conditions of Regional Social, Environmental and Economic Systems and Quality of Life
... Prirodno-klimaticheskie i bioklimaticheskie uslovija zhizni naselenija Murmanskoj oblasti [atural and climatic and environmental conditions of life of the population of the Murmansk region], Izvestija RAN. Serija geograficheskaja [Izvestiya RAN. Series of ... ... Gershanok, G. А. 2006, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja i jekologicheskaja emkost' territorii pri ocenke ustojchivosti ee razvitija [Socio-economic and ecological capacity of the territory in the assessment of the sustainability of its development], Jekonomika ...
Сultural landscapes and socio-economic conditioning of modern landscape development
... interpretation of ordinary landscapes: geographical essays. N. Y., 1979. Р. 164—192.
42. UNESCO. URL:
(дата обращения: 11.03.2017).
cultural landscape, cultural-landscape zoning, socio-economic conditioning, landscape development
The development of a Russian-Polish cross-border region: the role of the Kaliningrad agglomeration and the Tri-City (Gdansk—Gdynia—Sopot)
... border were virtually non-existent. There were, however, favourable physical, geographical, economic, social, and ekistical conditions for the development of a cross-border region. Since the early 1990s, cooperation between administrative units and municipalities,... ... cooperation programmes have become major contributors to cross-border region-building. On either side of the border, there are socio-economic nodes between which axes of cross-border interaction are emerging. The most powerful axis is the Tri-City (Gdansk-Gdynia-Sopot) ...
Human Resource Efficiency as a Development Factor for the Kaliningrad Economy
... specificheskih territorial'nyh uslovij [Balance model of regional development management: challenges and opportunities for specific site conditions], Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 3 (45), p. 126—135.
2. Gareev T. R., Yeliseeva N. A. 2014, ... ....zakonprost.ru/content/base/226 (accessed 10.10.2014).
13. Regiony Rossii: Social'no-jekonomicheskie pokazateli [Regions of Russia: Socio-economic indicators]: 2013, 2013, Moscow, 990 p.
14. Scenarnyj prognoz formirovanija i ispol'zovanija trudovyh resursov ...
Factors and features of innovative development of the Republic of Crimea
The innovative development of a region is the essential condition for increasing its competitiveness. The reintegration of the Republic of Crimea into the Russian Federation requires considerable efforts aimed at overcoming external geo-economic barriers in socio-economic development, as well as at revitalizing the economic activities of enterprises, including production highly demanded innovative items. Given the new information concept of the Republic of Crimea the paper attempts to analyze the features ...
The concept of “network” in the system of basic concepts of regional economic geography
... organisational features of the network itself, but also their connections to the related contextual conditions. It is an integrated approach, thus, it makes it possible to forecast the development of a certain network form in case of a change in the conditions or factors affecting it.
1. Alaev, E. B. 1983, Social'no-jekonomicheskaja geografija: ponjatijno-terminologicheskij slovar' [Socio-economic geography: conceptual and terminological dictionary], Moscow, 350 p.
2. Baklanov, P. Ya. 2009, Territorial'naja struktura hozjajstva i jekonomicheskoe rajonirovanie [The territorial structure of the economy and economic zoning]. In: Shkirina,...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... conditions for their formation and development are described in view of contemporary geoeconomic trends. The author examines the conditions and prospects for the formation of marine cross-border clusters in the key segments of Russia’s coastal zone.
... ... geographic terminology.], Moscow, 189 p.
23. Gorkin, A. P. (ed.), 2013, Sotsial'no-ekonomicheskaya geografiya: ponyatiya i terminy [Socio-Economic Geography: the concepts and terms], Smolensk, 328 p.
24. Anikeev, V. V. 2012, Gradostroitel'nye aspekty razvitiya ...
The boundaries of the territorial community
The study clarifies the concept of spatial networking inherent of various forms of interactions within the territorial socio-economic system of a region. The author offers a classification of spatial networks, identifies and describes types of spatial ... ... communities: geographic, organizational, cognitive, cultural, institutional, social and technological. The complex of factors and conditions that influence the dynamics of the boundaries of spatial networking are defined.
1. Анимица Е. Г., Шарыгин ...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... employ some of the parameters proposed in the Strategy for the Economic Security of the Russian Federation until 2030. I also use other parameters pertinent to the evaluation of the state of an economy amid geoeconomic uncertainty, in this case, in the conditions of the crisis of 2014—2016, brought about by both external and internal factors. I employ the concept of the triad of regional economic competitiveness, regional economic security, and sustainable regional socio-economic development. I believe that this triad does not only demonstrate the logic of the current and prospective development of a Russian region but also highlights weaknesses and opportunities for future development. The competitiveness of Saint ...
Cross-border cooperation between nongovernmental organisations in the Pomeranian and Warmian-Masurian voivodeships
... November 2012).
20. Strategia rozwoju społeczno-gospodarczego województwa warmińsko- mazurskiego do 2020 r. [Strategy for socio-economic development of the Warmia-Mazury to 2020], 2012, Portal Wrota Warmii i Mazur Cyfrowy Urządu [Portal Gates of Warmia ... ... Wojewodztwa_Warminsko_-_Mazurskiego/ (accessed 15 February 2013).
21. Kondycja III sektora województwie pomorskim Raport z badan [The condition of the third sector Pomorskie research report], 2012, p. 3. Midwig. pomorskie. eu,2.11.2012, available at: http://midwig....
The history of the integration between Russia’s Kaliningrad region and Poland’s northeastern voivodeships: A programme approach
... programme-based interregional and cross-border cooperation as the most efficient form of collaboration for accelerating integration and socio-economic development in border areas. Based on their evaluation of the major achievements, the authors conclude that Russian-Polish ... ... of the many-years’ collaboration between the Kaliningrad region and the Polish voivodeships.
1. Alla Ivanova: The best conditions for maintaining security are creating a climate of confidence, 2016, Government of the Kaliningrad Region, available ...
Russia's accession to the WTO as an important factor of the country's integration into the world economy
... to the assessment of preparedness of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation for functioning in the new economic conditions based on the algorithm of choosing a system of indicators, as well as the organisation of enterprise monitoring according ... ... ekonomicheskoj teorii [Journal of Economic Theory], no. 2(19), p. 142—153.
3. Social'no-ekonomicheskoe polozhenie Rossii: stat. sb [The socio-economic
situation in Russia: a statistical compendium], 2000—2010, Мoscow.
4. Russian Federation Federal State Statistics ...
Socio-spatial differentiation in transition: a preliminary comparative analysis of post-soviet St Petersburg and Riga
... aspect, recent literature focuses on the hybrid nature of the post-socialist urban space, which underwent transformation in the conditions of globalization and eco-nomic liberalization; the earlier model of spatial development changed dramatically as a result.... ... shed new light on the complex patterns of urban socio-spatial differentiation and its post-Soviet dynamics. Growing regional socio-economic imbalances observed in the former socialist states are lending new urgency to this area of research. This study ...
The assessment of labour demand of Russian economy in view of the prospective regional socio-economic development
... the assessment of Russian economy's labor demand. With the help of the methodology developed, the constituent entities of the Russian Federation are ranked on the basis of priority of engaging qualified migrants in the innovation economy development conditions.
о развитии человека — 2009. Преодоление барьеров: человеческая мобильность и развитие.
Доклад Программы развития ООН (ПРООН) ...
In pursuit of an innovation development trajectory of the Kaliningrad region
... change in their functioning mode. In this work, I analyse the current structure of the Kaliningrad regional innovation system, of which some elements date back to the Soviet period, paying particular attention to the subsequent change in the framework conditions. I show that a new innovation trajectory requires taking into account the economic and geographical position of the region, its level of socio-economic development and economic specialization. My findings could contribute to both improving the national policy on managing innovation processes in Russian regions and developing the concept of regional innovation systems as regards research ...
The Tourist and Recreation Potential of Historical Cities in North-West Russia
... been curtailed. This study provides a rationale for a more efficient use of the tourist and recreational potential to boost the socio-economic development of Russia’s historical cities. The article describes problems of the cities’ development using ... ... an example. The authors explore factors behind the formation of a new development strategy for historical cities and analyse conditions necessary for the efficient exploitation of the historical cities’ tourism and recreation potential. The findings ...
Measuring performance of cultural organizations on the data of the envelopment analysis
... 2. P. 258—268.
5. De Witte K., Geys B. Evaluating efficient public good provision: Theory and evidence from a generalised conditional efficiency model for public libraries // Journal of urban economics. 2011. Vol. 69, № 3. P. 319—327.
6. Charnes ... ... Mignosa A., Rizzo I. Are public state libraries efficient? An empirical assessment using network Data Envelopment Analysis // Socio-Economic Planning Sciences. 2018. URL:
. org/10.1016/j. seps.2018.01.001 (дата обращения: 10.01....
Land Use Policy and Land Management in Estonia
2. Lambin, E. F., Meyfroidt, P. 2010, Land use transitions: Socio-ecological feedback versus socio-economic change, Land Use Policy, Vol. 27, no. 2, April, p. 108—118. DOI: 10.1016/j. landusepol.2009.09.003.
3. The law ... ... zemel'nymi resursami v usloviyakh mnogoobraziya form sobstvennosti na zemlyu [Theory and methods of land resources management in conditions of the variety of forms of land ownership], Moscow. (In Russ)
9. Bogdanov, V. L., Garmanov, V. V., Zasyad'-Volk, ...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
... developing PPP mechanisms on a unique Russian territory — the Kaliningrad region. The article analyses current investment risks, conditions, barriers, and avenues to enhance the investment climate in the Kaliningrad region. The authors utilise data on current ... ... Projects Support Platfor, mavailable at
. (accessed 25.11.2016). (in Russ.)
27. On territories of advancing socio-economic development in the Russian Federation: Federal law dated 29.12. 2014 No 473-FZ (as amended on 13.07.2015), 2015,...
Geopolitical development potential of the Russian exclusive region: search for key strategy and mechanisms for its implementation in new conditions
The challenges of regional strategic development planning for contemporary Russia are of major socio-economic and political importance. With regard to the Kaliningrad region since when it was established, the problem of choosing a development strategy has always been and remained an urgent issue. Especially sharply, it arose with a change in ...
Spatial planning in the European Union and the Russian Federation
... safety; 9) encouragement of highquality, sustainable tourism. An efficiency analysis of these principles showed that the level of their application for ensuring sustainable development differs. It is a result of the significant differences in natural and socio-economic conditions of sustainable development in these countries, as well as different experiences and traditions in the space-time dimension. In most EU countries, ministries of spatial planning were established as early as the 1960s; in the Russian Federation,...
The Denominational Space of Modern Sweden: Christianity
... Chelyabinsk. (In Russ.)
12. Zudov, Yu. V. 2005, Evangelical Lutheran Church of Denmark: history, structure and contemporary condition, Severnaya Evropa: Problemy istorii [Northern Europe: Problems of History.], no. 5, p. 213—233. (In Russ.)
13. Andreeva,... ... typology of European countries, Sotsialno-ekonomicheskaya geografiya. Vestnik Assotsiatsii rossiyskich geografofobschestvovedov [Socio-economic geography. Bulletin of the Association of Russian social geographers], no. 1(4), p. 67. (In Russ.)
Measuring social well-being in the rural areas of the Kaliningrad region
... Nefedova, T. G. 2012, Osnovnye tendencii izmenenija social'no-jekonomicheskogo prostranstva sel'skoj Rossii [Major trends in the socio-economic space of rural Russia], Izvestija Rossijskoj akademii nauk. Serija geograficheskaja
[Bulletin of the Russian ... ... changes of rural areas in Lithuania, available at: www.ageconsearch. umn (accessed 09.12.2013).
21. Social and environmental conditions in rural areas. reper to…, 2004, available at: sei. se. relu (accessed 09.12.2013).
22. Social isolation experienced ...
Federal Repatriation Programme in the Kaliningrad region: an Assessment of Risks and Opportunities
... psihologicheskaja adaptacija lichnosti v sovremennyh uslovijah [Economic, social and psychological adaptation of the individual in modern conditions], Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference, Voronezh.
5. Emelyanova, L. L., 2012, Sootechestvenniki ... ... results and new challenges], In: Migracija i social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie stran regiona Baltijskogo morja [Migration and socio-economic development of the Baltic Sea Region], Proceedings of the International Conference, Kaliningrad.
10. Itogi Vserossijskoj ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... razvitiya regiona: matematiko-metodicheskoe obespechenie i ego eksperimental'naya aprobatsiya [Identification of priorities for socio-economic development of the region: mathematical and methodological support and its experimental approbation], Moscow. (in ... ... Rubanov, I. N., Tikunov, V. S. 2007, On the methodology for assessing the index of human development and its use in Russian conditions, Geograficheskii vestnik [Geographical Bulletin], no. 1—2, p. 57—72. (in Russ.)
9. Sakharov, О. N. 2014, Human ...
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... Emelyanova, L. L. (eds.), 2008, Migracija i social'no-jekonomicheskoe razvitie stran regiona Baltijskogo morja [Migration and
socio-economic development of the Baltic Sea Region], Kaliningrad, p. 56—75.
3. Emelyanova, L. L. Kretinin, G. V. 2008, Formirovanie ... ... planirovanija razvitija territorii Kaliningradskoj oblasti i ee chastej [The population of the Kaliningrad region. Demographic conditions justify territorial complex schemes of urban development planning in the Kaliningrad region and its parts], Kaliningrad....
The Kaliningrad region in Polish scientific research
12. Chełminiak, M., Kotowicz, W., Modzelewski, W. T. 2006. The Polish-Russian Cross-Border Cooperation. Institutional Conditions and Perspectives of Regional Development. In: T. Palmowski, Y. Matviyishyn (red.). Problems of Regional Development ... ... stulecia. Olsztyn.
36. Komornicki, T. 1995. Przegląd Geograficzny, N 1—2.
37. Komornicki, T. 2003. Spatial Dimension of the Socio-economic Connections Between Poland and the Kaliningrad District of the Russian Federation. In: T. Palmowski, G. Fedorov,...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
During the last 25 years, the economy of the Baltic States has been developing in the conditions of sovereignty, both de facto and de jure. This period has been sufficient to identify regular patterns in the national ... ... faktory demokratizacii v kontekste politicheskih transformacij na postsovetskom prostranstve [The theory of modernization and socio-economic factors of democratization in the context of political transformations on the post-Soviet space], available at: ...