Determination of suitability of network intrusion detection rules and their mathematical evaluation
... method for upgrading the component composition of intrusion detection systems has been redesigned. A method of mathematical evaluation of the suitability of the rules for detecting network attacks is considered.
Podtopelny V. V., Vetrov I. A.
risk, information system, network attack, network intrusion, module
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
.... 17—32. doi: 10.1080/20430795.2018.1498617.
20. Zimmerman, R., Brenner, R., Abella, J. L. 2019, Green infrastructure financing as an imperative to achieve green goals, Climate, vol. 7, no. 3, p. 39—52. doi: 10.3390/cli7030039.
21. Environmental Risk Analysis by Financial Institutions — a Review of Global Practice, 2016, An Input Paper for the G20 Green Finance Study Group, UNEP, available at:
Analysis of contextual mental health factors in adolescent girls and women of fertile age
... significant threat to mental health, can cause difficulties in adaptation, can become a trigger mechanism for psychopathologies, and also affect the disorders, exacerbating the female problems.
Kazantseva N. V., Kinal E. N.
psychopathology, risk factors, mental health, stress
Features of preparation of an active audit of information security of the process control system
... active audit of automated process control systems when they work together with other systems are indicated. The features of determining the parameters of a secure audit of multi-level APCS are considered.
Vetrov I. A., Podtopelny V. V.
audit, risk, information systems, automated information system of technological processes, vulnerability
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... and Burlington, Ashgate.
40. Estrin, S., Kolodko, G. W., Uvalic, M. (eds.) 2007, Transition and Beyond: Essays in Honor of Mario Nuti, Basingstoke and New York, Palgrave Macmillan.
41. Noelke, C. 2008, Social Protection, Inequality and Labor Market Risks in Central and Eastern Europe. In: Kogan, I., Gebel, M., Noelke, C. (eds.) Europe Enlarged: a Handbook of Education, Labour and Welfare Regimes in Central and Eastern Europe, Bristol, Policy Press, p. 63—96.
42. Lokshin, M., Ravallion, M. 2000,...
European and Eurasian integration: similarities and differences
... disengaging? EU environmental policy and Brexit // Environmental Politics. 2019. Vol. 28 (2). P. 271—292. doi: 10.1080/09644016.2019.1549774.
8. Leruth B., Ganzle S., Trondal J. Differentiated Integration and Disintegration in the EU after Brexit: Risks versus Opportunities // JCMS-Journal of common market studies. 2019. Vol. 57, № 6. P. 1383—1394. doi: 10.1111/jcms.12957.
9. Трещенков Е. Ю. Евразийская модели интеграции: пределы соизмеримости ...
On the problem of modeling the strategic behavior of states in geoeconomics
.... N. Y., 1990.
27. Thaler R., Sunstein C. Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health, Wealth and Happiness. Yale University Press, 2008.
28. Tversky A., Kahneman D. Advances in prospect theory: Cumulative representation of uncertainty // Journal of Risk and Uncertainty. 1992. Vol. 5, № 4. P. 297—323.
Neverov A. N., Markelov A. Yu.
economic behavior, behavioral geoeconomics, state, strategic behavior, economic and psychological factors, routines.
Kantian Approaches to Human Reproduction: Both Favourable and Unfavourable
... 1999. Wrongful Life, Procreative Responsibility, and the Significance of Harm. Legal Theory, 5(2), pp. 117-148.
Singer, P. and Cavalieri, P., eds. 1993. The Great Ape Project: Equality Beyond Humanity. London: Fourth Estate.
Weinberg, R., 2016. The Risk of a Lifetime: How, When, and Why Procreation May Be Permissible. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
anti-natalism, human procreation, Kant, duties to others, duties to oneself, imperfect duty, perfect duty, procreation ethics, pro-natalism, teleology
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... Academy of National Economy and Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation, July, 2020, Moscow, available at:
(accessed 07.08.2020) (in Russ.).
10. Zubarevich, N. 2020, Regional risks of a new crisis for employment and regional budgets. In: Gurevich, V. S., Kolesnikov, A. V. et all. (eds.) Monitoring ekonomicheskoi situatsii v Rossii: tendentsii i vyzovy sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya [Monitoring the economic situation ...
Economic security of the Russian-Ukrainian border regions of the Russian Federation in modern conditions
... discourse, the study built the picture of intraregional perception of the current and potential threats to economic security, compared with the results of long-term statistical observation aimed at identifying the components and factors of economic risks in the regions.
Gorochnaya V. V.
economic security, geo-economic turbulence, border regions, Krasnodar region, Rostov region, Voronezh region, Belgorod region, Kursk region
Attitude to economic development issues as a feature of the sociological profile of the population in the Smolensk region border areas
... focuses on territorial interests as one of the fundamental concepts of social geography which reveal both objective and subjective character. The primary territorial interest of the region is the efficient economic development, while losses and risks are minimal. The population opinion poll conducted in the Smolensk region identifies the priority areas in economic and social policy. The article also points out to the difference in opinions of the population and the political elite of the ...
Clusters in the system of economic and innovation development of agriculture in the Rostov Region and the Krasnodar Region
... R&D in the industry. The lack (despite the presence of formal strategies for regional and cluster development) of consensus on interaction in the industry and its development strategy was revealed. The cluster development component runs some certain risks in regulations. The authors indicate actual vectors of the development process. The obtained results can be used in working out the mechanisms for regional economic policy in the agro-industrial clustering.
Gontar N. V., Gorochnaya V. V.
Inclusive education in Russia and the Baltic countries: a comparative analysis
... countries of the Baltic region (Poland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Norway, and Russia). We present a SWOT analysis of the development of inclusive education in different countries and analyse its strengths and weaknesses, risks, threats, and challenges from a political, economic, and technological perspective. In our analysis, we dissociate the issue of inclusive education from the problem of teaching learners with disabilities and examine the political, economic, social,...
Some Aspects of Economic Security of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region under Conditions of Geo-Economic Uncertaint
... economic security of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region amid the geo-economic uncertainty observed since 2014. The object of the study is the economic and technological sustainability of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region given geo-economic risks and growing challenges to economic security. To evaluate the economic security of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region, I employ some of the parameters proposed in the Strategy for the Economic Security of the Russian Federation until 2030....
One Belt - One Road Initiative: A Window of Opportunity for Russia’s Western Border Regions
... humanitarian affairs, and foreign policy. In this article, we will highlight the key geoeconomic and geopolitical aspects of the One Belt — One Road initiative implementation, based on the Chinese and Russian studies. Another goal is to weigh up the risks and benefits associated with the extension of the project to Russian territories. Special attention is paid to Russia’s western borderlands — 17 regions that account for 8.6 % of the country’s territory, 17.4 % of the total GRP, and 20.8 % ...
The Functional and the Instrumental in Market Definition: a Laboratory for Natural Experiments in the Baltics
... specificity, uncertainty, and frequency, the very organisation of this activity precludes transaction cost minimisation through the price mechanism employed either in full or in part (hybrid institutional agreements). This can be explained by excessive risks and ensuing high transaction costs. A more efficient solution is the organisation of interactions within a group of legal entities in control (within a single economic entity). In order to compare the practical implementation of institutional alternatives,...
The Role of Public Companies in Creating a Platform for Economic Growth in Saint Petersburg
... surveyed managers from 70 Russian non-public companies, who confirmed the hypothesis that businesses are interested in investing in the earning assets (securities) of other companies to receive interest (dividends). The respondents tend to associate the risk of such investments with the issuer’s corporate control and corporate governance, which often fall short of best practices. The authors conclude that there is a need to improve knowledge of corporate relations, which affect competitiveness and ...
The pattern of electromagnetic fields of industrial frequency in the central area of Kaliningrag city
... действия электромагнитных полей. Л., 1973.
10. Directive 2004/40/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the Minimum Health and Safety Requirements Regarding the Exposure of Workers to the Risks Arising from Physical Agents (Electromagnetic Fields) // Official Journal of the European Union, L184. 2004. Vol. 30, № 4. P. 1—9.
11. Guidelines for Limiting Exposure to Time‐Varying Electric and Magnetic Fields (1 Hz — 100 kHz) // Health ...
ASTP Information Security Audit Issue
... // Технологии безопасности. 2012. № 2. С. 46—49.
9. Farsi M., Barbasa M. CANopen Implementation Applications to Industrial Networks. Research Studies Press, 2000.
Khvatov D. A., Kovtun A. I., Podtopelny V. V.
audit, risk, information systems, automated information system of technological processes, vulnerability
A level of being informed of population on questions of diabetes mellitus is basis of prophylaxis of disease
... and 4.6 % of respondents do not have information regarding DM at all. Thus, according to the results of the sociological study the population of the Kaliningrad region needs more information on diabetes. Raising public awareness of diabetes risk factors and preventive measures, and especially giving this information to young people, is a necessary strategy aimed at preserving and improving the health of regional population.
1. Алгоритмы специализированной ...
Case study: treatment of a patient with Т- cell lymphoma (delta-gamma-variant)
In this article, we present a clinical case of a patient with T-cell lymphoma (delta-gamma variant) complicated by neuroleukemia. We performed a differential diagnosis from other lymphoproliferative diseases. Our diagnosis was based on trepanobiopsy and immunophenotyping data: delta-gamma-T/NK-cell lymphoma, hepatolienal form. The first NHL-BFM 90 protocol block was obtained. We performed a whole body PET/CT scan and a myelogram to confirm the diagnosis. Since therapy was ineffective, we conducted...
The moving boundaries of news translation
... Multilingual Newsflows. Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies, 6(3), pp. 463—483. 10.1386/ajms.6.3.463_1.
Pym, A., 2004. The Moving Text: Localization, Translation and Distribution. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Pym, A. and Matsushita, K., 2018. Risk Mitigation in Translator Decisions. Across Languages and Cultures, 19(1), pp. 1—18. 10.1556/084.2018.19.1.1.
Quandt, T. and Singer, J.B., 2009. Convergence and Cross-Platform Content Production. In: K. Wahl-Jorgensen and T. Hanitzsch, eds. The ...
Ergonomics and the translation process
... Studies, 4 (3), pp. 342—357.
Pym, A., 2011. What technology does to translating. Translation & Interpreting, 3 (1), pp. 1—9.
Pym, A., 2013.Translation skill-sets in a machine-translation age. Meta, 58 (3), pp. 487—503.
Pym, A., 2015.Translating as risk management. Journal of Pragmatics, 85, pp. 67—80.
Risku, H., 2002. Situatedness in Translation Ttudies. Cognitive Systems Research, 3, pp. 523—533.
Risku, H., 2014. Translation process research as interaction research: From mental to socio-cognitive ...
Consilience or fragmentation in Translation Studies today?
Translation Studies has branched out into a heterogeneous interdiscipline during the past few decades. This development is not only the result of the emergence of different kinds of translation practices, research questions and new technologies, but also of different epistemological and ontological assumptions about the object of study. Four major areas are outlined: linguistic, cultural, cognitive and sociological. Connections between them are briefly discussed, but the main tendency has been...
Shore ground monitoring methodology
... P., Jentsch A. Handbuch des deutschen Dünnenbaues. Berlin, 1900.
15. Bobykina V., Karmanov K., Chubarenko B. Morphodynamics of the shores of the Vistula Spit (the Baltic sea) in a period of 2002—2015 by results of in-situ measurements // Managing risks to coastal regions and communities in a changing world : Proc. Intern. сonf. EMECS'11-SeaCoasts XXVI (Saint-Petersburg, 22—27 August, 2016). Saint-Petersburg, 2016. doi: 10.21610/conferencearticle_58b4315ec153d.
16. Bobykina V. P., Stont Zh. ...
Accidental Detection of Cardiac Lipomas
... woman (57 y. o.) was referred to echocardiography because of arrhythmia and a cardiac lipoma was accidentally detected. This case is of interest due to the rarity of this cardiovascular disease. The patient was not treated surgically because of high risks associated with such a treatment. This case emphasizes the importance of meeting the standards of specialized medical care when atrial fibrillation and flutter are concerned.
1. Андрущук В. В., Островский Ю. П., Жарков ...
Suspended Particulate Matter Distribution Along the Northern Coast of the Kaliningrad Peninsula
..., Krechik V., Sivkov V. Suspended matter concentration alongside the northern coastline of Kaliningrad region (south-eastern part of the Baltic Sea) // EMECS'11 SeaCoasts XXVI. August 22—27, 2016, St. Petersburg, Russia. Joint conference. Managing risks to coastal regions and communities in a changing world. Abstract Book. St. Petersburg, 2016. P. 145.
14. Cyberska В., Krzyminski W. Extention of the Vistula water in the gulf of Gdansk // Proc. 16th Conf. of the Baltic Oceanographers. Kiel, 1988....
Macroalgae Suggested for Inclusion in the New Edition of the Red List of the Kaliningrad region
... of central Europe. Bd. 13. Chlorophyta: Ulvophyceae (Krienitz L. ed.). Berlin, 2018.
25. Siemińska J., Bąk M., Dziedzie J. et al. Red list of the algae in Poland // Red list of plants and fungi in Poland. Krakow, 2006. P. 35―52.
26. Sub-regional risk of spill of oil and hazardous substances in the Baltic Sea // Additional Study — Polish marine areas, 2011. Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007— 2013. 2011. January.
27. Urbanyak J., Sugier P., Gąbka M. Charophytes of the Lubelsczyzna region (Eastern ...
Urban Planning Development and Seismic Safety Provision in the Kaliningrad region
... the Baltics, Finland, some parts of Poland and Belarus, and even in Saint Petersburg. Earthquakes occurred on the territory of today’s Kaliningrad — in the city of Konigsberg — in 1803 and 1904. For many years, the Kaliningrad region’s seismic risks were underestimated. We stress the importance of not only the architectural and planning solutions but also that of their compatibility with the ground and geomorphology situations. All of this translates into a safer living environment.
1. Уломов ...
Fairy tales as a psychotherapeutic method to develop resilience in students with special needs
... psychological attitudes in students with special needs. When used in psychotherapy, fairy tales affect the psychophysical condition of such students and contribute to resilience, i. e. greater control of one’s actions and more conscious attitude to risks and challenges.
1. Вачков В. И. Сказкотерапия: развитие самосознания через психологическую сказку. М., 2001.
2. Дзенская притча «Перевоплощение»....
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... The authors describe major catalysts and immanent inhibitors in coastal zones. The former include a high density of coastal economies, proximity to international markets, and better logistics and communications. The inhibitors comprise geopolitical risks and institutional barriers. It is shown that the potential and prospects of transboundary clustering are affected by both global integration and disintegration patterns, coastal infrastructure, geopolitical and geoeconomic ‘neighbourhood’, cultural ...
Approaches to the Definition of the Baltic Sea Region
... available at:
. asp?Action=Details&Item=485 (accessed 17.07.2017).
28. ESPON (European Observation Network, Territorial Development and Cohesion, 2013, ESaTDOR European Seas and Territorial Development, Opportunities and Risks, report 25 April, available at:
29. Fedorov, G.M, Korneevets, V.S, Tarasov, I. N., Chasovskiy, V. I. 2016, Russia among ...
Minimising Investment Risks Through Optimising Public-Private Partnership: The Case of the Kaliningrad Region
This study undertakes a contextual analysis of economic and legal risks associated with investment in the Kaliningrad region. The authors emphasise the importance of public-private partnership (PPP) in minimising such risks in order to enhance the region’s attractiveness and to solve development problems. PPP has ...
The morphological features of the renal corpuscles in laboratory mice during a soluble silicon compound experiment
... and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Labor. Occupational Exposure to Respirable Crystalline Silica. Final rule. Fed Regist. 2016. Vol. 81(58). P. 16285—16890.
27. Osborne C. A., Jacob F., Lulich J. P. et al. Canine silica urolithiasis. Risk factors, detection,treatment, and prevention // Vet. Clin. North. Am. Small Anim. Pract. 1999. Vol. 29(1). P. 213—230.
28. Rathnamali B. G., Samarajiwa G., Abeyratne D. D. et al. Acute kidney injury following ingestion of plate developer (sodium ...
Integrated approach to the event frame analysis
... Thompson. Berkley, 1975. P. 123—131.
15. Fillmore C. Frame semantics // Linguistics in the morning calm: Selected papers from SICOL — 1981. Seoul, 1982. P. 111—137.
16. Fillmore C. J., Atkins B. T. Toward a Frame-based Lexicon: The Semantics of RISK and its Neighbors. Frames, Fields and Contrasts // New Essays in Semantic and Lexical Organization eds. A. Lehrer, E. Kittay. Hillsdale, 1992. P. 75—102.
17. Jackendoff R. Semantic Structures. Cambridge, MA, 1990.
18. Jackendoff R. The architecture ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... considered. The author identifies numerous factors and explores prospects of the further coastalisation of population in the Kaliningrad and Leningrad regions and Saint Petersburg. The author argues that against the background of increasing socioeconomic risks — particularly due to the change in Russia’s geostrategic priorities — the coastal zones remain crucial to the new configuration of the country’s settlement system.
1. Kasanko, M., Barredo, J. I., Lavalle, C., McCormick, N., Demicheli,...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... Change in Portugal: 1960—2000, In: Pinto, A. C. Contemporary Portugal Politics, society and culture, N. Y., p. 159—182.
33. Blackburn, S., Marques, C. 2013, Mega-urbanization on the coast. In: Pelling, M., Blackburn, S. Megacities and the Coast: risk, resilience andtransformation, L., N. Y., p. 25—26.
34. Database Eurostat, available at: ec. europa.eu/eurostat/web/transport/data/database (accessed 01.02.2017).
35. Friedmann, J. 1967, A general theory of polarized development. Ford Foundation....
Interdepartmental collaboration for the prevention of drug addiction in young people: general conclusions and recommendations
The article describes the results of a drug abuse survey in Krasnodar Krai. Special attention is paid to several risk groups: students of comprehensive schools, higher and vocational education institutions and colleges. The authors suggest a set of measures aimed at developing interdepartmental collaboration for the prevention of drug addiction among youth.
The role of the family physician in the implementation of the interdisciplinary approach to specialized primary dental care
... research method, which allows them to determine the feasibility of introducing the interdisciplinary approach. Delegating some of the advisory and diagnostic functions to a general practitioner (family doctor) has its strengths and weaknesses. It has risks of reducing the quality of primary and secondary dental care. However, this approach provides new opportunities for early diagnosis of dental as well as many systemic diseases. In general, this approach helps minimize the volume and cost of primarily ...
Epidemiology of tuberculosis in the Kaliningrad region
... Роспотребнадзором 11.06.2007 № 0100/5973-07-34). URL:
(дата обращения: 21.09.2016).
tuberculosis, endemic, epidemiological process, indicators, risk factors, incidence rate, multidrug resistance
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... changes in the political and economic situation in the EU’s southern borderlands made the current legal mechanisms incapable of withstanding new threats. It necessitates a radical reform of the legislation on irregular immigration.
1. Frontex Annual Risk Analysis 2015, 2015, available: http://frontex.europa.eu/assets/Publications/Risk_Analysis/Annual_Risk_Analysis_2015.pdf (accessed 09.06.2015).
2. Communication from the Commission on Policy priorities in the fight against illegal immigration of ...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
... economic and military resources but also legitimation ‘resources’ using their prestige to support the belief of local residents that there is no alternative to the current political system of social organisation. Legitimacy deficit increases the risks of a rift between political elites in the Baltic States, which can become a prologue to a deep political crisis. In these conditions, compensatory mechanisms cannot be considered as targeted exclusively at broad social strata. They are also aimed ...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... Backgrounder, no. 2851, The Heritage Foundation.
8. Colomer, J. 2007, Great Empires, Small Nations. The Uncertain Future of the Sovereign State, Routledge.
9. Di Paola, G., Shirreff, R., Heisbourg, F., Szatkowski, T., Keller, P., Tamnes, R. 2016, Alliance at Risk Strengthening European Defense in an Age of Turbulence and Competition, Atlantic Council.
10. Fisher, M. 2015, How World War III became possible, Vox, June 29, available at:
11. Future ...
Land Use Change and Economics of Land Degradation in the Baltic Region
... and Eastern Europe, FAO and ISRIC, Rome, Italy.
10. Dedkov, V., Nikitina, S. 2015, Nature Management Conflicts in the Kaliningrad Region, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol 6, no. 6, p. 7.
11. Jackowski, W. 1998, Assessment of soil erosion risk in Poland, available at:
% 20Poland.pdf (accessed 10.04.2016).
12. Reintam, L., Karblane, H., Petersell, V. 2000, Short report on SOVEUR status in Estonia, Batjes N ...
A semiotic approach to construction of information systems in the field of security
... А. В., Стефанюк В. Л. Динамические интеллектуальные системы // Искусственный интеллект и принятие решений. 2008. № 1. С. 4—14.
semiotic systems, risk and threats models, knowledge extraction, artificial intelligence, decision support systems, expert systems
An analysis of possible damage of electrical devices by thunderstorm activity on the model of cloud-to-ground discharge
The present work is devoted to analysis of the risk of impact of electric energy of thunderstorm activity on the electrical devices, including home appliances, located in areas with low-rise buildings and in rural areas.
1. Базелян Э. М., Райзер В. П. Физика молнии ...
Pathogenesis, symptoms and clinical course of the involutional and endogenous depression
The author uses longitudinal observation to identify risk factors, pathogenesis and clinical characteristics of the senile and endogenous depression in women. It is noted that a comparison of clinical characteristics
1. Плотников С. М. К патогенезу, клинике и терапии ...
Implementation of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) code and amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS 74/78) for ship-building
... boats, weak states, dirty money: the challenge of piracy. N. Y., 2009.
19. O’Day A. (ed.) Weapons of Mass Destruction and Terrorism. Trowbridge, Wiltshire, 2004.
20. Pallis A., Vaggelas G. Enhancing port security via the enactment of EU policies // Risk management in port operations, logistics and supply-chain security / ed. K. Bichou, M. Bell, A. Evans. L., 2007. P. 303—334.
21. Roach J. Proliferation Security Initiative (PSI): Countering Proliferation by Sea // Recent Developments in the Law ...
Industrial Parks as an Instrument of Import Substitution Policy in the Region
The article analyses trends of industrial development in the Kaliningrad region in the context of import substitution policy, as well as main features of formation and development of industrial parks. The author structures potential risks of their functioning and described measures of diminishing the probability of negative consequences.
1. О Концепции развития промышленности Калининградской области на период до ...
Application of the gravimetric method in the study of paleoincisions on the territory of the Kaliningrad region
... morphometric analysis of tunnel valleys in the eastern North Sea based on 3D seismic data // Journal of Quaternary Science. 2007. Vol. 22. P. 815—901.
17. Smit F. W. H. Buried glacial valleys as drinking water reservoirs: An assessment on function and risks in their role as drinking water reservoirs in the icemarginal landscape of northern Europe, 2011.
18. Thomsen R., Søndergaard V. H., Sørensen K. I. Hydro-geological mapping as a basis for establishing site-specific groundwater protection zones ...