Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development
..., E., Williams, J. 1992, An Alternative Factor-analytic Approach to Aggregation of Input—Output Tables, Econiomic Systems Research, no. 4(3), p. 245―256.
36. Pickernell, D., Rowe, P., Christie, M., Brooksbank, D. 2007, Developing a Framework for Network and Cluster Identification for Use in Economic Development Policy-Making, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, no. 19, p. 339―358.
37. Porter, M. 2003, The Economic Performance of Regions, Regional Studies, Vol. 37, no. 6—7, p. 549—578.
38. Rugman, A., Verbeke, A. 2003, Multinational Enterprises and Clusters: An Organizing Framework,...
A Situational Approach to Strategic Management and Monitoring of Regional and Urban Development
... Geography of Economic Governance, Die Erde, Vol. 140, no. 4, p. 371—390.
7. Taylor, P. J. 2001, Specification of the World Cities Network, Geographical Analysis, no. 2, p. 181—194.
8. The Economist. World in Figures, 2011, available at: http:// www.economist.... ... http://ww2.unhabitat.org/programmes/guo/documents/urban_indicators_guidelines.pdf (accessed 11 October 2012).
region, city, territorial development, strategy, monitoring, objective tree, life cycle
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... delovykh tsentrov sub"ektov Rossiiskoi Federatsii za rubezhom: metodicheskie rekomendatsii [Creation and development of a network of information business centers of the subjects of the Russian Federation abroad: methodical recommendations], St. Petersburg,... ... Timiryasova, A. V., Kramin, T. V. 2014, Quantitative assessment of the impact of international competitiveness factors in Russian regions, Aktual'nye problemy ekonomiki i prava [Actual problems of economics and law], no. 1, p. 156—165. (in Russ.)
The Kaliningrad Region as a Potential Coastal Transport Cluster
... presented in this article is the justification of the need for modernising the information and organisational elements of the regional transport complex alongside modernising the transport system infrastructure.
1. Tanaka K. Transport geography in Japan ... ... in Belgium //Ibid. 2013. № 29. P. 108—110.
3. Martí-Henneberg J. European integration and national models for railway networks (1840—2010) // Ibid. № 26. P. 126—138.
4. Kuhnimhof T., Buehler R., Wirtz M. et al. Travel trends among young ...
Geopolitical and Geo-economic Changes in the Baltic Sea Region at the Turn of the XX—XXI centuries
... Rossii i Evropejskogo soyuza na puti k stroitel'stvu Obschego `ekonomicheskogo prostranstva [Regions of Russia and the European Union on the way to construction of the Common Economic Space], Moscow, 112 p. (In Russ.)
8. Mezhevich, N. М. 2003, Baltic region: constructivist specifics and political results, Megaregion — Network confederation, available at:
. ru/articles_text_6.htm (accessed 12.02.2016). (In Russ.)
9. Mezhevich, N. 2016, Kretinin, G., Fedorov, G. 2016, Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region, Balt. Reg., Vol....
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
... focuses on the role of innovative types of tourism in the regional development of territories in the case of the Kaliningrad region. The current approaches to defining tourism innovations in Russian and international studies are not comprehensive and ... ... replaces innovative development. However, it is important to take into account other innovative tools: for instance, interactive network museums in developing innovative tourist attraction objects, e-marketing in introducing innovations in tourist product ...
Social and Economic Space Compression in Border Areas: the Case of the Northwestern Federal District
... sessii jekonomiko-geograficheskoj sekcii MARS [Materials XXI annual session of economic and geographic section MARS], Belgorod-Kharkov, 5—7 June 2004, Moscow, p. 82—85.
21. Rodoman, B. B. 2010, Setevye i anizotropnye geograficheskie prostranstva [Network and anisotropic geographical areas]. In: Artobolevsky, S. S., Sintserov, L. M. (eds.), Szhatie social'no-jekonomicheskogo prostranstva: novoe v teorii regional'nogo razvitija i praktike ego gosudarstvennogo regulirovanija [Compression of the socio-economic area: a new theory of regional development and its practice of state regulation], Moscow, p. 167—175.
22. Treyvish, A. I. 2010, «Szhatie» prostranstva: ...
Modern Hanseatic Trends in the Baltic Region
... the opportunities provided by the information society and focus on the innovative areas of regional cooperation. An interesting example is the partnership between Baltic universities, which is aimed to draw up an international agenda for sustainable regional development. Baltic cities are involved in various forms of cross-border cooperation, providing opportunities for interstate relations and contributes to laying down crossborder cooperation roadmaps and developing civil society networks. It can be concluded, that the history of the Hanseatic League and its current incarnation — the New Hanse — testify to the fact that productive economic, cultural, and other relations can be established between states but also between cities ...
The Coastal Regions of Europe: Economic Development at the Turn of the 20th Century
... [Geography of Maritime Transport], Moscow.
12. Zalogin, B. S. 1984, Jekonomicheskaja geografija Mirovogo okeana [The economic geography of the world Ocean], Moscow.
13. Ivchenko, V. V. 2008, Setevoe programmirovanie razvitija primorskih regionov Rossii [Network programming development of the coastal regions of Russia], Kaliningrad.
14. Issledovanija Mirovogo okeana v XX v. [Study of the oceans in the XX century], Institute of Geography of the RAS, available at: http://igras.ru/index.php?r=21&id=193 (accessed 10.03.2014).
15. Trofimov, N. A. 2014,...
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... Routledge, p. 31—52.
7. Stabell, C. B., Fjeldstad, Ø. D. 1998, Configuring value for competitive advantage: On chains, shops and networks, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 19, p. 413—437.
8. Goeldner, C. R., Ritchie, J. R. B., McIntosh, R. W. 2000, Tourism ... ... York, John Wiley and Sons Ltd, p. 362—393.
9. Korneevets, V. S., Fedorov, G. M. 2010, O sushhnosti i sootnoshenii ponjatij «region», «mezhdunarodnyj», «transnacional'nyj» i «transgranichnyj» region [On Essence and Correlation of "Region" ...
Population change in global urban regions
... de la population de 1999. 2000. Paris, № 75.
23. Regions in Figures. London. 2000—2007. London.
24. Scott, A. 1998. Regions and the World Economy: The Coming Shape of Global Production, Competition and Political Order. Oxford.
25. Scott, A.... ... Frankfurt am Main.
28. Summary of Vital Statistics. 1995—2007. The City of New York. New York.
29. Taylor, P. 2004. World City Network: А Global Urban Analysis. London.
30. The 2008 Global Cities Index. 2008. In: Foreign Policy. October 15.
31. Features ...
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2016-2-5.
11. Zalogin, B. S. 1984, Ekonomicheskaya geografiya Mirovogo okeana [Economic geography of the World Ocean], Moscow. (In Russ.)
12. Ivchenko, V. V. 2008, Setevoe programmirovanie razvitiya primorskikh regionov Rossii [Network programming development of coastal regions of Russia], Kaliningrad. (In Russ.)
13. Klemeshev, A. P., Fedorov G. M. 2004, Ot izolirovannogo eksklava — k «koridoru razvitiya». Al'ternativy rossiiskogoeksklava na Baltike [From an isolated exclave — to the "corridor of development"....
Interregional and cross-country flows of labor resources in the Kaliningrad region: factors and vectors in the contemporary Eurasian context
... in recent years is characterized by a declining trend. The outflow of the able-bodied population to the Russian metropolitan regions played the decisive role. The need for temporary workers is filled mainly by immigrants from Uzbekistan. The labor market ... ... International Trade & Economic Development. 2009. Vol. 18. P. 61—78.
8. White R. Immigrant-trade links, transplanted home bias and network effects // Applied Economics. 2007. Vol. 39, № 7. P. 839—852.
9. Larramona G., Sanso M. Migration dynamics, growth ...
Near-border regions’ mass media within the context of public diplomacy: expert survey results’ analysis (the Case of the Saratov region)
... context, the article aims at analyzing results of experts’ survey taken in May 2018. Among other things, experts gave their opinions on the levels and forms of communication between mass media of Saratov region and their foreign partners, the way regional and municipal media outlets use the Internet technologies, social networks, and messengers, possible projects to promote information interaction of the region and media from abroad. An inference is made that mass media pay inadequate attention to “foreign” aspects of their activity, which, in its turn, necessitates ...
Saint-Petersburg in the Baltic Sea region
. Presentation at the 8
of the Baltic Development Forum.
Baltic Metropolis Network. URL: http://www. baltmet. org/ (07.04.2009)
Boucher Richard A.
URL: http://www. state. gov/r/pa/ei/biog/61773.htm ... ... Relationship / ed. by K. K. Khudoley, D. Lanko.
Cooperation in the
: Taylor and Francis, 1993.
Khudoley K. K.
Russia and NATO: What Expects Us in the Future // Challenges ...
Geo-demographic typology of municipalities of the Kaliningrad region
... Environment and Planning A. 2007. № 39. Р. 182—207.
19. Singleton A., Longley P. Geodemographics, visualisation, and social networks in applied geography // Applied Geography. 2009. № 29. P. 289—298.
20. Everitt T. B. Cluster analysis. L., 1974.
... ... регион. 2014. № 2. С. 62—80.
geo-demographic studies, geo-demographic typology, Russia, the Kaliningrad region
Effective risk communication as a factor in managing protests attitudes in a local community
... and what forms risk communication takes. The study investigates the case of the village of Nivenskoe in Russia’s Kaliningrad region where residents opposed the development of a potassium salt deposit. It is concluded that egalitarians and communitarians ... ... serious environmental threat arises. Respondents of all cultural types tend to trust information coming from their close social network, public figures, and environmentalists whereas people of business are trusted the least.
Krishtal, M. I., Shchekoturov,...
Migration Flows in Europe: Space and Time Transformation
... Russian geographers, social scientists Association], Rostov-on-Don, no. 3, p. 79—89.
12. Boyd, M. 1989, Family and personal networks in international migration: recent developments and new agendasm, International Migration Review, T. 23, Vol. 3, p. 638—670.... ... economic geography model, Journal of Economic Geography, T. 4, Vol. 4, p. 439—458.
17. Hämäläinen, K., Böckerman, P. 2004, Regional labor market dynamics, housing and migration, Journal of Regional Science, T. 44, Vol. 3, p. 543—568.
International research cooperation in the Baltic region: a scientometric analysis
.... De Solla Price, D. J. 1976, Nauka o nauke [The Science of Science], Мoscow, p. 236—254.
24. De Solla Price, D. J. 1965, Networks of Scientific Papers, Science, 149 (3683): 510—515. doi:10.1126/science.149.3683.510
25. De Solla Price D. J., Beaver ... ... invisible college, American Psychologist, Vol. 21, p. 1011—1018.
26. Promezhutochnyj otchjot o provedenii issledovanija «Region Baltijskogo morja v fokuse strategij razvitija Evropejskogo sojuza i Rossijskoj Federacii» [Interim report on the study,...
Social and cultural determinants in the perception of environmental risks: Douglas grid group analysis
... of results using ATLAS.ti software programme. The study revealed that environmental risks are not a priority problem for the region. Rural residents are more concerned about environmental risks. There are similarities in the assessments of environmental ... ... effective methods of risk communication, depending on the respondent’s cultural type. Hierarchs prefer communication in social networks; egalitarians tend to organize petitions and appeal to the authorities; the fatalists do not express their own opinion; ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
6. Kovács, I., Nagy, G. 2013, Tourism in peripheric regions the possibilities of thematic routes, Analele Universității din Oradea. Seria Geografie, no. 2, p. 220—228.
7.... ... Helsinki-Tallinn tunnel — possibilities for Finnish and Estonian tourism, Baltic Rim Economies, no. 4, p. 33.
9. The European cycle route network EuroVelo, 2012, European Parliament's Committee on Transport and Tourism, European Union, Brussels, p. 190.
10. The official ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... [Ratings of federal programs], Federativnye otnoshenija i regional'naja social'no-jekonomicheskaja politika [Federal relations and regional socio-economic policy], no. 10, p. 32—45.
9. Konovalov, A. M. 2011, Primorskie territorii — osobyj placdarm [Coastal ... ... and efficient use of ocean biological resources as economic problems], Мoscow, Nauka.
12. Konovalov, A. 2010, Transportation Network in the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation. In: Zagorsky, A. V. (ed.), The Arctic: A Space of Cooperation and Common ...
Verification modified model bio productivity EPIC at regional level
The results of applying bio productivity model EPIC wheat yields by administrative areas using data network of weather stations Roshydromet. Validation of model was carried out sub-satellite measurements on the basis of test fields ... ... station, spectrophotometer and LAI measuring instrument. Modeling accuracy compared to the yield of individual fields, areas and regions.
1. Евтюшкин А. В., Комаров С. А., Миронов В. Л. и др. Определение характеристик ...
Features of the account of thermal and electric energy network losses at the automated tariff setting in the system of regulating activity of the subjects of the energy supplying complex in the region
The article presents the analysis of activity regulation issues in the regional power supply complex and the main ways to improve the efficiency of its subjects. The authors also focus on the issues of automated tariffs setting for production, transportation and transfer heat and electric power. Main attention is paid to ...
Factors and features of innovative development of the Republic of Crimea
... of Crimea the paper attempts to analyze the features of territorial development of socio-economic and innovation system. The study determined the digitalization of economic entities of the Republic of Crimea. The innovation distribution in the region is checked on the example of the mobile network modernizing. The innovative infrastructure of the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol is identified to be in the early development phase.
1. Апатова Н. В., Курочка Д. Н. Механизмы инновационного ...
An Attempt to the economic and geographical analysis of the differentiation of the Russian Federation subjects on of the level and dynamics of the retail trade development
... the study are presented in graphs and tables. They can be used to justify the regional policy of the Federation in promoting retail trade development. The authorities of the subjects of the Russian Federation can study the experience of more advanced regions, while network retailers can determine geographical vectors of their expansion.
1. Аксёнов К. Э. Изменения в размещении розничной торговли и услуг при переходе к рыночной экономике ...
Sustainable development of the city territorial capital: adaptive policy through the geography of knowledge
... appropriate to consider the knowledge generation at the level of a city where the city is the most important urbanized scientific regional centre. This study aims to assess the territorial distribution of Russian cities by their ability to generate new scientific ... ..., Hvaley D. V.
knowledge generation, science centre, intellectual capital, spatial bibliometrics, city typology, research network, knowledge production function
Modern indicators of urban development: challenges and opportunities for creating integral approaches to city management
... McArdle G. Knowing and governing cities through urban indicators, city benchmarking and real-time dashboards // Regional Studies, Regional Science. 2015. Vol. 2, № 1. P. 6—28.
18. Knight Frank Research. Prime Global Cities Index — Q1 2019. URL: https:// ... ... 175—192.
21. Sassen S. The global city: New York, London, Tokyo. Princeton, NJ, 2001.
22. Taylor P. Measuring the world city network: New results and developments // GaWC Research Bulletin 300. URL:
Opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region
This article focuses on opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region and offers methodology for it. The author outlines types of the information required: genetic types of natural landscapes, spatial settlement and land use features, and the network components of the landscapes environment.
1. Berg, L. S. 1915. Izv. RGO, Part. 51, Vyp. 9, pp. 463—475.
2. Vedenin, Ju. A. Kuleshova, M. E. 2001. Izv. RAN, Ser. geogr.,№ 1, pp. 7—14.
3. Vedenin, Ju. A., Kuleshova, M. E. Kul'turnye landshafty ...
Development tools of functional hybrid intelligent systems with heterogeneous visual field
... visual field. Such systems are capable of simultaneously simulating collective verbal-symbolic reasoning and activating the visual-figurative reasoning of users. The use of such systems in the practice of solving problems, in particular when managing regional electric networks, will allow users to «see» the problem situation and its possible approximate solutions, which can subsequently be justified and refined by the methods of logical-mathematical reasoning.
1. Medsker L. R. Hybrid Intelligent Systems. Boston,...
Northern Dimension: Participant Strategies
Filtenborg, Mette Sicard, Stefan Ganzle, Elisabeth Johanson.
An Alternative Theoretical Approach to EU Foreign Policy: Network Governance and the Case of the Northern Dimension Initiative. Cooperation & Conflict. 2002. 37 (4):387—407.
Marks Gary, Francois Nielsen, Leonard Ray, Jane E. Salk.
Competencies, Cracks, and Conflicts: Regional Mobilization in the European Union // Comparative political studies. 1996. 29 (2):164—92.
Back to ...
Human Resources of Post-war Lithuania and Their Role in the Rebuilding of Klaipeda
... ravaged by war did not have sufficient human resources. One of the solution was the use of labour of German prisoners of war. A network of prisoner-of-war camps was established in Lithuania. In a matter of two to three years, PWs completed a significant ... ... at the rebuilding of important infrastructural objects. The case of Klaipeda is used to demonstrate the opportunities of the region and Centre in organising workforce in the Lithuanian SSR. The study uses the data obtained by modern historiography and ...
Development of musical hearing during education at different musical departments
11. Пэтри А., Сэбин К. Наглядная статистика в медицине / пер. с англ. В. П. Леонова. М., 2003.
12. Krishnan S., Lima C. F., Evans S. et al. Beatboxers and guitarists engage sensorimotor regions selectively when listening to the instruments they can play // Cerebral Cortex. 2018. Vol. 28 (11). P. 4063—4079.
13. Wollman I., Penhune V., Segado M. et al. Neural network retuning and neural predictors of learning success associated with cello training // Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2018. Vol. 115 (26). E6056—E6064.
14. Привес М. Г., Лысенков Н. К., Бушкович ...
Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
... issue and the terms of existing contracts for Russian gas, as well as low domestic demand for gas hamper the implementation of a regional LNG terminal project even in the long term.
1. Grigoriev, L. M. 2005, Konkurencija i sotrudnichestvo: jekonomicheskie ... ... Riga — luchshee mesto dlja stroitel'stva terminala SPG [Premier:Riga — best place to build LNG terminal], 2011, Baltic News Network, 27 December, available at: http://bnn-news. ru/premer-riga-luchshee-mesto-dlya-stroitelstvaterminala-spg-43846 (accessed ...
Shore ground monitoring methodology
The method of ground shores monitoring includes a set of activities on local sites with reference to a network of reference benchmarks. The greatest amount of information is given by the data of the transverse shore leveling. The ... ... the Vistula Spit (the Baltic sea) in a period of 2002—2015 by results of in-situ measurements // Managing risks to coastal regions and communities in a changing world : Proc. Intern. сonf. EMECS'11-SeaCoasts XXVI (Saint-Petersburg, 22—27 August, ...
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... project aims to link the port of Gdynia to the TriCity ring road. Apart from it, there are plans to improve access to the railroad network. Railway line 201 to Bydgoszcz is to be modernised to transport cargoes from Gdynia further inland. The current and future ... ... Seaports and Role of Railways in Transport Service of Port Hinterland at Turn of XX and XXI Centuries], Regiony Nadmorskie [Coastal Regions], no. 23, p. 7—198.
4. Chang, H-J. 2002, Breaking the mould: an institutionalist political economy alternative to the ...
On the prospects of cooperation between Russian and Lithuanian innovative sectors
... Motion. Vilnius.
28. Dijokienė, D. 2009. Urban Heritage of Historical Suburbs. Vilnius.
29. Bivainis, J. (et al.). 2009. Strategic planning in public institutions. Vilnius.
30. Andriušaitienė, D. 2008. Development of labour market of depressed regions of the country. Vilnius.
31. Kalinauskas, R. 2008. The energy and entropy in the grounds of the humanism. Vilnius.
32. Skeivalas, J. 2008. Theory and practice of GPS networks. Vilnius.
33. Jarašūnienė, A. 2008. Intelligent transport systems. Vilnius.
34. Butkevičius, J. 2008. The effect of Lithuania's entry into the European Union on the national transport system and the transport system development. Vilnius....
Localization of large business in coastal zones as a factor of transboundary clustering (on the example of the European part of Russia)
The factors and features of localization of large business interests in 14 European coastal regions of Russia are analyzed. It is shown that the interest of large business in the coastal zones is commonly associated with ... ... trans-aquatorial properties and characteristics; clustering, thus, receives additional impulses, while the clusters demonstrate networking, dispersed forms in their development.
1. Agenda 21 of ocean geography // Geography, oceans and coasts towards sustainable ...
The concept of guerrilla warfare in Lithuania in the 1920—1930s
... the Union did not only offer military training, but was also engaged in the patriotic propaganda, the article focuses on the network of cultural institutions, homes of riflemen, orchestras, libraries, choirs, and athletic clubs used by the Union. The ... ... possible without giving rise to a protracted guerrilla war.
1. Jokubauskas, V. 2011, Issledovaniâ Baltijskogo regiona [Baltic Region Studies], no 2 (8), p. 27—49.
2. Kreveld, van M. 2008, Transformacija vojny [Transformation of War], Moscow.
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... p. 11–26.
22. Council Regulation (EC) No 377/2004 of 19 February 2004 on the creation of an immigration liaison officers network, 2004, Official Journal L, no. 064, 02.03.2004, p. 0001 – 0004.
23. U beregov Sicilii spaseny bolee 740 migrantov [Off ... ... the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. European Agenda on Migration. Brussels, 2015, 13 May, COM, no. 240 final, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/european-agenda-migration/background-information/docs/communication_on_the_european_agenda_on_migration_en....