Transnational tourist destination management: a case study of the Baltic sea region
... destinations, i.e. those that are located on the territory of several countries, have not been given enough attention. The development of transnational destinations can occur provided there is close cooperation among key stakeholders. In the Baltic Sea Region (BSR) conditions for effective cooperation were created at the end of the 20th century when integration processes intensified. Currently, the BSR is the first macro-region of the European Union to implement a transnational strategy, in which tourism is recognised as a development priority. Creating an effective tourist destination management system has ...
Geography of Electoral Volatility in the Warmia and Mazury Voivodeship of Poland
... three large administrative units of Poland as an example, the authors analyse the experience of the formation of a geographic region by merging several politically diverse territories. The merger took place in a changing political environment. It inevitably ... ... działalnosci, Wydanie 3, Warszawa.
15. Lykoshina, L. S. 1994, Processy obschestvennoj transformacii i konflikty v Pol'she 90-h godov [Processes of public transformation and conflicts in Poland of the 90th years], Moscow. (In Russ.)
16. Lykoshina, L. S. 2015, ...
Innovation centres as growth points for smaller towns and rural areas
... the Kaliningrad region».
1. Beketov, N. V. 2002, Nauchno-innovacionnye sistemy regionov: problemy formirovanija i razvitija [Research and innovation systems of regions: problems of formation and development], Innovacii v regione [Innovations in the region], no. 9, p. 8—15.
2. Bildina, О. В. 2007, Rol' tehnoparkov v processe kommercializacii tehnologicheskih innovacij [The role of technology parks in the commercialization of technological innovations], Integral, no. 4, p. 68—69.
3. Investicionno-developerskij proekt «Territorija nauchno-tehnicheskogo razvitija — Tehnopolis Gusev» [Investment and development project «Territory of scientific and technological development — Technopolis Gusev»],...
Historical development of the Pomor North Lexicography: a comparative analysis of the three translation dictionaries
... grammatical labels and comments. The revealed deviations from the modern lexicographic requirements shed light on the compilation process and personal professional experience of the compilers. The methodology of this research is based on a diachronic approach ... ... development of specialized maritime glossaries in the 16th and 20th centuries. The research is conducted within the frameworks of integrative translation and linguistic regional studies as a continuation of the project “History of Translation on the Pomor North” supported by the Russian Humanitarian ...
EU — Russia energy cooperation: major development trends and the present state
... relations theories (including integration theories). The article demonstrates that the EU nd Russia have made a transition to the integration agenda manifested in the Energy Dialogue (its current goal is the creation of a common European energy market). The author describes the process of gradual consolidation of transgovernmental and transnational institutions, which leads to depoliticization of cooperation ... ..., the current situation in EU — Russia energy relations is favourable and positively affects cooperation in the Baltic Sea region.
1. Joint Declaration of the President of the European Council, 2000, Mr. J. Chirac, assisted by the Secretary-General ...
A transport cluster as a variant of transport complex development
... Корнеевец В. С. Трансграничная регионализация в условиях глобализации // Балтийский регион. 2010. № 4. С.103—114.
8. Korneyevets V., Fedorov G. Russia and the Baltic Sea Region: perspectives for the integration of Kaliningrad // Economic styles in the process of EU Eastern enlargement. Hamburg, 2009. P. 325—337.
Orlov S. V., Korneevets V. S.
transport complex, transport cluster, Kaliningrad region.
The development of mutual external commerce of the Baltic Sea region countries as a sign of integration processes in the Baltic Sea Region
The article continues the analysis of the social and economical development of the Baltic Sea region, conducted by Baltic Center for
Advanced Studies and Education (BaltCASE) in frames of the research project «Russia and EU: Past, Present, Future».
регион как полюс экономической интеграции ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... post-soviet part of Baltic Europe // The Geographical Aspects of the Transformation Process in Central and East-Central Europe / ed. T. Michalski. Gdynia ; Pelplin, 2006... ... Science & Medicine. 2001. № 53. P. 1653—1666.
12. Dubauskas G. Euro Atlantic Integration and Foreign Banks in Transitional Economies // Tiltai. 2003. № 4 (25)... ... 13—22.
13. European health for all database (HFA-DB) at World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe. URL: http://www.euro.who.int/en/home (дата обращения:...
Kant’s Perpetual Peace Project and the Project of the European Union
... union. The comparative analysis of Kant’s theory and the European project, the EU in its current form suits Kant’s definition of a federation of sovereign states, united for the purpose of securing peace, and in some respects went even further. The process of European integration has transformed Europe’s regional buildup from the arena of regular war conflicts into the society of peace, prosperity, liberty and right. It is obvious that it its development the EU will undergo difficulties and crises. However, the general direction, chosen by the union of ...
Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
..., available at: http://www.isae.it/Working_Papers/WP_Arbia_Piras_n51_2005.pdf (accessed 26 November 2009).
23. Khotulev, A. 2012, Vlijanie regional'nogo investirovanija na processy social'no-jekonomicheskoj integracii v ramkah ES [The influence of regional investment in the processes of social and economic integration in the EU], Starptautiskās zinātniskās konferences „Eiropas integrācijas sociālā un ekonomiskā dimensija: problēmas, risinājumi, perspektīvas” materiali, 2011. gada 3.-5. Novembris, III dala, Ekonomiskais aspekts. Daugavpils,...
Perspectives of Euroregions with Russian Participation in Terms of Changes in the EU Regional Policy
The article describes changes in the cross-border cooperation support in the framework of the EU Regional Policy. The author emphasises the role of the European Neighbourhood Policy in the development of cross-border cooperation ... ... euroregions at the EU-Russia border and arrives at the conclusion that their future depends on the success of the Russia-EU integration process in general.
Еврорегионы: полвека «малой» интеграции ...
The activities of Kaliningrad public education authorities aimed at organising military and pre-conscription training of schoolchildren in 1945—1962
This article consdiers the issues concerning the military training of schoolchildren in the post-war years (1945—1962) in the Kaliningrad region.The authors analyse the processes of integration of military and physical training at school as well as the management of these processes by public education authorities.
архив Калининградской области (далее —
The noun visilka: a semantic portrait and a system of multiple meanings (based on police search documentation of the second half of the 19th century)
... documentation of the time. The author discovered business texts of this type in the funds of the State Archive of the Tyumen region, the State Archive of the Omsk region, and the State Archive of the Irkutsk region. All texts date back to the late 19th ... ... the 19th century. The authors identified the main semantic features of the noun visilka (the dominance of the archiseme — 'process', the existence of the differential semes 'result', 'actions of people involved in a police search'). Further research ...
The current state of the climate system of the Kaliningrad region and global warming
... change facts relating to study objects of different scales, particularly, the Arctic, which serves as an indicator of global processes taking place across the planet. I track long-term fluctuations in the climatic parameters of the Kaliningrad region. Further, I estimate the rate of temperature change in Kaliningrad and other locations that have weather stations and ... ... Vistula Lagoon (Poland-Russia): facts and figures // Lagoons Technical Brief (Deliverable series of the FP7 Project LAGOONS «Integrated water resources and coastal zone management in European lagoons in the context of climate change»). 2012. Iss. TB1....
Moscow and its region: structural and functional transformations
The article shows various structural-functional transformations of Moscow and its region generated by the changes in mode of production in Russia as a result of ‘perestroika’ ... ... population’s reflection. At the same time, the Greater Moscow is being shaped through the integration of Moscow and its ‘periphery’, a gap between the rich and poor is... ... mega-cities usually see their ‘periphery’ as the supply of a labor force and the waste processing sites. As a result, a social asymmetry has emerged: Moscow is developing...
The danish parliament as an actor of Denmark’s foreign policy towards the EU and Russia: a comparative analysis, 2005—2019
... to assess the level of the Danish Parliament’s participation in the foreign policy of the Kingdom of Denmark in different regions of the world. The study conducts a comparative analysis of the evidence of the Parliament’s influence on Denmark’s ... ... in the country’s foreign policy towards EU bodies is highly institutionalised and coherent, which can be explained by close integration of Danish political elites into European ones as well as by European processes being clear and predictable for Danish parliamentarians. The participation of the Parliament in Danish—Russian relations ...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
... cultural characteristics. Migration inflow differs significantly by country and EU region. The authors analyse major irregular migration routes and show that their use... ... with decades spent in the destination country, the Muslim population remains poorly integrated into the local community and its effect on the latter is insignificant (Turks... ... ekologicheskie protsessy [Mosaic urban spaces: economic, social, cultural and ecological processes], Collected materials of All-Russian scientific conference, Moscow, MSU...
Industrial enterprises of the Kaliningrad region: R&D models under the conditions of perceived risks
... Uncertainty for Gains and for Losses // Organizational behavior and human decision processes. 1987. Vol. 39. P. l—22.
2. Bauer M. Theory of the Firm under Uncertainty:... ... 2002. Р. 181—197.
20. Eymard-Duvernay F., Favereau O., Orléan A. et al. Pluralist Integration in the Economic and Social Sciences: The Economy of Convention // Post-autistic... ... E., Fidrya O.
risk perception, R&D, organizational behavior modeling, Kaliningrad region
A Situational Approach to Strategic Management and Monitoring of Regional and Urban Development
... urban development it is possible to identify the interaction between the managerial process and mechanism; bring together the spatial and activity-related concepts of territorial... ... Territorial development is becoming the principal object of strategic management of a region or city, its key tool being the utilization of its own good practices. The main... ... factors”. In this situation, the monitoring territorial development is seen as an integral part of management. It ensures the inventory, observation, and comparison of...
Territorial differences in the innovative development of Sweden, Finland, and the North-western federal district of the Russian Federation
... Russian Federation. The authors present the results of a comparative analysis of research and technological potential of the regions and their administrativeterritorial units in terms of innovative activity development. For the first time, the index of integral assessment of research and technological potential of the NWFD has been calculated in comparison to Sweden and Finland.... ... availability). The authors offer sketch maps showing similarities in the character of territorial differentiation of innovative processes in the NEFD, Sweden, and Finland (which corresponds to the centreperiphery model).
1. Kapital strany [Capital of the ...
The role of the river Rhine in the formation of spatial structure of the economy of European countries (1st century BC — 19th century AD)
... The beginning of the formation of spatial structure of economies of the Rhine basin countries dates back to the Roman period of the history of European states rather than the industrial revolution. Similarly, it is possible to assume that primitive integration processes started to develop in the region in the same period. Throughout history, the River Rhine has served as the central axis for economic structure development. The practical significance of the article lies in identifying the early — previously insufficiently studied — stages ...
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
... to strengthen international trade capacity and to increase cooperation in other areas of cross-border relations, since these processes are crucial for Russia’s integration into the global markets.
1. Chub, A. A. 2011, K voprosu o formirovanii transgranichnyh regionov na territorii Rossijskoj Federacii [On the formation of the cross-border regions in the Russian Federation], Regional'naja jekonomika: teorija i praktika, no. 25, p. 27—34.
2. Dvorcova, E. N. 2011,...
Euroregions as a factor of successful international integration in modern conditions
... 2006, Baltijskij region kak poljus jekonomicheskoj integracii Severo-Zapada Rossijskoj Federacii i Evropejskogo sojuza [Baltic region as a pole of economic integration of the North-West of the Russian Federation and the European Union], Kaliningrad.
4. Kosov, Yu. V. 2009, Osobennosti geopoliticheskih processov v Central'noj
Evrope [Features geopolitical processes in Central Europe], Upravlencheskoe konsul'tirovanie [Management consulting], no. 3, p. 91—97.
5. Zverev, P. B., Toropygin,...
Modern Lithuanian foreign policy: the adjustment of traditional policy
... region in order to forecast further development at European and global levels. This objective is achieved with the help of an integrated approach with elements of interdisciplinary research. Special attention is paid to the comparative-historical approach,... ... changing policy of the country. The results of the research contribute substantially to the understanding of foreign policy processes taking place in Lithuania and the region in general.
1. D. Grybauskaitė siekia ne pakeisti, bet subalansuoti užsienio politiką, 2011, 7 July, Lrytas. lt, available ...
Ethno-confessional immigrant ghettos as a national security problem in Denmark’s social and political discourse
The ghettoisation of immigrant areas in Denmark is a lengthy and objective process of the emergence of ethno-religious ‘parallel societies’ in the state. Cultural and religious principles that are ... ... combination of political, social, and economic factors. The ensuing social disunity and violation of the country’s territorial integrity take the problem to a regional and international level. Through analysing public speeches of Danish social and political actors, this article reconstructs ...
Satisfaction of Polish Bank Employees with Incentive Systems: An Empirical Approach
...., Kaswin, J. 2010, Effective Employee Incentive Plans: Features and Implementation Processes, Cornell HR Review, p. 1—6.
12. Ibarra, H., Carter, N. M., Silva, C. 2010... ... Job Satisfaction onto Employees' Family Lives: The Facilitating Role of Work-Family Integration, Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 52, no. 1, p. 87—102.
14. Ismail... ... Motywacja wewnętrzna jako kluczowy czynnik zaangażowania pracownika, Przedsiębiorstwo i region, no. 5, p. 38—47.
20. Podmoroff, D. 2010, 365 sposobów na codzienne motywowanie...
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... Moner-Colonques, R., Sempere-Monerris, J. J. 2015, The impact on port competition of the integration of port and inland transport services, Transportation Research, Part B,... ... no. 80, p. 291—302.
2. Baird, A. J. 2000, Port privatization: objectives, extent, process, and the UK experience, International Journal of Maritime Economics. Vol. 2... ... Service of Port Hinterland at Turn of XX and XXI Centuries], Regiony Nadmorskie [Coastal Regions], no. 23, p. 7—198.
4. Chang, H-J. 2002, Breaking the mould: an institutionalist...
Regulation trends of international cooperation at the regional level
... trends of international cooperation at the regional level which being officially adopted are implemented
in the Kaliningrad region. Special attention is given to international agreements, involvement in international programs and projects, information ... ...
Borodavkina N. Ju.
foreign commerce, foreign economic relations , integration
processes, foreign economic policy, international agreements, euroregions
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
... Russian-Estonian crisis of 2007 and the current international tension around Ukraine. The regional fossil fuel market and the possibilities of Gazprom involvement in its development... ... Evroregiony: polveka «maloj» integracii [Euroregions: half a century of "small" integration], Sovremennaja Evropa [Modern Europe], no. 2, p. 48—59.
5. Kuznetsov... ....ru/news/1846663.html (accessed 01.11.2014).
16. Estonian company to launch battery processing plant in Russia, 2014, Estonian Investment Agency, 07 April, available at:...
The Baltics in the Geography of the Largest Transnational Corporations of Europe
... Theories Apply Abroad? Organizational Dynamics, Summer, p. 42—63.
5. Johanson, J., Vahlne, J.-E. 1977, The Internationalization Process of the Firm — A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments, Journal of International Business ... ... I. (eds.), Global'naja perestrojka [Global restructuring], Moscow, p. 53—70.
9. Kuznetsov, A. 2012, Transborder corporate integration in the Baltic Sea Region, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 11—18. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-2.
10. Kuznetsov, A. V., 2004, Mirohozjajstvennye svjazi ...
Demographic Ranking of the Baltic Sea States
... (polarisation) rates. The features of demographic process development in the Baltic regions states are described against the global and European background. The study confirmed... ... Zdorov'e i social'no-demograficheskie processy v Rossii [Health and socio-demographic processes in Russia], Мoscow, p. 157—172.
3. Ermakov, S. P., Shmakov, N. A. 2011... ... Herald. Economy series], no. 3, p. 91—96.
4. Ermakov, S. P., Shmakov, N. A. 2011, Integral'nye demograficheskie rejtingi polozhenija [Integrated ratings demographic situation]...
The North-West of Russia: the potential and areas of Russian-Lithuanian research and innovation cooperation
... cross-border and trans-border cooperation in the Baltic macroregion as a mechanism of managing the innovative development of regional economy.
1. Instrument Evropejskogo sosedstva i partnerstva. Prigranichnoe sotrudnichestvo. Strategija na 2007—2013 ... ... arwu. org/ARWU2010.jsp> (Accessed 20 November 2010).
19. Fedorov, G., Korneyevets, V. 2009. Economic Styles in the Process of the EU Eastern Enlargement. Schriftenreihe des EUROPA-KOLLEGS HAMBURG zur Integrationsforschung, № 58, pp. 325—337....
The main environmental problems of the Baltic Sea and the ways to solve them
... natural or human induced? Limnol. Oceanogr.Vol. 45, pp. 716—726.
19. HELCOM (2009). Eutrophication in the Baltic Sea — An integrated thematic assessment of the effects of nutrient enrichment and eutrophication in the Baltic Sea region. Balt Sea Environ Proc No 115B. Helsinki: HELCOM, p. 148.
20. Flinkman, J., Aro, E., Vuorinen, I., Viitasalo, M. 1998. Changes in northern Baltic zooplankton and herring nutrition from 1980s to 1990s: top-down and bottom-up processes at work. Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. Vol. 165. pp. 127—136.
21. Bonsdorff, E., Blomqvist, E., Mattila J. and Norkko A. ...
Transborder regionalisation in the conditions of globalisation
Globalisation creates favourable conditions for the formation of transborder regions through enhancing communication. This process involves industrial, transport, trade and other enterprises as well as education, culture and research institutions, which develop multiple links. The formation of cross-border regions is facilitated by the regional policy of the European Union,...
International cross-border migration in the South-East Baltic: factors, structure, consequences
This article presents the results of an integrated research encompassing both the study of migration processes in the South-East Baltic (volume, structure, directions) and the analysis of factors affecting migration mobility of ... ....stat.gov.pl> (Accessed 26 Oktober 2010).
11. International and foreign migrations (NTS-5, data for years 1995—2009) //Regional data bank of Central Statistical Office. [online] Available at: <http://www.stat.gov.pl/bdren_n/app/strona.indeks> ...
Post-Soviet space in contemporary curricula and cooperation projects
This article analyzes the current situation and prospects of the post-Soviet themes research in Russian higher education in the Humanities. The problem is considered in the context of the modernization of the national education, integration processes in the former Soviet Union, globalization and the development of international cooperation.
Guschin Alexander, Levchenkov Andrei
countries of the Baltic Sea region, interdisciplinary approach, education, post-Soviet space, the Commonwealth of Independent States, "Russian World", cooperation, forum