Post-Soviet Space: background and the results of regionalization
The article deals with the regionalization of social processes and their specific manifestations in the post-Soviet space. According to the author, regionalization is developing at four levels-international (macroregional), subregional, intraregional and on country levels. The most important one is the international level. Specific features of regionalization at each ...
Post-Soviet space in contemporary curricula and cooperation projects
... national education, integration processes in the former Soviet Union, globalization and the development of international cooperation.
Guschin Alexander, Levchenkov Andrei
countries of the Baltic Sea region, interdisciplinary approach, education, post-Soviet space, the Commonwealth of Independent States, "Russian World", cooperation, forum
Socio-spatial differentiation in transition: a preliminary comparative analysis of post-soviet St Petersburg and Riga
... methodological approaches. As to the former aspect, recent literature focuses on the hybrid nature of the post-socialist urban space, which underwent transformation in the conditions of globalization and eco-nomic liberalization; the earlier model of spatial ... ... multi-scalar and comparative approaches may shed new light on the complex patterns of urban socio-spatial differentiation and its post-Soviet dynamics. Growing regional socio-economic imbalances observed in the former socialist states are lending new urgency ...
Euroregions as a factor of successful international integration in modern conditions
... multilateral cooperation in Europe. To a lesser extent, the crisis has affected the states that are actively involved in cross-border cooperation projects. The formation of European regions is closely related to the industrial development of their regions. The Post-Soviet space requires a redistribution of the overcentralized power. The abundance of Euroregions along the perimeter of certain states may be an indicator of economy's resilience to potential shocks. The provisions set forth in the article contribute to an ...
The Development of Russian Social Geography: Challenges, Trends, Priorities
... Pilyasov, А. N. 2013, Rossija, kotoruju my obreli: issleduja prostranstvo na mikrourovne [Russia, which we have found: exploring space at the micro level], Moscow, 544 p.
6. Baburin, V. L. (ed.), 2013, Postsovetskoe prostranstvo: dvadcat' let peremen [Post-Soviet Space: Twenty Years of Change], Smolensk, 300 p.
7. Puteshestvie iz Peterburga v Moskvu: 222 goda spustja. Puteshestvie iz Peterburga v Moskvu v 21 veke (po itogam jekspedicii 2013 goda) [Journey from St. Petersburg to Moscow: 222 years later. Journey ...
European and Eurasian integration: similarities and differences
... adopting the European Union integration experience for the further integration processes in the Eurasian integration process. The primary tool for research is the comparative analysis. It is noted that the economic integration of countries in the post-Soviet space follows the path of the European Union in terms of adopting the organization principles. However, despite some similarities, integration associations have significant differences in the starting conditions, motives and context of integration,...
An escape from the embrace of politics. A study into the cultures of remembrance as a means to encourage a historical dialogue in Lithuanian-Russian relations
... ru/2005/04/25/poslanie-text. html (accessed 12 January 2012).
2. Safronovas, V. 2009, O tendencijah politiki vospominanija v sovremennoj Litve [On the trends in modern politics memories Lithuania], Ab Imperio: Studies of New Imperial History and Nationalism in the Post-Soviet Space, no 3, p. 424—458.
3. Kasparavičius, A., Laurinavičius, Č., Lebedeva N. (eds.). 2006, SSSR i Litva v gody Vtoroi mirovoi voiny: Sbornik dokumentov [Soviet Union and Lithuania during
the Second World War: a collection of documents], Vilnius,...
Competition and Interaction between Languages: A Sociolinguistic Approach
The author offers a review of M. J.Tagaev's monograph "Dialogue of Languages and Cultures" (the functioning and interaction of cultural and linguistic spaces of the Kyrgyz and Russian languages). Bishkek: Kyrgyz Russian Slavic University Publishing House, 2015. 240 p. The reviewer notes the acute character of the problem, typical of the post-Soviet states and analyzes the functioning of the state and official languages in Kyrgyzstan.
the Kyrgyz Republic, state language, official language, language community, interlingual collisions, the dialogue of languages
Krongauz M. A.
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
.... ru/archive/14325 (accessed 26.02.2015).
18. Safronovas, V. 2009, O tendencijah politiki vospominanija v sovremennoj Litve [About memories policy trends in contemporary Lithuania], Ab Imperio: Studies of New Imperial History and Nationalism in the Post-Soviet Space, no. 3, p. 424—458.
19. Simonyan, R. H. 2009, Rossija i strany Baltii. Dve modeli social'nogo razvitija [Russia and the Baltic countries. Two models of social development], Moscow, p. 131—139.
20. Smirnov, V. A. 2014, Politicheskoe razvitie ...
The Role of Small Countries in Post-Soviet Territorial Restructuring: the Baltic Case
... analyses the 2013 Lithuanian presidency of the EU in the context of the Ukrainian crisis and evaluates the contribution of Latvia and Estonia (the former Soviet republics set to preside over the EU in 2015 and 2018) to the shift in the power balance in the post-Soviet space. Through assessing the actions of small countries in promoting the Eastern Partnership programme with an emphasis on the anti-Russian agenda, the author concludes that they will inflict harm on the EU in a long-term perspective. These former Soviet ...
The Baltic economic model: some results of the 1990—2015 transformations
... identify regular patterns in the national economic models. Studies into the nature of the economic development of the Baltic States have a considerable practical and scientific significance. On the one hand, the three Baltic States are a part of the post-Soviet space. The nature, success or failures of their economies contribute to a more accurate assessment of Russia’s development. On the other hand, it is the second decade of the Baltic States’ EU membership, and the countries’ experience is very relevant....
Maintaining ethnocultural identity and the problems of education: Russians in Lithuania
This article focuses on the problems of preserving ethnocultural identity in the conditions of globalisation and blurring of cultural distinctions, first of all, the possible loss of ethnocultural identity of Russian-speaking population in the post-Soviet space of the Republic of Lithuania. A specialised survey is used as material for the analysis of the role of education as one of the most important
social institutions ensuring the formation, preservation, and reproduction of cultural identity.
1. Андрейчук ...
Modern geopolitical research in Russia
... mediageopolitics. We consider geopolitics and ethnic geopolitics to be priority areas of geographical and geopolitical studies. Geography plays a major role in the comprehensive geopolitical studies into territories of different size. Geopolitics of post-Soviet space, geopolitics of Russia, domestic geopolitics, and critical geopolitics examine the combined effect of the properties of territories on the policies of states implemented in them. We stress that most geographical and geopolitical works focus on ...
Lithuania's Lonely Leadership 2.0.
... vyrausybes 2012—2016 metu programa, 2012, Lietuvos Respublikos Seimo Kanceliarija, available at: http://www3.lrs.lt/pls/inter3/dokpaieska.showdoc_l?p_id=439761 (accessed 26.02.2015).
Lithuainia, foreign policy, regional leadership, Post-Soviet space, energy security, Russian-Lithuanian relations
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... party in Eastern Europe after the end of the transitional decade. In: E. Yu. Meleshkina and G. M. Mikhailova, eds. Politicheskaya konkurentsiya i partii v gosudarstvakh postsovetskogo prostranstva [Political competition and parties in the states of the post-Soviet space]. Moscow. p. 32.
16. Zolyan, S. T., 2014. Semantika i struktura poeticheskogo teksta [Semantics and structure of poetic text]. Moscow. pp. 42—43.
17. Zolyan, S. T., 2016. Semiotics and pragmasemantics of political discourse. Politicheskaya nauka ...
Transborder corporate integration in the Baltic Sea Region
... ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya [World Economy and International Relations], no. 7, p. 73—81.
6. Hejfec, B. A., Libman, A. M. 2008, Korporativnaja integracija: al'ternativa dlja postsovetskogo prostranstva [Enterprise Integration: an alternative to post-Soviet space], Moscow, Izd-vo LKI.
7. Johanson, J., Vahlne, J.-E. 1977, Journal of International Business Studies, Spring-Summer, p. 23—32.
8. Johanson, J., Wiedersheim-Paul, F. 1975, The Internationalization of the firm — four Swedish cases, Journal of ...
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
... of the USSR. However, escalation of the conflict was historically and geographically predetermined. The political borders of post-Soviet states do not coincide with the ethnic ones and, therefore, the attempts to consolidate states through ethnic mobilization ... ... государствах. М., 1997.
12. Christopher S. Browning, Pertti Joenniemi. The Identity of Kaliningrad: Russian, European or a Third Space? // Paper presented at the CEEISA/RISA/NISA Convention, Moscow, Russia, June 22, 2002.
13. Julian V. Minghi. From conflict ...
The Baltics and Russian North-West: the Core and the Periphery in the 2000s
... prostranstva: social'no-jekonomicheskie i prirodno-resursnye faktory (polimasshtabnyj analiz) [Transformation of the Russian space: socio-economic and natural resource factors (full analysis)], collection of reports XXV session MARS, Moscow, p. 173—181.... ... Transformacija rasselenija v Moskovskom regione v postsovetskij period [Transformation of settlement in the Moscow region in the post-Soviet period], Voprosy geografii [Questions of geography], T. 135 (Geography of Population and Social Geography), Moscow,...
Russia and the European Union: an elusive quest for common values?
... Union based on “common values” (legal sphere and the rule of law), which form the framework for the EU-Russia “common spaces” — on the economy, freedom, security and justice, as well as in the field of research and education (including cultural ... ... Appeals Lead to Strasbourg? Unpacking the Impact of the European Court of Human Rights on Russia? Demokratizatsiya. The Journal of Post-Soviet Democratization, Vol. 17, no. 2, p. 145—178.
22. US, EU regret rights lag at OSCE amid tensions with Russia, 2011,...
The historical aspects and current issues of the development of Russian-Lithuanian economic relations
... managed not only to reform and develop a socialistic economy in Lithuania but also to turn it into an industrial republic with developed agriculture and modern manufacturing facilities, whose major industries manufactured products used in nuclear and space technologies, aviation and navigation. The research shows that the post-Soviet period led to a dramatic change in Russian-Lithuanian economic relations; however, these relations retained potential for future development.
1. Puronas, V. 1967, Pervye shagi Sovetskoj vlasti v Litve v 1918—1919 gg. [The first steps of ...
Disease control and border lockdown at the EU’s internal borders during Covid-19 pandemic: the case of Finland
12. Radil S. L., Pinos J. C., Ptak T. Borders resurgent: towards a post-Covid-19 global border regime? // Space and Polity. 2020.
13. Paasi A. Virukset, rajat ja liikkuvuus. URL:
https://www.... ... Everyday Transnational Lives of Uzbek Labor Migrants in Russia // Laruelle M. (ed.) Constructing the Uzbek State: Narratives of Post-Soviet Years. Lexinton books, 2017. P. 119—148.
32. Bryceson D., Vuorela U. Transnational Families in the Twenty-first ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... been observed in Russia for centuries. A vast body of empirical data and statistics is used to demonstrate that, during the post-Soviet period, coastalisation has become city-centred and regionally/locally selective with a focus on the agglomerations ... ... eds.) 2012, Prostranstvo sovremennoy Rossii: vozmozhnosti i bar'ery razvitiya (razmyshleniya geografov-obshchestvovedov) [The space of modern Russia: opportunities and barriers (reflection of sociogeographers scientists)], Moscow, 336 p. (In Russ.)
A ‘divided history’: the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia in the light of current discussions
... the changes in the culture of remembrance in Russia in general and the Kaliningrad region in particular during the Soviet and post-Soviet periods. Modern historiography is used as an example to demonstrate that ‘memory sites’ and the ‘politics of ... ... Judt, Т. 2011 , «Mesta pamjati» P'era Nora: Ch'i mesta? Ch'ja pamjat'? ["Places of Memory" by Pierre Nora: Whose space? Whose memory?]. In: Imperija i nacija v zerkale istoricheskoj pamjati [Empire and the nation as a mirror of historical ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... Communist and Post-Communist Studies. 1999. Vol. 32. P. 263—279.
2. Anisiewicz R. Changes in fertility and nuptiality in the post-soviet part of Baltic Europe // The Geographical Aspects of the Transformation Process in Central and East-Central Europe ... ... Europe between 1989 and 2003 in the respect of studying the CEFTA // Regional development in the Romanian-Hungarian cross-border space — from national to European perspective
/ eds. I. Süli-Zakar, I. Horga. Debrecen, 2006. Р. 137—142.
50. Rauglaudre ...
The transition process and institutions: on the issue of the standard of living in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe — members of the European Union
... Lipets, Yu. G. 2006, An external factor of regional transformation — price environment of region, country, group of countries with the same price system. In Shuper, V. A. (ed.) VI Socrates Conference ‘The post-industrial transformation of the social space of Russia’, Moscow, Eslan, p. 115—120 (In Russ.).
53. Pilipenko, I. V. 2018, The dynamics of economic development and the evolution of main foreign trade directions of post-Soviet republics, Ekonomika i upravlenie: problemy, resheniya [Economy and Governance: Problems, Solutions], no. 12, vol. 9 (84), p. 12—38 (In Russ.).
54. MacDonald, R., Wójcik, C. 2004, Catching up: The role of demand, supply and regulated price ...