Party system nationalization in Estonia
... bridge the differences between ethnic Estonians and ethnic Russians by assimilating the latter with the former. Since the project will soon turn thirty, it is timely to ask whether it has been a success. This article employs Grigorii Golosov’s index of political party nationalization to understand whether the ‘integration’ project has helped to narrow the ideological divide between ethnic Estonians and ethnic Russians. In other words, the study asks whether ethnic Estonians and ethnic Russians vote for the same ...
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
... vostochnoevropejskih istoricheskih issledovanij [Journal of Russian and East European Studies History], no. 1 (3), p. 124—133.
3. Achkasov, V. А. 2013, "Politika pamjati" kak instrument stroitel'stva postsocialisticheskih nacij ["Politics of memory" as a tool for the construction of the postsocialist nations], Zhurnal sociologii i social'noj antropologii [Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology], no. 4, p. 106—123.
4. Bogaturov, A. D. 2002, «Strategija peremalyvanija» vo vneshnej politike SShA ["The strategy of grinding" in US ...
The ‘hybrid model’ of Norway’s ethnic policy in its northern counties: a key to stable interethnic relations
... the operational capabilities and assessing the efficiency of these models amid increasing migration flows and changes in the country’s socio-economic environment. The methods we use in this multidisciplinary study are situated at the interface of national and international law, political science, history, and sociology. They include the comparative historical method (the dynamics of ethno-political processes), the systemic method (ethic policy in the framework of target-based programme management), the comparative law method ...
National conceptual picture of the world and the political nation
The article shows a link between culture-specific concepts and the phenomenon of political nation. The author reveals political conditionality of national mentality by intercultural communication. All these phenomena and processes are examined from the point of view of a system of synergies. The author identifies the bifurcation points in the ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... nationalism. In: The Baltic states: the national self-determination of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Basingstoke, Macmillan.
18. Vihalemm, T. 2008, Crystallizing and Emancipating Identities in Post-Communist Estonia. In: Kanet, R. E. (ed.) Identities, nations, and politics after Communism, Routledge, p. 77.
elites, ethnic groups, power, recruitment, Baltics
The ethnopolitical movement as a vehicle for nationalism institutionalisation in modern Latvia
... article investigates the Popular Front of Latvia, a public ethnopolitical movement that substantially contributed to the independence of the modern Republic of Latvia. The study aims to identify how much the movement influenced the development of ethnic nationalism, which has become essential to statehood and the identification of politics. It continues to reinforce group inequality in this multiethnic country. The article describes the background and main landmarks of the movement. Content analysis of manifestos has been carried out to trace changes in the Popular Front’s ideological ...
Supranational party system of the EU
... Chelovek. Soobschestvo. Upravlenie [Human. Community. Management], no. 3, p. 51—58.
10. Prohorenko, I. L. 2014, Problema evropeizacii nacionalnih politicheskih partii v gosudarstvah — chlenah Evropeiskogo soyuza [The problem of Europeanization of national political parties in the states — members of the European Union], Chelovek. Soobschestvo. Upravlenie [Human. Community. Management], no. 3, p. 32—40.
11. Reglament Evroparlamenta i Soveta ES, no. 2004/2003 “O statuse i finansirovanii politicheskih ...
Polish-Russian relations as reflected in the programmes of right-wing political parties in Poland: a quantitative and qualitative analysis
... Polish-Russian relations. There are two important conclusions from the qualitative analysis. Firstly, international relations have a pronounced influence on the programmes of political parties. Secondly, as to the right-wing parties considered in the Polish political discourse as pro-Russian (the National Revival of Poland, the National Radical Camp), they are either far from being pro-Russian or Russia is quite low on their agenda.
Poland, political programmes, right-wing parties, Polish-Russian relations
The policy of cosmopolitism: from universalism to pluralism
... democracy], Folio Essais.<br />12. La Nation, l’Europe et la démocratie. Conférence-débat [The Nation, Europe and democracy. Conference-debate], 2001, Cultures en mouvement, no. 35.<br />13. Manent, P. 2006, La raison des nations [The reason nations], Gallimard.<br />14. Rawls, J. 1995, Libéralisme politique [Political liberalism].<br />15. Rechtman, R. 2011, Enquête sur la condition de victime [Survey on the Status of victim], Etudes, no. 4142, p. 175—186.
The Christian right movement in the USA in the 1990s
... the Scientific Study of Religion. 2000. Vol. 39,№ 3.
2. Bolce L., De Maio G. The Anti-Christian Fundamentalist Factor in Contemporary Politics // Public Opinion Quarterly. 1999. Vol. 63, № 4.
3. Brooks C., Manza J. A Great Divide? Religion and Political Change in U. S. National Elections, 1972—2000 // The Sociological Quarterly. 2004. Vol. 45, № 3.
4. Bruce S. Modernity and Fundamentalism: the New Christian Right in America //British Journal of Sociology. 1990. Vol. 44, № 4.
5. Encyclopedia of American Religion ...
On crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of the Baltic States
... their party systems. The author identifies the major crisis trends in the legitimacy of the political regimes of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. The article stresses the problem of legitimacy reproduction resulting from the limited representation of the national party systems. Special attention is paid to compensatory mechanisms used by political elites to ‘artificially’ reproduce legitimacy. It makes sense to analyse the deficit of legitimacy in the Baltic States not only in the context of threats to democratic institutions but also considering weaknesses of public institutions ...
A ‘divided history’: the politics of memory on the territory of the former East Prussia in the light of current discussions
... 1999, Francijapamjat' [France Memory], Saint Petersburg.
12. Schenk, F. B. 2007, Aleksandr Nevskij v russkoj kul'turnoj pamjati: svjatoj, pravitel', nacional'nyj geroj (1263—2000) [Alexander Nevsky Russian cultural memory: saint, the governor, the national hero (1263-2000)], Moscow.
13. Demshuk, A. 2012, The lost German East. Forced migration and the politics of memory, 1945—1970, Cambridge.
14. François, E. Schulze, H. 2001, Deutsche Erinnerungsorte, München, Bd. 1—3.
15. Engel-Braunschmidt, A. “Im Schatten des Schlosses”: Königsberg / Kaliningrad. In: Jaworski, R. [et al.]. (ed.), ...
The concept “people” in A. S. Shishkov’s manifestoes in the discourse of the Patriotic War of 1812
Grebenshchikov, A. E., 2016. Views of Admiral A. S. Shishkov to the class question in Russia. Nauchnye vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Istoriya. Politologiya [Scientific reports of Belgorod State University. Series: History. Political science], 1 (222), pp. 85—89 (in Russ.).
Karamzin, N. M., 1964a. About love for homeland and national pride. In: N. M. Karamzin, ed. Izbrannye sochineniya v dvukh tomakh [Selected works in two volumes]. Vol. 2. Moscow (in Russ.).
Karamzin, N. M., 1964b. Why are there few copyright talents in Russia? In: N. M. Karamzin, ed. Izbrannye sochineniya ...
Historical memory in the age of globalization: the case of Russian- Estonian relations
... author alone bears all the responsibility for the conclusions drawn in the article.
1. Anderson, B. 2001, Voobrazhaemye soobwestva: razmyshlenija ob istokah i rasprostranenii nacionalizma [Imagined Communities: Reflections on the origins and spread of nationalism], Мoscow.
2. Astrov, А. 2009, Etonia: politicheskaja bor'ba za mesto v istorii [Estonia: the political struggle for a place in history], Pro et Contra, no. 3—4 (46), p. 109—124.
3. Braudel, F. 2008, Grammatika civilizacij [Grammar civilizations],Мoscow.
4. Hegel, G. W. F. 1993, Filosofija istorii [Philosophy of History], Moscow.
The “European identity” of today: a category of political practice or discourse?
... обращения: 25.03.2012).
19. Tyler R. White European Integration, Identity and National self Interest: the Enduring Nature of National Identity. URL: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu (дата обращения: 11.03.2012).
20. Valentini C. The Promotion ... ....org/the_promotion_of_european_identity_book%20version.pdf (дата обращения: 19.03.2012).
21. Where does Poland fit in Europe? How political memory influences Polish MEPs’ perceptions of Poland’s place in Europe. URL: http://www.allianceofdemocrats....
Ethno-confessional immigrant ghettos as a national security problem in Denmark’s social and political discourse
... with the democratic values of Danish society guide the actions of ghetto residents. Danish social and political discourse pictures this ideological difference between the host society and Muslim immigrant minorities as a potential threat to Denmark’s national security caused by a combination of political, social, and economic factors. The ensuing social disunity and violation of the country’s territorial integrity take the problem to a regional and international level. Through analysing public speeches of Danish social and political actors,...
Correlation of theory and practice in victorian policies: Edward Derby case
... Minister: the 14th Earl of Derby, Vol. 1, Ascent, 1799—1851. Oxford, 2007.
17. Hawkins A. Victorian Political culture. Oxford, 2015.
18. Hilton B. A Mad, Bad, and Dangerous People? England 1783—1846. Oxford, 2006.
19. Hunt Т. Defining John Bull: Political Caricature and National Identity in Late Georgian England. Aldershot, 2003.
20. Larsen T. A People of One Book: The Bible and the Victorians. Oxford, 2011.
21. Malmesbury, earl of. Memoirs of an Ex-Minister. An Autobiography : in 2 Vol. L., 1885.
22. Mill J. S. Alison’s ...
The formation of the political elite in Lithuania at the turn of the 1980s—1990s: the role of “moral politicians”
... Parliamentary Elite in Post-Communist Lithuania, 1990—2000, Representative Elites in Post-Communist Settings, no. 8, p. 55—67.
14. National Security Concept of the Republic of Estonia, 2010, available at:http://www. vm. ee/sites/default/files/JPA_2010_ENG. ... ... Pareto, V. 1935, The Mind and Society: A Treatise on General Sociology, N. Y.
18. Pettai, V. 2007, The Consolidation of the Political Class in the Baltic States, Paper presented at the 4th General Conference of the European Consortium for Political Research,...
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
5. Neumann, I. B., Gstöhl, S. 2004, Lilliputians in Gulliver’s World? Small States in International Relations. Iceland; University of Iceland, Working Paper, no. 1, 28 p.
6. Katzenstein, P. J. 2003, Small States and Small States Revisited, New Political Economy, Vol. 8, no. 1, p. 9—30. DOI:10/1080/1356346032000078705.
7. Reiter, D. 1996, Crucible of Beliefs: Learning, Alliances and World Wars, N. Y.
8. Alesina, A., Spolaore, F. 1997, On number and size of nations, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 112, no. 4, p. 1027—1056.
9. Alesina, A., Warsziarg, R. 1999, Is Europe going too far? Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, no. 51, p. 1—42.
10. Alesina, A., Spolaore, F., Warsziarg,...
The destinies of the Russian minority in Gdansk (translated from Polish by L. Maltsev)
... Gdansk. It is emphasised that a specific feature of the social and political life of the Russian minority in Gdansk over the mentioned period was the dominance of political activity over other aspects of social life.
emigration, Russian diasporas, political struggle, national identity
Eastern Europe. On the centenary of the political project
5. Lloyd, D., 2002, Ideja prava [The Idea of Law.], Moscow.
6. Walzer, M. 1997, On Toleration. Lectures on ethics, politics and economy, Yale University Press.
7. Fukuyama, F. 2004, State Building: Governance and World Order in the 21st.... ... at the crossroads], Rossija v global'noj politike [Russia in Global Affairs], no. 1.
11. Ohmae, K. 1998, The End of the nation State, London.
12. Mandelc, D., Učakar, T. 2011, Perforated Democracy: Disintegration, State-building, Europeanisation ...
The effect of Covid-19 on labour migration in the CIS
... April 2020, p. 3—13, Moscow, Institute for Economic Policy named after E. T. Gaidar (Gaidar Institute), Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation (RANEPA), available at
https://www.iep.... ... International Population Movements in the Modern World, 5th Ed., Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan.
16. Massey, D. S. 2009, The political economy of migration in an era of globalization. In: Martínez, S. International Migration and Human Rights: The Global ...
The Image of Contemporary Russia n Language and Culture: the Thematic Issue of «Russian Review»
The article is an overview of the thematic issue of the Polish research journal "Russian Review" dedicated to the image of modern Russia in political, media, poetic, marketing and didactic types of discourse. Both national and international research works are taken into consideration. Nowadays researchers become increasingly interested in the category of image. A noticeably stronger position of anthropological, communicative and pragmalinguistic approaches to the ...
Forecasting Actions of Baltic elites: A Scenario Approach
... Hrustalev, M. A. 2015, Analiz mezhdunarodnyh situacij i politicheskaja jekspertiza [Analysis of the International Situation and Political Expertise], Moscow, p. 39—51.
5. Klemeshev, A. P. Mezhevich, N. M., Fedorov, G. M. 2015, The Baltic Sea Region: The ... ... Strengthen Security Cooperation, Backgrounder, no. 2851, The Heritage Foundation.
8. Colomer, J. 2007, Great Empires, Small Nations. The Uncertain Future of the Sovereign State, Routledge.
9. Di Paola, G., Shirreff, R., Heisbourg, F., Szatkowski, T.,...
The concept “people” in the modern European political thought: Hobbes, Spinoza, Pufendorf
... Bd. 4-2. De jure naturae et gentium (Liber quintus-octavus). Herausgegeben von Frank Böhling. Berlin: Akademie Verlag.
Rousseau, J. J., 2001. Du contrat social. Paris: Mozambook.
Skinner, Q., 2018. From Humanism to Hobbes : Studies in Rhetoric and Politics. Cambridge University Press.
Smith, A. D., 2008. The Cultural Foundations of Nations: Hierarchy, Covenant, and Republic. Oxford: Blackwell.
Spinoza, B., 2014. Tutte le opere (Testi originali a fronte). A cura di Andrea di Sangiacomo. Milano: Bompiani.
Viroli, M., 1987. La Théorie Du Contrat Social et Le Concept de République ...
Key conceptual trends in the study of nationalism
The article examines the main approaches to the study of nationalism. The author describes characteristic features of conceptual trends, reveals their strengths and weaknesses. The article shows that in political science there is no single self-sufficient theory that could become an instrument for studying various manifestations of nationalism.
1. Абдулатипов Р. Г. Российская нация. Этнонациональная и гражданская идентичность россиян в современных условиях. М., 2005.
2. Андерсон ...
Transformations in the Communicative Characteristics of Political Discourse in the Current Information Space
... transformations in the cognitive mechanism of PD and traces the emergence of the isomorphism of semiotic systems characteristic of politics/authorities and mass culture. These processes cause the semantic space of PD to embrace mass culture referents.
1.... ... 2017. Viva Activa, ili O deyatel'noi zhizni [Viva Activa, or About active life]. Moscow. pp. 55—66.
4. Achkasov, V. A., 2011. National populism in post-communist countries of Central and Eastern Europe: reasons for the growth of electoral support. Vestnik ...
The Evolution of Settlement Areas of Ingrian Finns in Northwest Russia in the Second Half of the 20th Century
... chislennosti finno-ugorskih narodov Rossii [Dynamics of the number of Finno-Ugric peoples of Russia], Finnougorskij mir [Finno-Ugric World], no. 3 (16), p. 89—97.
10. Musaev, V. I. 2004, Politicheskaja istorija Ingermanlandii v konce XIX — XX veke [Political history Ingermanlandii at the end of XIX — XX century], St. Petersburg, 450 p.
11. Nacional'nyj sostav i vladenie jazykami, grazhdanstvo. Itogi Vserossijskoj perepisi naselenija 2010 goda [National structure and language skills, citizenship. Results of the National Population Census 2010], 2013, Vol. 5. Petrozavodsk, 233 p.
12. Nacional'nyj sostav i vladenie jazykami, grazhdanstvo naselenija Leningradskoj oblasti: Itogi Vserossijskoj ...
Television news as a form of knowledge about politics
... Illusion. N. Y., 2003.
6. Bittner J. R. Mass communication: an introduction. New Jersey, 1989.
7. Culture, media, language / ed. by S. D. Hall, A. Lowe Hobson, R. Willis. London,1982.
8. Dijk T. A. van. News Analysis. Case Studies of International and National News in the Press. Hillsdale, 1988.
9. Emery E. The Press and America. Englewood Cliffs, 1984.
10. Gerbner G. Ideological Perspectives and Political Tendencies in News Reporting //Journalism Quarterly. 1964. № 41. Р. 495—506.
11. Hughes H. M. News and the Human Interest Story. Chicago, 1940.
12. Lippmann W. The public opinion. N. Y., 1922.
13. McQuail D. Mass Communication Theory....
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
... Studying the experience of the Baltic Sea countries in creating a new finance model of responsible investment helped detect national features and development priorities that can be used in Russia in devising the ideology, principles, and mechanism of ... ... p. 341—346.
3. Anderson, G. M. 1989, The butcher, the baker, and the policy-maker: Adam Smith on public choice, History of Political Economy, vol. 21, no. 4, p. 641—659.
4. Blaug, M. 1986, Great economists before Keynes: an introduction to the lives ...
Embedding imagology in Translation Studies
... case study of Ye Junjian's 1958 translation of H. C. Andersen’s tales. In: L. D'hulst, C. O'Sullivan and M. Schreiber, eds. Politics, Policy and Power in Translation History. Berlin: Frank & Timme. pp. 95—112.
Marinetti, C., 2011. Cultural approaches.... ... Handbook of Translation Studies. Vol. 2. Amsterdam & Philadelphia: John Benjamins. pp. 26—30.
Realo, A. and Allik, J., 2017. National character. In: V. Zeigler-Hill and T. K. Shackelford, eds. Encyclopedia of Personality and Individual Differences. ...
The facets of German mentality and the search for a national identity in Germany’s sociocultural context at the turn of the century
... in the transitional period of the reunification of Germany. Another objective is to analyze the search for a new national identity at the turn of the century in the sociocultural context. To this end, the authors conduct a diachronic analysis of the national literary consciousness. The article identifies the psychological, sociocultural, political, and ideological causes of ambivalence in the reception of the phenomenon by members of a divided nation.
1. Телькамп У. Башня. Истории с затонувшей земли. Отрывки из романа // Иностранная ...
Human capital of young public and political figures: A resource approach
... capital of young public and political figures in modern Russian society. Based on the methodology of resource approach and the methods of modern statistics, the author identifies three groups of young public and political figures: political leaders, political activists, and social activists, which makes it possible to demonstrate differentiation within this category. The results of an online survey of the participants of the Seliger-2013 national youth forum (N = 439) served as the empirical basis of the study.
1. Бедность и бедные в современной России / под ред. М. К. Горшкова, Н. Е. Тихоновой. М., 2014. 304 с.
2. Бурдьё ...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
... Islamic Terrorism', The Atlantic, 18 November 2016, available at:
22. Laats, J. M. 2015, Ilves: Russia will not attack Baltic nations, Eesti Rahvusringhääling, 14 December 2015, available at:
23. Full Speech: President-Elect Donald Trump "THANK YOU" Rally in Cincinnati, Ohio, 2015, Clearing House, 05 December 2016,...
The concept “people” in the Cadet Party rhetoric
... origin by the dichotomy “power — people”, which was democratic in nature. The “people” included the educated public and was opposed to the “authorities”. In its new meaning, “people” was seen as the “third class”, the future civil nation, called to construct a political system based on the idea of popular sovereignty. In this sense, the Cadet ideology was revolutionary and implied a break from the Ancien régime. The “people” were not considered as some unique whole but rather as an integral part of ...
Borders and Identity in Theory and Practice of the Eastern Baltic Region
At the present stage of social development in Europe and Russia, studies analyzing and evaluating ethnic and national borders are of increasing relevance. Over the last three decades, the state borders in the Baltic region have been stable,... ... after the disintegration of the USSR. However, escalation of the conflict was historically and geographically predetermined. The political borders of post-Soviet states do not coincide with the ethnic ones and, therefore, the attempts to consolidate states ...
Territorial differences in the attitudes to the migration crisis in Germany: The political aspect
... Labor Market Competition and Individual Preferences Over Immigration Policy, Rev. Econ. Stat., Vol. 83, no. 1, p. 133—145.
4. Kinder, D., Kam, C. 2009, Us Against Them: Ethnocentric Foundations of American Opinion, Chicago, IL.
5. Hopkins, D. J. 2011, National Debates, Local Responses: The Origins of Local Concern about Immigration in Britain and the United States, Brit. J. Polit. Sci., no. 41, p. 499—524.
6. Lyalina, А. V. 2016, Theoretical approaches to modeling the consequences of labor migration for host territories, Regional'nye issledovaniya [Regional studies], no. 2 (52), p. 66—71. (In Russ.)
7. Mayda, A. 2006,...
Key Directions of Sectoral and Spatial Changes in the Russian Industry
... spatial and industrial system during economic transition. Current factors, features, patterns and trends in the transformation of national industrial systems are identified; a mechanism for devising and implementing a more structured industrial policy in Russia ... ... and the New Economics of Competition, Harvard Business Review, November-December, p. 77—90.
32. Wallerstein, I. 1984, The politics of the world economy, Paris, 295 p.
industry, spatial and industrial changes, transition period, transformation ...
Russia’s political risk for the foreign investors: A special emphasis on Kaliningrad
The Moscow Times
, March 19, 2009.
Putin Wants Loopholes Closed,
The Moscow Times
, February 5, 200
Oil Exploration Law May New Revisions,
The Moscow Times
, June 24, 2009.
Imperial Nationalism in Russia,
Russian analytical digest
Government Finds 400 Towns Like Pikalyovo,
The Moscow Times
, August 18, 2009.
Fascist Tendencies in Russia’s Political Establishment: The Rise of the International Eurasian Movement,
Russian analytical digest
Human Development Report 2007/2008
URL: http://hdrstats. undp. org. (дата обращения: 5.03.2010).
The influence of political and socioeconomic processes in the Russian Empire on the development of the Baltic Fleet
... архив Военно-морского флота. Ф. 417.
12. Назаренко К. Б. Морское министерство России. 1906—1914. СПб., 2010.
слова (англ.) Russian Empire, Baltic fleet, politics, economics, development, national interests
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
Traditionally, studies into a state’s foreign policy focus on the international situation and national interests of the parties. However, such approach does not completely conform to the objectives of studies into the foreign ... ... example of unique integration of states. One of the modern approaches aimed to describe the nature of the EU as an actor in world politics is the concept of the EU’s ‘normative power’ arguing that the ‘power’ of the EU lies in the ability to change ...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... Opportunity, adelphy Papaers, London, p. 77—100.
27. Making Sense of Ballistic Missile Defense: An Assessment of Concepts and Systems for U. S. Boost-Phase Missile Defense in Comparison to Other Alternatives Committee, 2012, Washington, 282 p.
28. National Security Strategy, 2015, Washington, 29 p.
29. NATO official: Russia now an adversary, 2014, available at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/nato-official-russia-now-an-adversary/2014/05/01/f7af778e-d141-11e3-a714-be7e7f142085_story.html (accessed 10.08.2014).
30. Quadrennial Defense Review 2014, 2014, Washington: Department of Defense, 64 p.
31. Rasmussen, A. 2015, NATO’s New ...
The development of nationalist identities in the Baltics: The Latvian aspect
... development of post-Soviet nationalist identity in Latvia under the influence of nationalist neo-Nazi organizations and persuasion. The ethnic component occupies a central place in today's political identification in Latvia. It is proved that major political groups and parties recognize and proclaim nationalist principles regardless of their basic ideology.
1. Parming T. Nationalism in Soviet Estonia since 1964 // Nationalism in the USSR and Eastern Europe in the era of Brezhnev and Kosygin. Detroit, 1977.
2. Park A. Turning-points of post-communist transition: Lessons from the case of Estonia // Proceedings of the ...
Political technologies and international conflicts in the information space of the Baltic Sea region
... of the mythologisation of the policies of the regional social structures. The conflict must be urgently resolved, since the political technologies, which cause instability in the information space, damage the reputations of all the states involved. To ... ... social partnership.
Kirilenko V. P., Alexeyev G. V.
information security, Baltic Sea common information space, media, national interests, diplomacy, information operations, Baltic region, international cooperation
The open method of coordination as a new form of governance: features, characteristics, prospects of application
... modes of governance. Integrated project. Project no. CITI-CT-2004-506392. Priority 7 — citizens and governance in the knowledge — based society.
02/D09. 2005. July
by Working Group 4a: Involving experts in the process of national policy convergence. 2001. June
The open method of coordination as a ‘two-level game’. Policy and politics. Vol. 36:2. 2008. January.
The open method of coordination: a new policy paradigm? Paper presented at the First Pan-European Conference on European Union Politics «The Politics of European integration: academic ...
Economic Development of the Baltic and Nordic Countries: Characteristics of Еconomic Models
... in forecasting their future economic prospects. The Nordic countries are connected with the Baltics through culture, history, politics, and economy. These states have a common interest of ensuring stability, security, and welfare in the Baltic region.... ... answer the question as to why the Nordic model of economic development is acclaimed internationally for the effective use of national and external resources, which is not the case in the Baltics. The Nordic and Baltic national models demonstrate that ...
Motors for regional development: impact on regional political organizations on the university cooperation in the Baltic Sea region
Educational co-operation is one of the main aspects of the regional political agenda in the Baltic Sea Region. The article analyzes the political impact of the organizations, as perceived by the universities in the region and political decision-makers on national and regional levels. Based on the success of the OECD in becoming an influential actor in educational policies, this article discusses different strategies for the regional political organizations to enhance their influence.
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... ST-elevation myocardial infarction incidence during COVID-19 epidemic in Northern Europe // Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. 2020.
29. Kaša R., Mieriņa I. (eds.). The Emigrant Communities of Latvia. National Identity, Transnational Belonging, and Diaspora Politics. Springer, 2019.
30. Krišjāne Z., Apsīte-Beriņa E., Bērziņš M. Circularity within the EU: the return intentions of Latvian migrants // Return Migration and Regional Development in Europe: Mobility ...
An escape from the embrace of politics. A study into the cultures of remembrance as a means to encourage a historical dialogue in Lithuanian-Russian relations
... President of Russia to the Federal Assembly], 25.04.2005, available at:http://www. rg. ru/2005/04/25/poslanie-text. html (accessed 12 January 2012).
2. Safronovas, V. 2009, O tendencijah politiki vospominanija v sovremennoj Litve [On the trends in modern politics memories Lithuania], Ab Imperio: Studies of New Imperial History and Nationalism in the Post-Soviet Space, no 3, p. 424—458.
3. Kasparavičius, A., Laurinavičius, Č., Lebedeva N. (eds.). 2006, SSSR i Litva v gody Vtoroi mirovoi voiny: Sbornik dokumentov [Soviet Union and Lithuania during
the Second World War: a collection ...
The Baltic Sea Region and the Black Sea Area: Two Pieces of the Same Puzzle
The Historical Structure of Conflicts in the Baltic Area and the Long — term National Interests of Russia // Knudsen O. F. Stability and Security in the Baltic sea Region, Russian, Nordic and European Aspects.... ... 1999.
Empire ottoman, le déclin, la chute, l’effacement,
Edition du Félin.
Politics of the
: Dynamics of Cooperation and Conflict.
Nordic security in the 1990s,...