Motivations of Russian firms to invest abroad: how do sanctions affect Russia’s outward foreign direct investment?
... available at: http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/#version:static_country:Russia (accessed 19.07.2015).
22. Fortescue, S., Hanson, P. 2015, What drives Russian outward foreign direct investment? Some observations on the steel industry, Post-Communist Economies, Vol. 27, no. 3, p. 283-305.
23. Franco, C., Rentocchini, F., Marzetti, G. V. 2008, Why Do Firms Invest Abroad? An Analysis of the Motives Underlying Foreign Direct Investment, Social Science Research Network, available at: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1283573 (accessed 19.07.2015).
24. Ozerov, K. 2014, “The Golden Visas”. Where to buy a residence permit in Europe? Grape Communications, available at: http://ee24.com/daily/article/thegolden-visas-where-to-buy-a-residence-permit-in-europe/ ...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... innovacionnoj sfere na Baltike [The potential for cooperation between Russia and the EU in innovation in the Baltic Sea] // Regional'nye issledovanija [Regional studies], no. 3,p. 57—64.
13. Fedorov, G. M. 2013, Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU, Baltic Region, no. 1 (15), p. 4—18. doi:10.5922/ 2079-8555-2013-1-1.
14. Filippov, P. N. 2005, Internalizacija mezhotraslevyh kompleksov (na primere jenergeticheskih klasterov Severo-zapada Rossii i Finljandii) ...
Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of innovative development of tourism: the case of the Lithuania — Poland — Russia cross-border cooperation programme
... processes. Innovative development is often reduced to the introduction of new information technologies, i. e. informatization replaces innovative development. However, it is important to take into account other innovative tools: for instance, interactive network museums in developing innovative tourist attraction objects, e-marketing in introducing innovations in tourist product promotion, programmes of private- public partnership in the field of public regulation and tourism stimulation, etc. These technologies ...
Innovative economy in the Baltic Sea region
... region of new development], Moscow, Ves’ Mir.
17. Mattsson, L. G., Pettigrew, A. M. 1987, Management of Strategic Change in a «Markets-as-Networks» Perspective, Oxford, Blackwell.
18. Toledano, J. A. 1978, Propos des filières industrielles, Revue d'Economie industrielle, no. 6.
19. Dahmen, E. 1950, Entrepreneurial Activity and the Development of Swedish Industry, 1919—1939, Stockholm.
20. Mindich, D. 2011, Trojnaja spiral' po-shvedski [Threefold spiral in Swedish], Expert, no. 35.
Measuring performance of cultural organizations on the data of the envelopment analysis
... multiple outputs: evidence from a regional system of museums in Spain // International journal of cultural policy. 2014. Vol. 20, № 2. P. 221—238.
13. Guccio C., Mignosa A., Rizzo I. Are public state libraries efficient? An empirical assessment using network Data Envelopment Analysis // Socio-Economic Planning Sciences. 2018. URL:
. org/10.1016/j. seps.2018.01.001 (дата обращения: 10.01.2018).
14. Marco-Serrano F. Monitoring managerial efficiency in the performing arts: A ...
About one training course of mathe-matical modeling
... Evolution. Cambridge, 2010.
5. Frank M., Wolfe P. An algorithm for quadratic programming // Naval research logistics quarterly. 1956. Vol. 3, N 1–2. P. 95–110.
6. Nesterov Y., de Palma A. Stationary Dynamic Solutions in Congested Transportation Networks: Summary and Perspectives // Networks Spatial Econ. 2003. N 3(3). P. 371—395.
7. Вильсон А. Дж. Энтропийные методы моделирования сложных систем. М., 1978.
8. Ortúzar J. D., Willumsen L....
Knowledge Management and the Increase of SME Competitiveness: a Case Study
... enhance the competitiveness and innovation capacity of small and medium enterprises is one of the key objectives of emerging EU economies. In this regard, the authors define the role of knowledge in enhancing business competitiveness in a regional economy.... ... competitive advantage in firms. Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes 82 (1), 2000.
27. Skyrme D. Knowledge Networking, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, 1999.
28. Nemati H. Global Knowledge Management: Exploring a Framework for Research ...
Media images of the Kaliningrad region in the structure of migration attitudes of millennials and the reform generation
.... E. 2015, Outbound migration of residents of the Magadan region, Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research], no. 9, p. 80—85 (in Russ.).
27. Taranova, Yu. V. 2010, Traditional and new media in regional image-making in the information network society, Izvestiya Altaiskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Altai State University], no. 4—1 (68), p. 309—312 (in Russ.).
28. Vdovina, E. L., Kruglova, A. V. 2009, Assessment of the migration attractiveness of the depressed regions ...
The European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and accomplishments
... the beginning of its civilization development. Since 2004, the Baltic Sea has become an internal sea of the European Union. This fact no doubt strengthened the cooperation of the countries in the region. In many spheres, these ties take the form of networking. The EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region is an important stimulus for further integrations. The objective of the article is to identify changing trends and the structural transformation in the Baltic integration process instigated by the ...
On digitalization of the Kaliningrad region as an economic security element
... affordability of information and communication technologies for them, human resources of the digital economy, the presence of a digital portrait of companies and the level of their internal digitalization, the development of e-commerce and digital networks, information security. The research is carried out in the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation in 2010—2018. The results of the study have shown that the level of digitalization of the economy of the Kaliningrad region correlates with ...
Interregional and cross-country flows of labor resources in the Kaliningrad region: factors and vectors in the contemporary Eurasian context
... Ghatak S., Pop-Silaghi M. I., Daly V. Trade and migration flows between some CEE countries and the UK // Journal of International Trade & Economic Development. 2009. Vol. 18. P. 61—78.
8. White R. Immigrant-trade links, transplanted home bias and network effects // Applied Economics. 2007. Vol. 39, № 7. P. 839—852.
9. Larramona G., Sanso M. Migration dynamics, growth and convergence // DTECONZ. 2005. № 9. URL:
(дата обращения: 24....
An Attempt to the economic and geographical analysis of the differentiation of the Russian Federation subjects on of the level and dynamics of the retail trade development
... presented in graphs and tables. They can be used to justify the regional policy of the Federation in promoting retail trade development. The authorities of the subjects of the Russian Federation can study the experience of more advanced regions, while network retailers can determine geographical vectors of their expansion.
1. Аксёнов К. Э. Изменения в размещении розничной торговли и услуг при переходе к рыночной экономике ...
Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Tourism between Russia and Europe
... Ioannides, D., Debbage, K. G. (eds.), The Economic Geography of the Tourist Industry: A Supply-side Analysis, New York, Routledge, p. 31—52.
7. Stabell, C. B., Fjeldstad, Ø. D. 1998, Configuring value for competitive advantage: On chains, shops and networks, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 19, p. 413—437.
8. Goeldner, C. R., Ritchie, J. R. B., McIntosh, R. W. 2000, Tourism Components and Supply. In: Tourism: Principles, Practices, Philosophies, New York, John Wiley and Sons Ltd, p. 362—393....
Russia and the European Union in the Baltic region: a treacherous path to partnership
... A. 2012, Laboratories of European Integration: City-Twinning in Northern Europe, Tartu, Peipsi Center for Transboundary Cooperation.
12. Joint position on the implementation of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region adopted by B7 Baltic Islands Network, Baltic Development Forum, Baltic Sea States Subregional Cooperation, CPMR Baltic Sea Commission, Euroregion Baltic and Union of the Baltic Cities, 2012, April, available at: http://www.ubc.net/plik,3338.html (accessed 24 August 2012).
A Situational Approach to Strategic Management and Monitoring of Regional and Urban Development
... available at: www.cityindicators.org/Default.aspx (accessed 1 October 2012).
6. Parnreiter, C. 2009, Megacities in the Geography of Economic Governance, Die Erde, Vol. 140, no. 4, p. 371—390.
7. Taylor, P. J. 2001, Specification of the World Cities Network, Geographical Analysis, no. 2, p. 181—194.
8. The Economist. World in Figures, 2011, available at: http:// www.economist.com/theworldin/2011 (accessed 17 September 2012).
9. Urban Indicators Guidelines, 2004, Monitoring Habitat Agenda and Millennium ...
Russophone immigration to Finland: new forms, trends, and consequences
... käytäntöjä [The Welfare in the Everyday of Russian Immigrant Women Living on the Border], Tampere, Vastapaino, p.169—188.4.
1. Alho, R., Helander, M. 2016, Foreign Seasonal Farm Workers’ Strategies at the Margins of the Finnish Welfare State: Informal networks and weak ties, Nordic Journal of Migration Research, vol. 6, no. 3, p. 148—157. doi:
6. Brylka, A., Mähönen T. & Jasinskaja-Lahti, I., 2015, National identification and attitudes towards Russian ...
Impact of remigration on the worksphere under Covid-19: the case of Lithuania
... immigration: a critical review of current efforts, Ethnic and Racial Studies, vol. 24, no. 4, p. 549—77. doi:
33. Snel, E., Engbersen, G., Leerkes, A. 2006, Transnational involvement and social integration, Global Networks, vol. 6, no. 3, p. 285—308. doi:
34. Siar, S. 2011, Skilled Migration, Knowledge Transfer and Development: The Case of the Highly Skilled Filipino Migrants in New Zealand and Australia, Journal ...
When and why regional clusters become basic building blocks of modern economy
... innovation clusters as complex adaptive systems. Clusters have become a typical pattern of industrial organization in national economies under their transition to innovation-driven model of growth. We provide an overview of the contribution of various theoretical ... ... developing collaboration among economic agents. We show that clusters occupy a central place among various types of business networks and have a comparative edge making them key building blocks of the modern industrial landscape. Further, we explain how ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
. (accessed 24.01.2017).
8. Räikkönen, Ju., Honkanen, A. 2015, The Helsinki-Tallinn tunnel — possibilities for Finnish and Estonian tourism, Baltic Rim Economies, no. 4, p. 33.
9. The European cycle route network EuroVelo, 2012, European Parliament's Committee on Transport and Tourism, European Union, Brussels, p. 190.
10. The official Central and Eastern European Greenways website, available at:
Innovative security of the region: the problem of the formation of the innovation environment of the Kaliningrad region
... Europe. P., 1986.
21. Becattini G. Riflessioni sul distretto industriale marshalliano come concetto socioeconomic // Statoe Mercato. 1989. № 25. P. 111—128.
22. Camagni R. Introduction: from the local «milieu» to innovation through cooperation networks // Innovation networks: spatial perspectives. L., 1991. P. 1—8.
23. Cooke P., Morgan K. The Network Paradigm: New Departures in Corporate and Regional Development // Environment and Planning D: Society and Space. 1993. № 11. P. 543—564....
Legal aspects of the EU policy on irregular immigration
... 22 October 2013 establishing the European Border Surveillance System (Eurosur), 2013, Official Journal L, no. 295, 6.11.2013, p. 11–26.
22. Council Regulation (EC) No 377/2004 of 19 February 2004 on the creation of an immigration liaison officers network, 2004, Official Journal L, no. 064, 02.03.2004, p. 0001 – 0004.
23. U beregov Sicilii spaseny bolee 740 migrantov [Off the coast of Sicily rescued more than 740 migrants], 2015, BBC, available at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/russian/rolling_news/2015/05/150529_rn_mediterranean_migrants ...
Application of dimension reduction methods in objects homogeneity evaluation: airport network analysis
An application of dimension reduction methods in the analysis of the phenomena of socio-economic systems by analyzing the choice of direction of development of socio-economic development is considered. In particular it is shown that the use of algorithms dimension reduction methods the probability of error when estimating posterior probabilities of belonging to the class of homogeneous objects, obtained in the result of solving the problem of discriminant analysis
1. Смирнов О. А. Мониторинг...
The Kaliningrad Region as a Potential Coastal Transport Cluster
... // Journal of Transport Geography.2014. № 34. P. 305—306.
2. Witlox F., Derudder B., Van Acker V. Transport geography in Belgium //Ibid. 2013. № 29. P. 108—110.
3. Martí-Henneberg J. European integration and national models for railway networks (1840—2010) // Ibid. № 26. P. 126—138.
4. Kuhnimhof T., Buehler R., Wirtz M. et al. Travel trends among young adults in Germany: Increasing multimodality and declining car use for men // Ibid. 2012.№ 24. P. 443—450.
5. Скопина ...
Human Resources of Post-war Lithuania and Their Role in the Rebuilding of Klaipeda
... the Centre with the request to send a substantial number of specialists and workers to Lithuania were heard, but a state ravaged by war did not have sufficient human resources. One of the solution was the use of labour of German prisoners of war. A network of prisoner-of-war camps was established in Lithuania. In a matter of two to three years, PWs completed a significant amount of work aimed at the rebuilding of important infrastructural objects. The case of Klaipeda is used to demonstrate the ...
Construction of transport and energy networks in the Baltic region as an impetus for regional development
... development. We look at the role and significance of transportation and energy projects as an instrument of economic development. Having studied the largest transport and energy projects in the Baltic region, we were able to show that the new infrastructure networks supported the investment expansion of Swedish and Finnish companies into the post-communist countries of the Baltic Region. Which, in its turn, allowed the Nordic investors to expand their domestic markets. The analysis also shows that the experience ...
Strategic perspectives for the territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region
... of preparing a perspective for territorial development of the Baltic Sea Region and discusses issues related to its implementation. Particular attention is paid to Northwest Russia and Kaliningrad region. Promoting innovation clusters, metropolitan networks and urban-rural partnerships, improving accessibility as well as enhancing maritime spatial planning and management are key issues to be solved in transnational cooperation
— Gdansk Declaration. Sixth Conference of ...
Literary scandal in cubo-futurism poetics and the communicative behaviour of recipients
The article deals with a ‘literary scandal’ as a mode and a script of communication within cubo-futurists poetic circles as far as the communication between poets and their addressees during a public performance is concerned. The latter is an essential component of the “literary everyday routine” of the poetic circles analysed. Not only does scandal betray an intention of insulting the recipient but also it is due to the scandal that the avant-garde author could find the addressee, become...
Active derivational models of the Russian language based on the «Corona» vocabulary
... units related to the topic of the coronavirus pandemic. For this purpose, the author collected the card index of lexical units which includes 186 items corresponded to the search parameters from various publicistic web-based media, mass media, social networks, blogs, forums using the continuous sampling method. The result of the study has shown that lexical neologisms are characterized by occasional, expressive and evaluative nature. Word-building patterns correspond to the productive models of ...
Innovative development of rural settlements of the Leningrad region
... Determinants of innovation performance of organizations in a regional innovation system from a developing country // International Journal of Innovation Science. 2020. № 12 (3). P. 345—362. doi: 10.1108/IJIS-03-2020- 0023.
17. Reidolf M. Knowledge networks and the nature of knowledge relationships of innovative rural SMEs // European Journal of Innovation Management. 2016. № 19 (3). P. 317—336. doi: 10.1108/EJIM-06-2015-0043.
18. Rural innovation case study: using light sites to drive rural ...
Modern indicators of urban development: challenges and opportunities for creating integral approaches to city management
... assessment of urban development rates in the world. In modern Russia, this need is reaffirmed by the transformation of regional economies, the economic acceleration of many major cities, and by the active introduction of strategic management tools (KPI, ... ... 175—192.
21. Sassen S. The global city: New York, London, Tokyo. Princeton, NJ, 2001.
22. Taylor P. Measuring the world city network: New results and developments // GaWC Research Bulletin 300. URL:
Social media interfaces as a representation of cultural meanings
... Federation” of 12/29/1995 N 223-FZ]. Available at:
[Accessed 23 June 2018].
Shchekoturov, A. V., 2017. From flirting to sex change online: teenage practices of alternative self-presentations on the social network VKontakte. Monitoring obshchestvennogo mneniya: ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny [Monitoring Public Opinion: Economic and Social Changes], 6(142), pp. 327—343 (in Russ.).
Dou, X., 2011. The Influence of Cultures on SNS usage: Comparing ...
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
... the city authorities allowed the port administration to improve road access to the port of Gdynia. The key investment project aims to link the port of Gdynia to the TriCity ring road. Apart from it, there are plans to improve access to the railroad network. Railway line 201 to Bydgoszcz is to be modernised to transport cargoes from Gdynia further inland. The current and future strategic investments create conditions for growth in handling both container and other types of cargo in the port of Gdynia ...
Border functions as a factor of development of border regions and the formation of cross-border regions
... Географическая граница как фактор районообразования. Географические границы / под ред. Б. Б. Родомана и Б. М. Эккеля. М., 1982.
12. Cappelin R., Batey P. Regional Networks, Border Regions and European Integration. Pion ; L., 1993.
13. Helliwell J. F. Do national borders matter for Quebec's trade? // Canadian Journal of Economics. 1994. Vol. 29, no. 4. P. 509—522.
14. Linders G. J. M. Intangible barriers to trade ...
Modern marketing practices: a preliminary comparative analysis of studies in developed and developing countries
13. Morgan R., Hant S. Relationship marketing in the era of network competition //Journal of Marketing Management. 1995. Vol. 3, № 1. P. 19—28.
14. Palmer R., Wilson H. An exploratory ... ... 169—187.
15. Pels J., Brodie R. J., Johnston W. J. Benchmarking business-to-business practices in emerging and developed economies: Argentina compared to the USA and New Zealand // Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing. 2004. Vol. 19, № 6. ...
Euroregion as a factor of social and economic development of the region
... article is devoted to the study of euroregional development hystory. It also explores the analysis of foreign countries experience in crossborder cooperation. Importance of Euroregions is identified. Euroregion «Baltic» and the Balic euroregional network.
развития межрегионального ...
Evolution of International Research Cooperation models in the Contemporary Foreign Policy Environment
... Mezhdunarodnaja dejatel'nost' universitetov (na primere Evropy) [The international activity of universities (for example Europe)], Vestnik MGIMO University, no. 1.
2. Zhukovsky, I. I. 2013, Universitet v setevyh svjazjah sovremennogo mira [University in the networking of the modern world], Vestnik MGIMO University, no. 2.
3. Lebedeva, М. М., For, Zh. 2009, Vysshee obrazovanie kak potencial «mjagkoj sily» Rossii [Higher education as a potential "soft power" of Russia], Vestnik MGIMO University,...
Migration and the Transformation of Multiethnic Population Structure in the Kaliningrad Region of the Post-Soviet Era
... major reasons behind the incoming and outgoing movement of population. In the post-Soviet period the Kaliningrad region has experienced positive net migration. This active migration into the region has contributed to the development of “migration networks” and established a new basis for further population increase through migration. The article describes changes in the regional multiethnic population structure and identifies key factors behind them. It is concluded that migration has played ...
Gas infrastructure development in the countries of East Baltic as a way to increase energy security
... ee/631174/v-sillamjaje-planirujut-postroit-krupnyjterminal-szhizhennogo-gaza/ (accessed 25 December 2012).
15. Prem'er: Riga — luchshee mesto dlja stroitel'stva terminala SPG [Premier:Riga — best place to build LNG terminal], 2011, Baltic News Network, 27 December, available at: http://bnn-news. ru/premer-riga-luchshee-mesto-dlya-stroitelstvaterminala-spg-43846 (accessed 25 December 2012).
16. Lembergs: terminal SPG nuzhno stroit' v Ventspilse [Lembergs: to build LNG terminal in Ventspils],...
Historical memory in the age of globalization: the case of Russian- Estonian relations
This article contributes to the discussion within the "Towards the Common Past" international academic network bringing together scholars from Russia, the Baltic States and the Nordic countries. It assesses the relationship between globalization and historical memory, thus contributing to the discussion on globalization and the roles and applications of ...
Opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region
... on opportunities for studying cultural landscapes in the Kaliningrad region and offers methodology for it. The author outlines types of the information required: genetic types of natural landscapes, spatial settlement and land use features, and the network components of the landscapes environment.
1. Berg, L. S. 1915. Izv. RGO, Part. 51, Vyp. 9, pp. 463—475.
2. Vedenin, Ju. A. Kuleshova, M. E. 2001. Izv. RAN, Ser. geogr.,№ 1, pp. 7—14.
3. Vedenin, Ju. A., Kuleshova, M. E. Kul'turnye landshafty ...
Population change in global urban regions
26. Shanghai Statistical Yearbook. 2007. Shanghai.
27. Statistisches Jahrbuch Frankfurt am Main, 2007. 2008. Frankfurt am Main.
28. Summary of Vital Statistics. 1995—2007. The City of New York. New York.
29. Taylor, P. 2004. World City Network: А Global Urban Analysis. London.
30. The 2008 Global Cities Index. 2008. In: Foreign Policy. October 15.
31. Features of the Global Power City Index (GPCI). 2009.
32. Tokyo Statistical Yearbook. 2008. Tokyo.
33. Wallerstein, I. The Modern ...
The assessment of the influence of energy industries on the economic development prospects and the social environment of the Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation
This article offers the results of research conducted in the Kaliningrad region in the framework of the "Development of Russian Energy Sector: Social and Environmental Consequences and Prospects" network project by the Centre for Advanced Studies and Education. The authors assess the structure of regional energy sector and its influence on the economy according to key parameters. The article analyses the social effect of energy sector on the basis ...