Project-based learning as a means of developing cognitive abilities of exchange medical students
... the need to develop foreign language students ' abilities to cognitive, emotional-evaluative and transformative activities in the learning process of Rus-skomu as a foreign language materials on the medical theme- Tiki. Deals with practical aspects of independent design activities of students. Shown educational technology, design method, techniques and methods of cognitive development SPO-the ability aimed at obtaining practical results. Describes the types of activities teachers and foreign language ...
Principles of geological interpretation of the scattered waves field
... the forecast of fracture cavernous reservoirs. These reservoirs are very perspective object for oil deposits exploration. The researchers are based on original prestack migration method — Common Scattering Point, which makes it possible to get two independent time cubes: reflected waves cube and scattered waves cube. The last are generated in fractured zones.
1. Кремлев А. Н., Ерохин Г. Н., Зверев М. А. и др. Волновое ОГТ — новый метод исследования ...
Role of Knowledge Improvement Tests in the System of Pedagogical Diagnostic Methods
... тестирования в образовании: дис. … д-ра пед. наук. М., 2001. 324 с.
knowledge improvement tests, training individualisation, pedagogical
diagnostics methods, lecture, practice, consultation, independent work.
The interaction between Lithuania and the USSR in 1920: disputable aspects
... parlamentinė patirtis:
sprendimų politika, tikslai, aplinkybės. Vilnius, 2000. P. 33—40.
10. Łossowski P. Konflikt polsko-litewski 1918—1920. Warszawa, 1996.
11. Skirius J. US Government Policy toward Lithuania 1920—1922: recognition of Lithuanian Independence. Chicago ; Illinois, 2000.
12. Senn A. E. The great powers, Lithuania and the Vilna question, 1920—1928.Leiden, 1966.
13. Шубин И. Париж — Варшава — Вильно: Виленщина на перекрестке империалистических ...
Between faith and disbelief: the theme of life and death in Yu. N. Ivanov’s novel Dances in the Crematory: Ten Episodes from the Life of Königsberg
... moral, philosophical, and fictional ones. These oppositions emphasise the novel’s leitmotif (the metaphor of the road as a person’s life journey) and its central moral-philosophical idea and dilemma — the tragic fate of a person who has chosen the independent path of overcoming death with life. I stress the correlation between the themes of life and death, which gravitate in the novel towards a difficult, yet clear victory of life over death. I trace how the autobiographical character- narrator ...
The background knowledge as a language indicator of the intentional manipulative proposition
16. For Russia, this is the end of an era. URL: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/dec/11/russia-protests-vladimir-putin (дата обращения: 06.03.2012).
17. Mr. Putin must not stifle this chance for a change. URL: http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/leading-articles/leading-article-mr-putin-must-not-stifle-thischance-for-change-7537784.html (дата обращения: 08.05.2012).
18. Occupy the Kremlin: Russia’s Election Lets Loose Public Rage. URL: http://www.time....
The role of individual work in the development of creative competency in bachelors of education (The case of the Basics of Mathematical Information Processing course )
... С. 244—251.
10. Мостеллер Ф. Пятьдесят занимательных вероятностных задач с решениями / пер. с англ. ; изд. 2-е. М., 1975.
Mikhalkina E., Egorova I.
creative competence, independent work of students, Basics of Mathematical Information Processing».
The synergy effect of economic metaphor in the interdiscursive space
14. Financial Mirror (Cyprus). 2013. 18 Mar. URL: http://www.thefreelibrary.com (дата обращения: 21.03.2013).
15. Gulf Times. 2013. 16 Mar. URL: http://www.thefreelibrary.com (дата обращения: 21.03.2013).
16. Independent Television News Limited (ITN). 2013. 14 Mar. URL: http://www.thefreelibrary.com (дата обращения: 25.03.2013).
17. Times of Oman. 2013. 18 Mar. URL: http://www.thefreelibrary.com (дата обращения: 24.03.2013).
Border functions as a factor of development of border regions and the formation of cross-border regions
The border as a spatial and socio-cultural phenomenon has been an immediate subject of study for a long time. A convincing reason supporting this statement is the existence of an independent branch of science on borders, "limology" (Latin: limes — Border). For the geographical sciences border is also a traditional subject of study, where the interest focuses on its impact on the geographical objects (border regions) ...
North-West Russia in the context of European integration
... with the EU, in order to examine the issue of Russia using the geographical factor, which Otto von Bismarck called the most powerful and intrinsic factor in history. The significance of this factor increased after the Cold War. It was then when the independent Baltic States became a platform for emergence and recognition of the Baltic Sea region. The author focuses on the social and cultural integrity of the region and considers the traditional Nordic countries and the Baltic Sea states as interrelated ...
The linguistic paradigm in Kant studies
This article discusses the potential of the linguistic persona theory in the linguistic studies of Kant’s texts. Linguistic Kant studies is a scientific discipline focusing on the language of Kant's works. Such a study can be either independent or integrated int a logicalphilosophical analysis. The author emphasizes Kant’s contribution to the German philosophical and scientific discourse of the Enlightenment and summarizes current findings on the philosopher’s style and language....
The system of financing political parties in Latvia
... Republic of Latvia. The author analyses the participation of financial and economic groups in the country’s political life. Key business actors affecting the formation of Latvian political system are identified. It is concluded that, since regaining independence in 1991, business has been a principal source of financing for Latvian political parties. The scope of financing of political parties in the republic depends on the intensity of political struggle and increases in the period of election campaigns....
Reflections on the dictionary of an integral type
The article focuses on the issue of an integral word description in dictionaries. The principle of integrity implies that the most complete information about a word is included in its dictionary entry. The word is an independent two-sided and multifunctional unit of a language, respectively, it raises the issue of the amount and type of information about the lexical unit in the dictionaries of an integral type. The author of the article offers a solution to this problem....
The Baltic-Pontic region in the Europe-Eurasia dual system
... geopolitical and geochronopolitical characteristics of the region, as well as the models of intercivilisational interaction between Europe and Eurasia. The author addresses the issue of the political identity of the region and its ability to play an independent role in the world politics.
1. Abu-Lughod, J. 1989, Before European Hegemony: The World-System A. D. 1250—1350, N. Y., Oxford university.
2. Halecki, O. 1980, Borderlands of Western Civilization. A History of East Central Europe, Safety ...
‘Genuine criticism’: An unknown reception of Kant’s philosophy in early works of Schopenhauer
... Firstly, early Schopenhauer considered Kant as his only ally in the struggle against the speculative idealism of his followers. Secondly, this resulted in an almost complete acceptance of Kant’s epistemology and terminology. Only later, he developed an independent terminology, which was nevertheless largely influenced by that created by Kant. Thirdly, at the time, Schopenhauer believed his vision of objectives and essence of philosophy to be a direct continuation of Kant’s philosophy, the central ...
The accumulation of heavy metals by wild mushrooms in the Kaliningrad region
... wild mushroomson on the basis of calculating the concentration and biological uptake coefficients. An analysis of these data shows that some mushroom species have a high selective capacity for cadmium (B. edulis) and zinc accumulation (R. decolorans) independent of the concentration of these elements in the substrate. A higher concentration of heavy metals was detected in the Russulaceae picked on the Sambia peninsula in comparison to similar species of the Polessk forest.
1. Горбунова И....
Kistyakovsky on the nature of law
... supported methodological pluralism and identified four theoretical and two practical concepts of law. The neo-Kantian motive in Kistyakovsky's theory manifested itself in the reference to the normative nature of legal rules and law in general and its independence of any external authorities or internal motivations of human behavior. According to Kistyakovsky, the rational element of legal rules is their key characteristic. Not unlike concepts, law is created by reason, without which legal rules cannot ...
Infinitive sentences as a means of expressing modal semantics
... centuries. Special attention is paid to the interaction of modal semantics with the pragmatic background of the utterance. The authors identify a variety of modal meanings, including those of necessity and obligation expressed by constructions with an independent infinitive in legislative directive documents. The authors analyze the dependence of the semantics of these constructions on the genre of the text.
1. Буралова Р. А. Оптативные высказывания с независимым ...
Lithuania of the 11th—14th centuries in the works of Russian historians of the 1850—1870s
... research discourse in the 1850s—1870s. Particular attention is paid to an analysis of preconceptions that affected the presentation of Lithuania’s past by Russian historians who studied it in the context of history of western Russia rather than as an independent subject. Special attention is paid to the process of formation of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The Lithuanian State of the 14th century is perceived as "ours" in the historiography of the second half of the 19th century. The main ...
New stage in the development of political science in Russia
... L., Wise, T. 2017, Gender, Diversity, and Methods in Political Science: A Theory of Selection and Survival Biases, PS: Political Science & Politics, Vol. 50, no. 3, p. 811—823.
16. Gaman-Golutvina, O. 2007, Political Elites in the Commonwealth of Independent States: Recruitment and Rotation Tendencies, Comparative Sociology, Vol. 6, no. 1—2. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1163/156913307X208140.
17. Gaman-Golutvina, O. 2008, The Changing Role of the State and State Bureaucracy in the Context of Public ...
On the potential and opportunities for cooperation between the Baltics in the field of innovations
... razvitija federal'nogo gosudarstvennogo avtonomnogo obrazovatel'nogo uchrezhdenija vysshego professional'nogo obrazovanija «Baltijskij federal'nyj
universitet imeni Immanuila Kanta» na 2011—2020 gody [Development Program of the federal government independent of the educational institution of higher education "Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University" for 2011—2020], Kodeks-Ljuks,
centr normativno-tehnicheskoj dokumentacii [Code-Lux, a center of technical standards], available at: http://www....
The Baltic policy of Germany and current international relations
... Germany’s Baltic policy in the context of current international relations. In particular, it is noted that Germany was most active in the Baltic region in the 1990s, when the country was establishing political, economic, and cultural ties with the new independent states. In the second half of the 1990s, Germany’s foreign policy became less intense. After the accession of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia to the EU and NATO in 2004, certain disagreements started to arise between Germany and the Baltics....
Text reinterpretation and the motif of transformation in a short form of Internet poetry
... punchline plays an important role in pirozhoks and poroshoks. In Russian, the punchline is termed puant, which is a borrowing from French (la pointe). The truncation of the final line in a poroshok puts it in a special position. The truncated line, independently or together with the third line, comprises the punchline of a poroshok. The punchline is practically mandatory and may be presented in greater detail inasmuch as it does not simply violate the reader’s expectations but enters into conflict ...
Immanuel Kant and the problem of communicative constructivism
... rather than ergon. The active theory of language (social communication) was further developed in the 20th century within the concept of language symbolism, namely, Ernst Cassirer’s system of symbolic forms. It suggests that communicative structures are independent from real facts, since they participate in the construction of these very objective facts. In the conclusion, the author examines several American theories of language (social communication), namely, relativism (Edward Sapir, Benjamin L. Whorf) ...
Determination of hyperglycemia in patients with acute coronary syndrome
... Glycemia and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease Hospitalization // Diabetes Care. 2013. Aug. 29.
18. Noguchi K., Sakakibara M., Asakawa N. et al. PASIFIC investigators // Circ. J. 2016. Vol. 19.
19. Wahab N. N., Cowden E. A., Pearce N. Is blood glucose and independent predictor of mortality in acute myocardial infarction in the trombolytic era? // J. AM. Coll. Cardiol. 2002. Vol. 40, № 10. P. 1748—1754.
20. Yang S. W., Zhou Y. J., Tian X. F. Association of dysglycemia and all-cause mortality across ...
Parenthesis structures as a marker of the actualisation of irony in Nikolai Gogol’s works: the pragmatic aspect
This article considers irony as an independent textual category containing the author’s judgement and facilitating the expression of the author’s pragmatic attitudes in a literary text. The study investigates the potential and functioning of parenthesis structures as syntactic markers ...
Russian Population Ethnic Structure: Trends and Transformations
... concept of ethnic policy of the Russian Federation], Moscow.
9. Social'nyj atlas regionov Rossii: jetnicheskij sostav naselenija [Social Atlas of Russian Regions: the ethnic composition of the population], Nezavisimyj institut social'-
noj politiki [Independent Institute for Social Policy], available at: http://www.socpol.ru/
atlas/overviews/settlement/index.shtml#ethnic (accessed 15.01.2014).
10. Stepanov, V. V. 2003, Jetnicheskaja identichnost' i uchet naselenija [Ethnic identity and registration ...
The features of EU energy strategy in the Baltic region
... and CIS countries, are closely related to the energy industry of the Russian Federation. Trying to allow for this circumstance, EU leaders and energy structures took a number of organizational measures aimed, on the one hand, at an increase in energy independence of new members of the EU and, on the other hand, at taking into account the recent trends in the energy market development. The research shows that most of the initiatives do not take into account the perspective and interests of Russia, ...
On the historical context of innovative development in Russia
... novyj mirovoj porjadok [Russia, Europe and the New World Order], Polis, no. 2, p. 10—31.
5. Bashkatova, А. 2011, Ottok kapitala i utechka mozgov — vmesto razvitija [Capital flight and brain drain — instead of development], Nezavisimaja gazeta [Independent newspaper], 9 June.
6. Petrakov, 1999, N. Ya. Vse vzgljady v nash karman [All views in our pocket], Delovoj vtornik [Business Tuesday], 17 August.
7. Osipov, G. V., Levashov, V. К., Lokosov, V. V., Hlopiev, А. Т. 1996, Perestrojka i radikal'nye ...
Aesthetics in the system of Paul Natorp’s philosophy
... relate to the history of the development of his philosophical views. The early period is influenced by the teaching of consciousness developed by H. Cohen, the head of the Marburg School of Neo-Kantianism. The later period is interpreted as original, independent, and determined by the search for the fundamental of philosophical systematics. It is proposed that the subjective-objective disposition is replaced by the individual understanding of uninterrupted correlation between the being and the meaning ...
Historical memory in the age of globalization: the case of Russian- Estonian relations
... Performance and Survival in New Democracies: Is There a Honeymoon Effect? Comparative Political Studies, Vol. 36, no. 4, May, p. 404—431.
16. Cornwell, R. 2003, Rumsfeld ‘Mends Fences’ by Lumping Germany with Cuba and Lybia in an Axis of Bad Boys, The Independent, February 8.
17. Kirk, R. 1985, The Conservative Mind: from Burke to Eliot, Washington.
18. McDonald, M. 2010, "Lest We Forget": The Politics of Memory and Australian Military Intervention, International Political Sociology, Vol....
The methodological features of managing the value of companies introducing "green" innovations
....sustainability-index.com/07_htmle/indexes/overview.html (accessed 17 May
15. NERAX Eco — semejstvo jekologicheskih fondovyh indeksov [NERAX Eco — a family of stock indexes of environmental], Nezavisimoe Jekologicheskoe Rejtingovoe Agentstvo [Independent Ecological Rating Agency], available at: http://nera.biodat.ru/ecoind/ (accessed 17 May 2012).
16. Sostojalsja kruglyj stol «Indeks ustojchivogo razvitija — Buduwee social'no otvetstvennogo investirovanija v Rossii» [Round table «Index ...
The structure of political elite networks in the Republic of Poland in 1993—2013
... Networks: the Structural Perspective, Cambridge University Press.
13. Agh, A. 1998, The Politics of Central Europe. London, Thousand Oaks, New Delhi, Sage Publications.
14. Lieven, A. 1994, The Baltic Revolution: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Path to Independence, New Haven, London: Yale University Press.
15. Kirchanov, M. V. 2007, Latvija i strany Baltii: problemy diplomaticheskoj i politicheskoj istorii [Latvia and the Baltic States: the issue of diplomatic and political history],Voronezh, Voronezh ...
“The Turn towards Ontology” in Russian Neo-Kantianism in the Late 1910s and Early 1920s (Lev Salagov and Nikolai Boldyrev)
... Similar tendencies — a turn towards ontology — were observed in the same period in West European philosophy, including German Neo-Kantianism. However, the concepts of Russian Neo-Kantians, which imply a new orientation towards ontology, are fairly independent, and not only on account of the original interpretation of Kantian critical philosophy and Neo-Kantian epistemology, but also on account of internal discussion with the Russian philosophers belonging to other movements (for example, intuitivists)....
Processes of convergence and divergence in the regions of the European Union: features and qualimetry
..., Subfederal'naja fiskal'naja politika v Rossii: mezhregional'nye razlichija i svjazi [Sub-federal fiscal policy in Russia: regional differences and communication], Ser. „Nauchnye doklady: nezavisimyj jekonomicheskij analiz” [Scientific reports: Independent Economic Analysis], no. 209, Moscow, Moskovskij obshhestvennyj nauchnyj fond, Sibirskij centr prikladnyh jekonomicheskih issledovanij.
3. Solow, R. M. 2000, Growth theory: an exposition, New York Oxford, Oxford University Press.
The Problem of the Relationship between Apperception, Self-Consciousness and Consciousness in Kant’s Critical Philosophy
... Berlin & Boston: De Gruyter, pp. 281-285.
Krouglov, A. N., 2005. Did Kant have a transcendent subject? In: Istoriko-filosofskii ezhegodnik 2004 [History of Philosophy Yearbook 2004]. Moscow: Nauka, pp. 279-295. (In Rus.)
Leibniz, G. W., 1989a. On What is Independent of Sense and of Matter (Letter to Queen Sophia Charlotte of Prussia, 1702). In: G. W. Leibniz, 1989. Philosophical Papers and Letters. A Selection. Translated and edited, with an Introduction, by L. E. Loemker, 2nd Edition. Dordrecht, Boston ...
Current Geodemographic Problems in the European Union and Migration Crisis of the 2010s
... Human Rights and Labor, available at:
. state. gov/j/drl/rls/irf/religiousfreedom/index. htm#wrapper (accessed 17.05.2016).
20. Cendrowicz, L. 2015, Paris attacks: Visiting Molenbeek, the police no-go zone that was home to two of the gunmen, Independent, 15 Nov.
21. Demography Report, 2015, Luxembourg, Publication Office of European Union.
22. Kern, S. 2015, European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction? Part 1: France, Gatestone Institute, available at:
. gatestoneinstitute. org/5128/france-no-go-zones ...
Russia and the Baltic States: Some Results and a Few Perspectives
... Vneshnjaja politika Jestonii, Latvii i Litvy mezhdu dvumja vojnami i utrata nezavisimosti (s serediny 1920-h godov do anneksii v 1940) [Silent surrender: The foreign policy of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania between the two world wars and the loss of independence (since the mid-1920s to the annexation in 1940)], Moscow, ROSSPEN, 806 p.
11. Laar, М. 2005, Krasnyj terror: Repressii sovetskih okkupacionnyh vlastej v Jestonii [Red Terror: The repression of the Soviet occupation authorities in Estonia],...
A spatial study of networking in the Vistula Lagoon region using geoinformation systems
... levels. When studying such forms of cooperation, the traditional methods of social sciences as research tools are not sufficient, which is explained by the dynamic nature of network cooperation as well as the fact that it involves a significant number of independent agents. We believe that one of the important tools of research on network cooperation is regional integral geoinformation systems (GIS). Modern GIS are successfully used in related fields, such as environmental and climate studies, geology,...
The Vilnius issue in international relations: the historiography of the problem
26. Grodis, A. 2008, Lietuvos politinių partijų į Lenkiją 1920—1926 metais: nuo modus vivendi paieškų iki nuolatinės konfrontacijos, Lietuvos istorijos studijos, no. 2, p. 37—57.
27. Rauch, G. 1987, The Baltic States: The years of independence. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, 1917—1940, London.
28. Cesarz, Zb. K. 1993, Polska a Liga Narodów: kwestie terytorialne w latach 1920—1925: studium prawno-polityczne, Wrocław.
29. Čepėnas, P. 1986, Naujųjų laikų Lietuvos istorija,...
Security in the Baltic region as a Projection of Global Confrontation between Russia and the USA
... RKK ICDS, October 6, available at:
29. Bajarnas, E., Haab, M., Viskne, I. 1995, The Baltic States: security and defence after independence, Chaillot Papier, no. 19.
30. Heilbrunn, J. 2015, The Interview: Henry Kissinger, The National Interest, 19 August, available at:
I. Kant in the development of N. O. Lossky’s philosophical views: The case of a translation
This article considers the development of N. O. Lossky’s concept of intuitivism in the context of the translation of Kant’s works and revision of Kant’s epistemology. The development of Lossky as an independent philosopher required overcoming Kant’s scepticism, which was not consistent with the ideal-realist’s belief in the cognoscibility of transsubjective world given us in the original. The means necessary to overcome it determined the key ...
The Role of Political Elites in the Development of Politics of Memory in the Baltic States
... Tallinn University.
28. Jankauskas, A., Žeruolis D. 2004, Understanding Politics in Lithuania, DEMSTAR Research Report, no. 18, University of Aarhus, p. 18—19.
29. Lieven, A. 1994, The Baltic Revolution: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Path to Independence, New Haven, London, p. 68.
30. Luik, J. 2008, Meie kohustus, Diplomaatia, no. 54.
31. Mälksoo, M. 2006, From Existential Politics Towards Normal Politics? The Baltic States in the Enlarged Europe, Security Dialogue, Vol. 37, no. 3, ...
Local border traffic and the development of retail trade in the Kaliningrad region and Polish borderlands
... turizm: strategija vzaimodejstvija [Science and Tourism: interaction strategy], p. 65-73.
2. Ryabushev, A. 2015, Vklad kaliningradcev v pol'skuju jekonomiku rastet [The contribution of Kaliningradians in the Polish economy grows], Nezavisimaja gazeta [Independent newspaper], available at: http://www.ng.ru/news/503090.html (accessed 12.05.2015).
3. Daneiko, E. 2014, Dozhdutsja li belorusy smjagchenija vizovogo rezhima s ES [Wait Belarusians easing visa regime with EU], Deutsche Welle, available at: ...
Types of Representational Content in Kant
... examine which of these types of content can be regarded as possible without the application of concepts. In order to answer the question, I proceed as follows. First, I show how intuition (in Kant’s sense) can be seen as providing indexical content independently of empirical concepts. Second, I show in what sense the generation of spatial content can be regarded as non-categorial. A key distinction is that a perceptual examination of an object can be understood as thoroughly sensible and particular,...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... development is concerned; yet our national pace here is comparable to that of Poland and the three Baltic States. At the same time, the features of innovative cooperation vary a great deal depending on the group of countries involved in cooperation processes. Independent of its type, however, international cooperation is beneficial for all parties concerned and should therefore be more actively encouraged. Northwestern Federal District traditionally plays a special role in the development of EU-Russia cooperation,...
The US ballistic missile defence policy in the Baltic and Nordic regions
... missile defense position (1945-2013)], Moscow, 365 p.
9. Kozin, V. 2013, PRO SShA: «restrukturizacija», no ne v interesah Rossii [US missile defense system, "restructuring", but not in Russia's interests], Nezavisimoe voennoe obozrenie [Independent Military Review], available at: http://nvo.ng.ru/concepts/2013-04-05/1_pro_usa.html (accessed 05.05.2013).
10. Kommentarij MID Rossii po povodu vstuplenija v silu soglashenija mezhdu SShA i Pol'shej o razmeshhenii v Pol'she amerikanskoj protivoraketnoj ...
Introducing Sectoral Models into Regional Management: An Assessment of Regulatory Impacts on the Economy
... selected sectors of the Kaliningrad economy. The developed and tested models suggest that a rationale for economic decision-making and consequent actions should be based on the assessment of the impact of different groups of external, internal, and independent factors on value chains, based on the criterion of optimal factor income. In conclusion, the authors offer recommendations for using the proposed models in business, public administration and regional economic modeling.
1. Andreeva, T. V....
Foreign nationals on the Boards of Directors of Russia’s Ten Largest Non-Financial Companies Investing Overseas
... Foreign Acquisitions and International Joint Ventures, Journal of Management, Vol. 35, no. 4, p. 928—953.
21. Majocchi, A., Strange, R. 2012, International Diversification: The Impact of Ownership Structure, the Market for Corporate Control and Board Independence, Management International Review, Vol. 52, no. 6, p. 879—900.
22. Barroso, C., Villegas, M., Perez-Calero, L. 2011, Board Influence on a Firm’s Internationalization, Corporate Governance: An International Review, Vol. 19, no. 4, p. 351—367....
Coalition Within a Coalition: The Baltics in the European Union
This article gives an overview of small power problem focusing on the behaviour of small power states within coalitions and their proneness to free riding. To pursue an independent agenda and increase their significance within large associations, the authors argue, small powers tend to create ‘coalitions within coalitions’, essentially acting as free riders and transferring costs and political responsibility for ...