Geopolitical turbulence and its economic and geographical projections: the case of Russia’s western border regions
The socio-economic development of countries and world regions during recent decades has been affected by the confrontation of global and regional centres of power, their growing geoeconomic and geopolitical rivalry, accompanied by increasing geopolitical turbulence. The article aims to substantiate the concept of geopolitical turbulence in its socio-geographical projection....
The Chinese Diaspora in the EU Countries
... immigration, a product of the Arab Spring and often a measure of last resort, Chinese immigration is a result of a certain convergence between the ideologies of the host countries, committed to multiculturalism, and the country of origin pursuing a ‘go global’ policy. We chose the EU countries as a ‘demonstration site’ and the Chinese diaspora as the object of research. Our aim is to describe the process of migration from China and the formation of a Chinese diaspora in European countries. We ...
Professional universality of linguists: providing a rationale of the concept
Универсальность личности (социально-философский аспект исследования)
: дис. ... канд. филос. наук. М
(1995) Globalization: Time-Space and Homogeneity-Heterogeneity
// Global Modernities / M. Featherstone, S. Lash and R. Robertson (eds.). L
Budarina A. O.
professional universality, linguist, subject of professional activity, higher professional ...
An instability of the equatorial F-layer of the ionosphere under conditions of alternating electric fields
.... С. Диполярная система координат и ее некоторые особенности // Геомагнетизм и аэрономия. 1972. Т. 12, № 2. С. 333—335.
6. Hedin A. E., Salah J. E., Evans J. V. et al. A global thermospheric model based on mass spectrometer and incoherent scatter data MSIS 1. N2 density and temperature // J. Geophys. Res. 1977. V. 82, N. A1. P. 2139—2147.
7. Hedin A. E., Reber C. A., Newton G. P. et al. A global thermospheric model ...
The current state of the climate system of the Kaliningrad region and global warming
In this article, I examine climate change facts relating to study objects of different scales, particularly, the Arctic, which serves as an indicator of global processes taking place across the planet. I track long-term fluctuations in the climatic parameters of the Kaliningrad region. Further, I estimate the rate of temperature change in Kaliningrad and other locations that have weather stations and ...
The position of international community on the restoration of independence of the Baltic States
....lt/uploads/File/2001-8/Letter. pdf (accessed 3 June 2011).
4. Škapars, Ja. (ed.), 2006, Baltijskij put' k svobode. Opyt nenasil'stvennoj bor'by stran Baltii v mirovom kontekste [The Baltic Way to Freedom. The experience of non-violent struggle of the Baltic States in a global context], Riga, Zelta grauds, 511 p.
5. Beschloss M., Talbott S. 2010, Izmena v Kremle: protokoly tajnyh soglashenij Gorbacheva s amerikancami [Treason in the Kremlin: the protocols of secret agreements with the American Gorbachev], Moscow, 352 ...
Development an Rayleigh-Taylor instability in the equatorial ionosphere from stochastic ionosphere irregularities
... переменного электрического поля // Вестник Балтийского федерального университета им. И. Канта. 2014. Вып. 10. С. 30—35.
5. Hedin A. E., Salah J. E., Evans J. V. et al. A global thermospheric model based on mass spectrometer and incoherent scatter data MSIS 1. N2 density and temperature // J. Geophys. Res. 1977. Vol. 82, № A1. P. 2139–2147.
6. Hedin A. E., Reber C. A., Newton G. P. et al. A global thermospheric model ...
Socio-cultural implications of professional universality of linguists
... М., 2003.
Наука в свободном обществе. М., 2010.
Новый вид свободы — транскультура.
Globalization: Time-Space and Homogeneity-Heterogeneit // Global Modernities. L
Budarina A. O.
socio-cultural implications, professional activity, professional universality, higher professional
An assessment of the potential impact of the construction of a deepwater seaport on the hydrological regime of the Vistula lagoon
... vody. Leningrad.
2. Velander, P. 1964. Chislennoe predskazanie shtormovyh nagonov. Leningrad,pp. 10—46.
3. Sergeeva, L. G. 2005. Povyshenie urovennoj poverhnosti morja i temperatury vozduha v jugo-vostochnoj chasti Baltijskogo morja kak projavlenie global'nyh processov.In: Bezopasnost' moreplavanija i nadezhnost' sudovyh tehnicheskih sredstv.Saint Petersburg, pp. 180—185.
4. Sergeeva, L., Krasnov, E. 2001. The Baltik — Sea-level events in the system of global change. Third Study Conference ...
Geography of European Migration
... migration, provide migration profiles of European countries, and propose a classification based on the recent changes in the migrant stock. Changes in the migrant stock (total emigration and immigration) reflect the level of involvement in international and global processes. They can serve as an indicator of a country’s attractiveness for both foreigners and the country’s citizens. The study shows that European countries are increasingly split into ‘immigrant’ and ‘emigrant’ states. The authors ...
Историческое развитие современной финансово-биржевой системы, существенно повлиявшей на глобализацию мировой экономики
... monetary and credit processes and assess the possibility of overcoming crises. Historically, the greatest influence on exchange activities has been exerted by the credit and monetary system of the USA. Thus, a stage-by-stage analysis of its development and global influence on monetary systems of other countries disclose the features of the origin of world stock exchange crises.
1. Бродель Ф. Материальная цивилизация, экономика и капитализм XV—XVIII ...
Development of software module calculating area of the ground wave propagation for the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System
This paper is devoted to contemporary the concept of developing a software module that calculates the radio wave propagation zone for the Global Maritime Distress and Safety simulator complex. Adjustments were made to the calculations that optimize the operation of the module. The algorithm is implemented on modern cross-platform approach. The main result of the developed module is ...
Clusters in the system of economic and innovation development of agriculture in the Rostov Region and the Krasnodar Region
... actors, prerequisites and trajectory of the cluster-genesis process, factors of its acceleration and inhibition. The study focuses on the comparative efficiency of cluster forms for the development of the agro-industrial complex in the two regions in the global competition context. Given the methodological approaches to classical cluster studies, empirical material of both all-Russian and regional statistics, and data from real sector companies operating in the regions under study, the authors formed ...
Current trends in the development of a green finance system: methodology and practice
The concept of green growth and sustainable development is turning into a global ideology guiding the transformation of national economies. The focus is shifting from quantitative assessments of performance to rational choice conditions. Rationality is becoming the decisive factor behind sustainable green growth, and a change ...
The concept of the European Union’s normative power
... Izvestija Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Serija «Politologija. Religiovedenie», T. 7, p. 122–133.
2. Pavlova, E., Romanova, T. 2014, Idejnoe sopernichestvo ili «tresh-diskurs»? [Ideological rivalry or “trash-discourse”?], Rossija v global'noj politike, no 3, p. 50–59.
3. Romanova, T. A. 2011, Evrosojuz kak normativnaja sila i problemy ee vosprijatija v Rossii kak bar'er na puti politiko-pravovogo sblizhenija [European Union as a normative power and problems of perception in ...
When and why regional clusters become basic building blocks of modern economy
... class of economic projects (cluster initiatives). We examine the properties of clusters corresponding to each class and demonstrate their role in the geographical and functional fragmentation of production, in the integration of local exporters into global value chains, and in bridging communication gaps and developing collaboration among economic agents. We show that clusters occupy a central place among various types of business networks and have a comparative edge making them key building blocks ...
The labour market of Russia’s Kaliningrad exclave amid Covid-19
... Inequality, NY, Routledge.
3. Liotti, G. 2020, Labour market flexibility, economic crisis and youth unemployment in Italy, Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, no. 54, p. 150—162. doi:10.1016/j.strueco.2020.04.011.
4. Verick, S. 2011, The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Labour Markets in OECD Countries: Why Youth and Other Vulnerable Groups Have Been Hit Hard. In: Islam, I., Verick, S. From the Great Recession to Labour Market Recovery, p. 119—145. doi:
The Real Target of Kant’s “Refutation”
... second edition of the Critique in 1787. As a matter of fact, Kant continued to rework his argument for at least six years after 1787. The main exegetical problem is to figure out who is the target of the “Refutation”: a non-sceptic idealist or a global sceptic of Cartesian provenance or both. In this last case, a related problem is to know whether either of them is the Cartesian sceptic of the first Meditation, the idealist sceptic of the second Meditation and first part of the third Meditation,...
The dynamics of agricultural land use in the North-West of Russia and the Baltic countries
... geography bring to the policy table? // Environment and Planning C: Politics and Space. 2017. № 35 (4). P. 600—620. doi: 10.1177/0263774X16646583.
18. Cooke P., Boekholt P., Todtling F. The Governance of Innovation in Europe. Regional Perspectives on Global Competitiveness. L., 2000.
19. Cooke P. N., Heidenreich M., Braczyk H.-J. Regional Innovation Systems: The role of governance in a globalized world. Oxford, 2004.
20. Doloreux D., Porto-Gomez I. P. A review of (almost) 20 years of regional innovation ...
Trade Liberalisation and its Impact on Regional Development: Theoretical and Experimental Studies
... and those associated with lower cost of access to international markets. Thirdly, the analysis of regions having different industrial specialisatio n suggests that expanding international trade contributes to higher growth rates in the regions, having globally competitive national industries. The conclusions presented in this article can be used for formulating an industrial policy and a regional development policy for both small export-oriented economies, namely, the Baltic Sea states, and larger ...
Urgent issues of creating a system of legal regulation of Russian economy’s deoffshorisation
4. Госдума планирует принять антиофшорный закон к 1 декабря. URL: http:// top.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5461e145cbb20f5ace275bc6 (дата обращения: 05.12.2014).
5. OECD releases full version of global standard for automatic exchange of in-formation. URL: http://www.oecd.org/tax/oecd-releases-full-version-of-global-standard- for-automatic-exchange-of-information. htm (дата обращения: 22.01.2014).
6. Офшоры российских ...
An influence of initial irregularities geometry on developments of the Rayleigh-Taylor instability in the equatorial F-layer of the ionosphere
... Ю. С. Диполярная система координат и ее некоторые особенности // Геомагнетизм и аэрономия. 1972. Т. 12, № 2. С. 333—335.
8. Hedin A. E., Salah J. E., Evans J. V. et al. A global thermospheric model based on mass spectrometer and incoherent scatter data MSIS 1. N2 density and temperature // J. Geophys. Res. 1977. Vol. 82, N. A1. P. 2139–2147.
9. Hedin A. E., Reber C. A., Newton G. P. et al. A global thermospheric model ...
Response of the Lithuanian municipalities to the First Wave of COVID-19
... common, they differ in the context and scope of application. Municipalities are willing to grant exemptions from various fees and taxes. They have used innovative measures: Vilnius allowed the opening of outdoor cafes, the practice, which was observed by global media. According to the research findings, the actions of municipal authorities can be successful, as municipalities are closer to the residents and can respond to their needs and those of entrepreneurs more quickly and flexibly. The approval of ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... Sapiens. Scientific Newsletter of the Union of Russian science cities], no. 1 (8), May, p. 4.
6. Gureeva, М. А. 2011, Jekonomicheskie problemy monogorodov v uslovijah mirovogo finansovogo krizisа [Economic problems of single-industry towns in the global financial crisis], Vestnik Rossijskogo Novogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Russian new university], p. 37-45.
7. Granberg, А. G. 2001, Osnovy regional'noj jekonomiki [Fundamentals of Regional Economy], Moscow, 495 p.
8. Azarzhevskaya, V. S....
The dynamics of the world market of gold in the context of the present pulse geopolitical processes. Part 1. Introduction to the problem
The article is devoted to the analysis of the behaviour of bidders in the global gold market affected by short-term and medium-term geopolitical disturbances. The direction, volume, speed and time range of investments in gold are determined depending on the nature of geopolitical threats. Based on non-economic factors, the ...
Russia's accession to the WTO as an important factor of the country's integration into the world economy
Russia's accession to the WTO is an efficient instrument of the country's integration into the globalized world economy. However, it can adversely affect a number of enterprises and industries within the national economy. Thus, there is a need to develop a methodology for the assessment of the preparedness for operating under WTO membership conditions,...
Work-life balance during the Covid-19 outbreak: the case of Latvia
... country. It describes labour migration to and from Latvia before the COVID-19 outbreak. It provides geographical features of the distribution of confirmed Covid-19 cases. The extent of the Covid-19 threat at different levels is assessed focusing on the global, national, regional and intra-family level. Finally, work forms and work-life balance are analysed according to geography and age groups.
1. Dowd J. B., Andriano L., Brazel D. M. et al. Demographic science aids in understanding the spread ...
Spatial distribution of mesoscale eddies in the Southern Ocean as an indicator of climate change and biological productivity of the ocean water
... открытия и освоения ресурсов пелагических рыб в южной части Тихого океана // Рыбное хозяйство. 2008. № 5. C. 30—33.
9. Chelton D. B., Schlax M. G., Samelson R. M., de Szoeke R. A. Global observations of large oceanic eddies // Geophys. Res. Lett. 2007. № 34, L15606.
10. Chelton D. B., Schlax M. G., Samelson R. M. Global observations of nonlinear mesoscale eddies // Prog. Oceanogr. 2011. № 91. P. 167—216
11. Mesoscale eddies ...
The pedagogical aspect of irrational borrower behaviour
... G. Essays on Behavioral Economics. Ann Arbor, 1980.
10. Livingstone S., Lunt P. Savers and borrowers: strategies of personal financial management // Human Relations. 1993. Vol. 46, № 8.
11. Mooij M. Consumer Behavior and Culture: Consequences for Global Marketing and Advertising. SAGE, 2003.
12. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services Global Financial Literacy Survey // Рейтинговое агентство Standard & Poor's. URL:
The influence of the sea on the economic development and settlement structure in the Baltic Sea region
... sea" and the formation of industrial-port complexes. In: Shvede, E. E. Geografiya okeanov [Geography of the oceans], collection of scientific papers, Leningrad, p. 51—56. (In Russ.)
15. Lachininskii, S., Semenova, I. 2015, Saint Petersburg as a Global Coastal City: Positioning in the Baltic Region, Balt. Reg., Vol. 7, no. 3, p. 47—57. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2015-3-4.
16. Lymarev, V. I. 1986, Morskie berega i chelovek [Sea coast and people], Moscow. (In Russ.)
17. Mechnikov, L. I. 1898, Tsivilizatsiya ...
Agents approach to the state economic policies in the condition of fundamental uncertainty
... fact that the state acts as a specific economic agent and, being the economic agent, on the one hand has the right to establish formal institutions of the national economics, and on the other hand, it itself is one of the elements of this sector of the global socio-economics system. The article proposes the author’s definition of the economic policies regimes, which is understood as a set of rules, measures, norms to achieve the macro-goal of the country's growth through the development of its economic ...
Russia’s political risk for the foreign investors: A special emphasis on Kaliningrad
... political risks are divided into government-, society- and economy-related variables.
Ease foreign investment restrictions — Trutnev,
Argus FSU Energy
, July 31, 2009.
Views of China and Russia Decline in Global Poll, BBC World Service, Februa
ry 6, 2009. URL: http://www.worldpublicopinion.org (дата обращения: 12 мар
Business outlook: Russia,
Business Eastern Europe
, May 18. 2009.
Kant’s Perpetual Peace Project and the Project of the European Union
... analysis of Kant’s treatise and of the current structure of the EU, the author arrives to the conclusion that the two projects can suitably be compared. However, such comparison requires viewing the EU as an intermediate stage in the establishment of global peace union. The comparative analysis of Kant’s theory and the European project, the EU in its current form suits Kant’s definition of a federation of sovereign states, united for the purpose of securing peace, and in some respects went even ...
North-West Russia in the context of European integration
Integration is one of the main consequences of globalization. Elements of microsystems are growing closer, which brings to the foreground problems of interaction and — in a longer perspective — those of close cooperation between different social systems. The article considers the case of North-West ...
The Baltics in the Geography of the Largest Transnational Corporations of Europe
... Fedorov, V. P. (eds.), 2014, Bol'shaja Evropa. Idei, real'nost', perspektivy [Greater Europe. Ideas, Reality and Prospects], Moscow.
8. Kuznetsov, А. V. 2014, Korporativnaja karta mira [Corporate world map]. In: Dynkin, А. А., Ivanova, N. I. (eds.), Global'naja perestrojka [Global restructuring], Moscow, p. 53—70.
9. Kuznetsov, A. 2012, Transborder corporate integration in the Baltic Sea Region, Balt. Reg., no. 1, p. 11—18. DOI: 10.5922/2079-8555-2012-1-2.
10. Kuznetsov, A. V., 2004, Mirohozjajstvennye ...
The Baltic-Pontic region in the Europe-Eurasia dual system
... Dame Press.
4. Humboldt, A. von, 1845, Kosmos, Bd. I, Stuttgart-Tübingen.
5. Mackinder, H. 1996, Democratic Ideals and Reality. A Study in the Politics of Reconstruction. Wash., NDU Press.
6. Modelski, G., Devezas T., Thompson, W. R. (eds.). 2007, Globalization as Evolutionary Process: Modeling Global Change, New York, Routledge.
7. Parker, W. H. 1960, Europe How Far? Geographical Journal, Vol. 126, p. 278—297.
8. Abu-Lughod, J. 2001, Perestrukturiruja mirosistemu, predshestvujuwuju novomu ...
Climate variability in the dynamics of seasonal development of plants in the South-East Baltic
13. Kalvane G., Romanovskaja D., Briede A., Baksiene E. Influence of climate change on phenological phases in Latvia and Lithuania // Climate Research. 2009. Vol. 39. P. 209—219.
14. Körner C., Basler D. Phenology under global warming // Science. 2010. Vol. 327. P. 1461—1462.
15. Menzel A., Sparks T., Estrella N. et al. European phenological response to cli-mate change matches the warming pattern // Global Change Biology. 2006. № 12. P. 1969—1976.
16. Проект ...
The Baltic macroregion: geographical macrostructures, communication features, innovative potential
... Baltic region], Informacionnyj bjulleten' Instituta Baltijskogo regiona RGU im. I. Kanta [Newsletter of the Institute of Baltic Studies of the Immanuel Kant State
University of Russia], II quarter 2009, p. 136—150.
3. Wallerstein, I. 2009, Dinamika global'nogo krizisa: tridcat' let spustja [The dynamics of the global crisis: Thirty years later], Expert, Sept. 14, available at:http://expert. ru/expert/2009/35/vallerstain/ (accessed 25 December 2010).
4. Zimin, B. N. 2003, Razmewenie proizvodstva ...
Demographic Ranking of the Baltic Sea States
... principles of indirect standardisation of the major demographic coefficients relative to the age structure.The article describes the first attempt to apply the method to the analysis of birth and mortality rates in 1995 and 2010 for 140 countries against the global average, and for the Baltic Sea states against the European average. The grouping of countries and the analysis of changes over the given period confirmed a number of demographic development trends and the persistence of wide territorial disparities ...
The theoretical framework a teacher’s cross-cultural compe-tence: International practice
4. Barrett M., Byram M., Lázár I., Mompoint-Gaillard P., Philippou S. Developing Intercultural Competence through Education. Council of Europe. 2013.
5. Bennett J., Bennett M. Developing intercultural sensitivity: An integrative ap¬proach to global and domestic diversity. In D Landis, J. M. Bennett, & M. J. Bennett (Eds.). Handbook of intercultural training. Third Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2004.
6. Byram M. Foreign language teaching and intercultural citizenship // Iranian Journal ...
Specific features of internationalization of higher education in the framework of the Northern Dimension
... konsul'tirovanija. Moscow.
2001. Higher Education in Europe, vol. 26, № 1, pp. 47—52.
2003. European Urban and Regional Studies, vol. 10, № 2, pp. 153—171.
1998.Massification, Internationalization and Globalization. In: The Globalization of Higher Education. Buckingham.
Cross-Border University. [online]. Available at: <http://bcbu.oulu. fi> [Accessed 7 Juni 2010].
of Oulu. [online]. Available at: <http://bcbu....
Education and the destiny of Russia
This article considers the interrelation between education, its structure, and the country's economic development. The following historical facts are analysed: the loss of Great Power status by Spain, the emergence of England as a leader of global economy, and the situation in Russia. The analysis is conducted in the light of the specific character of educational system in each of the above-mentioned countries.
Kuznetsova I. S.
education, economic development, natural sciences, mathematics....
EU — Russia energy cooperation: major development trends and the present state
... Russia and the EU in the energy sector by 2050], 2011, Moscow, 29 July, available at: http://minenergo.gov.ru/upload/medialibrary/652/6521c3074cbd19866612efa7d3caf28f.doc (accessed 17 March 2013).
8. Keohane, R. Power and Interdependence in a Partially Globalized World, 2002, New York, Routledge.
9. Slaughter, A.-M. 2004, A New World Order. Princeton, New York, Princeton University Press.
10. Rosenau, J. N., Czempiel, E.-O. (eds.) 1992, Governance Without Government: Order and Change in World Politic,...
Management of Trans-boundary Water Resources: Comparing Russian and American Experiences
... cooperation in the conservation and management of transboundary waters. Done in Moscow on August 20, 1997], available at: http://voda.mnr.gov.ru/part/?act=more&id=459&pid=961 (accessed 11 December 2012).
4. Nesterova, I.Ye. 2011, “Vodnaja karta” v global'nom mire ["Water card" in a global world], Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta. Serija 6: Filosofija. Kul'turologija. Politologija. Pravo. Mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija [Bulletin of St. Petersburg University. Ser. 6: Philosophy. Cultural ...
Kant’s perpetual peace project and the project of the European Union
... analysis of Kant's treatise and of the current structure of the EU, the author arrives to the conclusion that the two projects can suitably be compared. However, such comparison requires viewing the EU as an intermediate stage in the establishment of global peace union. The comparative analysis of Kant's theory and the European project, the EU in its curent form suits Kant's definition of a federtion of souvereign states, united for the purpose of securing peace, and in some respects went even further....
Important Staging Sites of Geese and Swans in the Cross-Border Wetland Complex of the Neman Delta
... Lithuania.The authors indicate the decrease in the population of Bean Geese alongside with the increase in the population of Greylag Geese, Whooper Swans, Bewick’s Swans and particularly Greater White-fronted Geese. This phenomenon is brought about by the global climate change, changes of the migratory flyways of certain species (particularly Greater White-fronted Goose) and by human impact.
In order to preserve the wetland complex of utmost importance for migrating birds, it is necessary to develop the ...
Negative externalities and sustainability of energy sector
... The Ecological Economics Approach to Sustainability. - Washington DC. P.128- 149.
Bohle, H. G., Downing, T. E., Watts, M. J. (1994). Climate change and social vulnerability: toward a sociology and geography of food insecurity //
Global Environmental Change.
Vol.4, issue 1. P. 37-48.
Callan S. J., Thomas J. M. (2007). Environmental economics: applications, policy, and theory.
Cerin P. Karlson L. (2002). Business incentives ...
Russia’s energy geostrategy in the Baltic Sea region
This article explores Russian energy policy in the Baltic Sea region in the context of the world energy market globalization. The study focuses on the three Baltic States — Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia — which have a similar geographical location and history. The dynamic development of the region as a whole is strongly influenced by the stability of energy ...
Cross-border cooperation in tourism between the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region
... 2007, Regionalizm i transgranichnoe sotrudnichestvo v Evrope [Regionalism and cross-border Cooperation in Europe], Saint Petersburg, NORMA.
20. Vardomsky, L. B. 2009, Rossijskoe porubezh'e v uslovijah globalizacii [Russian porubezhe in the context of globalization], Moscow, LIBROKOM.
21. Belov, A. Ye. 2009, Pogranichnaja regionalistika [The border regionalism], Golicyno, Golitsynsky Frontier Institute of the Russian FSB.
22. Mezhevich, N., Zhuk, N. 2013, Cross-border Specialization of Interregional ...
Economic and Geographical Structure of the Baltic Sea region
... sovremennogo razvitija [Eurasian region: the dialectic of modern development], Evrazijskaja integracija: jekonomika, pravo, politika [Eurasian integration: economics, law, politics], no. 1 (17), p. 149—154.
3. Dinamika kaliningradskoj identichnosti: global'nye konteksty i regional'naja specifika [Dynamics of Kaliningrad identity: global context and regional specificity] 2015—2017, Project Report RHF.
4. Kivikari, U. 1996, Jekonomicheskoe prostranstvo Baltijskogo regiona [The economic space of the ...