Development of International Clusters in the Baltic Sea Region
... sotrudnichestva» [Informational and analytical resource "Russia — Ukraine: trends and prospects of cooperation"], available at: ukros.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/яшева.doc (accessed 10 December 2012).
international cluster, cross-border cluster, transnational cluster, Baltic Sea region
Transboundary Clusters in the Coastal Zones of the European Part of Russia: Inventory, Typology, Factors, and Prospects
... (in Russ.)
15. Kotlyarova, S. N. 2012, The practice of forming clusters in the regions of Russia, Regional'naya ekonomika: teoriya i praktika [Regional economy: theory andpractice], no. 24, p. 29—39. (in Russ.)
16. Zelinskaya, E. Z. 2013, Regional cross-border clusters as forms of modern management systems in the real sector of the economy, Pskovskii regionologicheskii zhurnal [Pskov Regionological Journal], № 16, p. 12—18. (in Russ.)
17. Gokhberg, L. M., Shadrin, A. E., Abashkin, V. L., Goland, L. M., ...
Geography of international clusters in the Baltic region
... involvement of a Russian region into the processes of international cluster cooperation in the macroregion.
1. Gareev, T. 2012, Clusters in the institutional perspective: on the theory and methodology of local socioeconomic development, Baltic Region, no.... ... Dragileva, I. I., Zverev, Yu. M., Korneevets, V. S., Fedorov, G. M. 2006,Transgranichnaja kooperacija v Baltijskom regione [Cross-border cooperation in the Baltic region]. In: Baltijskij region kak poljus jekonomicheskoj integracii Severo-Zapada
Equivocality in Delineating the Borders of a Cluster: The Baltic’s Case
... important national growth point. Regional and industry-specific policies should consider the differences between the cluster’s geographical and non-geographical boundaries.
Mikhaylov A. S., Mikhaylova A. A.
cluster policy, territorial cluster, cluster initiative, cross-border cooperation, territorial cohesion, Baltic States, cluster boundary
Clustering and branding in the Baltic tourist destination
... (дата обращения: 11.11.2016).
10. UNWTO Tourism Highlights 2016 Edition. URL:
(дата обращения: 12.11.2016).
territory brand, tourism clusters, types of clusters, cross-border cluster, transnational cluster, the Baltic sea countries, types of tourism, Baltic coastal health resorts
Localization of large business in coastal zones as a factor of transboundary clustering (on the example of the European part of Russia)
... enterprises) is also conditioned by the general trend for economic activities, infrastructure and population to get advanced to the sea (some parts of the coast), which serves as one of the significant factors (and indicators) of economic activity, and cross-border clustering. Focusing on the most important seaports (Novorossiysk, Ust-Luga, St. Petersburg, Murmansk, etc.) cross-border activity of large business acquires trans-aquatorial properties and characteristics; clustering, thus, receives additional impulses,...
Information metabolism and innovation dynamics in the Rostov agglomeration: the role of the coastal factor and economic clustering
... 2001—2011 // Marine Policy. 2016. № 71. P. 201— 209. Doi: 10.1016/j.marpol.2016.05.028.
26. Druzhinin A.G., Fedorov G.M., Mikhaylov A.S. et al. Typology of coastal zones in the European part of Russia: modern particularities within the trend of cross-border clustering // Journal of Applied Economic Sciences. 2017. Vol. 12. № 5 (51). P. 1451—1460.
27. Druzhinin A.G., Gorochnaya V.V., Mikhaylov A.S. et al. Trans-aquatorial clustering within the trend of cross-border international economic interactions ...
Cross-Border Tourist Routes: The Potential of Russia’s North- West
12. Alexandrova, A. Yu. 2015, The Silk Road; the geopolitical, geographic and economic aspects of designing cross-border tourism route, Nauki o Zemle. Nauka. Innovacii. Tehnologii [Earth sciences. Science. Innovation. Technologies], no ... ... Russ.)
13. Andreev, V. A., Ostropol’tsev, S. Yu. 2016, International transportation routes as a factor of the trans-border clusters emergence. Тhe Territory Of New Opportunities, The Herald of Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service, ...
Innovations in the Baltic Sea Region and Network Cooperation between Russia and the EU
... special role in the development of EU-Russia cooperation, since a number of its regions border on the EU countries. The district participates in the development of network innovative structures within the Baltic Sea region. It takes an active part in cross-border cooperation — activities that involve the formation of transborder innovative clusters. There are high expectations associated with the formation of such territorially localised innovative networks, as the Helsinki — Saint Petersburg — Tallinn and Tricity (Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot) — Kaliningrad — Klaipeda transborder innovative ...
Tourism in Border Regions: Theoretical Aspects of a Geographical Study
1. Apostolov, N. 2003, Turisticheski resursi [Tourism resources], Varna, 388 p. (In Bulg.)
2. Batyk, I., Semenova, L. 2013, Cross-border cooperation in tourism between the Warmian-Masurian voivodeship and the Kaliningrad region, Balt. Reg., no. 3, p.... ... border zone, Regional'nye issledovaniya [Regional studies], no. 4, p. 133—143.
6. Korneevets, V., Semenova, L. 2013, The cluster approach in tourism development in the Kaliningrad region, Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. ...
Russia’s Coastal Zone as a Social and Geographic Phenomenon: Conceptualisation and Delimitation
... at the macro- and meso-levels and identifies its causes. The article defines the coastal zone as a full-scale, continuum-discrete phenomenon with clear crossborder characteristics and increased potential for cluster formation in the economy. Marine cross-border clusters are identified as independent typological units. Characteristics and conditions for their formation and development are described in view of contemporary geoeconomic trends. The author examines the conditions and prospects for the formation of ...
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
In this paper, we look at the interregional cooperation in adjacent areas. Specifically, we focus our attention on the cluster of regions formed by the city of St. Petersburg, the Leningrad region and the Republic of Karelia. All three areas face ... ... theoretical or practical. It is important to strengthen international trade capacity and to increase cooperation in other areas of cross-border relations, since these processes are crucial for Russia’s integration into the global markets.
1. Chub, A. A. ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... — a tool for cooperation between Russia and the European Union in the border area], available at: http://www. finrusinno. ru/kuvat/Tmoipa/lpr%20inno%20esite_rus_esite_web.pdf (accessed 10 September 2012).
6. Final cluster analysis. Identification of cross-border economic clusters in transborder region of St. petersburg, Leningrad region and Ida-Virumaa, 2008, Narva Business Advisory Services Foundation, St. Petersburg Information and Analytical Center, Synergy International Ltd, available at: http://rus. kohtla-jarve....
Kaliningrad region: coastal position as a geographical factor of economic development
... Балтийского региона // Балтийский регион. 2017. Т. 9, № 2. С. 7—27.
30. Druzhinin A. G., Fedorov G. M., Gontar N. V. et al. Typology of coastal zones in the European Part of Russia: Modern Particularities within the Trend of Cross-Border Clustering // Journal of Applied Economic Sciences. 2017. Vol. 12, iss. 5 (51). P. 1451—1460.
31. Kivikari U. A Growth Triangle as an Application of the Northern Dimension Policy in the Baltic Sea Region // Russian-Europe Centre for Economic Policy....
Geography and economy of the Kaliningrad region: limitations and prospects of development
24. Orlov, S. V., Korneevets, V. S. 2012, Transportnyj klaster kak variant razvitija transportnogo kompleksa [A transport cluster as a variant of transport complex development], Vestnik Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, no. 1, p. 144—149.
... ... http://gpk.gov.by/press_center/international_news/16895/ (accessed 12 August 2013).
Sebentsov Alexander, Zotova Maria
exclave, cross-border economy, open economic zone, the Kaliningrad region
Modern understanding of ‘geoeconomic position’ and the Saint Petersburg agglomeration
... It is aimed at the development of the geoeconomic paradigm in the framework of social geography and that of spatial science. An analysis of the geoeconomic position and the developing spatial relations can be of interest for researchers of geographic clusters, agglomerations, and such cross-border forms of cooperation, as growth triangles, for example.
1. Artobolevsky, S. S., Baklanov, P. Y. Treyvish, A. I. 2009, Prostranstvo i razvitie Rossii: polimasshtabnyj analiz [Space and Development in Russia: Analysis polimasshtabny], Vestnik ...
The coastalisation of population in today’s Russia: A sociogeographical explication
... Russia: the pages of the past, present, future], Vladivostok, 406 p. (In Russ.)
34. Druzhinin, A. G. (ed.) 2017, Transgranichnoe klasteroobrazovanie v primorskikh zonakh Evropeyskoy chasti Rossii: faktory, modeli, ekonomicheskie i ekisticheskie effekty [Cross-border clustering in the Coastal zones of the European part of Russia: factors, model, the economic effects], Rostov-on-Don, 346 p. (In Russ.)
35. Druzhinin, A. G., Lachininskiy, S. S., Krasnov, A. I., Sorokin, I. S. 2016, The polarization of the settlement ...
The Kaliningrad Region as a coastal border region of Russia
... приграничья / ред. А. П. Катровский, Ю. П. Ковалев. Смоленск, 2017.
31. Druzhinin A. G., Fedorov G. M., Gontar N. V. et al. Typology of coastal zones in the European Part of Russia: Modern Particularities within the Trend of Cross-Border Clustering // Journal of Applied Economic Sciences. 2017. Vol. 12, Iss. 5 (51). P. 1451—1460.
Fedorov G. M.
the Kaliningrad region, coastal regions, border regions, employment structure, employment dynamics, GRP structure, processing industries, ...