The modern concept of coast protection and hydraulic engineering on the sea coasts of the Kaliningrad region
This article analyses the current state of the Baltic Sea coast protection system in the Kaliningrad region. It is stressed that the critical condition of hydraulic structures hampers effective protection of the seacoast. The modern concept of sea protection suggests that coast protection structures must con-trol the movement of deposits in the coastal zone to preserve and restore the beach strip as a basic element of coast protection.
1. Žaromskis R. Skirtingos žmonių veiklos poveiris pietryčių Baltios krantų raidai // Geografijos metraštis. 2001. Nr. 34 (1). S. 59—72.
2. Arbomeit ...
СA comparative analysis of bioflavonoid accumulation by Trifolium pratense in the Kaliningrad region
This article examines the influence of environmental factors on the polyphenol accumulation of the red clover (Trifolium pratense L.) in the coastal and continental areas of the Kaliningrad region. The influence of temperature, light, and mineral nutrition factors on the accumulation activity of anthocyanins, leucoanthocyanidins, and catechins is determined. The coastal and continental area plants did not show any significant differences ...
Key Strategies of Development of Research Tools and Methods for Marine Spatial Planning
... Dissertation for the degree of candidate of economic sciences, Moscow, Sovet po izucheniju proizvoditel'nyh sil (SOPS).
2. Baturova, G. V. 2011, Regional'nye morehozjajstvennye klastery kak osnova social'no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija primorskih territorij [Regional marine economic clusters as a basis of socio-economic development of coastal areas]. In: Zhyharevych, B. S. (ed.). Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii. Doklady uchastnikov IX Obshherossijskogo foruma «Strategicheskoe planirovanie v regionah i gorodah Rossii» [Strategic planning in the regions and ...
The project "Greater Eurasia" among the factors of development of the exclave of the Kaliningrad region
... region makes it difficult to justify a long-term strategy of its socio-economic development. Most of the previously developed strategies were based on export and / or import-substitution, proceeding from the advantageous geographical position in the coastal zone and the region’s proximity to economically developed countries and Russian regions. Deterioration of political relations and the weakening of socio-economic ties between Russia and the West diminished chances of implementing this type of strategy. However,...
Population Ageing as a Sociodemographic Problem in the Baltic Region
.... 35, no. 4, 25 April 2014, p. 725—749. DOI: 10.1017/S0144686X13001037.
13. Michalski, T. 2001, The main demographic and health problems of the former Soviet part of Baltic Europe, Baltic Europe on the Eve of Third Millenium. Published series: Coastal Regions, no. 3, p. 113—119.
14. Michalski, T. 2005, Changes in the Demographic and Health Situation Among Post-Communist Members of the European Union, Pelplin.
15. The 2015 Ageing Report. Economic and budgetary projections for the 28 EU Member States ...
Suspended particulate matter within the Kaliningrad coastal zone: distribution, transport, composition
The coastal zone of the Kaliningrad region is an especially sensitive marine area which includes recreation areas, natural heritage sites, construction sites and zones of both abrasion and accumulation. Thus, it requires monitoring and control of core environmental indicators such as ...
Ensuring the proportional development of the strategic areas of coastal specialisation
This article presents proposals to ensure a balanced development of the strategic areas of regional specialization based on managerial decisionmaking in the conditions of the system uncertainty of integrated coastal interaction. To this end, it is suggested that a balanced scorecard system identifying the possibility of aligning such decisions and maintaining the synergy effect in the chosen directions of prospective ratio development is applied.
1. Теория ...
The results of the weekly monitoring of the Vistula Bay coast in the area of Pribrezhny village in 2011-2012
... of regular (weekly) monitoring of the coast of the Vistula Lagoon in the area of the village of Pribrezhny (the Kaliningrad region) throughout the year. The steady profile measurements of the beach width, photographing, coast description, the calculation ... ... wind regime over the observation period made it possible to reveal the coast dynamics, assess the stability of the beach and coastal slope condition, as well as the influence of the
main regime-forming factor — the wind.
1. Бобыкина В. П....
The modelling of functional and object development of integrated coastal regional systems
This article presents recommendations on the modelling of a functional and object development of coastal regional systems that would ensure the system adaptation and manageability in the conditions of environment uncertainty. To this end, the author employs the method of system definition, which makes it possible to identify the connection between the basic ...
On the role of Arctic cod in the nutrition of abundant bird species of the Barents Sea
... high-arctic seabirds in coastal and icecovered, pelagic areas near the Svalbard archipelago // Polar research. 1993. Vol. 12, № 1. P. 1—20.
19. Mehlum F., Gabrielsen G. W. Energy expenditure and food consumption by seabird populations in the Barents Sea regions // Ecology of fjords and coastal waters. Elsevier Sci BV. Amsterdam, 1995. P. 457—470.
20. Barrett R. T., Bakken V., Krasnov Yu. V. The diets of common and Brunnich's Guillemots Uria aalge and U. lomvia in the Barents Sea Region // Polar research. 1997. Vol. 16. P. 73—84....
Similarities and differences in curricula of a bachelor’s degree in oceanology at the universities in St Petersburg, Klaipeda, and Kaliningrad
... specialists on the basis of the principles of the Bologna], Uroven' zhizni naselenija regionov Rossii [Living standards in the regions of Russia], no. 10, pp. 41—51.
16. Malinin, V. N. 2002, Obwaja okeanologija. Chast' 1. Fizicheskie processy [General ... ... Equations in Biology. Lectures on models], Moscow, MIR, 397 p.
18. Mikhajlichenko, Yu. G. 2009, Morskie resursy poberezh'ja [Coastal marine resources], Gosudarstvennoe upravlenie resursami [Public Resource Management], no. 11, pp. 26—35.
The main environmental problems of the Baltic Sea and the ways to solve them
... Baltic Sea — An integrated thematic assessment of the effects of nutrient enrichment and eutrophication in the Baltic Sea region. Balt Sea Environ Proc No 115B. Helsinki: HELCOM, p. 148.
20. Flinkman, J., Aro, E., Vuorinen, I., Viitasalo, M. 1998.... ... work. Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. Vol. 165. pp. 127—136.
21. Bonsdorff, E., Blomqvist, E., Mattila J. and Norkko A. 1997. Estuar. Coastal Shelf Sci. Vol. 44, pp. 63—72.
22. Rheinheimer, G. 1998. Naturwissenschaften. Vol. 85(7), pp. 318—329.
23. WWF (1995)....
The role of International trade in improving the competitiveness of Saint Petersburg
... socio-economic development of the territory, Vestnik TGU. Gumanitarnye nauki. Ekonomika [Bulletin of TSU. Humanitarian sciences. Economy], no. 1 (93), p. 203—209. (in Russ.)
31. Fedorov, G. M., Korneevets, V. S. 2015, Socioeconomic typology of Russia’s coastal regions, Balt. Reg., Vol. 7, no. 4, p. 89—101. DOI: 10.5922/2079- 8555-2015-4-7.
32. Shastitko, A. Е., Golovanova, S. V. et all 2013, Posledstviya slaboi konkurentsii: kolichestvennye otsenki i vyvody dlya politiki [The effects of weak competition: ...
On the international cooperation of North-West Russia in the field of innovations in the Baltic
... ictforhealth. net/index. php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid =27 (accessed 20 September 2012).
21. Complex development of regional cooperation in the field of open ICT innovations, KARELIA ENPI CBC, available at: http://www. kareliaenpi. eu/fi/teemat/cross-border-solutions/hankkeet/154-complex-development-of-regional-cooperation-in-the-field-of-open-ict-innovations ... ... Programmes, available at: http://www. territorialcooperation. eu/frontpage/show/6457 (accessed 16 September 2012).
26. Project — Coastal environment, technology and innovation in the Arctic, KEEP Knowledge and Expertise in European Programmes, available at: ...
Network Modelling of Transboundary Cooperation between Russian and Belarusian Regional Enterprises: the case of the Kaliningrad and Grodno Regions
... businesses Kaliningrad], Vestnik Immanuel Kant State University of Russia, no. 3, p. 80—89.
3. Ivchenko, V. V. 2008, Setevoe programmirovanie razvitija primorskih regionov Rossii: teorija, metodologija, praktika [Network programming, development of coastal regions of Russia: theory, methodology, practice], Kaliningrad, Izdatel'stvo Rossijskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta imeni I. Kanta.
4. Ivchenko, V. V. Bilchak, М. V. 2009, Modelirovanie razvitija prigranichnoj jekonomiki kak faktor preodolenija krizisnyh ...
Natural Increase in the Baltic South and South-West
... Publishing Establishment /eds. I. E. Kotowska, J. Jóźwiak. Warsaw, 2003. P. 35—90.
33. Michalski T. The main demographic and health problems of the former Soviet part of Baltic Europe // Baltic Europe on the Eve of Third Millenium. Published series: Coastal Regions 3 / ed. J. Wendt. Gdańsk, 2001. P. 113—119.
34. Michalski T. Procesy demograficzne w Europie Bałtyckiej w połowie lat dziewięćdziesiątych // Europa Bałtycka. Rozwój koncepcji. Opracowanie dedykowane Profesorowi Jerzemu Zaleskiemu w ...
The development of the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad in changing geopolitical and geo-economic conditions (based on the GRP analysis)
The development of the Kaliningrad region, Russian exclave in the Baltic, is significantly influenced by foreign policy factors. The deterioration of relations between Russia and the West has led to a reduction in the region's economic ties with the neighbouring Baltic States. The coastal position of the region has enabled the development of foreign trade relations with East Asian and Latin American States. Diversification of ties and federal support ensured sufficiently dynamic regional development. The article analyzes the ...
The current state of the climate system of the Kaliningrad region and global warming
... facts and figures // Lagoons Technical Brief (Deliverable series of the FP7 Project LAGOONS «Integrated water resources and coastal zone management in European lagoons in the context of climate change»). 2012. Iss. TB1.
23. Специализированные ... ....05.2018).
31. Earth. URL: earth.nullschool.net (дата обращения: 30.11.2018).
Dvoeglazova N. V.
Kaliningrad region, climate change, global warming, greenhouse effect, Arctic, climate
Application of the gravimetric method in the study of paleoincisions on the territory of the Kaliningrad region
This paper summarizes the results of gravity surveys conducted across two palaeoincisions cut into the sub-Quaternary surface in the coastal area of the Kaliningrad region near Svetlogorsk. Strong local negative anomalies caused by the palaeoincisions are observed on the gravity anomaly profiles. The analysis of the palaeoincision's spatial distribution by using gravity data assumed that there is the system of intersecting ...
On the relation between spatial concepts, strategic and territorial planning in the Russian Federation in the context of the development of the Kaliningrad / Vistula Lagoon region
... coordination and joint work of Russian and Polish partners to provide for common or related programs of spatial planning in the region. The research was carried out by Russian and Polish partners in the framework of the international project "Opportunities ... ... российских регионах на Балтике // Балтийский регион. 2014. № 3 (21). С. 71—82.
coastal areas, border areas, spatial development, Kaliningrad/Vistula Lagoon
International, Transnational and Cross-border Regions: Features, Peculiarities, Hierarchy
. Российский эксклав на Балтике. Калининград, 1997.
6. Palmowski T., Fedorov G., Korneevets V.
(editors). Economic, geopolitical and social problems of co-operation between
// Coastal Regions, N 6.
transnational regions, cross-border regions, cross-border cooperation, Baltic Region.
Construction works impact on the vegetation in the сoastal zone of the Pregolya river in Kaliningrad
... the composition of the Pregolya water eco-systems in the city of Kaliningrad due to the anthropogenic transformation of the coastal area from 2013 to 2018. The work identifies the modern structure of the Pregolya eco-systems. The research included standard ... ... (Vistula Lagoon, the Baltic Sea) // V. A. Gritsenko et al. (eds.). Terrestrial and Inland Water Environment of the Kaliningrad Region: The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry. 2018. Vol. 65. P. 317—372. doi: 10.1007/698_2017_107.
12. WoRMS (World Register ...
Changes in the Population Distribution and Transport Network of Saint Petersburg
... approaches in political and geographical contexts, Izv. RAN. Ser. geogr, no. 1, p.19—27. (In Russ.)
2. Lachininskij, S. S., Semenova, I. V. 2015, Sankt-Peterburgskij primorskij region: geoehkonomicheskaya transformaciya territorii [St. Petersburg coastal region:geo-economic transformation of the territory], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
3. Database of indicators of municipalities of St. Petersburg, available at:
(accessed 03.04.2015). (In Russ.)
4. Open Street Map Project data, available ...
Pollination as an ecosystem service in agricultural nature management
... Services. 2012. P. 50—61.
13. Granek E. F., Polasky S., Kappel C. V. et al. Ecosystem services as a common lan¬guage for coastal ecosystem-based management // Conservation Biology. 2009.
No 24(1). P. 207—219.
14. Garibaldi L. A., Steffan-Dewenter ... ....ru/news/101/74916/http://agro-bursa.ru/ prices/raps/06-10-2014(да¬та обращения: 25.11.2014).
ecosystem services, Kaliningrad region, pollination, honey plants, climate change.
The organisational economic aspects of developing the GLONASS system implementation programme in the exclave region of Russia
This article presents the results of a study of the applied research approach to the development of the GLONASS system implementation programme in the Kaliningrad region as a coastal territory.
О концепции эффективного использования ГЛОНАСС в специфичных условиях Калининградской области // Вестник ...
Model Structure and Content of a Comprehensive Maritime Plan: the Case of Kaliningrad
... strategy of development of maritime activities to 2020 and to a more distant prospect)], Juridicheskij mir [Legal World], no. 2, p. 31—37.
7. Ghoghoberidze, G. G. 2009, Baltijskoe more: primorskie regiony i ih morehozjajstvennyj potencial [Baltic Sea: coastal regions and marine economic potential],
Jekonomicheskie strategii [Economic strategies], Vol. 11, no. 8, p. 150—155.
8. Ghoghoberidze, G. G., Domnina, А. Yu. 2010, Vozmozhnye konflikty mezhdu vidami morskoj dejatel'nosti v akvatorijah rossijskoj ...
Foreign economic activity of Saint Petersburg, the Leningrad Region, and the Republic of Karelia: problems and opportunities for development
... processes are crucial for Russia’s integration into the global markets.
1. Chub, A. A. 2011, K voprosu o formirovanii transgranichnyh regionov na territorii Rossijskoj Federacii [On the formation of the cross-border regions in the Russian Federation], Regional'naja jekonomika: teorija i praktika, no. 25, p. 27—34.
2. Dvorcova, E. N. 2011, Otechestvennyj i zarubezhnyj opyt upravlenija hozjajstvom pribrezhnyh territorij [National and international experience of economic management of coastal areas], Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom, no. 2, p. 48—55.
3. Pahomov, A. 2010, Strategija razvitija vneshnejekonomicheskogo kompleksa Rossijskoj Federacii [The development strategy of foreign economic complex of the
Russian Federation], Problemy ...
Depopulation of coastal rural Lithuania: do regional parks stabilise the situation?
Regional parks in Lithuania preserve the most valuable physical and cultural components of the landscape, NATURA 2000 habitats, etc. Usually, they are located in natural or semi-natural landscapes of rural areas. These territories, however, have a higher ...
The changing role of border regions in the regional policies of the EU and Russia
... on border regions and closer attention to border regions’ foreign economic ties, particularly, within the implementation of the Strategy for the Spatial Development of the Russian Federation.
Kuznetsov A. V., Kuznetsova О. V.
border regions, coastal regions, regional policy, EU, Russia, Euroregions, cross-border cooperation, spatial development strategy
The Evolution, or Seasonal and Interannual Variability, of the Diurnal Variation of Hydrometeorological Fields in the Southern Baltic Sea
... факультетов. Л., 1968.
12. Jakobson E., Keernik H., Luhamaa A., Ohvril H. Diurnal variability of water vapour in the Baltic Sea region according to NCEP-CFSR and Balt An65+reanalysis // Oceanologia. 2014. Vol. 56, iss. 2. P. 191−204.
13. Karagali I., Hyer ... ... 2009.
15. Mingelaite T., Rukseniene V., Dailidiene I. Long and Short Term Variability of the Main Physical Parameters in the Coastal Area of the SE Baltic Proper. // EGU GeneralAssembly 2015. held 12—17 April. 2015 in Vienna, Austria. Vienna, 2015.
On the Western border of the Zedmar culture
... in the early and middle Neolithic. Although the antiquities described below are not numerous, they represent a rare case of a coastal zone populated by groups, which have been traditionally associated with the inland territories of the Baltic.
1. Ванкина ... ... Sprawozdania Archeologiczne. Kraków, 2016. Т. 68. P. 263—299.
north-eastern coast of the Vistula Lagoon, Kaliningrad region, Neolithic, Zedmar culture, porous ceramics
Development of Sea Port in Gdynia
.... Bocheński, T., Palmowski, T. 2015, Polskie porty morskie i rola kolei w ich obsłudze na przełomie XX i XXI wieku [Polish Seaports and Role of Railways in Transport Service of Port Hinterland at Turn of XX and XXI Centuries], Regiony Nadmorskie [Coastal Regions], no. 23, p. 7—198.
4. Chang, H-J. 2002, Breaking the mould: an institutionalist political economy alternative to the neo-liberal theory of the market and the state, Cambridge Journal of Economics, Vol. 26, no. 5, p. 539—559.
5. Hartley, K....
The significance of terrain for the assessment of natural complex sensitivity to human impact
... natural complex sensitivity in the areas of oil exploration drilling located in different geomorphic regions of the Kaliningrad region.
1. Дмитриев В. В., Фрумин Г. Т. Экологическое нормирование и устойчивость ... ... Евразии. М., 2009.
8. Nouri J., Danehkar A., Sharifipour R. Evaluation of the Ecological Sensitivity in the Northern Coastal Area Of the Persian Gulf // Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management. 2007. Vol. 11, № 4. P. 119—123....
Remote research on the variability of the thermokarst lake shorelines in the Altai permafrost region
This article presents a study into the shape variation of thermokarst lakes coastal boundaries carried out on six test sites in Eshtykol in the Altai Mountains. The authors describe the methodological issues of the statistical analysis of lake boundary variability with the help of satellite images. The authors show that the degree ...
Monotowns: A New Take on the Old Problem
... Cockburn, L., Rosell, C. 2010, Not invited here? Innovation in company towns, Journal of Urban Economics, Vol. 67, no. 1. p. 78—89.
32. Barnes, T. J., Hayter, R. 1994, Economic Restructuring, Local Development and Resource Towns: Forest Communities in Coastal British Columbia, The Canadian Journal of Regional Science, Vol.17. no. 3, p. 289—310.
33. Mawhiney, A.-M., Pitblado, J., 1999, Boom town blues — Elliot Lake: Collapse and revival in a single-industry community, Dundurn press, Toronto, Oxford publishing house, 346 p.
34. Dinius, O. J.,...