Intercultural mediation in the context of globalization and migrant crisis
... failure lately. The renewed demands for intercultural mediators require а need to evolve from mere tolerance to empathy in the process of communication with members of other cultures. A significant indicator of a new understanding of tolerance and adaptation to new conditions is mediation rather than the indifferent ‘tolerant’ acceptance of inappropriate behaviour.
1. Боголюбова Н. М., Николаeва Ю. В. Мeжкультурная коммуникация и мeждународный ...
Managerial competencies required: a comparative analysis of Moscow and the Kaliningrad region
... it possible to obtain objective empirical information on competency factors and their types. Sought-after competencies and their indicative structures were identified for each region. The findings are not only of theoretical importance but are well adapted for practical purposes, particularly, for advanced training of managers and teaching related university disciplines.
Krivosheev, V. V., Makarov, S. N.
management, exclave region, administration, leadership, leadership management, managerial ...
Impact of external migration on changes in the Swedish religious landscape
... from the Balkan Peninsula, the Middle East, and Africa has turned Sweden into a multi-religious state. Sweden has become one of the leaders among the EU countries as far as the growth rates of adherents of Islam are concerned. Immigrants are exposed to adaptation difficulties causing their social, cultural and geographical isolation and making relatively isolated migrant communities emerge. This study aims at finding correlation between the changes in the confessional structure of Swedish population ...
Personality in a multicultural world
The article considers problems faced by the individual as the bearer of social and cultural patterns. The article focusses on the issues of the conscious formation of tolerance and interconnections between understanding and the individual’s adaptation to reality. General knowledge, reflection, the extension of meaning, self-esteem, a system of values, logic and cognition form the basis of understanding. The author analyses the concept of multicultural identity and explores the problems of ...
Inclusive education in Russia and the Baltic countries: a comparative analysis
... educational situation of learners with disabilities. We consider inclusive education in the context of the documents of the European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education — an active educational institution that facilitates the preparation and adaptation of all learners to life in complex multicultural and integrated societies through rights, freedom, tolerance, and non-discrimination of persons with disabilities. Our analysis of inclusive education trends relies on the assessment of the ...
Spatial Planning in the European Union: Practices to Draw on in Russia
... territorial development management in the EU and its member states. The concept of ‘best practices’ is interpreted as an approach that includes the transfer of expert knowledge, concepts, ideas and practices developed in certain conditions and their adaptation to the needs of a different set of conditions in order to attain similar goals using the components of the transferred technique, model, or policy. We present a classification of spatial planning systems. We show how civil society is being ...
On strengthening the territorial differentiation of the rural population and the agrarian sector of the economy in the Russian Federation
... characteristics, the author made a typological grouping of regions, which is intended for practical use in the regional policy of the state and in the preparation of spatial and strategic planning documents at the regional level. The author suggests adapting the concept of the Unified Settlement System, developed in the Soviet period, in orfer to improve the regional systems of settlements in Central Russia.
Fedorov G. M.
rural population, population dynamics, agricultural sector, employment,...
Developing the computer database as a structural element of geoinformation system on the pogrom movement history
... and the composition of participants. One of the objectives of this work is to demonstrate the need to optimize the databases and offer the most illustrative thematic maps. The study resulted in the analysis of practical experience gained in the “adaptation” of ready-made databases to the formation of geographic information systems.
1. Амосов М. И. Историко-географическое атласное картографирование: современные тенденции ...
The issues of the post-war demobilization of military officers (1945—1948)
... criminal situation in the country. The state devastated by the war was simply unable to socially provide for and employ such a large number of demobilized people in a single step. Gradually, over time, a significant part of the demobilized was able to adapt socially to a peaceful society.
Shunyakov D. V.
USSR, Great Patriotic war, demobilization, officer
Development of electric road transport: simulation modelling
Electric transport is rapidly gaining popularity across the world. It is an example of technological advancement that has multiple consequences for regional economies, both in terms of the adaptation of production, transport and energy systems and their spatial optimization. The experience of leading economic regions, including countries of the Baltic Sea region, shows that electric transport can potentially substitute traditional transport ...
In pursuit of an innovation development trajectory of the Kaliningrad region
... policies are increasingly seeking to promote the development of regional innovation systems to intensify innovative processes and to enhance the economic competitiveness of territories. An efficient regional innovation policy requires a territorial adaptive approach to the development of mechanisms for innovating socio-spatial systems. These mechanisms should take into account the specific features and inalienable resources of territories. Whereas regional innovation systems are becoming increasingly ...
The use of a gas discharge visualization technique at estimation the antioxidant status of plants in the conditions of cadmium toxic effect
... water-soluble antioxidants in the leaves of the plants under consideration. It is shown that GDV-entropy can be used as a principal characteristic of the state of a vegetative organism when estimating the antioxidant status of plants and the degree of their adaptation to the toxic effect of cadmium ions.
1. Коротков К. Г. Принципы анализа в ГРВ биоэлектрографии. СПб., 2007.
2. Муромцев Д. И. Практические основы метода газоразрядной ...
Integrated approach to solving routing problem
... Курейчик В. М., Родзин С. И. Теория эволюционных вычислений. М., 2012.
Kureichik V., Scheglov S.
the algorithm, method, graph models, heuristics, structure, scheme, experiment, research, genetic search, adaptation, artificial intelligence, evolution, solution
The territorial cohesion as the basis for a balanced territorial policy in the Kaliningrad region
The territorial cohesion concept became a key priority of the European spatial development policy due to the growing awareness of the role of geography in ensuring sustainable regional development. The article is focused on the way of adapting this concept to the Kaliningrad region as a foundation for a sustainable spatial development policy in the context of the EU and the Baltic Sea Region cohesion policy.
1. Dedkov, V. P., Fedorov, G. M. 2006. Prostranstvennoe, territorial'noe ...
Theoretical framework for studying the problem of loneliness and its connection to social networking
Today, loneliness is no longer a problem of individuals but a problem of the society. Difficulties in adapting to changing conditions are increasingly characteristic of modern youth, which makes young people look for new ways to compensate for loneliness. The article considers different perspectives on one of such ways — social networking.
1. Бубер ...
The reaction of Neomysis integer Leach, 1815 to changes in water salinity in the Vistula Lagoon of the Baltic Sea
... B. Scope for growth of the estuarine mysid Neomysis integer (Peracarida: Mysidacea): effects of the organophosphate pesticide chlorpyrifos // Marine ecology progress series. 1999. Vol. 191. P. 233—241.
Mysidacea, water salinity, adaptation, distribution.
Kant’s Ethics in the Context of the Enlightenment. Report of the 12th Kant Readings Conference (Kaliningrad, 21-25 April 2019
... development of science and technology. It was noted that the intellectual and social communication environment of today has much in common with that of the Enlightenment era, which makes the philosophical strategy proposed during that era amenable to adaptation and development.
Baum, M., 2019. Kants praktischer Platonismus. Kantian Journal. 38(4), pp. 7-33.
Dmitrieva, N. A. and Chaly, V. A., eds. 2019. 12th Kant-Readings. Kant and the Ethics of Enlightenment: ...
Ch. Dickens’s A Christmas Carol: the axiology of holiday time
... Калининград, 2011.
17. Шевелева Т. Н. Христианские мотивы в творчестве Чарльза Диккенса : автореф. дис. … канд. филол. наук. Н. Новгород, 2004.
18. Adaptations of «A Christmas Carol» // Wikipedia : [сайт]. URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptations_of_A_Christmas_Carol (дата обращения: 11.09.2013).
19. Dickens Ch. «A Christmas Carol» in Prose. URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/19505/19505....
The comparative characteristics of Blackbird nest materials from natural and anthropogenic landscapes of the Kaliningrad region
... of nest lining is not that diverse. In woodlands, it consists predominantly of twigs and mosses.
Berlin // Birds in European cities / eds. J.
G. Kelcey, G. Reinwald. St. Katharinen, 2005. P. 17—40.
Synurbization adaptation of animal wildlife to urban development // Proceedings of the 4th Int. Symp / eds. W.
W. Shaw, L.
Arizona, 2004. P. 50—55.
Mulsow R., Tomialojc L.
Blackbird // The EBCC atlas of european breeding birds: their distribution ...
Sustainable development of the city territorial capital: adaptive policy through the geography of knowledge
When knowledge is a paramount resource, the effective management of its accumulation, use, and transfer becomes the most important function, which enables to assess and monitor the ability of territorial innovation systems to generate new scientific knowledge. While the commercialization of knowledge in the territorial context is primarily considered at the regional level as part of the production process, it is more appropriate to consider the knowledge generation at the level of a city where the...
Non-verbal elements of a film text in the semiosis of power
... an increasing role of visual elements. The development of cinema as a special sign system has contributed to this trend. Scholars agree on the definition of the film text as a unique type of text comprising both verbal and non-verbal elements. Film adaptations are an instance of intersemiotic translation. Today, television series are growing in popularity. This article studies various classifications of film text elements and analyses non-verbal signs used to demonstrate power in the ‘Game of ...
The role of brand ecosystem in solving the tasks of hi-tech product marketing
This article analyses an efficient method of interacting with customer, which is aimed at the successful adaptation of innovations. It is noted that, in hi-tech markets, such interaction with all groups of customers can be carried out through a strong brand, whereas special importance is attached to the creation of the brand’s ecosystem, which would make ...
Organization of professional in-service training for inclusive education
... федерального университета им. И. Канта. 2015. № 5. С. 112—120.
Denisova R., Rudakova N.
professional education, professional retraining, inclusive education, methodological approaches of professional retraining process, adapted basic education programs
Transformation of life strategies of the individual under the conditions of armed conflict
... Chamberlain K., Zika S. Religiosity, life meaning, and wellbeing: Some relationships in a sample of women // Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. 1988. Vol. 27. P. 411—420.
14. Reker G. T., Woo L. C. Personal meaning orientations and psychosocial adaptation in older adults // SAGE Open. 2011. Vol. 1 (1). P. 1—10.
15. Steger M. F. Experiencing meaning in life: Optimal functioning at the nexus of well-being, psychopathology, and spirituality // The human quest for meaning: Theories, research, ...
Lexical chellenges of computer games translation
... 567990/Sally_Face_EPISODES_2_3__Season_Pass/ (дата обращения: 13.06.2018).
17. Dope Game // STEAM. URL:
The_Dope_ Game/ (дата обращения: 13.06.2018).
18. Close S. Moon Prism Power!: Censorship as adaptation in the case of Sailor Moon // Journal of Audience & Recertion studies. 2017. Vol. 14, iss. 1. P. 264—281.
19. Катасонова Е. Л. Японцы в реальном и виртуальном мирах: очерки современной ...
Climate variability in the dynamics of seasonal development of plants in the South-East Baltic
... phänologischen Beobachtungen des Preussischen Botanischen Vereins und des Botanischen Vereins der Provinz Brandenburg. Leupold, 1894
12. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Fifth Assessment Report. Working group 2. Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. URL: http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg2/
13. Kalvane G., Romanovskaja D., Briede A., Baksiene E. Influence of climate change on phenological phases in Latvia and Lithuania // Climate Research. 2009. Vol. 39. P. 209—219....
The theoretical framework a teacher’s cross-cultural compe-tence: International practice
... Communication. 2014. Vol. 14. № 1. Р. 1—6.
14. Hunter B., White G. P., Godbey G. C. What does it mean to be globally competent? // Journal of Studies in Intercultural Education. № 10. 2006. P. 267—285.
15. Kim Y. Y. Communication and cross-cultural adaptation: An integrative theory. Philadelphia: Multilingual Matters. 1988.
16. Spitzberg B. H. A model of intercultural communication competence. In: Samovar A. L., Porter R. E., McDaniel E. R., Roy C. S. Intercultural communication. N. Y.: Wadsworth ...
Ontogenetic Dynamics of Hydrocortisone Quantitative Content of the Common Octopus Octopus vulgaris, Lamark (Cephalopoda: Octopodidae)
... patterns of its quantitative distribution in the octopus organism and formulates a hypothesis on the functional significance of hydrocortisone in the examined tissues of mollusks.
Hydrocortisone level is one of the most important organizers of general adaptation syndrome in the organisms of vertebrates under different forms of stress. It may be also used as an indicator of organism state of invertebrate hydrobionts in biotesting and bioindication of water biocenoses.
Properties of toluidine blue stained mast cells in the experiment with the intake of soluble silicon
... 12. P. 950—962.
23. Theoharides T. C., Alysandratos K.-D., Angelidou A. et al. Mast cells and inflammation // Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012. Vol. 1822, № 1. P. 21—33.
Gordova V. S., Ivanova E. P., Sergeeva V. E.
mast cells, silicates, thymus, adaptation
The history and modern condition of the urban fieldfare (Turdus pilaris L.) population in Kaliningrad
... Кишинёв,1988. С. 34—55.
4. Фридман В. С., Ерёмкин Г. С. Урбанизация «диких» видов птиц в контексте эволюции урболандшафта. М., 2009.
5. Luniak M. Sinurbanization — adaptation of animal wildlife to urban environment/ ed. L. Shaw // Proceedings 4th Int. Urban Wildlife Symp. 2004. P. 50—55.
6. Приедниекс Я., Куресоо А., Курлавичюс П. Рекомендации к орнитологическому ...
The terms «clinical recommendations», «clinical guidelines», «diagnostic and treatment protocol»: a comparative analysis of definitions
... not match in their interpretation. These terms can be used in different conditions: recommendations — in case of dispositive use, guidelines — in the case of imperative compliance with the rules for using the document, protocols — in case of adaptation of the first two documents to medical practice of specific medical institutions, in hospital practice.
1. Об основах охраны здоровья граждан в Российской Федерации : федер. закон ...
Woody plants of the Siberian Introduction Centre in the Kaliningrad region
....ru/ (даты обращения: 29.03.2012, 5.02.2013, 13.03.2014, 14.03.2014, 23.03.2015).
Petrova N., Yakovleva T.
woody plants, introduction centre, acclimatisation, introduction, resilience, introduction areas, winter resistance, potential, adaptation.
The Kaliningrad Region as a Potential Coastal Transport Cluster
... coastal regions of Russia, which ensure the country’s major export/import transactions, have potential for developing special forms of spatial organisation of regional transport system – transport clusters. This form of spatial organisation is better adapted (in comparison to a transport complex) to the ever-changing conditions of a competitive market. It suggests that all business entities of the territory interact thus increasing the competitiveness of transport cluster as a whole. The Kaliningrad ...
Land Use Change and Economics of Land Degradation in the Baltic Region
In this paper, we adapt a new conceptual framework for the assessment of the economics of land degradation and sustainable land management to the Baltic region. The findings show that the problem of land degradation in the countries of the region is quite substantial, ...
The optimisation of athletes’ training process through controlling individual immune-regenerative and biochemical blood parameters
... URL: http://www. vera-lab. ru/info/49.html (дата обращения: 08.02.2012).
Litvinova L.S., Pelmenev V.K., Goncharov A.G., Seledtsova I.A., Shupletsova V.V., Panina V.A., Seledtsov V.I.
impulsive load, compensatory-adaptive mechanisms, adaptations, hematologic data, cell surface markers
The assessment and factors of increase in innovative competitiveness of Latvian regions
... Minsk, Izdatelstvo MIU.
9. Voronovs, V., Petrova I., Račko, E. 2006, Reģionālās ekonomikas konkurētspējas paaugstināšana un aktīvā adaptācija globalizācijas apstākļos [Improving the competitiveness of the regional economy as its active adaptation in the context of globalization.], Daugavpils, Akadēm. apg. „Saule”.
10. Schastitko, A. E. 2009, Clusters as a Form of Spatial Organisation of Economic Activity: Theory and Practical Observations, Baltic region, no 2, p. 7—25. doi: ...
The social and pedagogical determinants of inclusive education: A comparative analysis of Western and Russian ideas
... ред. С. В. Алехина. М., 2013. С. 679—683.
20. Smith T. E. Teaching students with special needs in inclusive settings. Boston, 2008.
inclusive education, non-typical child, socio-pedagogical determinant, socialization, adaptation, educational environment, academic competence, social competence
Climate change and the dynamics of vector-borne disease rate in the Kaliningrad region
, Boqvist S.
Leptospira — an indicator of climate change-driven increased risk for infectious disease? // Climate change and agricultural production in the Baltic Sea Region — Focus on effects, vulnerability and adaptation.
NJF report. 2010. Vol. 6, №
1. P. 37.
погоды. URL: http://diary.gismeteo.ru (дата обращения: 15.02.2011)
Barinova G. M., Kokhanovskaya M. I.
climate change, vector-borne infections, morbidity,...
Moscow and its region: structural and functional transformations
... Metabolism of Cities // Scientific American. 1965. № 213 (3). P. 178—193.
28. Yanitsky O. Towards an Eco-City: Problems of Integrating Knowledge with Practice // International Social Science Journal. 1982.Vol. 34, № 3. P. 469—480.
Yanitsky O. N.
adaptation, globalization, city, metabolism, mobility, STR-4, structural-functional transformations, Russia
Bread supply issue and the food independence of the Novgorod land
... budget of a peasant agricultural farm shows that, in the then conditions, it could not rest solely on own-grown corn and livestock products in the Novgorod land. For centuries, peasant diet included products compensating for the shortage of bread. Such adaptability to environmental conditions helped optimise the life of peasant families and minimise the food budget deficit throughout the Novgorod land.
Русская республика (севернорусские ...
Negative externalities and sustainability of energy sector
.... The economics of environmental voluntary agreements.
The Handbook of Environmental Voluntary Agreements. Vol. 43. P. 3 – 30.
Hicks, J. (1946).
Value and Capital.
Holling, C. S. (Ed.). (1978). Adaptive Environmental Assessment and Management. - New York.
Holling, C. S. (1986). The resilience of terrestrial ecosystems: local surprises and global change. / In: W. C. Clark and R.E. Munn. (Eds.).
Sustainable Development of the Biosphere....
Geopolitical development potential of the Russian exclusive region: search for key strategy and mechanisms for its implementation in new conditions
... immediate proximity of the European Union. Through understanding the geopolitical potential of development, by comparing various theoretical and practical solutions, the authors search for mechanisms that would allow a regional society to develop an adaptive strategy that can ensure the absolute priority of all-Russian civic identity and effective social, economic and humanitarian cooperation with its Baltic neighbors. Such a mechanism could be the expansion of cross-border cooperation in non-political ...
Theoretical analysis of fuzzy logic and Q. E. method in economics
... Chichester, 2017.
16. Stanford University. An introduction to philosophy. URL:
ford.edu/~bobonich/glances%20ahead/IV.excluded.middle.html (дата обращения: 11.02.2019).
17. Sy Dzung Nguyen, Seung-Bok Choi. Design of a new adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system based on a solution for clustering in a data potential field // Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 2015. Vol. 279. P. 64—86. doi:
18. Trillas E. Glimpsing at guessing // Fuzzy ...
The political elite recruitment in the Baltic: the role of the ethnic factor
... Eugrimas, no. 1—2.
11. Kasatkina, N., Leončikas, T. 2003, Lietuvos etninių grupių adaptacija: kontekstas ir eiga, Vilnius: Socialinių tyrimų institutas, Eugrimas.
12. Kruusvall, J., Vetik, R., Berry, J. 2009, The Strategies of Interethnic adaptation of Estonian Russians, Studies of Transition and Societies, Vol. 1, no. 1.
13. Misiunas, R. J., Taagepera, R. 1989, The Baltic States: Years of dependence, 1980-1986, Journal of Baltic Studies, Vol. 20, no. 1.
14. Norgaard, O. (ed.) 1996,...
Queuing Russia: The Formation of New Social Practices in the Russian Cities of 1914-1918
The First World War was the time of major social shifts in the life of Russian society, the formation of new social practices that allowed the urban population to adapt to the extreme conditions of the Great War. Queue (the «tail») was one of them, gradually transforming from one of the many social practices into the «focal point» of culture.
1. № 141. Статья «К уничтожению хвостов» ...
Mapping Poetic Bilingualism in Europe: Language Contacts and Cultural Transfers
... kniga. Ljubljana, p. 239—246.
25. Perloff, M., 1999. «Logocinéma of the Frontiersman»: Eugene Jolas's Multilingual Poetics and Its Legacies. Kunapipi, 20(3), p. 145—163.
26. Tateoka, K. et al., eds., 2016. Found in Translation: Transformation, Adaptation and Cross-Cultural Transfer. Belgrade.
27. Zumthor, P., 1960. Un problème d'esthétique médiévale: l'utilisation poétique du bilinguisme. Le Moyen Age, 15—16, p. 301—336.
multilingualism, bilingualism, poetry, Europe, cultural transfer,...
The current state of the climate system of the Kaliningrad region and global warming
... Калининградской области в 2016 году : государственный доклад. Калининград, 2017.
13. Anisimov O. A., Vaughan D. G., Callaghan T. V. et. al. Polar regions (Arctic and Antarctic). Climate Change: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fourth As- sessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge, 2007.
14. Оценочный доклад об изменениях климата и их ...
The development of Kaliningrad regional economy: A new stage of restructuring
The Kaliningrad region is developing in complicated exclave conditions, which results in insufficient resilience of its economy to external impacts. There is a need for constant monitoring of the economic situation in the region and the adaptation of the regional strategy to changing conditions. This article sets out to evaluate the stages of regional economy development and the methods of its modernisation and restructuring in view of accumulated experience in reacting to changes in ...
Kant’s Asynchronicity Concerning Newtonian Space and Gravity in his Pre-Critical Writings
... the discussion that evolved did not point to the asynchronicity that takes place in Kant’s struggle with the central Newtonian concepts. Newtonian space and gravity, in revised form, are of central concern to Kant’s critical philosophy. But Kant adapted and re-evaluated these two concepts in an asynchronous way. While Kant tries to integrate a notion of gravity into his theory of matter in his very first published writing, he has at this stage no adequate notion of space. At this time, as in ...
Russian-Estonian Economic and Investment Cooperation During the Crisis: Dynamics and Possibilities
... plant in Russia, 2014, Estonian Investment Agency, 07 April, available at: http://www.investinestonia.com/en/about-estonia/news/article/884-estonian-company-ecomet-invest-to-launch-batteryprocessing-plant-in-russia (accessed 01.11.2014).
17. George, A. Adapting to Constraints on Rational Decisionmaking. In: R. Art & P. Education (Eds.) International Politics: Enduring Concepts and Contemporary Issues, New York, 1992.
18. Levy, J. S. 2003, Political Psychology and Foreign Policy. In D. Sears, L. Huddy ...