The questions of the poet A. S. Kushner to the philosopher I. Kant regarding the otherworldly
... Соловьев В. Стихотворения. Эстетика. Литературная критика. М., 1990. С. 35.
15. Соловьев В. С. Кант. // Соловьев В. С. Соч.: в 2 т. М., 1988. Т. 2. С. 478.
existence of God, perfection, autonomy, heteronomy, beauty of nature, postulates of the practical reason, freedom, determinism
Kalinnikov L. A.
Edgar Poe’s World Model
The article determines the key elements of the Weltanschauung of the great American 19th century poet and writer. The author criticises some interpretations of Poe’s views on the Universe, God and cognition problem.
Лавкрафт — исследователь аутсайда.
Эдгар Аллан По. ...
On the logical inconsistency of Kant’s critique of the cosmological argument
... existence of the world). Instead, it resorts covertly to the ontological proof. This is the second stage of the proof, when fr om the notion of a necessary being (ens necessarium) they move to the concept of a most real being (ens realissimum), i.e. God. According to Kant, this transition is logically equivalent to the reverse transition from ens realissimum to ens necessarium, which is the essence of the ontological argument. Demonstrating this equivalence, Kant resorts to conversion by lim itation,...
An early edition of Andrey Bolotov’s memoirs (from the archives and manuscripts section of the State Historical Museum)
... Andreya Bolotova, opisannye samim im dlya svoikh potomkov [The life and adventures of Andrei Bolotov, described by him for his descendants]. Vol. 1—4. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Bolotov, A. T., n. d. Priklyucheniya Andreya Bolotova s 1752 po 1758 god, opisannye samim im [Adventures of Andrei Bolotov from 1752 to 1758, described by him]. OPI GIM F. 349. № 2 (in Russ.).
Veselova, A. Yu. and Milyutin, M. P., (in press) The history of the creation of the memoirs of A. T. Bolotov. Russkaya literatura ...
The execution of Henry Monte and the Prussian motif of “double death”
This article focuses on the execution of one of the leaders of the Prussian revolt, Herkus Monte, according to the “double death” rite dedicated to two gods — Patollo and Potrimps. This rite is typical for the Baltic perception of the other world and is a special case of the common for Indo-European peoples idea of death.
1. Генрих Латвийский. Хроника Ливонии. Л., 1938....
Hermeneutics of Guilt in Johannes Bobrowski’s Works
... Johannes Bobrowski Gesellschaft : [сайт]. URL:
(дата обращения: 01.06.2017).
Gilmanov V., Koptsev I.
guilt, «hermeneutical razor», memory, sarmatism, honest to God, language
Seeming confusion in interpretation: George Berkeley and Immanuel Kant
... Вольфа // Христиан Вольф и философия в России. СПб., 2001. С. 107—124.
5. Allair E. B. Berkeley´s Idealism: Yet another Visit // Berkeley´s metaphysics.Pennsylvania, 1995.
6. Atherton M. Berkeley without God // Ibid.
7. Berkeley G. A treatise concerning the principles of human knowledge. L., 1949.Vol. 2.
8. Berkeley G. Philosophical commentaries. L., 1948. Vol. 1.
9. Berkeley G. Philosophical correspondence between Berkeley and Samuel Johnson.L....
John Bunyan’s allegoric tradition in Clive Staples Lewis’s novel The Pilgrim’s Regress
In his allegorical travel novel, Clive Staples Lewis tells the story of a hu¬man soul wandering in search for god. The medieval form of the allegorical novel helps the author to speak plainly about complex things: he explores the cultur¬al attitudes of a 20th-century person from the perspective of the Christ-centric axiological system of the Middle Ages. This ...
Lingvocultural Transfer: a Myth as a Meme
... 2010. Vvedenie v medialogiyu [Introduction à la médiologie]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Dakinz, R., 2013. Rasshirennyi fenotip: dlinnaya ruka gena [The extended phenotype. The long reach of the gene]. Moscow (in Russ.).
Dakinz, R., 2017. Bog kak illuzia [The God delusion]. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Leach, E., 2001. Kul'tura i kommunikatsiya: Logika vzaimosvyazi simvolov. K ispol'- zovaniyu strukturnogo analiza v sotsial'noi antropologii [Culture and Communication: the logic by which symbols are connected....
Social Christianity in F. A. Stepun’s philosophy of history
This article analyses Fedor Stepun’s idea of social Christianity. The au¬thor identifies the axiological context of the Baden School of Neo-Kantian thought in Stepun’s interpretation of Christian God. The significance of Christian politics in the philosopher’s assessment of socio-political processes is stressed.
1. Степун Ф. А. Борьба либеральной и тоталитарной демократии вокруг понятия ...
Eschatological intertexts in E.Wichert’s report from “Dead forest”
... : Das einfache Leben.
16. Zwischen Innerer Emigration und Exil. Deutschsprachige Schriftsteller 1933—1945 / hrsg. von M. Golaszewki, M. Kardach, L. Krenzlin. Berlin ; Boston, 2016.
Gilmanov V. Ch., Koptsev I. D.
intertextuality, genre, inferno, God, Revelation
Ideology of Armenian and Russian Orthodoxy in the mirror of ritual objects: khachkars and wayside crosses
... the analysis of Orthodox religious rituals and religious objects used in them. The authors reveal deep cognitive functions that these religious objects enable, first of all, the creation of a sacred milieu, unification of the Orthodox believer with God, and the formation of Orthodox memory. At the same time, it is noted that the Armenian khachkars are closer to pagan cultures in comparison with wayside crosses of the Eastern Slavs; the fact that can be conditioned by the cultural history of these ...
Kant's basic idea
This article puts forward the idea that the basis of Kant’s philosophy is moral ontology dominated by things in themselves, which provide the basis for the moral world order: God, soul, and freedom. Kant's epistemology, teleology and anthropology are determined by the attempt to prove the possibility of such world order. The ultimate end of this order is a human as a moral being, the thinking, experience, and knowledge of ...
Kant versus Vladimir Solovyov: gnosiology with reflection and without it
... cognitive mechanism. If, according to Kant, the acquisition of true knowledge is impossible without reflection (including transcendental reflection), Solovyov builds his theory of knowledge on entirely different grounds, therefore, he has to rely on God and intellectual intuition in discovering the truth. Only having established the pros and cons of both gnoseologies, we can define whose theory — Kant’s or Solovyov’s — is more suitable to describe the process of cognition by a human being ...
Baltic Factor in Russia-France Relations
... (In Russ.)
3. Martens, F. F. 1909, Sobranie traktatov i konvencij, zaklyuchennyh Rossieyu s inostrannymi derzhavami, Т. 15, St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
4. Milchina, V. A., Ospovat, A. L. 2008, Kommentarij k knige Astol'fa de Kyustina «Rossiya v 1839 god» [The comment to Astolphe de Custin's book "Russia in 1839"], St. Petersburg. (In Russ.)
5. Ratch, V. F. 1866, Pol'skaya `emigraciya do i vo vremya poslednego myatezha 1831—1863 g. Vil'na [The Polish emigration to and during the last ...
On fate and/or providence in Pushkin’s short story ‘The blizzard’
... Differences in the functioning of the traditional plot are considered against the background of the interrelation and interdependence between fate, chance, and free will. In a Christian reading, the attitudes of the main characters of the three works to God's providence explain the motives behind their actions, the further course of events, and the endings of the works.
Vasilyev, S. А., 2008. “Metel” or “Myatel”? On the title of the story of A. S. Pushkin. Nauchnyi zhurnal Russkaya ...
Linguocultural Transfer: Memplexes in the Anglo-Saxon Tradition
... flood]. Moscow.
6. Dokinz, R., 2013. Rasshirennyi fenotip: dlinnaya ruka gena [The extended phenotype. The long reach of the gene]. Moscow.
7. Dokinz, R., 2014. Egoistichnyi gen [The selfish gene]. Moscow.
8. Dokinz, R., 2017. Bog kak illyuziya [The God delusion]. St. Petersburg.
9. Zal'tsman, L. F., 2009. Zhizn' v Anglii v Srednie veka [Life in England in the early Middle Ages]. St. Petersburg.
10. Zolyan, S. T., Zhdanov, R. I., 2016. Genome as a (hyper) text: from metaphor to theory. Kritika i ...
Crimea in the legacy of B. D. Grekov, fellow of the Academy of Sciences
... Paneyakh, V. M., 2001. About the case of B. D. Grekov. Otechestvennaya istoriya [Native history], 4.
13. Sporov, D. B., ed., 2002. Correspondence of S. V. Veselovsky and V. D. Grekov (May 1929 — December 1930). Arkheograficheskii ezhegodnik za 2001 god [Archaeographic Yearbook 2001]. Moscow.
14. Filimonov, S. B., 2004. Khraniteli istoricheskoi pamyati Kryma [Keepers of the historical memory of the Crimea]. Simferopol.
15. Filimonov, S. B., 2006. Intelligentsiya v Krymu (1917—1920): poiski i nakhodki ...
Hagiographic genre in the works of Konrad von Wurzburg
I analyse three hagiographic poems written by Konrad von Würzburg, a German poet of the XIII century. The poems describe the lives of Saint Alexis, a Man of God, Saint Pantaleon and Pope Sylvester. These saints are worshipped both by the Catholic and the Orthodox churches. Special attention is paid to Konrad von Wurzburg’s concept of ‘genre’, its essential features and the reader’s perception of hagiographic ...
The concept of postulate in Kant's philosophy
... Uebele. Berlin, 1913. Bd. 1.
29. Wolff Chr. Mathematisches Lexicon. Leipzig, 1716.
30. Wolff Chr. Philosophia rationalis sive Logica. Leipzig, 1740.
postulate, axiom, hypothesis, principle, fundamental principle, maxim, highest good, existence of God, immortality of soul, autonomy of will, faith
Kryshtop L. E.
On Russian/Nordic Investment Competition in the Baltic States
... (accessed 02.03.2015).
12. Russian Foreign Ministry, available at: http://www.mid.ru/brp_4.nsf/newsline/E47437042173F9B643257 DCB004C2386 (accessed 21.01.2015).
13. Olenchenko, V. A. 2012, Strany Baltii: osobennosti sovremennogo jetapa razvitija. God planety [The Baltic countries: features of the present stage of development. Year of the Planet], Moscow, p. 480.
14. Sledovateli prishli v Oriflame po "staromu delu" [Investigators came to Oriflame by "old case"], 2014, the RBC,...
The “Polish question” in Soviet-German relations in the second half of the 1920s (based on the materials of the USSR consulate in Königsberg)
... godu [Once again, the visit of a delegation from East Prussia in the USSR in 1929], Kaliningradskie arhivy [Kaliningrad archives], no. 9, p. 48—60.
9. Kratkij obzor donesenij imperatorskih rossijskih konsul'skih predstavitelej za granicej za 1914 god [A brief review of the reports of the Imperial Russian consular representatives abroad for 1914]. Pg., 1915.
10. Rossijskij gosudarstvennyj arhiv jekonomiki [Russian State Archive of the Economy], F. 413, Op. 10, D. 916.
11. Arhiv vneshnej politiki ...
Some features of love and amorousness concepts in religious youth
... the notions of love and amorousness among nonbelieving and believing respondents — members of the Protestant community. In the basis of the differences in the concept of love, respondents have followed the categories of "sacrifice", "god", "negative consequences". The hierarchy of coinciding categories in the respondents' views has reflected differences in two samples. The category of "physical intimacy" has been identified as the background for the differences ...
Innovation centres as growth points for smaller towns and rural areas
... at: http://gov39.ru/novosti-2/zakon-o-promyshlennoj-politike-rasshiryaet-obyazannosti-i-uvelichivaet-zonu-otvetstvennosti-regionalnoj-vlasti-2528972311/ (accessed 20 April 2012).
6. Pasport social'no-jekonomicheskogo polozhenija gorodov Rossii za 2010 god [Passport of the socio-economic status of cities of Russia for 2010], 2011, Kaliningrad, Territorial'nyj organ Federal'noj sluzhby gosudarstvennoj statistiki po Kaliningradskoj oblasti, 181 p.
7. Plenarnoe zasedanie «Vyzovy novogo desjatiletija: ...
Unvergängliche Bedeutung des philosophisch-pädagogischen Schaffens Kants
... für erziehenden Unterricht (Langensalza). 1910/1911. 38, № 12. S. 114—116.
four Kant's revolutions, the plan of the sensible world: upbringing of the 'citizen of the world', respect to the moral law, ideas: freedom, immortality of the soul and God, good will, duty and unconditional human worth, the sensitive as preparation for morality
Schatschina A. Ju.
Imposture as a problem of reference: semiotics of the name in Boris Godunov
... Modal Logic. Journal of Philosophy, 65 (5), pp. 113—126.
Lewis, D., 1973. Counterfactuals. Oxford.
Litvina, A. F. and Uspenskii, F. B., 2020a. «Se yaz rab Bozhii...» Mnogoimennost' kak faktor i fakt drevnerusskoi kul'tury [«Behold the servant of God...» Multiple names as a factor and fact of ancient Russian culture]. St. Petersburg (in Russ.).
Litvina, A. F. and Uspenskii, F. B., 2020b. The real and imaginary names of Boris Godunov. Slověne, 9 (1), pp. 185—231 (in Russ.).
Orwell, J., 1984....
The Emergence of Onto-Gnoseology among Russian Intuitivists as Criticism of Neo-Kantianism
... Humphrey Milford.
Lossky, N. O., 1935. Value and Existence. Translated by S. Vinokooroff. London: George Allen & Unwin.
Lossky, N. O., 1952. History of Russian Philosophy. London: Allen & Unwin.
Lossky, N. O., 1954. About the Creation of the World by God. Put’, 54, pp. 3-22. (In Rus.)
Lossky, N. O., 1968. Vospominaniya [Memories]. Munich: Wilhelm Fink. (In Rus.)
Lossky, N. O., 1971. An Outline of My Own Philosophy. Le Messager périodique de l’Action Chrétienne des Etudiants Russes, 2(100), pp....
The phenomenology of Pushkin’s ‘universal sympathy (based on ‘Аscene from ‘Faust’, ‘The feast in the time of plague’, and ‘the Wanderer’)
... Nepomnyashchiy’s concept of the poetic momentum of Pushkin’s literary work, which is always in the stress field between the Christmas and Easter meta-codes. This field dictates the solution to the main Christian problem of correlations in the dialogue between God and the human being. It is concluded that Pushkin was aware of the dangers of ‘the mystery of iniquity’, which is closely connected with the ideas of Gnosticism when partaking spiritually and poetically of the literary phenomenology of Goethe’s ...
Kant, Nietzsche, and the Enlightenment: A comparative analysis
... functional status of the ‘guardian’ and the new interpretation of the ideas of maturity and freedom in Nietzsche’s understanding of the Enlightenment. This becomes possible after Nietzsche’s renunciation of Romanticism and experience of the death of God. Nietzsche extends Kant’s list of possible problems in achieving enlightenment — egoism, guardianship, sloth, and cowardice. For Nietzsche, the central problem is the dominant role of reason in the Enlightenment. Nevertheless, reason is not denied ...
The Role of the Sublime in Kant’s Religion: Moral Motivation and Empirical Possibility
... Berlin and Boston: De Gruyter, pp. 99-119.
Forschner, M., 2005. Immanuel Kant über Vernunftglaube und Handlungsmotivation. Zeitschrift für Philosophische Forschung, 59(3), pp. 327-344.
Hare, J., 1996. The Moral Gap: Kantian Ethics, Human Limits, and God’s Assistance. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
Hughes, F., 2007. Kant’s Aesthetic Epistemology: Form and World. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
Kant, I., 1992. The Jäsche Logic. In: I. Kant, 1992. Lectures on Logic. Translated and edited by J....
A poetic function in an expanding context: title — monoverse — polytext (on the example of Ivan Zhdanov's poetry)
... Russian literature]. Moscow: Russian State University for the Humanities Publ., pp. 563—609 (in Russ.).
Radchuk, O. A., 2014. Poetic function and its implementation in a poetic text. Lingua mobilis, 4 (50), pp. 12—15.
Severskaya, O. I., 2020. “God — Oedipus — Father”: linguistic “theosophy” of meta-realism. Verkhnevolzhskii filologicheskii vestnik [Verkhnevolzhsky philological bulletin], 2 (21), pp. 164—172 (in Russ.).
Shestakova, I. V., 2019. Photo images in I. Zhdanov's poetry....
‘Back to Kant’ or ‘Back to Leibnitz’? A critical view from the history of Russian metaphysical personalism
... epistemology seeks ‘pure experience’. However, such experience is not interpreted as ‘bare’ cognition or its mere possibility but rather it is perceived as a combination of consciousness (Bewusstsein), knowledge (Erkenntnis), the consciousness of God (Gottesbewusstsein), faith, and free will. Thus, Russian neo-Leibnizians represented their epistemology as a complete sphere and viewed the Kantian and neo-Kantian teaching of ‘pure experience’ as a section of that sphere. However, Russian metaphysical ...
The Name of Prophet Abraham in the Old Russian Literature of XI—XIII centuries
... Grace and Truth through Jesus Christ revealed, and as the Law departed, but Grace and Truth filled the whole earth, and faith in all nations spread, and reached our Russian people. And praise our prince Vladimir, whom we were baptized. And prayer to God from all our land, 1997. In: D. S. Likhacheva, L. A. Dmitrieva, eds. Biblioteka literatury Drevnej Rusi [The Library of Ancient Rus' Literature]. Vol. 1. St. Petersburg. 1, pp. 26—61 (in Russ.).
Ostromir Gospels. Rossiiskaya natsional'naya biblioteka ...
Kantian Ethical Humanism in Late Imperial Russia
..., not metaphysical foundations. Solovyov, however, ultimately grounded his moral doctrine in a highly metaphysical all-unity, which he saw as Reason — note the capital “R” — with human civilisation historically unfolding towards a Kingdom of God on Earth. There were other notable advocates of a Kantian humanism in Imperial Russia, but one that cannot be forgotten is Boris N. Chicherin, who combined Kantian morality with a distinct favouring of Hegelianism. What emerges most strongly in ...
Human Development Index as a Tool to Assess Social Development in the Baltic States
... problemy gumanitarnykh i estestvennykh nauk [Actual problems of the humanities and natural sciences], no. 3, p. 70—74. (in Russ.)
4. Auzan, A. A., Bobylev, S. N. (eds.) 2011, Doklad o razvitii chelovecheskogo potentsiala v Rossiiskoi Federatsii za 2011 god [Report on Human Development in the Russian Federation for 2011], Moscow, 146 p. (in Russ.)
5. Isakin, М. А. 2007, Vyyavlenie prioritetov sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya regiona: matematiko-metodicheskoe obespechenie i ego eksperimental'naya ...
The Baltic Sea region and increasing international tension
11. NATO’s Readiness Action Plan, 2015, NATO, available at: http://www.nato. int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/pdf_2015_12/20151130_1512-factsheet_rap_en.pdf (accessed 21.01.2016).
12. Voennye itogi goda: chem zapomnilsja 2015 god dlja rossijskoj armii [The military results of the year: the memorable 2015 for the Russian army.], 2015, Zvezda TV Channel, available at: http://tvzvezda.ru/news/forces/content/201512310750- ycjf.htm (accessed 21.01.2016).
13. Chernenko, E. ...
Kant’s transcendentalism and concept of the thing in itself
... Things in Themselves, Transcendental Objects, and Monads, Kant-Studien, vol.105(2), p. 221—260.
15. Buchdahl, G. 1992, Kant and the Dynamics of Reason: Essays on the Structure of Kant's Philosophy, Oxford : Blackwell.
16. Buchdahl, G. 1994, Science and God: The Topology of the Kantian World, Kant and Contemporary Epistemology (ed. Paolo Parrini), Dordrecht : Springer, pp. 1—25.
17. Chisholm, R. 1950, The Theory of Appearing, in: Max black, ed. Philosophical Analysis, Ithaca, NY : Cornell University ...
Moral theology and the cosmological argument. Comments and delibera¬tions on a little-known Reflection of Kant
... discussed on one side, and the cosmological proof on the other. A transcription and description of the sheet is provided, followedby a “Question & Answer” with the goal of dating the notes describing the two separate arguments for the existence of God. The use of the expressions ‘Moraltheologie’ (moral theology) and ‘Endzweck’ (final purpose), as well as the discussion of ‘an object of the moral will’ — all of which touchupon a central point of Kant’s developing moral philosophy ...
Kant and the Crusians in the Debate on Optimism
... Wahrheit der Welt in Meiers Kosmologie. In: F. Grunert, G. Stiening, eds. 2015. Georg Friedrich Meier (1718—1777). Philosophie als „wahre Weltweisheit“. Berlin: De Gruyter, pp. 123-142.
19. Leibniz, G. W., 1951. Theodicy. Essays on the Goodness of God, the Freedom of Man and the Origin of Evil. Translated by E. M. Huggard. Edited by A. Farrer. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul Limited.
20. Lorenz, S., 1997. De mundo optimo. Studien zu Leibniz Theodizee und ihrer Rezeption in Deutschland (1710—1791)....
Local border traffic as an efficient tool for developing cross-border cooperation
... Analytical Portal Germany, Russia, Europe and the world], Deutsche Welle, available at: http://www.dw.de/a-17740616 (accessed 12.05.2015).
10. Doklad rukovoditelja KTU Rosgranicy Viktora Kudrjavceva «Ob itogah dejatel'nosti KTU Rosgranicy za 2013 god» [Report of the Head of KTU Rosgranitsa Victor Kudryavtsev "About results of activity of KTU Rosgranitsa in 2013"], 2014, Federal'noe agentstvo po obustrojstvu gosudarstvennoj granicy Rossijskoj Federacii [Federal Agency for Development ...
Kant’s Dissertation for the Master’s Degree On Fire and the Transformations of his Ideas of Ethereal Matter
... Theoretical philosophy, I755-1770. Translated and edited by D. Walford in collaboration with R. Meerbote. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 47-66.
Kant, I., 1992c. The Only Possible Argument in Support of a Demonstration of the Existence of God. In: I. Kant, 1992. Theoretical philosophy, I755-1770. Translated and edited by D. Walford in collaboration with R. Meerbote. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 107-202.
Kant, I., 1992d. Attempt to Introduce the Concept of Negative Magnitudes ...
Kant and the Problem of Optimism: The Origin of the Debate
... philosopher examined the problem in the framework of a polemic on Crusian philosophy. This article presents Crusius’s arguments against the theory that this is the best of all possible worlds and in favour of the theory that there are several good worlds. God’s choice of the actual world owes therefore to the freedom of contradiction (libertas contradictionis) and to the freedom of contrariety (libertas contrarietatis), which are eliminated in the teaching of optimism.
Anonym. 1753, Leipzig, in: ...
Studies into the history of Russian Neo-Kantianism in Poland
... Ukrains’ka polonistika (Piedagogichni dostizenija) [Ukrainian Polish studies (Pedagogical achievements)]. № 3—4, p. 83—95.
90. Solowjow W. S. 2012, Pojecie Boga (w obronie filozofii Spinozy) / Pier. koll. pod red. T. Obolevitch [The concept of God (the defense of Spinoza’s philosophy) / Trans. coll. ed. T. Obolevitch] // Logos i Ethos [Logos and Ethos]. № 1, p. 203—231.
91. Stiepun F. 1999, Zycie a tworczosc. Pier. W. Sawickiego [The life and creativity. Trans. W. Sawicki]. Warsaw.